Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:48:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: RentalStarter - A Midwest Real Estate Investment Company  (Read 120177 times)
Branny (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:50:47 PM

On cell, can't get links. County takes 6-12 months to update the property database. Its just about impossible to search by owner unless you know 2-3 owners back. I've sent out parcel ID lists before, guess its time to do it again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 09:10:37 PM

On cell, can't get links. County takes 6-12 months to update the property database. Its just about impossible to search by owner unless you know 2-3 owners back. I've sent out parcel ID lists before, guess its time to do it again.

See was not hard for him to clear things up. Sounds about right for the ass backwards system they have set up.

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:08:14 PM

I consider Branny to be one of the most trustworthy operators in cryptoworld, and trustworthy in general (the more important part). Not to worried about this turning scam, we all know where he lives Wink
Branny (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:55:21 AM

you guys do know he is holding some of these properties in his own name right? So if anything happens tenent sues he loses the property, RULE #1 in real estate investing protect your ASSets. I got a message and a payment from a noob to do some digging so more info to come. Might take a while the county this security operates in must be bumfuck egypt there records systems sucks donkey balls and I am having to do everything by runner.

Guess paintball equipment sales is high on the list as well
   FURY PAINTBALL SUPPLY, LTD.   04/24/2003  Changed name to YOUR NEW HOME LLC.  Status ACTIVE:

Bigger pockets link
http://www.biggerpockets.com/users/schockergd

I currently hold two rental properties. One is in the final stages of being rehabbed and the other is done, waiting to be filled by a tenant.

I just applied for a refinance mortgage for the two properties and was denied due to having insufficient income to support the loan.

Personal income is ~$40k/yr <---------- This is low for a decent real estate agent
Rental income on these two will be $1675/mo
A good deal of cash reserves

FICO ~640

ARV of both properties is ~$160k , looking for $100k in refinance (62.5% LTV).

I'm waiting on the 'official' denial letter but did get a call from the branch manager stating that I was denied. I'll be looking at what all is on my credit report and if there's some loan/property in my name I'm not aware about, as I should have very, very little tied to my name in terms of monthly expenses/loans.

This is means he is holding properties in his own name using his own credit profile. You decide how you feel about that.
He could not obtain financing on his personal credit thus turned to the bitcoin community, nothing wrong with that. But checking his post on Bigger Pockets looks like he had failed at every other type of fund raising he had tried.

Property bought or sold between 6/1/13 and 7/10/14
Having problems finding any of the properties he has listed

Search of street name "logan" with no hits on his company or name.
http://pickaway.iviewauditor.com/Results.aspx?SearchType=Address&Criteria1=&Criteria2=&Criteria3=logan

We've been over this at least once (More likely twice in the thread). None of the properties are held in my name, they're all under the LLC's umbrella. W. Mill and E. Mill both had to be purchased in my name as a investor rather than the company. On the totem pole of purchaster types, investing entities are the lowest (NPO>Owner-Occ>Private investor>corporate investor). The properties were quit-claimed back I think in March I think since I was able to pay one filing fee, one title search and have both properties transfered to the LLC for the same fee.

At one time, aged entities (LLCs and S-Corps) were worth a mint due to automatic commercial underwriting giving aged entities priority. Back in '06-08 you could get almost an automatic $50k-$100k worth of financing if your business was old. It was so popular that entity brokers were selling 5-10 year old LLCs for $1,000-$2,000 with absolutely no history. I made the choice to pay the $50-$75 conversion fee to rename & reorient the company from my brother and I's old paintball LLC to the real estate related one. Because of this on bank documents the entity shows as a 13 year old one and not as a 5 or 1 year entity. If we ever get back to the situation where commercial loans are being automatically underwritten, it's going to be well worth it.

As I said above, all 8 properties are in the LLC name, the auditor's department has a very slow database when it comes to updating the public side. If you look at the actual addresses it shows the current updated tax biling address, the recorder also shows much more current data.

With regards to my personal income - The average US real estate agent makes $52k/yr. The average home sales price in the US is right around $200,000. Our town has a median sales price of $105,000. So, based on your assumption I really should be making only about $25k/yr. I have almost entirely phased out my real estate sales to pursue RS full time, so that certainly hasn't helped my personal income too much.

I find something alarming here, maybe branny can clear it up.

Why can I not find any of your properties listed in your name or your business name? When I pulled you background report is says you own 4 properties, something we should know about?

http://www.midohiorentalhomes.com/future-rentals/

Has some other guys sign out in the yard? and you are renting it out?

Edit: I was asked by the person who requested the report to stop until branny answers some questions.

The question that is killing me is who owns the properties? This is kinda a big issue as I myself own a 16 plex apartment building in the D.C area and know a bit about real estate investing. When I buy properties I put them in a trust, NEVER EVER EVER in my own name. 1 Lawsuit and all your properties and investors properties are gone, like lets say you get in a car accident the people sue you and now you lost all those properties to some ambulance chasing lawyer.

When we get our properties in-contract, I've been putting them up on our public website in order to build interest. Rentals are still in phenominal demand and I want to build our website and FB page's traffic. So far, only one of our propreties has been rented via 'traditional advertising (paper) and the rest were online. In the case of Walnut & E. Mill street, because of  the way I advertise we were paid in FULL for 1 month's rent and deposit 2 weeks before the properties were renovated. I'd much rather be in a position of getting early applicants than waiting 1, 2, 5 weeks after the rehab is done to find a renter.

Part of the reason I don't post the ownership information online is because one simple search relating to the US LLC will now show this thread and the screen names of the investors in this thread. Tenants could do it, laywers could do it in the case of a suit.

The thing about liability is that there *should* be multiple layers. In our case the first line of defense is insurance - We have a total of $12,000,000 worth of insurance on our properites all together. On top of this we are adding another $2,000,000-$5,000,000 umbrella policy to the LLC itself to build a second line of defense. The third line of defense is the fact that we're under a LLC, if we get sued *normally* the LLC is only sued and not the owners (me) since our operating agreement only shows the HK LTD as a minor stakeholder in the business. The 4th line would be me in a catastrophic event, 5th line would be the HK LTD. All of these layers of protection are to avoid any connection between a property sitting at XXXXX and you guys. If you TRULY want to start digging up the addresses and who lives there, my concern is that you're all opening yourself up to some liability.

As far a background report, i'm not sure what report you're talking about. My name is on 2 properties I purchased with my brother in 2007, I've been pretty clear about these in the past and even more so on our IRC channel. The other 2 might be E. Mill and W. Mill that were temporarily held in my name while they were quit-claimed over to the LLC because it saved us something like $5,000 on their purchase price.

I find something alarming here, maybe branny can clear it up.

Why can I not find any of your properties listed in your name or your business name? When I pulled you background report is says you own 4 properties, something we should know about?

What Branny owns is his affair.

Properties owned by his company are the business of his company, Investors can request information in the normal way.

Why are you asking it like this in such a public forum?  Most reasonable people would ask quietly and then maybe go public if there is an issue.  I feel comments like "I find something alarming here" imply you have an agenda.  

Are you an existing investor or someone trying to pick holes in something which is starting to be a success?

I think Branny is away for a few days so you will probably have to wait a while for an answer assuming he can be bothered to tell you.  In the other hand you could go and check the records directly in Circleville.

Andy

I am just doing what I got paid to do Smiley, I research and pull info.... SO I DID PULL THE CIRCLEVILLE RECORDS if you can read. Think this is kinda important info for him to address and might be of future interest to any investor.
I could have went about it in a way more disruptive way believe me. You should have just let him respond, its not your choice to decided the question I can or can not ask.  In so many words Andy I am telling you to eat a big bag of dicks  Wink if you could not tell. Let me do what the kind person paid me to do, ask questions and find out answers.

We own properties in 2 different towns in Ohio, both in different counties. Both counties run on the same outdated auditor system. The recorderer system is much more current, and if you couldn't find any properites in my name it means you only searched the Auditor's outdated system and didn't pull from Realist or the recorder's office in any county.

Additionally - MOST of the deeds/current auditor records/addresses/more in-depth information has been provided to the top shareholders of the company. I do my best to be extraordinarily clear with them via chat, skype and IRC, however since Google craws & caches this thread on a hourly basis, I try to avoid additional information on here.
Branny (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:06:16 AM

And just to confirm, I checked out all our parcel ID#s and out of the 5 we own in that  county, 0 show under the LLC's name in base data view (the public search).

4/5 show the correct LLC data for tax billing. The one that does not show correct tax billing does show a registered sale to our LLC but has not grabbed the tax data.

In the other county where we have 3 properties.

Out of these 3, 2 show correct tax billing AND base data. The 3rd property is Scioto #3 and we closed on it July the 3rd so it might take a little bit of time to display.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:34:28 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 02:46:44 AM by NotLambchop

Part of the reason I don't post the ownership information online is because one simple search relating to the US LLC will now show this thread and the screen names of the investors in this thread. Tenants could do it, laywers could do it in the case of a suit.

The thing about liability is that there *should* be multiple layers. In our case the first line of defense is insurance - We have a total of $12,000,000 worth of insurance on our properites all together. On top of this we are adding another $2,000,000-$5,000,000 umbrella policy to the LLC itself to build a second line of defense. The third line of defense is the fact that we're under a LLC, if we get sued *normally* the LLC is only sued and not the owners (me) since our operating agreement only shows the HK LTD as a minor stakeholder in the business.

"Minor stakeholder"?  
Your blurb on Havelock:

"Full Power Asia Investment LTD is a worldwide real estate investment firm. We currently manage and own a rental real estate operation in Central Ohio. We specialize in acquisition, rehab and cash flowing income producing real estate.

Here:
Full Power Asia Investment LTD is a real estate investment company which operates in Central Ohio. We specialize in acquisition, rehab and cash flowing real estate. We primarily specialize in distressed real estate acquisition.

But Full Power Asia Investment LTD* is a "minor stakeholder"?
What, exactly, do these--help me here, "units"?--represent?  Who owns the properties?  Full Power Asia Investment LTD or your brother's ex-paintball company, a US LLC?   Or?  Who issued the shares?  

All of these layers of protection are to avoid any connection between a property sitting at XXXXX and you guys.

How could your shareholders be possibly put in peril by having their aliases connected to one of your properties?  WTF are you suggesting?

*The importance of NotLambchop keeping a straight face while speaking the words "Full Power Asia Investment LTD." can not be overstressed!

Branny (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:39:56 AM

The thing about liability is that there *should* be multiple layers. In our case the first line of defense is insurance - We have a total of $12,000,000 worth of insurance on our properites all together. On top of this we are adding another $2,000,000-$5,000,000 umbrella policy to the LLC itself to build a second line of defense. The third line of defense is the fact that we're under a LLC, if we get sued *normally* the LLC is only sued and not the owners (me) since our operating agreement only shows the HK LTD as a minor stakeholder in the business.

"Minor stakeholder"? 
Your blurb on Havelock:
"Full Power Asia Investment LTD is a worldwide real estate investment firm. We currently manage and own a rental real estate operation in Central Ohio. We specialize in acquisition, rehab and cash flowing income producing real estate.

Here:
Full Power Asia Investment LTD is a real estate investment company which operates in Central Ohio. We specialize in acquisition, rehab and cash flowing real estate. We primarily specialize in distressed real estate acquisition.

What, exactly, do these--help me here, "units"?--represent?  Who owns the properties?  Full Power Asia Investment LTD or your brother's ex-paintball company, a US LLC?   Or?  Who issued the shares?   

All of these layers of protection are to avoid any connection between a property sitting at XXXXX and you guys.

How could your shareholders be possibly put in peril by having their aliases connected to one of your properties?  WTF are you suggesting?

It is set up as prescribed in the havelock listing agreement & business plan with the set ownership percentages as we disclosed in said agreement.

andyfletcher

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:45:21 AM

I am just doing what I got paid to do Smiley, I research and pull info.... SO I DID PULL THE CIRCLEVILLE RECORDS if you can read. Think this is kinda important info for him to address and might be of future interest to any investor.
I could have went about it in a way more disruptive way believe me. You should have just let him respond, its not your choice to decided the question I can or can not ask.  In so many words Andy I am telling you to eat a big bag of dicks  Wink if you could not tell. Let me do what the kind person paid me to do, ask questions and find out answers.

I think you are doing more than pulling records and doing research - you are also publicly trying to damage RentalStarter with unsubstantiated remarks as well as being extremely offensive with your remark about "eat a big bag of ...", totally unnecessary and unprofessional.  You obviously pulled the wrong records as I managed to find them without difficulty, maybe you should offer your client a refund.

I can make the following statement:

At UTC 04:15 this morning (20140713) I checked the five Rental Starter property IDs registered on the Pickaway County Auditor website and can confirm that they have clear title with the company Branny is using for the rentals. The process took me about 5 minutes and I've archived the screen shots. If anyone wants a GPG signed copy of this statement then they are welcome to contact me at andy@x31.com.

Andy
NotLambchop

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:50:24 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 01:20:59 PM by NotLambchop

Lol, "as prescribed"?  I see you've been to finishin' school!  

WTF are you talking about?
Your first "revision," as you obliquely call your whatever-it-is, makes no mention of either Full Power Asia Investment LTD or Rental Starter.

Your second "revision" introduces Rental Starter:

"RentalStarter is a Registered Hong Kong company who seeks to invest in rental real estate in the
Midwestern states in the USA."

...but makes no mention of Full Power Asia Investment LTD, which is only brought up in your third, teh lulziest, "revision," which absolutely demands a screencap:

OK Agent Branny, "For Your Eyes Only" "Top Seekrit" "Set on fire, Eat ashes, Shoot self in head if not intended recipient!!1!"

I remember walking down some railroad tracks that ran behind a mostly abandoned industrial park--old loading docks/warehouses, that sort of thing.  It was late fall, I was about 19, walking alone.  In one of the loading docks there was an old bum making out with a down syndrome girl of about 16 to 19, dressed in a pink puffy jacket.  The girl was, that is--the bum was dressed like pretty much all bums.  I stared because at first I didn't understand what I was looking at.  And just as my mind's attempt to shield me from the eww collapsed, they saw me!  Together, both at once!  God, how they GLARED.  Now, as I think back, I can almost hear them hiss.

Anyhow, only telling you this in case I walked in on something similar here.  Carnal, subhumanly dumb, revolting to see and most probably illegal.  But nevertheless private and, above all, CONSENSUAL.  
Am I close, Branny?
Is this sorta what's going on here?

@andyfletcher:  Not sure if people care enough about what andyfletcher thinks to bother with GPG, but heck, I know how much you enjoy playing with that--go ahead and sign!
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 09:53:16 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 10:27:18 AM by RiverBoatBTC

I could have went about it in a way more disruptive way believe me. You should have just let him respond, its not your choice to decided the question I can or can not ask.  In so many words Andy I am telling you to eat a big bag of dicks  Wink if you could not tell. Let me do what the kind person paid me to do, ask questions and find out answers.

I think you are doing more than pulling records and doing research - you are also publicly trying to damage RentalStarter with unsubstantiated remarks as well as being extremely offensive with your remark about "eat a big bag of ...", totally unnecessary and unprofessional.  You obviously pulled the wrong records as I managed to find them without difficulty, maybe you should offer your client a refund.

At UTC 04:15 this morning (20140713) I checked the five Rental Starter property IDs registered on the Pickaway County Auditor website and can confirm that they have clear title with the company Branny is using for the rentals. The process took me about 5 minutes and I've archived the screen shots. If anyone wants a GPG signed copy of this statement then they are welcome to contact me at andy@x31.com.

Andy

Hey andy.... Go eat a big bag of . I do not give 2 flying pig fucks what you can or can not do. The funny thing is you only did it after branny told you what the problem was Roll Eyes so stfu and mind your own business. You had pacel ID's thats a easy to find anything when you have a serial number lol

Thank you for you quick responses Branny.

jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:50:57 AM

^Lol, I'm not SELLING YOU anything.  And of course I know what his name is.  World's greatest band evar wrote a song about him, enjoy!

I am the one who can raise the hairs on the necks of innocent men
I come from Toledo, but now I live in Davenport
One of the quad cities, if you know where that is
I have a JOB to do, and I do it well
I have a job to do, and I do it well
I've been called Lucifer
I've been called Satan
But my name is Richard, and YOU can call me Dick

I've got a job to do
I work at the bank
I foreclose on delinquent loans
I am the one who can send shivers down the backs of innocent men
I have a job to do, and I do it well
Last week we took the farm of some deadbeat farmer
He killed off all of his cattle before we could auction them off
Let me tell you
That sort of thing really pisses me off

Well I've been called Lucifer
Yes, I've been called Satan
But my name is Richard, and you can call me Dick
I've got a job to do, and I do it well
All over this tri-state area

Also, welcome back to the threes!

source

BTC swung back to $630 and this asset has a USD-denominated balance sheet, so again, its just the dollar value of the shares staying constant.  Finance 101.
NotLambchop

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:32:46 PM

^Lol no.  Even the dollar value of your shares has sunk by ~20%.  "Way to fail finance 101 bro!"--James Joyce Cheesy
Branny (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:22:08 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 02:33:21 PM by Branny

Andy is one of the largest shareholders in the company.

At this point I will no longer answer any of notalambchops questions. If anyone or anything is pushing down the share price it's him.

If shareholders have concerns or questions I'm always more than happy to answer them. At this point though there's no reason to answer a guy who is never satisfied. I provided parcel ID#s to multiple investors last night and showed them how to find the non-base data on the auditor's website. So, they should be getting on today to provide further certification concerning that.
NotLambchop

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:34:13 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 03:04:52 PM by NotLambchop

No wonder he's so upset--perfectly nice people tend to get unpleasant while losing money.  How much did he lose thus far, if it's not impolite to ask?

@andyfletcher:  It's ok bro, it's only money.  Plz post how much you have "invested" in Branny, A.K.A. Rental Starter; Full Power Asia Investment LTD--I know you're a fan of openness and transparency.
*It will give you a chance to play with GPG, too!  

**<==Sale! 50% off 2nd IPO price!!1!
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:35:49 PM

Great job Branny !

OneSixtiethOfASecond

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:04:16 PM

Andy

I did the same checks as Andy last night on the Pickaway County website and verified the ownership records for all five properties.

If anyone wants to discuss, send me a PM.

I think Branny is doing a great job with RS and I plan to buy some more shares today in anticipation of a dividend this week.

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:28:39 PM

No wonder he's so upset--perfectly nice people tend to get unpleasant while losing money.  How much did he lose thus far, if it's not impolite to ask?

@andyfletcher:  It's ok bro, it's only money.  Plz post how much you have "invested" in Branny, A.K.A. Rental Starter; Full Power Asia Investment LTD--I know you're a fan of openness and transparency.
*It will give you a chance to play with GPG, too!  

**<==Sale! 50% off 2nd IPO price!!1!

^^ It is a steal of a price, RENT's networth is significantly more than their market cap right now. "Way to fail finance 101 bro!" -- Me

NotLambchop

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:35:53 PM

^Then why ain't you *BUYING*, bro?  Free monyz!! Cheesy
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:27:24 PM

Here are the 8 properties and their "Market Value" according to rentalstarter.com

Property NumberValue
1$115,000
2$55,000
3$85,000
4$80,000
5$80,000
6$60,000
7$80,000
8$50,000

Total "Market Value": $605,000

According to https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=RENT there are 50000 + 78534 = 128534 units in total?

This means that owning one share means you own $605000 / 128534 = $4.71 of property?

In other words, someone could buy every single share of RentalStarter for ฿561.2258 and own all 8 houses? (a $600k value)

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
andyfletcher

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:32:58 PM

County Auditor records checked

At UTC 16:15 this evening (20140713) I checked the two Rental Starter property IDs registered on the Ross County Auditor website and can confirm that they have clear title with the company Branny is using for the rentals. I've saved the screenshots on my local system.

At UTC 04:15 this morning (20140713) I checked the five Rental Starter property IDs registered on the Pickaway County Auditor website and can confirm that they have clear title with the company Branny is using for the rentals. I've saved the screenshots on my local system.

There is one additional RentalStarter property which I have yet to verify. I'll check it once the purchase has made its way into the online database.

If anyone wants a GPG signed copy of this statement or have any questions they are welcome to contact me at andy@x31.com.

regards

andy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: