Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:35:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will digital currency ever replace paper money?
Yes - 206 (51.6%)
No - 193 (48.4%)
Total Voters: 399

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think digital currency will ever replace paper money?  (Read 11172 times)
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:35:57 AM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

What do you guys think? Wink

I think digital currency will never replace paper money, because how about other people who can't operate and not dependent in the new technology? Me, myself I'm not used to an ATM card and machine. So, how can we survive without paper money? And how about the sari-sari store business, it's not going to be easy for them to use the digital currency.
Developed country will have the higher chance for digital money to replace paper money as the infrastructure can support it. Maybe it's a bit hard at first but you'll get used to it as time goes on.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lepricoin

Activity: 673
Merit: 112

umachit.fund

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:50:41 AM

I think it depends of the country, because many countries have already almost abandoned paper money) it will take more time

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:56:59 AM

I think it depends of the country, because many countries have already almost abandoned paper money) it will take more time
Even they 'almost' abandoned their paper money then it is still an impossible thing to believe that they will completely abandon their paper money and just use cryptocurrency because if they can't manage to use their paper money then how much more if they will use cryptocurrency and also a cryptocurrency cannot support their country alone because their economy will not become stable and they might experience a huge significant loss in their income because of the volatility.
rcoins0720

Activity: 253

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:00:30 PM

nope..
digital currency is easy to scam or stole and another paper money needs to circulate in order to know the growing economy of certain country Smiley
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:05:55 PM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

Do you include digital fiat money (like USD) under digital currencies? Because I do think we are heading towards a cashless society. I very rarely use cash myself. Countries like Sweden have already made quite a lot of progress on that front.

But many bitcoiners also believe that BTC and other cryptocurrencies will replace fiat money. I have a hard time believing that. As long as governments exist, they will demand that their fiat money be accepted.

I disagree with bitcoin replacing cash anytime soon. It may be possible in the future but in the next 20-30 years? I doubt it. Due to bitcoin's nature being available through the internet, we must consider that there are countries who do not have any access to it. Take for example, developing countries need to focus first on problems regarding their economic status, rather than prioritizing internet access across their country. If this ever happened, there will be turmoil across the globe and developing countries' economy will crash, resulting to the rich becoming richer and the poor becoming poorer.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Lhiedek05

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:25:19 PM

im my perspective i think digital currency wont replace paper money even bitcoin will be more popular and other cypro, it will not replace the traditional way and method of payment of each in every country in the world. It can be another method of paying bills, loan and salary but paper money can withstand to the out growing users of digital currency. But if there will be a win to win process of regulatory system that mankind invention maybe there will be a chance that digital currency will replace paper money. but right now paper money is still leading.
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:32:40 PM

No, digital currency cannot replace paper money because some people don't know what digital currency is. Aside from that paper money is still convenient to use than digital currency. Bitcoin is one of a digital currency and because of its high value and I think its not preferable to use it if you're just buying a stuff that worth small amount.
datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:47:29 PM

I think it's very possible digital currency will replace paper money because it's easy to track (except cryptocurrency) to analyst where the money flow, it's very helpfull to fight against corruption.
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:16:57 PM

Both possibilities can exist as, there is one possibility that Bitcoin overpasses paper currency in terms of trade and usage and eventually paper currencies become useless or there is also a possibility that Bitcoin could be declared illegal by all he countries as they could see as a threat to their finical and economic conditions. So, it becames hard to predict such stuff.
Xervo

Activity: 170

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:55:01 PM

I think that in due course this will happen in any case, since it is fast, convenient, safe, and, if necessary, anonymously. However, as soon as this happens - is not known. In recent decades, humanity has gone far ahead, but not all people follow this development. I know a lot of people who do not own a computer and do not have a smartphone, the more they do not use bank cards, dealing only with cash payments. And they do not want to go ahead of the electronic world. While such people are among us, paper money will not disappear.
DewiKirana

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 07:09:50 PM

I do not think the digital currency will completely replace the role of paper money. Digital currency is just a tool to facilitate transactions more quickly, but it will not replace the banknote completely.
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:14:37 PM

Paper money system is too expensive ...

Patent1number: ****-****
Gauravbhargava

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:27:49 AM

I don't think bitcoin could replace the paper money since it is the old way of payment. Meaning we could not remove the old way of transaction because we have more expertise upon it. Even though we are now exposed in technology the old way of payment is more dominat than new.
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:45:09 AM

I don't think bitcoin could replace the paper money since it is the old way of payment. Meaning we could not remove the old way of transaction because we have more expertise upon it. Even though we are now exposed in technology the old way of payment is more dominat than new.
yes exactly even we are in a high technology era the old version on how we pay like we are using paper money to spend are hard to replace as of now but i dont think if this could be happen after 20 years and above maybe it will for my speculations only if this currency will last.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:09:09 PM

I think it could happen, digital money has many roles in this very modern world. especially now people are very often make purchases of goods online. sooner or later I'm sure the digital currency can take over the whole world
bitcoinorcash

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:17:33 PM

I think there is a possibility for it because we know that the materials that are needed to create paper money is already limited and we still need some kind of currency for us to be able to buy things.The technology is also advancing and digital currency is one of its product so I think it will still be possible but it could really take up some time for it to be used.
bitcoinvamp

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:19:44 PM

i don't think that digital currency will replace paper currency completely . nowadays people of young generation from 20 yr old to 40 yr are preffering digital currency but that doesn't mean that paper currency will loose its importance and will be replaced by digital one.
Senswh

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:30:43 PM

Wow you say it like a paper. lol
I'm not sure paper currency will lose with digital currency.paper currency has been around since my parents were born and it has been legally used for centuries. Paper Currency also has a good and structural system in the world, so of course I will choose paper currency
Raju Ahammed

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 02:06:53 PM

No...
I think it will not become paper money.Because now days many country uses mobile or oonline pay systems.

|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:08:20 PM

Digital currencies are already replacing paper money because they are for more superior. Paper money is for dinosaurs and because of technology and the internet things change quickly, so you either adapt or cease to exist.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: