Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:19:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of ongoing scams  (Read 19476 times)
tmbp (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:05:04 PM

MPOE-PR = questionable  member as to them being upset about bitcoinscammers.com and in all out defense of certain proven scammers leads me to believe that you should watch him/her carefully in any transactions. 

I second this
iANDROID

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Swiss Money all around me!

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:13:04 PM

What about just-dice.com ?
Darktongue

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:40:47 PM

much like the postal service of great britain use to work for decades without stamps. where the queen and kings paid the 'postmen' food and horses to be able to transport mail between districts. but then the stamp was invented to allow individuals to use the service.

much like ripple. for years used by kings and queens (the big timer exchanges) and now using xrp for individuals.

starting to see why the stamp analogy works soo well..
opencoin do need t make money, that is true. they are a business after all. not a charity. but xrp are not gold or silver. they are simply a method of showing a costbase per transaction (decimal of an xrp per transaction) which when people buy xrp are paying for the ability to sending the transaction.

XRP are not intended to be analogised as a jewel or gold. but as a receipt/stamp as a payment of service.

please get out of the cave and read the purpose of ripple from ripple. not the chinese whispered twisted words of the youtube sofa anarchists and wiki editors.

i bet 98% of people that say ripple is a scam have never even used ripple to move bitcoin from their wallet to convert into fiat with bitstamp.
instead they just hang around these forums buying xrp off of other people and trying to sell it on to other people believing that XRP holds a value over and above that of a postage stamp.

I have yet to see a handout from open coin

The "classic" Ripple has existed for many years. Anyone could use it. It did not require XRP. XRP was invented because they need a way to rip off Bitcoiners.

If you call XRPs stamps, then Bitcoins are stamps too.

OpenCoin Inc does need to make money, but a for-profit currency (such as the Federal Reserve Dollar or XRP) is something I do not support. I support open source, and non-profit currency. That doesn't mean you can't build something for-profit on top of a nonprofit currency.
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:22:26 AM

Looks incredibly legit. It will probably kill SatoshiDice in the market if given time.

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:26:19 AM

Mircea is a proven liar and an elitist idiot, just read his blog, quite fascinating to feel inside of the mind of a douchebag for 5 minutes and Erik well, he's Erik, you can tell about him by the people he is associated with.

I think MPOE-PR is Mircea himself, but that's just all my opinion, no solid proof (aside from the fact that Mircea is a liar).

QFT.

Regarding Bitbet.us I think the recent bet resolution regarding BFL is definitely scam worthy.

We had 2 wagering sites that had an ambiguous BFL based bet:

bitbet.us resolved the bet in favour of themselves and sent our Mr-POOPER to troll everyone that attempted to discuss it further.
betsofbitco.in canceled the bet, still not a popular decision but imho the right course of action in this situation.

Now what is hilarious is that Mr-POOPER has been busy in the betsofbitco.in thread making scam accusations for regarding their cancelation of the BFL based bet all the while ignoring the fact they did something far worse.

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:43:35 AM

Looks incredibly legit. It will probably kill SatoshiDice in the market if given time.

I fully endorse Just-Dice, provably fair and run by an extremely trustworthy character.

philthy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:44:50 AM

primedice isn't a scam i've been using it for ages.
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 02:06:30 AM

literally ages?

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:41:51 AM

Yes!  I am offended that you left Just-Dice off the list.  Everyone else gets a mention; why don't we?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 08:28:06 AM

Yes!  I am offended that you left Just-Dice off the list.  Everyone else gets a mention; why don't we?

Yes! Why do you leave this service off of the list! It must be really untrustworthy, I mean, everything is according to you, right?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
rikur

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:46:01 PM

Yes!  I am offended that you left Just-Dice off the list.  Everyone else gets a mention; why don't we?

Yes! Why do you leave this service off of the list! It must be really untrustworthy, I mean, everything is according to you, right?

I don't think you're contributing at all. But congrats for having a good enough reputation and a well built service that is not considered a scam - a rare position to be in. In the Bitcoin economy that is.

I might consider investing in it later.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:24:30 PM

Altcoins are a scam. Smiley
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 07:10:46 PM

Don't forget the Lending section. Seems like 90% of all loan requests are being done by accounts created within the last month or two, and with little exception they will always default if they find someone dumb enough to lend to them.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 07:22:45 PM

This thread is a scam for confusing scams with moral prejudice.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 07:25:45 PM

Yes!  I am offended that you left Just-Dice off the list.  Everyone else gets a mention; why don't we?

See? You're too nice for your own good.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
tmbp (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:07:37 AM

TF has a ripple scam going on, link in my poll thread for him scamming me:
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151880.0;all

Does seem like TF is on the wrong here, have you donated it to charity in the end?

Don't forget the Lending section. Seems like 90% of all loan requests are being done by accounts created within the last month or two, and with little exception they will always default if they find someone dumb enough to lend to them.

But then again, most of the people that loan btc in the Lending section are nerds that have been bullied through highschool and now feel that they can disrespect, condescend and hurt other (*unfortunate) members while requesting collateral which is worth at least 10 fold the amount on low risk lends, you could argue it's their right but they are still extremely annoying time wasters and most don't even have the amount to lend but it won't stop them from investigating the fuck out of you.

See? You're too nice for your own good.

Get out of my thread
MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:39:24 PM

Does seem like TF is on the wrong here, have you donated it to charity in the end?

I've identified a  bitcoin charity called "FR33AID" and established some rapport with one of their officers.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of scammers like TF, it is unlikely we'll see the coins he scammed from me put to good uses.
To answer your question, I regularly donate to charities, but it is unlikely the coins TF scammed will be returned for such purposes because TF appears to have a weakness for gambling the stolen coins.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:45:57 AM

Get out of my thread

I don't remember asking you one damned thing, Today's Clown Guy.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
tmbp (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:59:31 AM

I've identified a  bitcoin charity called "FR33AID" and established some rapport with one of their officers.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of scammers like TF, it is unlikely we'll see the coins he scammed from me put to good uses.
To answer your question, I regularly donate to charities, but it is unlikely the coins TF scammed will be returned for such purposes because TF appears to have a weakness for gambling the stolen coins.

I will look further into your claims.

Get out of my thread

I don't remember asking you one damned thing, Today's Clown Guy.

I was under the impression I was yesterdays clown guy. Don't deny the fact you've got the hots for me  Grin
MPOE-PR

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:32:36 PM

You'll become yest's clown guy once you leave/stop posting and some other muppet takes over the stupid pointless and loud torch.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: