Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:11:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104873 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:36:39 AM

maybe people who say fraud is the one who feels the loss in this project, but some people say this is a very good project, so in my opinion this is a form of disappointment for the person who is disadvantaged from this project ... sorry if I'm wrong ...

It would be a decent project but it's spearheaded by an inexperienced yet egocentric team. Richard Ells has little credibility even outside of blockchain, and none within. It's probably not an intentional scam, but the way it's being pumped today, it has real Ponzi-like qualities.

Ponzi?

LOL

Anyway, looks like you did well, even tho this is only a tiny fraction of where ETN is going

You said you were only going in for short term. Sell already or do you expect to see more before you sell? I would go for long term, but you know what I think lol

Must be happy you invested
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:43:19 AM

I can tell you just by reading the name that it probably is a scam. Of course it is impossible to know for sure, but 99% of altcoins are pump and dumps. Tongue
that sounds better. if ico is successful, it means that altcoin is pumped, if it fails then it is a dump or even a scam. that's what really exists in the altcoin.
invicta

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:02:26 AM

maybe people who say fraud is the one who feels the loss in this project, but some people say this is a very good project, so in my opinion this is a form of disappointment for the person who is disadvantaged from this project ... sorry if I'm wrong ...

It would be a decent project but it's spearheaded by an inexperienced yet egocentric team. Richard Ells has little credibility even outside of blockchain, and none within. It's probably not an intentional scam, but the way it's being pumped today, it has real Ponzi-like qualities.

Ponzi?

LOL

Anyway, looks like you did well, even tho this is only a tiny fraction of where ETN is going

You said you were only going in for short term. Sell already or do you expect to see more before you sell? I would go for long term, but you know what I think lol

Yes, Ponzi. Someone has taken responsibility for pumping it, FOMO driving the price up further and then bringing it back down again - that is, the last investors will get burned and the early ones make the money.

I’m going to milk it for all it’s worth then get out before it goes pear-shaped, as in beyond the point of no return.

I’m happy I made money, I’m not happy it was at the expense of my integrity doing it off the back of something I don’t believe in.

It is not a tiny fraction of anything, if you think 800 BTC worth of trade will flow through ETN each day then you are gravely mistaken. Also, what is this about locked wallets, not the first time it’s happened either is it?
EventChain

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:12:57 AM

Nope, I don't think that cause Electroneum is a brand new British cryptocurrency launching via an Initial Coin Offering (ICO).
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:07:47 AM

When the Electroneum was conducting a bounty campaign, many at some point thought they were scammers and left the campaign - lucky ones who stayed in it and got a good payment!
When i was starting here in cryptocurrency a lot of people in my country is promoting electroneum and i am confident that it is not a scam, electroneum have raised a lot of money on there ico and even i dont invent on it, i know it is not a scam.

Definitely, Electroneum is not a scam. ETN is a privacy coin, a mobile-based platform and it is designed for smartphone users, more than 2 billion I guess. It can also be mined via smartphones, however, I don't know if it's productive.

Salesman4coinZ

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:22:28 AM

So since the first announcement of the electroneum project, people are screaming that the whole project its a scam. Maybe they have high goals, but i wouldn say that the project is a scam. When you look back, the initial coin offering of electroneum was very successfull. And since then they are always working on their projects and update them immidiately. So electroneum its for sure no scam. So you dont have to worry that you money is gone when you invest in etn.
invicta

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:45:01 AM

When the Electroneum was conducting a bounty campaign, many at some point thought they were scammers and left the campaign - lucky ones who stayed in it and got a good payment!
When i was starting here in cryptocurrency a lot of people in my country is promoting electroneum and i am confident that it is not a scam, electroneum have raised a lot of money on there ico and even i dont invent on it, i know it is not a scam.

Definitely, Electroneum is not a scam. ETN is a privacy coin, a mobile-based platform and it is designed for smartphone users, more than 2 billion I guess. It can also be mined via smartphones, however, I don't know if it's productive.

The one thing it’s not is a ‘privacy coin’...
trilade

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:18:20 PM

If you don't have an ID or you are not happy to provide your personal details for KYC (according to their privacy policy they will give your data out to 3rd parties) then you can complain about the service on the following link:

UK Information Commissioner’s Office
https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/make-a-complaint

According to EU data protection laws, they can't force you to provide personal details in order to send away your coins (they are not a bank)

It would be also good to ask officials to investigate how exactly these guys storing all the 2 million user's data, as their privacy policy doesn't explain this.
jon0008

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:23:39 PM

its not scam, i think it 1 of the source of mining. you can use your rig and phone to mine in Electronium. Electronium also have a lot of project coming. so i think it is now the time to buy more electronium for the future Smiley
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:25:22 PM

why electroneum scam? they even have their own working block, there is no such thing for scam, but it’s just my opinion

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:27:39 PM

If you paid attention, then when the BTC started to rise in price, then on the coinmarketcap the first positions were occupied by Electroneum. I think it's hard to call a scam project if it is so badly needed by someone.
invicta

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:46:47 PM

its not scam, i think it 1 of the source of mining. you can use your rig and phone to mine in Electronium. Electronium also have a lot of project coming. so i think it is now the time to buy more electronium for the future Smiley

Please go and educate yourself. You can't mine with a rig unless 'rig' means ASIC because they made sure of that, so much for decentralised and for the people. All this weekend showed is that the daily trade volume is so bad anyone with a reasonable amount of money can manipulate the price, that's why it rocketed before the weekend and then dropped back as those people dumped leaving idiots with bags of overpriced coins.

If you paid attention, then when the BTC started to rise in price, then on the coinmarketcap the first positions were occupied by Electroneum. I think it's hard to call a scam project if it is so badly needed by someone.

Because the price was manipulated by people/entities pumping and dumping it, go look at the charts and make your own mind up... of course, any fanboy will tell you it's not that but please explain why a coin would go from 30 BTC trade per day up to 800 BTC and don't say it's Instant Payments...
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1652
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:08:55 PM

Although I did not like it very much since the first day I learned this proyeji, I have done little research about it. Contrary to the projects in the market, it seems to be a better project, but it is possible to say that there is not a very high quality project compared to some projects. Therefore, I think it would be more appropriate to make a general evaluation rather than evaluating the project. Just like every ICO project, this project contains some risks and does not offer a guarantee of income. Of course, it would not be appropriate to make an evaluation of the project technology, project objectives and project team in detail, but I think it is at the same risk level as a standard ICO project.
trilade

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:21:07 PM

Because the price was manipulated by people/entities pumping and dumping it, go look at the charts and make your own mind up... of course, any fanboy will tell you it's not that but please explain why a coin would go from 30 BTC trade per day up to 800 BTC and don't say it's Instant Payments...

These guys are just here to bury real user comments

I have already complained about the way these guys fishing for personal information in order to re-instate your access to the token they have created.

UK Information Commissioner’s Office
https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/make-a-complaint

I find it unrealistic asking for my personal data so I maybe one day I will spend my coins with their instant payment system.
Also find it unrealistic to limit my access to funds so they get a better deal with their partners.

This is a serious problem, we're talking about 2 million people personal data
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:35:35 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 02:11:25 AM by contraband

Ponzi?

LOL

Yes, Ponzi. Someone has taken responsibility for pumping it, FOMO driving the price up further and then bringing it back down again - that is, the last investors will get burned and the early ones make the money.

I’m going to milk it for all it’s worth then get out before it goes pear-shaped, as in beyond the point of no return.

I’m happy I made money, I’m not happy it was at the expense of my integrity doing it off the back of something I don’t believe in.

It is not a tiny fraction of anything, if you think 800 BTC worth of trade will flow through ETN each day then you are gravely mistaken. Also, what is this about locked wallets, not the first time it’s happened either is it?

Responsible citation?

800 will be well surpassed

They upgraded and once finished, most found that when they logged out and back in they were fine

The couple people reporting they are still receiving the message, have/should create ticket, as this is not common

Enivitable with a project which has a level of centralization to it. Sometimes being a decentralized-centralized hybrid is a double edge sword.

You really shouldnt feel bad because ETN is a crypto, and like any legit crypto, it has dynamics that a ponzi doesnt have, as they are not alike in definition.
xenia4774 (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:15:20 AM

I just snipped a previous "ruined my phone" fake post.

I am not a person for censorship but I will delete outright lies.
We all know that the phone doesn't mine. The "mining experience" uses a very small amount of the phones resources. It does not damage the phone in any way.
CharlieCox

Activity: 212
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:31:54 AM

Their wallet service - users doesn't have access to their private keys.
This gives them absolute freedom over user funds.

Exactly, and I'll just drop this here: https://youtu.be/pa447maMFLQ?t=14m50s
invicta

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:26:26 AM

Ponzi?

LOL

Responsible citation?

800 will be well surpassed

They upgraded and once finished, most found that when they logged out and back in they were fine

The couple people reporting they are still receiving the message, have/should create ticket, as this is not common

Enivitable with a project which has a level of centralization to it. Sometimes being a decentralized-centralized hybrid is a double edge sword.

You really shouldnt feel bad because ETN is a crypto, and like any legit crypto, it has dynamics that a ponzi doesnt have, as they are not alike in definition.

Reasonable citation? Go and follow anything in the Discord or Telegram, there is some serious dick-swinging going on with people claiming to be pouring money in to be driving the price up, this is insider trading, not that it matters and yes, you are right, it is not a 'Ponzi' in that respect but it mimics a lot of the qualities of one. When that pump finished a lot of people were left with overpriced coins at 200+ sats and yes, if you blindly believe, then 200+ sats is cheap but if you are a sceptic, you've been done. A normal increase in trade volume is under 100% for a good pump, 2600% or whatever it was is manipulation by an entity, even you can't pretend that you can't see it. Also, it's well known by now that most fanboys are sitting on bags waiting for it to moon, they are not trading. And before you say but 'people can manipulate any coin', you can surely see that when a coin has crap trade volume normally, all it took was a few million USD to swing it - the only people who can do that with BTC, XRP, ETH, etc. are mega-corporations and global banks; ETN was affected by the sounds of it by a few wealthy individuals.

I can't see how there is much element of decentralisation to this at all any more; majority of the miners are ASICs in China built by one or two companies, the wallet service and Instant Payments all flows through their servers (which are notoriously unreliable) and that doesn't mean it can't work but please show, by example, where the decentralisation is for this coin because I am struggling to see it.

I don't think I'll get through to you and honestly, that's just fine, this thing is going to implode on itself the way it's going. Everyone loves a coin when it's rising in price but when it crashes down, it's going to be a lot worse than the last time.

My wallet wasn't affected but I'm not storing the amount of coins I have in their wallet only for it to be locked by KYC or because Ells is having a bad day.
CharlieCox

Activity: 212
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:07:44 PM

I'm not storing the amount of coins I have in their wallet only for it to be locked by KYC or because Ells is having a bad day.

I've transferred my ETN coins from the ETN mobile miner / wallet to another address since not my keys, not my coins. I've deleted the mobile miner from my phone.
onebtcforlife

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:17:21 PM

I think Electroneum is not a scam because they launched a mobile mining smartphone according to what they mentioned on the roadmap. Oftenly they are giving update their progress about their development and their partnership with the other companies. Recently they launched the payment system.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: