Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:40:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [POW] [MSR] Masari - simple, scalable, and secure cryptocurrency  (Read 85216 times)
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 05:22:45 PM

is there any plan to switch to cryptonight heavy before the individual asics arrive?

The algorithm will be changed to CryptoNight v7 (same of Monero), not CryptoNight Heavy (and it will be changed in the next weeks, before May).

The Masari network hashrate and dificulty start to rise exponential these days. Obviously asic miners jumping in to mine as much blocks before algoritm change.  Dev need to hurry with the fork.

You do not need any fork. Nonsense. Nothing bad happens.

What???

lol.... only think that happen is the asic dominance

and what's wrong with that? In Asic invest a lot of money, the coin will only benefit from this.

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
platzdubble

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

you said what now?

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 05:41:14 PM

whats wrong with that?

Centralization is what's bad with that.

xmranon on twitter/reddit.
platzdubble

Activity: 124

you said what now?

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 10:54:03 PM

looks like JiuCrypto on Twitter _was_ hinting at Masari. Great shoutout here with more details: https://twitter.com/jiucrypto/status/985963592901169152

and goes on to say...

"Untraceable, fungible. This says a lot:
https://twitter.com/fluffypony/status/971103127947669505
https://twitter.com/masaricurrency/status/983462297069735942
Very capable and active devs. No quick hype but a promising long-term position imho looking at current prices. "

xmranon on twitter/reddit.
TacoBond

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:08:27 AM

I take it you must have your asic miners pointed at Masari right now. Enjoy it while you can because your party is coming to an end here very soon.
lindeberg

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:20:12 AM

is there any plan to switch to cryptonight heavy before the individual asics arrive?

The algorithm will be changed to CryptoNight v7 (same of Monero), not CryptoNight Heavy (and it will be changed in the next weeks, before May).

The Masari network hashrate and dificulty start to rise exponential these days. Obviously asic miners jumping in to mine as much blocks before algoritm change.  Dev need to hurry with the fork.

Just look at intense coin and the 51% attack that stoped his network. Nah nothing wrong can happen.
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 10:06:35 AM

Just look at intense coin and the 51% attack that stoped his network. Nah nothing wrong can happen.
Lol!
such nonsense from such experts mountain I will not even comment.

cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 11:25:41 AM

The Masari network hashrate and dificulty start to rise exponential these days. Obviously asic miners jumping in to mine as much blocks before algoritm change.  Dev need to hurry with the fork.

Lol!

You were stupid enough to buy these ASICS, didn't you? Maybe you can use them to heat your cannabis plantation after the fork, lmao

it's sad that this coin has no community, such stupid people, do not understand anything, only troll.
I think this coin will soon die because of people like you.

Fast_cris

Activity: 185

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:27:48 AM

The Masari network hashrate and dificulty start to rise exponential these days. Obviously asic miners jumping in to mine as much blocks before algoritm change.  Dev need to hurry with the fork.

Lol!

You were stupid enough to buy these ASICS, didn't you? Maybe you can use them to heat your cannabis plantation after the fork, lmao

Cannabis  Grin Grin Grin
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 11:47:36 AM

Lol!

it's sad that this coin has no community, such stupid people, do not understand anything, only troll.

Good riddance. You can't even articulate a good argument, come back after you finish your english classes
This you have no arguments, schoolboys stupid gathered, no one brought any arguments, stupid Mamkina miners

cryptosheeple

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:40:21 PM

Wow look at that hash rate jump. ASICS are definitely in play. Hope the fork happens soon...
ght3d

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:44:43 PM

Lol!

Good riddance. You can't even articulate a good argument, come back after you finish your english classes
This you have no arguments, schoolboys stupid gathered, no one brought any arguments, stupid Mamkina miners

Lay off the weed pipe cyka blyat, it's clouding your judgement.

Don't feed the troll, man. Let him mine whatever cryptonote shitcoin which didn't fork while he still can, before his asic turns into a brick. His place is on antpool with the other greedy clowns who got a 10k cryptonight asic, hoping to ROI in 10 days.
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

Activity: 234

https://twitter.com/bazookajeff

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 12:46:40 PM

Wow look at that hash rate jump. ASICS are definitely in play. Hope the fork happens soon...

It will. There is no definite day yet but it will happen within the next couple of weeks. *fingers crossed*

The source from which existing things derive their existence is also that to which they return at their destruction.
MoonThenLambo

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:14:08 PM

Fork likely happening on testnet this week after further testing, then we'll know more.

Patience people, this development is thorough and includes more changes than others. This is ambitious but necessary.
eatit007

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:57:15 PM

Looks like TradeOgre may be getting ready to add Masari

The wallet started showing up today in my account: https://i.imgur.com/fHetQIp.png

Just tested a deposit of 1MSR and it was successful. Looks like they're using integrated addresses and have a 0.1 MSR withdrawal fee
This is good Cheesy
eatit007

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:06:10 PM

Now we're stable in at least 5MH/s Network. Party is over for my low hash power.

How much you have ?

I have 170h/s Tongue ahaha
TacoBond

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:06:54 PM

@cryptomaxsun  Their is really nothing to argue about because Masari has a clear path of direction which takes us to asic free after the next fork. If you have an asic miner pointed at Masari well then good for you and enjoy it while you can. You are just not going to make any friends on here trying to sell a centralized coin system to us. That is not what Masari is about. Hope this helps.
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 03:39:30 PM

@cryptomaxsun  Their is really nothing to argue about because Masari has a clear path of direction which takes us to asic free after the next fork. If you have an asic miner pointed at Masari well then good for you and enjoy it while you can. You are just not going to make any friends on here trying to sell a centralized coin system to us. That is not what Masari is about. Hope this helps.
I just stated an obvious fact without any banter, and they attacked me, badly, there is no intelligent community, there is no clear plan. nothing at all. if you are so thrown at people. this is very bad, for you and for a coin.

thaer (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:21:30 PM

ASICs are a touchy subject, but we shouldn't be fighting over MSR's upcoming PoW change. The problem with CryptoNote ASICs is the centralization portion, not that it's an ASIC necessarily. In the current climate, this would mean that basically two companies (as of this writing) would dominate the hardware market for those kind of coins, and is a bad form of centralization with arguable defensible positions.

Monero's current thoughts regarding ASICs is in the long term to commit to a specific PoW that will be integrated in lets say 2 years time (while committing to PoW variants on each fork until then), which would give fair market competition to develop ASICs, and not cause centralized "secret" mining as what happened with Bitmain.
The Masari community is indifferent to this position, since it may be conceded that ASICs (or FPGAs at the very minimum) are inevitable and only measures are needed to ensure decentralization. However, we may diverge from this and include in our roadmap research on an entirely new ASIC/FPGA-resistant PoW if deemed necessary.

@Cryptomaxsun I've seen you comment and discuss on this forum since early days. Putting the ASIC flame war aside (which includes other people), I'm confused why you'd resort to throwing ad hominems at the community (falsely saying it's not intelligent) and misrepresenting the roadmap (since we have clear reachable goals in the horizon, publicly shown on the home page https://getmasari.org/ ).

Good discourse on here is promoted, and there is always good discourse happening at our Discord, which everybody is welcome to join (https://discord.gg/sMCwMqs ).
Barkey

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:21:37 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 01:41:12 AM by Barkey

@cryptomaxsun, I think all the weed you have smoked has taken a toll on you. You have been a MSR pool operator here since the beginning and have mined a ton of coins and now you are going to bash a project that is only one of a handful of coins that is up over 400 percent and growing since crypto crashed this year. Seriously dude put down the pipe. This is exactly why we do not ASICS on Masari. Do not want a coin that is centralized by greedy half baked stoners. Like Taco said enjoy it while you can because your party is coming to an end soon. Sounds like you sold your bag anyways otherwise you would not be running your keyboard with half baked negative comments about Masari. You should have focused more on the direction of where Masari is going and held onto your coins instead of selling them to pack your pipe every night. Sorry dude but I don’t feel sorry for A half baked greedy miner who is crying like a grade school child that is not getting his way. Masari has had a clear path and you knew that from the beginning. Oh and one more thing I DONT ENVY YOU AT ALL!
valgandar

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:04:24 AM

I just stated an obvious fact without any banter, and they attacked me, badly, there is no intelligent community, there is no clear plan. nothing at all. if you are so thrown at people. this is very bad, for you and for a coin.

I think YOU started attacking the community. This is clearly evident by just reading the previous page. And maybe trying to spread FUD isn't the best way to discuss here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: