Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 05:22:10 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What If Bitcoin is banned?  (Read 11373 times)
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:41:51 AM

I would still use it. Not sure how the government can really find out you are using bitcoin unless you walk around screaming about it. They could block the exchanges, but you can use proxy or VPN to go around it.

I would like to ask you how will you still use it?'
When It will be banned in your country then how can you use it or how can you exchange it in your cash? It will be useless for you isn't it?

If it's banned in your country you can only try to use/sell BTC via a VPN proxy connection (secure tunnel) to an exchange in another country where BTC is not banned. All data sent via the VPN tunnel is encrypted so not even your internet provider knows what exactly you are doing. Or (riskier) try to find someone in your neighborhood that will buy your coins and pay in cash.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
enwi

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 07:48:01 AM

if bitcoin is banned many people will cry and go crazy, there will be many people looking for another job but i think it may not be possible
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:52:59 AM

First before I say any thing I want you guys to know am speaking base on my understanding of what is it like in a counties as third world countries. Bitcoin over here is just like the air we breathe, no body not even the government can stop bitcoin. You can even sell your bitcoin to a person one on one and get your money paid to you either in cash or transferred to your local bank account.
denny27

Activity: 546

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:54:21 AM

On my knowledge until now, government still doesn't take the attitude for sure/ action to ban bitcoin, anyway bitcoin also doesn't harm the state or harm a country. More precisely the role of government to date, such as just knowing, while monitoring the good side of bitcoin for the country's economy. I think the possibility is small if bitcoin is banned. Bitcoin in my opinion will continues to exist, and seems many peoples will still continues to earning bitcoin even if bitcoin is banned including me.

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:03:25 AM

What If Bitcoin is banned in your country will you still use it?

If you use it how will you? How will you exchange it and how will you completely use it as you do before.

Don't really think this is possible since there is just no point in banning Bitcoin. The countries that ban bitcoin would just be crippling themselves and their economy. Most countries would just tax Bitcoin instead of taxing it.
Yes i agree. What is the reason for banning bitcoin. Its money so why theyre banning it. And theres no proof that bitcoin is not good and illegal. And many investors are investing here.
I think it's not just about taxing bitcoins. the government banned the use of bitcoin because the government noticed that bitcoin is highly vulnrable to serve as a facility for financial crime. with an anonymous and decentralized merit of course criminals will easily commit corruption and similar crimes without knowledge of anyone, that's why the state forbids bitcoin
boyptc

Activity: 3080
Merit: 681

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:01:37 AM

It would be really terrible news. Some people have a lot of money invested in bitcoins. It's scary, to lose everything in a second

Very terrible and many will be disappointed with this type of news. But we will not be heading on that scenario, we are on the opposite side and bitcoin will not be banned instead it will be lightly accepted and will be adopted by with different countries so there's no way I can see that bitcoin will banned. It may be banned in some other countries but the whole bitcoin itself won't be.
Yes it can cause disappoinment for everyone if the bitcoin become banned in different countries because there are many supporters of bitcoin now that working in bitcoin to spread it's uses to other people and also Bitcoin become helpful for the people who are unemployed in their country.

Those people that will celebrate when bitcoin gets banned are the ones who wants to see people disappoint in bitcoin. And they are supporting some other coins, I personally doesn't want to see bitcoin to ban in any country but the reality is that some countries doesn't appreciate this great invention of Satoshi.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 6468

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:41:30 PM

Let's assume it will be "banned".
And not "chinese ban" but "us ban".

What kind of ban will that be:
- not allow to exchange BTC to cash
- not allow to transfer BTC
- outlaw the possession of BTC ?

I can live with the first.

But with the second ones it comes to one single thing.
What will be the punishment? Simply a ticket and a citation and you get away with a 100$ fine?
Still I would risk it to use it.

Will the "ban" come with a 2 to 5 years prison time?
Well, they bye bye and no way I'm touching it again.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:20:34 PM

The country would have to block access to the internet. As if this happened, I would sell everything I have in BTC.
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:16:26 PM

That would be a drag but it is not happening that soon but if it happens we gotta find a way to convert those bitcoins into something useful or else all the hard work will go futile
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 05:34:39 PM

Yes, even if Bitcoin is banned then I would still use it because officially ban will be on the conversion of the Bitcoins into the fiat currencies so if there is any option for me to spend my Bitcoins without converting it into any other currency legally then I wouldn't hesitate to continue using Bitcoins. However, I see very rare chances of any such incident for normal activities and even at this stage, using Bitcoins (or any other crypto or fiat currency) for illegal activities is banned.
irmasany

Activity: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:22:53 PM

in my country there is no prohibition to engage in bitcoin.
but if one day there is a ban for bitcoin.
I make sure I will continue to be involved in bitcoin. although the government forbade it.
I think there is no law for this yet.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:30:09 PM

honestly, that does not make any sense, firstly why will and how will government ban something which is not his and secondly what if I still use it how will government will know that I am using it. they can not track everyone in the world even if they have everyone's data. in addition to that what would you do if I tell you the government is also using Bitcoin so why do they want you to stop using btc when they are not stopping.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:31:05 PM

The tools are there for you to bypass any ban by any government regarding bitcoin. Only if your government becomes picky enough to ask  you where did you get every fund transfer from in your bank account , then it will be a bit of a problem but nothing that can't be bypassed too. There is no real way for any government to "really ban" bitcoin as long as there will be TOR browser, TAILS operating system, and any good VPN out there.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
rb26

Activity: 247

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:33:45 PM

If you use it how will you? How will you exchange it and how will you completely use it as you do before.

If ever Bitcoin gets banned in my country, then I will still continue earning some Bitcoins. Regardless even I cannot exchange it to fiat. I will continue to earn and hold and I will wait for the banning become over. That way, I can exchange huge amount of Bitcoins to fiat. That would be worth the wait.

Qastessa

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:17:59 PM

Bitcoin will be unstoppable these are experts words. Maybe a few countries will block it. But stopping it.... no i think not.
Yes the site can be banned and in bitcoin there are a lot of sites not only one. So! Banning bitcoin is not going to happen suppose if it is going to happen than only a few countries will do this not everyone because it is impossible to do so because it is the digital currency and people will search for some other source to use bitcoin and they will use till the end of the world and it can never be banned.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:32:28 PM

I think banning bitcoin in a country is not easy. the state also has procedures and processes to decide illegally on something. such as bitcoin. I think what happens in China is the effect of the reports of people harmed from the deceptive ico.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1226

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:34:58 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2017, 07:48:01 PM by Mpamaegbu

Well with the ban in China, one cant be too sure these days. The question still remains, is bitcoin really fraudulent??
Point of information, what is happening in China isn't a ban on bitcoin. It really isn't even a ban on crytocurrencies but a stringent measure to ensure that the processes of enlisting cryptos into the cryptosystem are clean and not fraudulent. I think it should be a welcome development so that all the ICOs will be safe for investors and that they are not just a cheap way of enriching a few devs and their cronies.

The country would have to block access to the internet. As if this happened, I would sell everything I have in BTC.
And who will buy them from you when that supposed ban happens?

Before you boast of your material acquisition, take a stroll to a morgue and there you will find those who were once better than you're. Only fools think they've it all. Stay humble 🤔
[/color]
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:39:32 PM

There is always a way out of every problem, if this happen i will either use some altcoins, and if altcoins also get banned i will continue to collect more BTC by using VPN and will move toward a country where bitcoin is legal if i would become able to gather enough funds for a business start up. Well it seems that it will not going to happen because the market is spreading all over the world now and many countries have already legalized it.
Sweeet

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 07:43:12 PM

Thats the one thing I fear about bitcoin, and is most likely the end of the road for Bitcoin. Bitcoin could one day get to $20,000 a pop and when the value gets in that range the government could realize that they are losing tax money to those getting away without paying taxes due to anonymity. Alongside that they will understand more that bitcoin is allowing black markets and illegal services to be used through the anonymity of bitcoin. I think most people will stop using Bitcoin and the price will summit, although I think, like back in 2015, those few will still use it who love bitcoin.

Hopefully none of that happens though Smiley
doblok

Activity: 285

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:09:11 PM

Although there are government actions related to the ban but I am sure bitcoin will always grow quickly and become more popular among the people and many more countries are using and supporting the development of bitcoin Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: