Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:38:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104873 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stevenpn

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:13:28 PM

Electroneum did seem to be different form others but then time has shown us that it is similar to other ones. First they create a hype about it in the market and then they turn their back towards their investors.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ngoclanhoang1999qb

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:20:23 AM

Electroneum is not a scam.They are working hard and they already have huge followers. It is aimed at smartphone users which is cool and if they get few merchants then the coin will rise to moon.
msycitizen

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:39:52 AM

It looks fishy Coz they only released some tokens only to the market without declaring a proper circulating supply.Seems like some group is liquidating their tokens.
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:32:45 AM

No the coin is not a scam. The coin is having a hard time now but that is nothing new as all the other coins in the market are also having a hard time. Once the bull market rolls around coins like electroneum will hit new heights and with this new heights will come new and better prices and it is the investors who got in early on in the coin that will enjoy it the most.
hoanglann222

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:52:15 AM

Electroneum make really huge marketing campaign but  it indicators aren’t very impressive telling the truth. I advice to abstain of big investment s in this currency in the near future.
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:03:57 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 08:42:31 AM by contraband

Electroneum make really huge marketing campaign but  it indicators aren’t very impressive telling the truth. I advice to abstain of big investment s in this currency in the near future.

Electroneum make really huge marketing campaign but  it indicators aren’t very impressive telling the truth. I advice to abstain of big investment s in this currency in the near future.

The actual marketing campaign has yet to begin, and the Dev Richard Ells is a viral marketing expert, and is the founder and CEO of Retortal, a marketing company he started many years ago with international companies that are household names as clients. Highly respected in his field, he has now hired a top tier promotional company, because hes doing a good job at understanding what hat hes wearing.

Anyone familiar with the project, thats been paying attention, has seen that the biggest concern was the fact that he comes from a leading marketing company, and he and his team werent tech savvy enough, which was groundless.

MARKETING

Rich hired a high profile promotional company, and people whine asking why. So trolls have been poking fun, saying that if he was supposed to be this marketing genius, then why did he need to hire a marketing company? This is because he IS a marketing genius, and he understands that it doesnt matter how impressive the platform is if the message fails to spread around the globe effectively. Only a fool would think this could be done alone.

TECH

The favorite false narrative seems to be implying that choosing employees from his marketing firm (btw one of their main products is software they built from scratch) to do research, code, etc. was a bad idea because they lack of talent in this area. What many dont know is that this has been PROVEN not to be the case. See below

At the time of the release of the coins purchased in the Tokensale, a botnet with millions of hijacked computers attacked the ETN website that was sending the coins to the buyers. Not a single coin was lost. Then Rich had them fortify the system even further until they felt it could withstand anything. Then Rich hired one of the best internet security firms in the world called Hackerone [US DoD, Starbucks, Uber, Spotify, Coinbase, Blockchain.info, etc].

The firm challenges the best hackers on the planet to try to find a way to beat the system. After three weeks with zero intrusions, and a few suggestions on how to make the system even stronger were implemented, the system was put back online.

There have still been high profile attacks but everyone have received their ICO coins without incident.

Another issue is there have been hiccups due to the system being flooded with fake transactions, that the attackers are paying a ton of money to make, but one by one the issues continue to be dealt with as we continue to move forward. After all of this Rich has been assembling a team of high profile tech experts with a laundry list of the whos who of companies in the tech industry on their resumes.

INSTANT TRANSACTIONS

As the FUD continues, that the ETN team is just filled with a bunch of *glorified salesman* that are in, the most popular term, "way over their heads" lol, these guys sure must be some *slick talkers* lmfao, because somehow   [**gotta note the sarcasm**
 as Im sure to be quoted out of context again**]  they have created Instant Transaction Technology that they have a patent pending for now. In short, it is able to "lock" the funds instantly as soon as the coins have been sent by the user, so that they cant be spent again, while the blockchain "catches up" and the actual confirmations on the blockchain take place. Does that sound like a bunch of green blockchain tech noobs to you?

SO WHY DOES THE PERCEPTION/RUMOR THAT THE ETN TEAM HAVE A LACK OF KNOWLEDGE IN BLOCKCHIAN TECH CONTINUE TO BE CIRCULATED?

Because it takes more than a few words to prove and explain, and people call any detailed explanation a "o wall of text" he he ha ha, not funny IMO.

So what happens?

A.  People are just lazy and would rather go with the quick one line opinion of some idiot who hasnt read up on the subject either

B.  They are purposefully spreading FUD because they are paid to do so by a competitor.

C.  They own coins in a competing project, and they believe their FUD is strong enough to actually lower the price.  Roll Eyes

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, AND IN THIS CASE, PROFITABLE BECAUSE ETN SITS UNDER 3 CENTS RIGHT NOW.

joesastro

Activity: 223

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:56:02 AM

In my view, Of course, it is not a scam but a low average project with great marketing.
These people are marketing experts. I think you need to spread this information, it will be the fewer people caught in their bait.

contraband

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:47:47 AM

In my view, Of course, it is not a scam but a low average project with great marketing.
These people are marketing experts. I think you need to spread this information, it will be the fewer people caught in their bait.

CARE TO EXPLAIN WHAT BAIT YOU ARE REFFERING TO?

THE ETN APP WAS USED BY 140,000 PEOPLE JUST YESTERDAY!!!!!

You might want to read the post above yours, its not even an opinion

They have people on their staff, TECH PEOPLE, THAT HABE WORKED FOR SOME OF THE LARGEST TECH COMPANIES IN THE WORLD. AND NOT IN THEIR MARKETING.

THEY APPLIED FOR AN INSTANT TRANACTION TECH PATENT THAT THEIR T-E-C-H GUYS INVENTED THAT SOLVES THE PROBLEM OF HAVING TO WAIT FOR CONFIRMATION
Bouli

Activity: 616
Merit: 104

https://t.me/Zenzo_Telegram

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 11:38:34 AM

It isn't a scam, but they lack on development. Transactions failing and stucking up, still no app on the iPhone, wallet is super slow.  It has been months since they launched it all and still no serious improvements.

Not to speak about the distribution of the bounty rewards, which they totally screwed up.

THEY APPLIED FOR AN INSTANT TRANACTION TECH PATENT THAT THEIR T-E-C-H GUYS INVENTED THAT SOLVES THE PROBLEM OF HAVING TO WAIT FOR CONFIRMATION

Just like they invented their own blockchain? Which is "just" a fork. Instant transactions is nothing new a few other coins already have it. It's all just a trick to get the hype going again, people are not falling for it and it reflects on the price.

All is see how many users they got and bla bla bla, all marketing stuff.

https://github.com/electroneum

kotulo

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:39:42 AM

Of course it is impossible to know for sure
Driggers95

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:42:55 AM

Where is the marketing? I doxed the dev team, which wasn't too hard when they post all their LinkedIn. They are big players in the internet marketing industry in England. They can do it for free!?! I even looked up the coins head guy Richard Ells and called his headquarters. I asked the secretary about Electroneum? I was transfered to a guy that asked me how he could help me with my questions. So I asked, "why aren't you marketing this ICO?". He said, "they are and more is coming." Do you see any marketing? WTF.

The ICO starts in 3 days!!

EDIT

No, it is definately not a scam.

They have raised 3 million already.

I was worried about the marketing, but now I see their ads everwhere I go on the internet, so the guy wasnt kidding when he said the marketing is coming!!

Damn!!! Ive never seen a coin hit mainstream news sites!!!

Now you can see the price of ETN. ETN never scam. That is a perfect project. We can exploit ETN on our android phone. I think it is a potential project and can grow

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
camillesalazar00

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:47:11 AM

Not sure if an actual scam but a stupid project. People have realized that giving coins (money) away for free isn't much of a business plan.
contraband

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:17:50 PM

but they lack on development

Applying for a patent is "lacking development"?

Transactions failing and stucking up

This is because even Rich himself, along with everyone else, couldnt DREAM of this kind of growth so quickly.

Yes, they forked Monero, a top ten coin with VERY COMPETENT DEVELOPERS, which everyone thought would be able to handle the projected growth, but the # of users is OFF THE CHARTS!!! The Monero cryptonight algo couldnt handle the MASSIVE AMOUNT of users - TRANSACTIONS.

THE AMOUNT OF TRANSACTIONS ETN HAS HAD ALREADY SURPASSED THE AMOUNT OF MONERO HAS HAD IN ITS ENTIRE HISTORY!!!

It has been months since they launched it all and still no serious improvements.

Other than what Ive already went over upthread, Ive been saying to community since the very beginning, that this is a serious project, currently building a product that can compete on a global scale, not only with crypto projects, but with international corporations that have already achieved mass adoption and success IN THE REAL WORLD.

JUST AS NONE OF OUR COMPETITORS HAVE ACHIEVED SUCCESS "IN MONTHS", YOU CAN NOT APPLY WHAT I CALL "OLD CRYPTO TIME" IN WHICH A DAY IS A WEEK/MONTH IN CRYPTO, BUT IN REAL TIME THAT PROJECTS ON THIS LEVEL OPERATE.

Just like they invented their own blockchain? Which is "just" a fork. Instant transactions is nothing new a few other coins already have it. It's all just a trick to get the hype going again, people are not falling for it and it reflects on the price.

All is see how many users they got and bla bla bla, all marketing stuff.

Users are just "bla bla marketing"Huh?

ETN is well on its way to successfully becoming the crypto with the most users/largest network

A project with this success that is sitting at a price of around 3 cents, is the investment you yourself should be looking for

Marketing is not a bad thing, but their marketing campaign hasnt even started yet. Yet still we see unheard of growth for a crypto.

Rich Ells:

Electroneum – Tech Update, Instant Payment Patent & More –

Faster growth than Twitter & Facebook –

We are already up there with some of the greats. Think about it, we’ve already shown that we can grow faster than Twitter, Facebook and Dropbox (we hit 1m users after 5 months of being live – Twitter took 2 years, Facebook 10 months and Dropbox 7 months).

Now think what we can do with a global patent that enables us to transact any cryptocurrency instantly into any shop or ecommerce system, coupled with a method to introduce new users to cryptocurrency in their millions.

I hope you are as excited about the future as I am.

Don’t worry about the future of Electroneum, we are building strong foundations to ensure we deliver what we’ve always promised. Cryptocurrency mass adoption. It’s coming…

Richard Ells - Electroneum Founder

Sure, I myself being ETNs Community Manager here on Bitcointalk have bias, but I dont see how anyone can discount these above facts stated by Rich.

He has also recently called attention to these additional facts and stats:

-The ICO closed early as the hardcap of $40,000,000 was reached from 120,000 individual investors

-Now over 1 Million user accounts have been created

-1/2 Million App downloads

-Currently there are 11 Signed Agreements of Partnerships giving ETN access to over 130 MILLION USERS from these companies

allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:33:02 AM

I remember posting on this thread several months ago, and I still don't think it is a scam. The project may not have been perfect, and has faced some delays but I have yet to see any of Q4 2017 ICOs fully launch a product or one that has so many projects in process. Even with delays, I think it is important to note that price is still at 2x price from ICO w/out bonus (and even higher for those that invested early with the different bonuses).

I do appreciate the constant updates from the team, and I like how they are going beyond the Mobile Miner Experience that was so heavily advertised during ICO. In case you have missed the team's news, make sure you take some time to read the blog section of the Electroneum website (https://electroneum.com/blog/). Some recent posts have covered the following:
- Network Upgrade (May 17th): https://electroneum.com/2018/05/17/critical-electroneum-network-upgrade/
- Weekly Update: Instant Payments (May 11th): https://electroneum.com/2018/05/11/weekly-update-bbc-ditch-it-instant-payments-and-more/
- New Weekly Update (May 4th): https://electroneum.com/2018/05/04/new-weekly-update/
- Blockchain Update (April 25th): https://electroneum.com/2018/04/25/blockchain-update/
- Tech Update (April 6th): https://electroneum.com/2018/04/06/electroneum-tech-update-instant-payment-patent-more/
- Facebook Live Q&A w/ Richard Ells (March 16th): https://electroneum.com/2018/03/16/facebook-live/
johnfegan

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:34:17 AM

a pretty old topic as I see. It is def. not a scam and the team are just rockstars my friend and it will be huge for the British market. By the way, they will be in Mobile World Congress which will happen soon in Spain.
bamita138

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:34:03 AM

I don't think that cause Electroneum is a brand new British cryptocurrency launching via an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
invicta

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:39:38 AM

a pretty old topic as I see. It is def. not a scam and the team are just rockstars my friend and it will be huge for the British market. By the way, they will be in Mobile World Congress which will happen soon in Spain.

'Rockstars', haha, good one  Roll Eyes

MWC has been and gone this year...

The team are egocentric jokers - they are all about marketing (which they are clearly good at judging by how many people they're duped) but zero technical expertise, it's all just copying Monero - slowly and badly.
Devanomrz

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 10:45:04 AM

I think electroneum is not a scam
But their project was so slow
And make the price drop
The ATH it's about 1k
Now it's about 300
KseniaLard

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:05:47 PM

Electroneum will never be so big simply because of the market capitalization of a huge 21 billion deliveries. The most that he can achieve is 21-billion market capitalization at a price of $ 1 / T. This suggests that he receives a massive adoption. Let's be a little more realistic.
Jessy Mediola

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:15:14 PM

Where is the marketing? I doxed the dev team, which wasn't too hard when they post all their LinkedIn. They are big players in the internet marketing industry in England. They can do it for free!?! I even looked up the coins head guy Richard Ells and called his headquarters. I asked the secretary about Electroneum? I was transfered to a guy that asked me how he could help me with my questions. So I asked, "why aren't you marketing this ICO?". He said, "they are and more is coming." Do you see any marketing? WTF.

The ICO starts in 3 days!!

EDIT

No, it is definately not a scam.

They have raised 3 million already.

I was worried about the marketing, but now I see their ads everwhere I go on the internet, so the guy wasnt kidding when he said the marketing is coming!!

Damn!!! Ive never seen a coin hit mainstream news sites!!!

Electroneum is not a scam. Electroneum is a new crypto mining which you can earn income through standing it  for couple of hours. This currency is very slow and has a low value. And every hour or maybe a day the price drops which is not good. So better to engage in other currency that is tested and peoven by many people.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: