Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:38:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: RentalStarter - A Midwest Real Estate Investment Company  (Read 120179 times)
Branny (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:10:05 AM

To move a mobile home is much more involved than just hooking it up to a truck. Almost every park in our state requires you remove axels and attach it to the ground by some semi-permanent method. The cost to move a mobile home around here is about $1500 to $2000 if you're only moving it say 25mi.

It's also technically possible to move non-detached housing (Traditional houses) through the use of a company that moves houses. We've looked into it because once in a great while you find someone selling salvage rights to a house. This means you get the house but not the land. Typically it means that people go in and rip out anything valuable, then pay a company to tear the house down. Instead I have looked at hiring a company to split the house in sections, transport it to a new location and re-build it. The cost estimates I got were in the ~$20,000 range. It might sound like much, but you can buy salvage rights for less than $10,000 for a VERY nice house.

So, imagine this :

$10,000 salvage rights for a upscale house that is being turned into a parking lot.
$20,000 to move the house to a new location
$10,000 for utilities & foundation that matches your moved house
$10,000 for a nice house lot.

Total cost - $50,000

Now, if you could move a nice, well-built house that has history to a equally historical area, you could very well have a FMV of $150,000 to $200,000 which incurs a profit of $100,000-$150,000.

Granted this has nothing to do what you were talking about Wink

Touche Branny I tip my hat to you that was well played sir.

Your right it is possible to move a house split it into four and be able to make a significant profit if you move it to the right location
Salvage rights do come in handy
Example Shale Gas is found in X
You then buy a cheap upscale house and buy a lot and move the house there and make a large profit as more people look for houses in that area, I explained a resource play but it works with housing as well.

And there's nothing preventing us from getting into resource rights either in Ohio (Timber and gas are HUGE). I've got a couple of timber cruisers I can tap, and do have a few good oil/gas guys i'm in contact with as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
floatyfish

Activity: 373

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:19:25 PM

And there's nothing preventing us from getting into resource rights either in Ohio (Timber and gas are HUGE). I've got a couple of timber cruisers I can tap, and do have a few good oil/gas guys i'm in contact with as well.

I know we're getting further off the topic of housing and onto resource extraction and mineral rights, but now that you mentioned them I'm curious as to what the options for oil/gas would be. I know that DZ held a group buy on the forum that allowed accredited investors (aka people with really large amounts of BTC) to invest in an oil/gas company's fracking wells. Would there be even a remote possibility of something like that happening, but for those of us who are not accredited? I know the Marcellus Shale Formation extends from mid-Pennsylvania into Ohio, and with the winter being this cold  and the price of nat gas spiking (well, returning to prices seen in the earlier 2000's  Roll Eyes), wells that weren't really economically viable before might start becoming viable again.

PS buying some more IPO shares to give you more cashflow for houses/resources/beanie babies/whatever.

If you feel like donating: 1NtgJf4znCsA5GJDCbqtowHL2143WyqLkC
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:13:22 PM

I know we're getting further off the topic of housing and onto resource extraction and mineral rights, but now that you mentioned them I'm curious as to what the options for oil/gas would be. I know that DZ held a group buy on the forum that allowed accredited investors (aka people with really large amounts of BTC) to invest in an oil/gas company's fracking wells. Would there be even a remote possibility of something like that happening, but for those of us who are not accredited? I know the Marcellus Shale Formation extends from mid-Pennsylvania into Ohio, and with the winter being this cold  and the price of nat gas spiking (well, returning to prices seen in the earlier 2000's  Roll Eyes), wells that weren't really economically viable before might start becoming viable again.

PS buying some more IPO shares to give you more cashflow for houses/resources/beanie babies/whatever.
me too paycheck to paycheck   Roll Eyes

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Branny (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:24:47 PM

I know we're getting further off the topic of housing and onto resource extraction and mineral rights, but now that you mentioned them I'm curious as to what the options for oil/gas would be. I know that DZ held a group buy on the forum that allowed accredited investors (aka people with really large amounts of BTC) to invest in an oil/gas company's fracking wells. Would there be even a remote possibility of something like that happening, but for those of us who are not accredited? I know the Marcellus Shale Formation extends from mid-Pennsylvania into Ohio, and with the winter being this cold  and the price of nat gas spiking (well, returning to prices seen in the earlier 2000's  Roll Eyes), wells that weren't really economically viable before might start becoming viable again.

The shale formation is right about where we are located (At worst, one county away). Fracking is a HUGE thing here, and I know of locals who have become rich overnight due to granting fracking rights on their properties to mid-sized oil companies.

Oil & mineral is definitely on the menu in a few years, however I would prefer to look at farming and timber rights before. I've sat down with a local farmer going over some numbers to confirm whether one of my strategies would work and he agreed wholeheartedly.

Farmers hate the idea of mixed use/subdividing land. There are quite a few properties I've found that have say 100 or 200 acres, but also have a nice big house (Or multiple houses) on the lot.

For instance...

2 relatively nice houses on one lot, said lot is 120 acres with 20ac of woods, the rest being tillable. Purchase price on the property is $650k.

Well, right off the bat, it's pretty well known that 100ac of tillable land is EASILY worth $400k as long as it's not flood plains. So, then you need to start considering the property. Farmers won't even consider it because it's 'too much work' to deal with the houses, I've actually seen farmers tear down brand new homes on properties just to recover an extra acre or two of land.

So, in the above situation you valuate the houses. House A is worth $100k and house B is worth over $200k with 10ac of land.

So you subdivide the property in 3 parcels - 100ac for farmland & access, house A with say 3 acres, house B with 17 acres. Sell house A & B and get $300k out of them, leaving you with 100ac of farmland at an expense of $300k. Even marginal farmland is worth $400k, so you do some digging and figure out if you can sell say 30ac off to an adjoining farmer for $6k/ac (Or you could sell off frack rights for $1k/ac). You would end up with $6k*30ac = $180k from said lot, which pushes your total cost on the remaining 70ac down to just $170k for 70ac of good farmland. Good farmland will cash rent for $250/ac per year which ends up at $17.5k/ac, or a little over a 10% return, no taxes or insurance are figured in because they're non-factors for farmland. Not a ton of work in the project, but you end up with good farmland for as long as you want. Farmland is always a good thing to have as it hedges real estate bubbles pretty well.

This exact scenario also plays out for timber rights, with the property being HEAVILY loaded on the front end for a one-time timber right cashout. Timber takes 20-30 years for the good stuff and 5-10 years for the cheaper woods. 100ac of quality oak could bring in easily $500,000 in profit in just one month, and i've seen *some* cases where said land only sold for $200k or less, or an instant-profit of $300k for a few months of work. Then you could take the land and either replant for another harvest in the future, or sell off rural acres for recreation.
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:30:49 PM

I'd keep eyes on the housing / rent that you've been wisely doing.  The other stuff has the potential for larger profits but also has some risk.  What if the farmer next door doesn't want it?  What if the zoning doesn't want to change?  At least right now anyway, you are buying properties that are already making money and don't have to rely on a sale to get money out of them. 

As to Fracking...  I think if you were able (Down the road) to purchase a bunch of houses in a certain area you would be able to vote in the fracking and could mandatory pool in stragglers.  You would reap the profits from the Fracking being on your land and also be able to collect the rent from the renters.  A double win.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
Branny (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:52:48 PM

All the oil/gas stuff is gonna be pretty far off to actively go after.

Unless they run another national pipeline through the county (There are 2 already, and 2 more planned). Then you just start collecting checks without doing much Smiley
lemfuture

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:00:41 PM

can someone make a good signature design for rental starter pls?

Branny (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:03:24 AM

Signature design?
QuanSushi

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:39:14 AM

I guess he means these little things people paste into their signature:

User
Text text text
text text.

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:03:49 PM

User
Text text text
text text.

I rarely post outside of this specific bitcointalk thread. Won't be too useful.
lemfuture

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:13:03 PM

User
Text text text
text text.

oh i thought a lil more exposure would help gather more potential investors

Branny (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:54:09 PM

User
Text text text
text text.

oh i thought a lil more exposure would help gather more potential investors

I'm not worried about it too much, if we truly felt the need to market it I'd start buying ads on this forum and expose the asset to the 1 million users on this website.
Adeally

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 06:36:32 PM

Signature design?

This guy has some pretty cool bb-code sig designing skills:
Sure, signatures design is only recommended for Hero & Senior Members.

I meant I'm available for anything else. Regular graphic design without BB-Code.  Wink
Branny (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:50:24 PM

I could do the same thing, but like I said, 90% of my posts are here. If you guys want to get RentalStarter signatures done, that's fine by me Smiley I just don't see the point in me having it done.
miketonic

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:57:23 PM

Count me in  Cheesy Made my first purchases yesterday, it's exciting to see how this plays out Smiley Looks promising.
Branny (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:44:16 PM

Count me in  Cheesy Made my first purchases yesterday, it's exciting to see how this plays out Smiley Looks promising.

I think we'll do pretty good, we were able to utilize equity pretty quick on the first ~150btc that was invested. Dividend will double (or should) on this next disbursement.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:58:16 PM

I think we'll do pretty good, we were able to utilize equity pretty quick on the first ~150btc that was invested. Dividend will double (or should) on this next disbursement.

Good to know that previous holders assets are not just being diluted.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Branny (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:03:43 PM

Good to know that previous holders assets are not just being diluted.

90%+ of all new capital coming in goes directly to new properties, so there really isn't dilution when we issue more shares. The only loss to investors (theoretically) is loss of liquidity due to new share issues.
Neo.op

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 10:19:05 AM

This is something interesting, I have some questions:
a. How do you hedge the currency risk? With rentals being denominated in USD, the actual dividend pay out will be depended upon the actual conversion rates.
b. Following from above, how do you decide on rates while paying the dividends? Will it be the actual market rates on 15th?

LYR▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▄▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▄▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▄███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀███▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓██████▄▄▄▄▄██████
▓▓▓██████████████████
▓▓███████████████████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
 ██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
LYRA  Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain
══════════════════════[ Main Features ]══════════════════════
Customizable tokens ███NFT███ DeFi███ DEX███ Revenue share
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:50:06 PM

I am considering to invest some more in this but I can't seem to find a liquidation clause in the documents provided.

I hope I'm not getting this right, but as it stands, if the company decides to close up shop, 70% of all the assets will go to the issuer.

Can you elaborate on this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: