Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:38:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Viewly ∙ A tokenized video platform  (Read 7347 times)
eth_cad2

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:48:59 AM

A great project and verified:
https://www.verifiedicos.com/ico/viewly

Looking forward to the progress, been using their alpha for a few weeks now. They have no definite ICO date yet but will be participating!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JJhardcore

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:03:09 PM

Same Question people asked before......WHAT IS THE TOTAL SUPPLY!!?Huh?!?!?!? It's not in the Whitepaper!!!
viewly (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 09:37:06 AM

Same Question people asked before......WHAT IS THE TOTAL SUPPLY!!?Huh?!?!?!? It's not in the Whitepaper!!!

100 million
pumz

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:49:37 AM

On Youtube one of the existing problems is anyone can use anyone's content with little changes at start and start earning. Do you have any plan to combat this issue and content of anyone should remain sole property of original creator to earn honest and well ?
viewly (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:16:02 AM

On Youtube one of the existing problems is anyone can use anyone's content with little changes at start and start earning. Do you have any plan to combat this issue and content of anyone should remain sole property of original creator to earn honest and well ?

Plagiarism should be less of a problem on Viewly, as the monetization is largely influenced by building of a personal brand and a community.
JJhardcore

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:29:35 PM

100 million
[/quote]

Thanks for the Reply Viewly!!
lilaj4de

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:44:43 PM

And how will streamers be paid? Will it be for clicks on each video, followers? In case they will be paid with tokens, correct?
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:25:13 PM

this looks really interesting, youtube should be already decentralized and stop the censorship

yolo
jurglic

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:05:28 PM

And how will streamers be paid? Will it be for clicks on each video, followers? In case they will be paid with tokens, correct?

Yes, the nodes will be paid with VIEW tokens based on availability and storage of videos
BluBeast

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:22:35 PM

100 Million is a respectable quantity of coin supply.  With Bitcoin at 21 Million, I look at this amount (5x that) and see a positive investment on top of a promising team.  In terms of the chain it will live on, EOS is an awesome idea. I have not seen a large scale project come forward and talk about building on top of EOS.  I’ve slowed my ICO activity a lot since Gnosis, but I would buy in. Long term hold.  It’s going to take a minute to get this plane off the ground.
mfgex

Activity: 68

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:33:27 PM

Good concept.  YouTube has begun a serious censorship campaign the last few months by way of de-monetizing any content it (or its bots) deems inappropriate.   Ad revenue for many YouTubers has plummeted, and many are in desperate need of an alternative means to get their content out there with the possibility of making money.  I hope Viewly can live up to the need it has the enormous potential to fill.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:42:05 PM

Already a few projects with that decentralized video platform. What makes you different from them ? (e.g. Viuly)

viewly (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 12:17:54 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 10:32:15 AM by viewly

Hollywood experience and design is added to the Viewly team

Hello Bitcointalk community,

We are happy to announce that the Viewly team has been expanded again.

This time we are blessed to have Munly Leong and Romina Kavčič by our side.

Munly is leading and building the marketing team for the ICO effort and Romina is joining us as a design strategist who is also executing a redesign and re-architecture of the View.ly company site first - before moving onto the View.ly UX itself.

Highlights:
Munly - game developer, entrepreneur, Hollywood experience (first tip: Stargate Atlantis and others).
Romina - 10+ years career, worked with Xamarin and Zemanta in US and other European companies.

Get clapping on our medium blog
Read the entire update here : http://bit.ly/ViewlyTeamExpansion

Check out our alpha:
https://alpha.view.ly

Join our Telegram community ( over 850 members ) :
https://t.me/viewly

Tweet with us:
https://twitter.com/TheViewly

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/theViewly/

Follow our Community Manager Tudor Ozy on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tudorozy/

Thank you for your support !
althedge

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:13:42 AM

Interesting project but very technically challenging
 It's going to take a huge amount of data storage and data transfer and I can't think of anything including ipfs is really suitable long-term. CDN might not be possible because of the huge data transfer fees for video. Ipfs last time I tested it (a few months back) is quite slow and buggy. It'll be interesting to see how this develops. Some more technical details on how you could scale a system would be interesting. Good luck with the project.
U

Activity: 503
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:31:50 AM

Where did these uploaded videos stored,on view.ly's centralized server?

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
viewly (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 08:19:35 PM

Where did these uploaded videos stored,on view.ly's centralized server?

Hello U,

The content will be stored by hosting nodes, the final product will be using a Content Delivery Network - hosting providers, as dictated by a decentralized hosting marketplace (TBA). We are also considering EOS storage.
TudorOzy

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 10:13:41 PM

Interesting project but very technically challenging
 It's going to take a huge amount of data storage and data transfer and I can't think of anything including ipfs is really suitable long-term. CDN might not be possible because of the huge data transfer fees for video. Ipfs last time I tested it (a few months back) is quite slow and buggy. It'll be interesting to see how this develops. Some more technical details on how you could scale a system would be interesting. Good luck with the project.

Thank you for your support, yes IPFS is slow for what is envisioned. Team is working hard on the beta right now.
viewly (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 11:47:25 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 12:39:03 AM by viewly

Power to the People: How Viewly is revolutionizing the online video industry for the benefit of content creators

Hello Bitcointalk community,

A new blog post is up
Read the entire article and follow us on our new Medium blog channel:

http://bit.ly/ViewlyPowerToThePeople

Here are some highligths :

Despite an estimated  annual revenue of close to $800 million, only the top 10% of YouTube creators see any significant profit. These channels are typically backed by corporate interests or major advertisers, putting them at a meaningful advantage ahead of the vast majority of content creators, who do not have time to invest.

A Brand Based on Quality Content, Not Algorithms
Building on the philosophy of a patronage business model, View.ly is the first online video platform to use a decentralized content delivery network (CDN) that will allow high quality creators with a small, medium, or large following to build an audience based on the quality of their work rather than wait for YouTube to use arbitrary algorithms regarding view, watch‐time, and likes to put their videos in front of potential subscribers.

Transparency, Immutability, Security, and Community
By using the blockchain and decentralizing network operations, as well as using a token system that is built on the blockchain, there is far less of a risk for security breaches as well as misappropriation of fans’ donations. Since there is no centralized body holding and managing payments, fans can be sure that their tokens are going directly to the creators and vice versa.
The blockchain application also serves as a reward, synchronization and enforcement layer for the peer‐to‐peer hosting.

Thank you for following us!
A new announcement will be coming after 24 hours.
viewly (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 02:01:05 PM

Munly (marketing @ Viewly) will be at the Blockchain World Conference in Bangkok, Thailand on Dec 4th.

Anyone who is already attending and wants to meet up can coordinate by PM via telegram https://t.me/fathamburger or emailing munly@view.ly

Read the full article on our Medium blog here: http://bit.ly/ViewlyAtBWCinBangkok
orionluckyse7en

Activity: 728
Merit: 102

3D Logo & Animated Design Services PM me ;)

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:33:50 PM

Why mentioned "Youtube" ? Is there anything to do directly with youtube? From what i read about this project, it is a decentralized video sharing platfom. It's a good concept anyway.

◥◥ 3D Logo & Animated Design ◤◤
Trusted Easy Simple Satisfactory Guaranteed
More info contact Telegram
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: