Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 11:26:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto  (Read 149741 times)
greentekel

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:00:21 PM

Have anyone been able to get CPU mining going in Windows?
Which miner and config did you use?

Claymore which is linked at pools dont work with Iridium.
Also tried a couple others.

yes, they work in windows, minerd should work but the best is xmr-stak-cpu but be careful not to
download something with a trojan in it and read the instructions when configuring.

Could you share your config? I found it hard to config this miner.

the only thing I modified in the config file was the cpu threads (I have a 8 core/16 thread ryzen so for a quad core you only use 0,2,4,6)

"cpu_threads_conf" :
[
 { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
 { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 2 },
 { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 4 },
 { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 6 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 8 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 10 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 12 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 14 },

],

and the pool address and my wallet address with the ports (they are lower in the file).

Password remains x, so everything else remains the same.

For increased hashes you will have to follow the instructions in the file regarding  LARGE PAGE SUPPORT . Be careful when adding the users in the dialog box - you have to pick them from the list
(there is a button there. I placed there "administrators" and "everybody" because it didn't work with just my normal user). After that when you start xmr-stack-cpu.exe run it "as administrator"
and it will take advantage of the large pages.

Thank you. For some reason i did not have xmr-stack-cpu.exe but as a cbp. Tried changing that to a .exe but that kinda failed Tongue

here is it
https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-cpu/releases
iridiumdev (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 12:10:43 PM

I just wrote a French post about IRIDIUM here : http://lemondecrypto.com/iridium-ird-opportunite-a-miner/

Thanks! Glad to see that people are spreading the word! Smiley
hmfundInD

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:11:18 PM

Currently, solo mining using 6 threads. Is it worth it? In the daemon, what are the units of measurement of the hashrate that the daemon displays after the "show_hr" command? Finally, is the number displayed the hashrate of one thread or the sum of all the threads?
unstreet

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:56:01 PM

Currently, solo mining using 6 threads. Is it worth it? In the daemon, what are the units of measurement of the hashrate that the daemon displays after the "show_hr" command? Finally, is the number displayed the hashrate of one thread or the sum of all the threads?
impossible to solve block solo mine now. join pool.
Windozxpert

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:06:34 PM

impossible to solve block solo mine now. join pool.

Agreed, join a pool. The units of measurement are hashes per second (h/sec), kilohashes per second (kh/sec), megahashes per second (Mh/sec, Gigahashes per second(Gh/s), Terahashes per second (Th/s), Petahashes per second (Ph/sec) etc..etc..

With this algo, you'll be doing well if you can get a couple kh/s. Don't expect anything higher.

There's no I in team, but there is a "Me" if you jumble it up. ~ House, M.D.
hualei_hb

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:39:07 PM

welcome join our pool,happy mining!

http://ird.globalpool.cc 0%fee

Nvidia card guide:
1、download ccminer(https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases)
2、create .bat file,Example:
ccminer-x64.exe -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://111.231.72.116:2435 -u YourWalletAddress -p x
3、run .bat

Amd card miner:
Claymore CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.7 Beta - POOL Catalyst 15.12
https://mega.nz/#F!e4JVEAIJ!l1iF4z10fMyJzY5-LnyC2A

[/quote]

Claymore Miner(AMD Card):

edit your config.txt
      -o stratum+tcp://111.231.72.116:2435
      -u YourAddress
      -p x
      -allpools 1
    run NsGpuCNMiner.exe
Emou

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:21:45 PM

Mind blowing  Shocked

https://i.imgur.com/OKbsV9U.png

https://i.imgur.com/Bfefw8H.png
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 07:33:51 PM

Mind blowing  Shocked

Yeah not really, nethashrate calculation is tad wacky, it's probably not calculated right.

fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 08:25:59 PM

There are lot of miners coming and difficulty has increased so much, which is good and bad both :-)

selling sushistake.com, send offers
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:33:49 PM

There are lot of miners coming and difficulty has increased so much, which is good and bad both :-)

As long as the increase is due to new and different miners and not just the result of a couple people adding more rigs, you are correct it is good. What is bad is just a handful of people thinking it is better to get all the coins to themselves rather than distributing them to a larger audience. The only thing that will make the coin successful in the long run is a wide distribution.
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 08:42:51 PM

As long as the increase is due to new and different miners and not just the result of a couple people adding more rigs, you are correct it is good. What is bad is just a handful of people thinking it is better to get all the coins to themselves rather than distributing them to a larger audience. The only thing that will make the coin successful in the long run is a wide distribution.

I agree, but may be fee pulled up hash from nicehash for quick coins, adoption and distribution should increase more which will be benefit all.

selling sushistake.com, send offers
jbmustaq

Activity: 445

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:57:53 PM

Dev,

Just want to applaud your effort in working on this project. People can be negative but the result of effort can be seen.
mine77

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:21:29 PM

Yeah not really, nethashrate calculation is tad wacky, it's probably not calculated right.
One could say that it is wacky by design. The network hash rate displayed by the pools is not a point of time measurement of actual hash rate -- it is inferred from the difficulty of the most recent block. CryptoNote computes the difficulty target based on the solve times of the most recent 493 blocks from the last 24 hours.

When a significant amount of hash rate is getting added or removed, it is intentional that the block difficulty doesn't snap up to reflect it immediately... meaning it also won't show up immediately on the pools' Network Hash Rate estimate.
max2000irc

Activity: 527
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:16:26 AM

Hi ,

Can someone explain how the block rewards are calculated?

THanks
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:32:55 AM

It's just greed. Almost every single coin (and probably every asset on earth) has to suffer from greedy people. "Wide distribution" is a natural impossibility I guess. High concentration of ownership in just a few hands sounds more like human being...
pinball_wizard

Activity: 702
Merit: 102

I am the Kung Fury...

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:43:54 AM

It's bad to accumulate that hashrate is going up...but also a signal that coin is getting attention....hope for a bright iridium future!

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Alexey Sukharev

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:50:58 AM

Added some Russian translation on http://miningclub.info/threads/iridium-cryptonight-algo-pow-bez-premajna.18383/
Windozxpert

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:43:02 AM

It's just greed. Almost every single coin (and probably every asset on earth) has to suffer from greedy people. "Wide distribution" is a natural impossibility I guess. High concentration of ownership in just a few hands sounds more like human being...

Indeed. I have always been amazed at what people would do for money. It's pathetic.

garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 09:49:20 AM

Indeed. I have always been amazed at what people would do for money. It's pathetic.
Like go to work everyday for 40 years to earn less than you spend so you can retire with 40% of your salary?

Windozxpert

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:56:53 AM

Like go to work everyday for 40 years to earn less than you spend so you can retire with 40% of your salary?

Exactly. It's the American dream, baby!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: