Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:15:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Viewly ∙ A tokenized video platform  (Read 7347 times)
lazoguzzling

Activity: 342
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:29:38 PM

How will the censorship process be implemented in the application? Huh
I think most videos will be monitored by moderators. Or the most popular video. Then it will be easy to find forbidden content.

We will likely establish several distributed and open access systems to aid with decision making  rankings and user experience. The idea is that all the participants should have the best possible information at all times which includes, but is not limited to, results of PoA ( proof of availability )  challenges, video demand statistics, copyright and content id tags and basic telemetry.

If a material is found by the community copyrighted or not family friendly it will recieve a tag and the hosting node would not want to host copyrighted material, the uploader and the hosting node ( if he continues to host the content ) would recieve a flag.

There will be an order book held and a real time bidding between content creators and hosting providers. Each video will be stored on at least three distinct nodes to ensure the video is not lost. Each content creator will likely receive personalized offers from potential hosting providers, primarily influenced by popularity and risk profiles. To make this process easier, as well as to aid in matching the particular content creators with the optimal hosting providers, we should aggregate additional information based on usage of the Viewly app, such as viewership statistics (timing and frequency of views, average per-country aggregates) and the risk profiles (content id tags, copyright flags, and/or other disputes).

The price of storage will only be a small proportion of earnings for popular content providers, a small price to pay for storing videos with high intrinsic/emotional value and  too expensive for low quality content and/or spam, ultimately eliminating the surplus of unpopular and/or spam videos.

The selected host will issue a bond (e.g. 20% of the annual hosting price) as a collateral for actually storing the file. If the hosting node fails a Proof of Storage (PoS) or Proof of Availability (PoA) challenges, they will lose the bond and and the offer to host this video will re-enter the marketplace.
In the event where content is purposefully discarded, both the bond and remaining funds in the contract are burned. The hosting provider forgoes the bond for the sake of aversion of potential legal liability, and the original uploader loses the remaining funds in the hosting contract. The hosting provider also suffers a small loss in their reputation score.

Of course nobody would stop you to spin up any kind of website based on the infrastructure and host your own materials but you would do so at your own risk.
Pretty thoughtful system. But in my opinion it's very complicated ... Will there be an intuitive interface? Will it be more profitable for people to work with you, but not with YouTube?

Regarding your first question : Of course our goal is to make it intuitive and user friendly. User experience and user interface are a really important part of the ecosystem and adoption, that is on the list

Regarding your second question: I can't comment on profitability . Everyone is at different stages I say continue to do what you do best on the platform that you are currently at where your subscribers and followers are and also try the Viewly Demo and the platform.
Are you the representative of Viewly? Or are you from the development team?
MarkoViewly

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:55:32 PM

Are you the representative of Viewly? Or are you from the development team?

Me and TudorOzy are both the community managers for Viewly. The dev team is really busy working on the product and if you have a specific question for them it will be our pleasure to re-direct it to them and give you an answer as soon as we get one!
RomanBelich

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:22:59 PM

I do not quite understand how this will work, but the idea is interesting! Cheesy
ukrainskaya-devaxa

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:33:23 PM

Do you think that you can lure the whole audience from youtube to you?
Ayupich

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:53:37 PM

An interesting question, youtube is a huge corporation, how do you plan to compete?
DiziSquare

Activity: 377

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:11:48 PM

Hi, do not forget to make applications for mobile devices! Grin
Nastenasl4stena

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:07:11 PM

An interesting question, youtube is a huge corporation, how do you plan to compete?
I do not think that they will have to compete, people will choose the best and it will be Viewly Wink
vkolotun

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:59:58 PM

I understand correctly that Viewly is aimed to exclude fraud and deception among companies buying advertising and content-makers?
JackPeterson91

Activity: 282

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:08:14 PM

I understand correctly that Viewly is aimed to exclude fraud and deception among companies buying advertising and content-makers?
Viewly features include:
creators can be supported by their audience directly,
no need to obsessively track the audience,
no need to manipulate how the audience consumes the content;
ad free.
Narimann

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:07:31 PM

When is the beginning of the pre-sale? and are there any bonuses for the first investors?
JamesJazz82

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:56:41 PM

When is the beginning of the pre-sale? and are there any bonuses for the first investors?

Public presale will begin on February 20 Wink
SimpleDex.org

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 04:58:47 PM

Where are you going to store video data?
Lucasolofsson85

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:26:33 PM

Where are you going to store video data?
You can download whitepaper from the official site and find the information you are interested there.
Joseph007

Activity: 289

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:59:02 PM

Have you tried to offer your video hosting to popular video bloggers from YouTube?
Nijeltheboss

Activity: 326

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:22:17 PM

Have you tried to offer your video hosting to popular video bloggers from YouTube?
This could help the development of the project!
Petramaxindoshka

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:59:03 PM

Indeed, it would be interesting to hear their opinion on this, whether they will be able to replace YouTube with this platform Undecided
LoreinMallin

Activity: 324

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:43:10 PM

Signal Ventures and Viewly join forces!

Shaishav Todi, founding partner joins Viewly as a strategic advisor.
Shaishav has provided valuable advice and insight to a leading number of teams working in the blockchain space
Shaishav’s network and contributions to the cryptocurrency space also include 0x Protocol,  Zilliqa, EOS, Blocktix, Kyber Network, Republic Protocol, Civic, Request Network, IoTex, Origin Protocol, Matrix AI.

Read the full announcement on our medium blog:
http://[Suspicious link removed]/ViewlyStrategicAdvisorBt

Well done guys, keep it up! The more professionals in the team, the faster the project will gain momentum.
MarkoViewly

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:17:37 PM

I do not quite understand how this will work, but the idea is interesting! Cheesy

Hello RomanBelich! Please check the whitepaper here: https://view.ly/downloads/whitepaper.pdf. There is a lot more info about the project. You could also check out the roadmap here: https://medium.com/view-ly/viewly-roadmap-released-b1a6efefeb1d

Thank you for your question. Our main goal is to have real supporters of quality content creators as an audience. We are a completely different platform from YouTube, and also - competition is always healthy, it will motivate us to become even better in the future.

Hi, do not forget to make applications for mobile devices! Grin

Great idea DiziSquare, today's world depends on mobile apps!  Grin Thumbs up!

I do not think that they will have to compete, people will choose the best and it will be Viewly Wink

Thanks for the support!

Viewly aims to become the first ad-free video platform, even though creators would be able to sign sponsorship deals without a problem.

Hello Narimann! Private pre-sale is ongoing and it will last until the 20th February (100 ETH+). On the 21st-22nd there will be a pre-sale for whitelisted contributors (5 ETH+). On the 22nd February the public token starts and it will last until the hard cap is filled or until the 22nd March.

We already have several creators on-board. You can check them on our website. https://view.ly/

Well done guys, keep it up! The more professionals in the team, the faster the project will gain momentum.

Thanks for the support LoreinMallin, we appreciate it! Smiley

vkolotun

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:04:51 AM

I'm not very familiar with the conditions of Youtube, but in my opinion, it's also possible to upload video materials for free ... or is there a restriction on the number and duration of the video?
And you offer to rent and post content without any money - but then with what money will you support it?
manhont

Activity: 518
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:22:32 AM

As far as I know, you have a very strong competitor, flixxo. What are your advantages compared to the flixxo platform?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: