Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:55:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will digital currency ever replace paper money?
Yes - 206 (51.6%)
No - 193 (48.4%)
Total Voters: 399

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think digital currency will ever replace paper money?  (Read 11172 times)
TahuDiniHari

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:52:24 AM

I think it's obviously different. Digital money already has its own place, while paper money remains the money we use in everyday life. but with a note, if all readiness supports to make digital money into daily money, why do not we use it as well.
lazygin001 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:59:06 AM

I don't think so, we will have both physical and digital currency in the future but not a replacement

But there is a demand of instant transactions and physical currency may not be able to fall into that category.
That's right, and debit or credit card exist for it as well as the existence of Paypal. The disadvantages of blockchain is that every transaction need a confirmation to avoid double spends or any error and confirmation do require times to arrive.
Frankly speaking, digital currency will not fulfill the demand for instant transactions.

Sorry for being ignorant, does Ripple do instant transactions too?
valov88

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:18:14 AM

I don't think that BTC will ever completely replace paper money. I can't see that as a viable possibility.

godisable

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:27:45 AM

Roll Eyes no because not everyone that knows about digital currency.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:31:51 AM

For now it can't replace real money,because of the effectiveness of the transaction,by using digital money,you have to do some step before you do transaction
But with real money you can do transaction on the spot instantly,if in the future bitcoin can solve the problem of the effectiveness,then maybe it will replace the paper money
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:34:52 AM

Will not. I think cash money will still be used. Moreover, not everyone knows and has a gadget. Local money will remain everyone's favorite.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:25:57 PM

Im pretty sure it will happen, the banks are already providing a lot services which you can make from home, paying bills choose investments talk with a manager. Sure it will take some years but pretty sure we are already into the digital area and it will be implements for full over the next years. But for those happens it must get safe to do any transaction online without hackers be able to damage or attack such system, something similiar the hash of mining at bitcoin.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 12:39:35 PM

I think bitcoin cannot replace paper money because Bitcoin price is not stable. we had seen drastic change in price recent days.
Bitcoin can be hacked by hackers.
I think This is not feasible for world to replace bitcoin to paper currency.

salamc

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:54:44 PM

Yes.
We're already witnessing digitalization of everything with internet.
Think about it ... all the app's we're using ... emails ... it's all going in the cloud ! And paper bank notes will follow too !
rcoins0720

Activity: 253

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:57:32 PM

NO its not ganna happen LOL
paper need to circulate in one certain country to determine its economy growth...
In fact crypto or digital currency like BTC is more prone to scam and in one blink all your cryptos will vanished
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:59:07 PM

First, we need to differentiate between a hack and a theft. Many assume that they are one and the same, but they are not. So, not all hacks involve theft. And not all theft is a hack, obviously. Theft does still happen out there in the physical world, with no computer getting involved. So, it’s not that cryptocurrency businesses suffer more hacks than all other sectors. They don’t. It just seems like they do, because those hacks get a lot of public attention.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:19:36 PM

Im pretty sure it will happen, the banks are already providing a lot services which you can make from home, paying bills choose investments talk with a manager. Sure it will take some years but pretty sure we are already into the digital area and it will be implements for full over the next years. But for those happens it must get safe to do any transaction online without hackers be able to damage or attack such system, something similiar the hash of mining at bitcoin.
When days past technology are continues improving and it was the same with the currency. I think sooner or later paper money was diminish in each country due to digital currency. I believe that if all peoples are educate regarding bitcoin I think they can easily understand and used it in the future.
malboroman

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 01:21:54 PM

When days past technology are continues improving and it was the same with the currency. I think sooner or later paper money was diminish in each country due to digital currency. I believe that if all peoples are educate regarding bitcoin I think they can easily understand and used it in the future.

But now there are a number of cryptocurrencies and new ones a coming, which one we should use?
staff_1307

Activity: 232

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:25:25 PM

I think that will replace, for one very simple reason - it's more convenient.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:30:57 PM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

What do you guys think? Wink
In my opinion, it's a no-no. Maybe it will be legal to most countries but won't totally replace it. Regular currencies has physical market value and are used in a long period of time. Eventhough more people, especially nowadays, who are into technology, still regular currency has a big role. And infact, there are users that converts their bitcoin into fiat, especially those who are living where Bitcoin is not yet legal.
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:40:29 PM

Maybe in some countries it is possible but not globally because not every people in this planet has an access to the internet. Some don't have the technology for accessing the digital money and as we can see paper money is more convenient in our everyday use because it is where we are used to.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 01:53:06 PM

First, we need to differentiate between a hack and a theft. Many assume that they are one and the same, but they are not. So, not all hacks involve theft. And not all theft is a hack, obviously. Theft does still happen out there in the physical world, with no computer getting involved. So, it’s not that cryptocurrency businesses suffer more hacks than all other sectors. They don’t. It just seems like they do, because those hacks get a lot of public attention.

I consider your point but Do you think unstable currency could be replace our fiat currency?
sometimes bitcoin price increase by 10% and sometimes decrease in single day.

Tell me any currency which has been facing above type of drastic changes?

Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:57:41 PM

I'm pretty sure that digital currency will replace paper money in near future, but we don't have that suitable coins right now. To replace paper money, a coins must have these followings feature:
1. Scalability
2. Big number of coins and can adjusted for inflation (maybe)
3. Untraceable (you don't want the shopkeeper to know all of your wealth just by checking on the blockchain)
4. Fast blocks (a little bit hard to make without having to find block every seconds).

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
mehcat11

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:01:47 PM

Nowadays, bitcoin has slow adoption of the digital currency because not everyone can use that. There are some countries that do not legalize the use of bitcoin. I don't think that digital currency will ever replace paper money. If you say that digital currency can be an alternative currency, i agree with that. I agree that digital currency like bitcoin will have an influence on the fiat currency systems of the world.
d4z

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:07:12 PM

I think for the majority of people in the far future there will a practically full replacement of paper money. I do still think paper money will still exist though
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: