Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:14:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto  (Read 149733 times)
mrbard

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:05:11 AM

Hi, I'm following IRD since a while now and have mined some.

I totally agree with "others" for having a strong preparation before entering market.

I do not want to make fun of the website as I truly appreciate the work and know how hard and time eater it is (I'm a multi-dev too) but I really really dislike the look, graphism and logo.

As I'm not graphic designer too, I ask if there are some in the audience to make propositions, may be rewarded for this and the webdev too, some coins make contest to do this.

As suggestion and because IRD is low supplied, why not make it look "precious", "rare", metal jewel, have a look at veritable iridium picture : it looks and is a rare metal... It is also used to stabilise the "standards" platinium meters and Kilogram : they both are Pt+Ir, so Iridium make elements "more" stable...
This are just some brainstormed ideas and I suggest everybody to post them as there are no stupid ideas.

I also notice there are only 2 pools left. Because I think we need more pools for stability, I'm almost ready to start another one, beta first and if everything is ok, as prod, with hardware evolution possibility. I'm already running a node and tests. I will start with my own server first to see loads, bandwidth and... bugs ! It will be located in France. As I do not want to concurrent others pools and also want to donate to the dev (very sorry for your lost) as discuted before so I will start with fee and dev donations and encourage the others to do it so.

Have a nice day and impatient to read your answers !

Very good input regarding the website! You make very good points. I really like the idea.
Let's see what the community thinks.
By show of vote, who would like to see the site changed to what stevebrush mentioned and who would like it to remain the same? (The site is not 100% completed. There will be more features added to it. We are talking about the style in general)

I absolutely agree with stevebrush, and i have been ranting about the same thing a couple of posts ago. We have a RARE and fair coin and we should reflect that. You got my vote to change the site to what stevebrush suggested

Who made the iri.cash site?
I was making the iridum.cc site before it went down, it had a design that reflected the rest of the design profile I made along with the logo.
This new .cash site looks awful, even the logo text is hacked.

borderline

Activity: 798
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:29:50 AM

this coins seems dead

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Airdrop to BTC holders
pinball_wizard

Activity: 702
Merit: 102

I am the Kung Fury...

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:46:51 AM

this coins seems dead

Read back...dev's father is dead...he will come back as soon as he solves personal issues....

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
DIMESECO

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:19:56 AM

selling 1,400 IRD for 355 satoshi each
on interst please pm

= 0.00497000 BTC
= 0.08308250 ETH
= 0.10804333 ZEC
divedaucd

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:46:15 AM

any news about dev, and any plan for this coin in future, hope dev be stronger after his problem, dev live coin live.
canonical

Activity: 136

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:45:56 PM

I totally agree with "others" for having a strong preparation before entering market.

I do not want to make fun of the website as I truly appreciate the work and know how hard and time eater it is (I'm a multi-dev too) but I really really dislike the look, graphism and logo.

As I'm not graphic designer too, I ask if there are some in the audience to make propositions, may be rewarded for this and the webdev too, some coins make contest to do this.

As suggestion and because IRD is low supplied, why not make it look "precious", "rare", metal jewel, have a look at veritable iridium picture : it looks and is a rare metal... It is also used to stabilise the "standards" platinium meters and Kilogram : they both are Pt+Ir, so Iridium make elements "more" stable...
This are just some brainstormed ideas and I suggest everybody to post them as there are no stupid ideas.

I also notice there are only 2 pools left. Because I think we need more pools for stability, I'm almost ready to start another one, beta first and if everything is ok, as prod, with hardware evolution possibility. I'm already running a node and tests. I will start with my own server first to see loads, bandwidth and... bugs ! It will be located in France. As I do not want to concurrent others pools and also want to donate to the dev (very sorry for your lost) as discuted before so I will start with fee and dev donations and encourage the others to do it so.

Very good input regarding the website! You make very good points. I really like the idea.
By show of vote, who would like to see the site changed to what stevebrush mentioned and who would like it to remain the same? (The site is not 100% completed. There will be more features added to it. We are talking about the style in general)

I absolutely agree with stevebrush, and i have been ranting about the same thing a couple of posts ago. We have a RARE and fair coin and we should reflect that. You got my vote to change the site to what stevebrush suggested

I was making the iridum.cc site before it went down, it had a design that reflected the rest of the design profile I made along with the logo.

I've followed this project from the start. Been away for a while but back again now.

Sincere apologies to whoever has been making ird.cash but I agree with mrbard; it's not great and it's an inevitable result when making a site from a generic template builder like SitePad. I've lost track on the progress of the website (way way back I offered to help out also) and I remember when the problem with the chargeback on the iridium.cc domain which threw a spanner in the works. I did think mrbard was still the one working on it though, so, I'm definitely out of the loop.

The logo is fine. Simple shapes with distinct colours.
Windozxpert

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:12:51 PM

I've followed this project from the start. Been away for a while but back again now.

Sincere apologies to whoever has been making ird.cash but I agree with mrbard; it's not great and it's an inevitable result when making a site from a generic template builder like SitePad. I've lost track on the progress of the website (way way back I offered to help out also) and I remember when the problem with the chargeback on the iridium.cc domain which threw a spanner in the works. I did think mrbard was still the one working on it though, so, I'm definitely out of the loop.

LoL.. I agree with you guys. I hated that template generator. It was awful and I apologize it looks so shitty. It took me 4 hours to just get that setup and I was in a hurry. If anyone would like to help with the site, PM me on the Slack channel and I'll get back with you. I want this site to be something all of us can be proud of. For that, we will need to work together. 

There's no I in team, but there is a "Me" if you jumble it up. ~ House, M.D.
itslukebenz

Activity: 105

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:22:48 PM

As mentioned earlier the coin's main advantage is its low supply. However, the disadvantage of this is that there's absolutely no time to waste. Most of the coins get distributed in the first year as the emission plan suggests and later on there will be too little left to motivate new people and more importantly new miners to join the project. I know there's nothing you ca do about that at the moment but until dev's away the community should at least look into this webdesign and branding matter asap. And as I can see right now there's no one answering questions or taking offers made by people on the Discord group.
itslukebenz

Activity: 105

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:25:13 PM

LoL.. I agree with you guys. I hated that template generator. It was awful and I apologize it looks so shitty. It took me 4 hours to just get that setup and I was in a hurry. If anyone would like to help with the site, PM me on the Slack channel and I'll get back with you. I want this site to be something all of us can be proud of. For that, we will need to work together. 

Oh here you are  Cheesy So you guys are more active on Slack then, not on Discord right?
Windozxpert

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:26:16 PM

Oh here you are  Cheesy So you guys are more active on Slack then, not on Discord right?

Aye. In General chat.

And I thought the logo needed something. So I added some 3d effects. ;-P I'm obviously not the artist in the family

canonical

Activity: 136

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:51:28 PM

I suggest if mrbard was working on it before the iridium.cc roadblock, let mrbard keep going with what they were doing. I offered to help early on but wasn't taken up on the offer, but if mrbard is designing I can help with dev.
hmfundInD

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:05:04 PM

official subreddit
reddit.com/r/Iridium_IRD
Attractor

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:44:16 PM

WTF on mine77.net ?
Pool hashrate more than net hashrate O_o
karmanon

Activity: 131

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:15:33 PM

It's low difficulty right now. Time to turn rigs on)
I believe in this project)
stevebrush

Activity: 361
Merit: 11

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 03:36:30 PM

Hi pool devs,

I started a new pool (now private for test/debugs), I see in daemon log 2 invalids blocks :

17762d0d66addd23ae1ab6531ea59f9f3024190fa20b9da95829fce8ef56c0de is not valid. Reason: Transaction uses spent key image
afcface457afa5f796f52d6a332e753a5d94818e828d5c20f79445ebb30fddac is not valid. Reason: Transaction uses spent key image

Is it the same for you ?

suports

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:48:54 PM

I think dev abandoned the coin. Shouldn't be such a long absence. But if it is not a long time, then he spit on his creation  Huh
hmfundInD

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:59:07 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 12:23:13 AM by hmfundInD

I think dev abandoned the coin. Shouldn't be such a long absence. But if it is not a long time, then he spit on his creation  Huh

its been less than a week , and its because the devs father passed away. if that reason isn't good enough for then you should move on to something you like better. A community driven project means that the project is independent of a sole developer.  Meantime, we have dedicated members working behind the scenes on iridium, working with exchanges., and we have a new pool. thx stevebrush!
nidzapb

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:56:14 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2017, 08:42:12 PM by nidzapb

I've already found several times developer dies father
and no longer answers ..
I hope this time is not like that .. though it all looks like a scam ..
developer took donations to exchange coins on yobit ..
I hope this time I think wrong
Windozxpert

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:01:49 PM

The development of this coin will continue to go as planned. It is not dead. The dev has not abandoned it. Continue to mine while the difficulty is low and continue to think about ways that you can help with the development. This is a community built coin, after all and we are open to any and all suggestions and/or offers of help. This coin will only go as far as the community wants it to. We are laying the groundwork.

nidzapb

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:12:33 PM

The development of this coin will continue to go as planned. It is not dead. The dev has not abandoned it. Continue to mine while the difficulty is low and continue to think about ways that you can help with the development. This is a community built coin, after all and we are open to any and all suggestions and/or offers of help. This coin will only go as far as the community wants it to. We are laying the groundwork.

Smiley
Of course I support this coin. I appreciate your work.
but it would be helpful for a dev to address some short conversation, when it continues to work, when iridium will go to yoBit ...
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: