Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:46:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Town: Let's Make the Future Come to us  (Read 54563 times)
crumbcake

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:18:23 AM

So you're not going to have anything that's at odds with state & fed law?  No hookers, no blow?  Well, that's a letdown...  I can't haz my speedballz?  What happened to mah liberty?  All you're planning for is just an armpity nowheresville Huh

Nope, no hookers. No blow.

But in New Mexico if a seed falls on the ground, and a plant grows, it is not illegal. It was decided in the New Mexico supreme court. Manufacture of anything or sale is still a crime though.

Didn't ya promise earlier in this thread that Sheriff Kindbud will turn a blind eye (that's the third one) to victimless crime?
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:21:53 AM

half of that stuff is from a philosophical piece,

I think we all understand your philosophy by now.

Enjoy your commune.

Lol, commune?

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:22:35 AM

So you're not going to have anything that's at odds with state & fed law?  No hookers, no blow?  Well, that's a letdown...  I can't haz my speedballz?  What happened to mah liberty?  All you're planning for is just an armpity nowheresville Huh

But in New Mexico if a seed falls on the ground, and a plant grows, it is not illegal. It was decided in the New Mexico supreme court. Manufacture of anything or sale is still a crime though.

Didn't ya promise earlier in this thread that Sheriff Kindbud will turn a blind eye (that's the third one) to victimless crime?

Manufacturing & Selling cocaine isn't a victimless crime. And neither is prostitution.

crumbcake

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:29:23 AM

Manufacturing & Selling cocaine isn't a victimless crime. And neither is prostitution.

Next you'll be telling me I can't have no guns & no slaves!  You turn funny on us, boy? 
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:30:32 AM

Enjoy your commune.

Lol, commune?

I've been studying commune living since I was 14, and if you MAKE people work, no one comes. Now, if you make a rule "You have to work if you want a share of communal food" that is completely acceptable.

we can start a political party based on the towns philosophy

But once we got enough communal town funds we could work on that.

Sounds like a commune to me. Your words, not mine.

You should check out Vermont, there is a very big commune/hippy mindset up there. Plus they are right next to New Hampshire where Bitcoin is thriving in the live free or die state.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:33:31 AM

Next you'll be telling me I can't have no guns & no slaves!  You turn funny on us, boy? 

No slaves, and you can have guns. But I'm pretty sure it's illegal to manufacture guns too...

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:34:34 AM

Enjoy your commune.

Lol, commune?

I've been studying commune living since I was 14, and if you MAKE people work, no one comes. Now, if you make a rule "You have to work if you want a share of communal food" that is completely acceptable.

You should check out Vermont, there is a very big commune/hippy mindset up there. Plus they are right next to New Hampshire where Bitcoin is thriving in the live free or die state.

Nope. I said this was NOT a commune, because when people have to work, no one comes.  So this is not a commune, but will allow for communal work and living, for people that can't afford any other way of sustaining life.

I can't believe you didn't even read the thing you quoted. You guys suck SO much at reading.

crumbcake

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:36:26 AM

Parts of Vermont are so purty I'd move there -- crunchies and all.  
crumbcake

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:41:40 AM

No slaves, and you can have guns. But I'm pretty sure it's illegal to manufacture guns too...

So, let me see if i have this straight:  Your town will have all the state & federal laws, the residents will be taxed by the state & the feds, and, on top of all that ... you're going to dump another load of town laws & services on us?  All this in a God-forsaken desert?  WTF would anyone want to live there?
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:42:21 AM

Enjoy your commune.

Lol, commune?

Nope. I said this was NOT a commune, because when people have to work, no one comes.  So this is not a commune, but will allow for communal work and living, for people that can't afford any other way of sustaining life.

I can't believe you didn't even read the thing you quoted. You guys suck SO much at reading.

So, no communal town funds?

Your quote just says that in your commune people have to work if they want the commune food. Will the "communal work and living, for people that can't afford any other way of sustaining life" be part of the town constitution that you write?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:43:54 AM

Bitcoin town part 14:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnD-hDk0iWc

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:45:35 AM

So, let me see if i have this straight: 

1. Your town will have all the state & federal laws,

2. the residents will be taxed by the state & the feds, and, on top of all that ...

3. you're going to dump another load of town laws & services on us? 

1. Yes

2. No, if they don't want to pay taxes they can operate completely in Bitcoin

3. I don't even know what you are talking about with this one.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:46:51 AM

So, no communal town funds?

Your quote just says that in your commune people have to work if they want the commune food. Will the "communal work and living, for people that can't afford any other way of sustaining life" be part of the town constitution that you write?

Yes there are communal town funds, just like ANY town. We just don't get them through taxes.

No it won't be in the constitution, I don't see why it should be.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:48:37 AM

Yes there are communal town funds, just like ANY town. We just don't get them through taxes.

Would I be required to contribute toward the communcal town funds?

crumbcake

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:48:52 AM

I can't believe you didn't even read the thing you quoted. ...

How ungrateful can you be?  The guy watched like a dozen of your videos!  I felt raped after watching just a minute of one. The guy's a hero.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:49:01 AM

Nope.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:49:29 AM

I can't believe you didn't even read the thing you quoted. ...

How ungrateful can you be?  The guy watched like a dozen of your videos!  I felt raped after watching just a minute of one. The guy's a hero.

He watched like 2 seconds of each video based on his knowledge of what was in them.

crumbcake

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:50:10 AM

So, let me see if i have this straight: 

1. Your town will have all the state & federal laws,

2. the residents will be taxed by the state & the feds, and, on top of all that ...

3. you're going to dump another load of town laws & services on us? 

1. Yes

2. No, if they don't want to pay taxes they can operate completely in Bitcoin

3. I don't even know what you are talking about with this one.

Did someone tell you that you don't owe taxes if you use bitcoin instead of $$$?
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:51:05 AM

Nope.

So how do you get communal town funds?

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:51:42 AM

Did someone tell you that you don't owe taxes if you use bitcoin instead of $$$?

Yeah, as long as you don't exchange it into fiat at any time it is impossible for them to tax it. It's a fluctuating digital property, not a real "currency". It has just become a currency, like seashells were at one point.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: