Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:34:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] [NaPoleonX] 1st 🌟French🌟 algorithmic crypto asset manager 🚀  (Read 70094 times)
nazareth flith

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:26:37 PM

i'm not really sure about this project but i hope dev and team will keep hard work to realize his destiny.
good luck dev and team, waiting for bounty program of the project.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KryptoKings (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:32:25 PM

Using bot for trading is something that i interested a lot but never trusted enough to do it.

With this size of product, trust won't be an issue.

But there is another issue is make me think, if napoleonx get successful and have mass usage, so how will it earn money?

For make profit in trading someone should also lose. And if the market becomes one very big trader, who will it gonna beat to make profit?

Hello levyashin,

We understand your first point, since efficient and performing trading bots are really very seldom. Because it is hard to design ones that may handle several market configurations without overfitting.

When DAF will earn performance from the trading bots they use, they will pay 25% of such performance as gas, that will be given to the NPX token holders for 85%; 15% being for Napoleon Crypto.

So for the NPX tokens holders to get more gas, we will need manage as many DAF as possible, to make them grow and to make them perform. That’s what we did in the real world, that what we will do in the crypto world, and that’s our plan.

Ultimately, the losers will be the small players, and as we think will be more and more true, the humans trying to be better at trading than bots. ☺
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:32:16 PM

Using bot for trading is something that i interested a lot but never trusted enough to do it.

With this size of product, trust won't be an issue.

But there is another issue is make me think, if napoleonx get successful and have mass usage, so how will it earn money?

For make profit in trading someone should also lose. And if the market becomes one very big trader, who will it gonna beat to make profit?

Hello levyashin,

We understand your first point, since efficient and performing trading bots are really very seldom. Because it is hard to design ones that may handle several market configurations without overfitting.

When DAF will earn performance from the trading bots they use, they will pay 25% of such performance as gas, that will be given to the NPX token holders for 85%; 15% being for Napoleon Crypto.

So for the NPX tokens holders to get more gas, we will need manage as many DAF as possible, to make them grow and to make them perform. That’s what we did in the real world, that what we will do in the crypto world, and that’s our plan.

Ultimately, the losers will be the small players, and as we think will be more and more true, the humans trying to be better at trading than bots. ☺

Thank you for your explanation.

I have been lots of icos thread, first time i saw a dev that give very detailed answers to every question. I want to thank you for that too. It makes me think, i chose a right ico to invest.

the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:47:00 PM

this looks interesting. but will the investors receive a part of the profit? I haven't seen anything about that. TAAS for instance give a quarterly payment of 50% of the profit generated. Will you do something similar?

I just scanned the website and whitepaper, but can't seem to find the function of the NPX token itself. Will check in more detail later.

Anyone from the team that can elaborate?

Hello PS92,

The NPX token holders will have the possibility :
•   to access the updated audits of the several trading bots,
•   to regularly vote for the eligibility of the new trading bots,
•   to regularly vote for the creation of new DAFs,
•   to monitor the token events and performance of each DAF,
•   to have access to relevant documentation on trading bots,
•   and to access its own account and reporting on gas perceived.
Besides the right to the gas generated by each DAF, the NPX token holders shall be granted a preference right on the subscription of every DAF’s ICO:
•   exclusive access to a pre-sale (white-listing) to secure a minimal amount equivalent to 15 000 ETH in total,
•   bonus of 15% on the pre-sale.

Hope it is clearer?

much better thank you. this project is certainly interesting and worth watching.

KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:53:54 PM

Understood the concept and idea behind making an algorithmic crypto asset management but why the name related to Napolean.? French based company or Napolean had any relations with crypto currencies.  Huh

The whole concept is still unclear to me. Could you please explain it in a bit plain laguage?

Hello pynetx,

We, the founders, specialized in designing quantitative and highly scalable trading strategies, i.e. trading bots able to handle very large amount of investment.

From that expertise, we will launch the first algorithmic crypto-asset manager, and we propose to the community to be part of it. After the ICO, we will create investment vehicles (DAF: Decentralized Autonomous Funds) that will use the trading bots to deliver performance. NPX tokens holders will then benefit from 85% of the gas consumed by the DAF to use the bots (25% of the Performance). The more the DAF and the more the performance, the more gas will be distributed.

Is it clearer?
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:58:28 PM

A trading bot to manage crypto assets? And what the holders of the tokens will receive, I still do not understand. How to apply tokens, I did not find in the documents, or did not see. From the video viewing is also not clear. Developers need to explain these issues in more detail.

Hello viljy,

Our trading bot are not design to give you a diversifying strategy, they are designed to generate performance. Either from the crypto, or from the real assets. In both case, such trading bots are embedded into a DAO and the performance is brought back to the crypo world.

NPX token holders will be awarded with 85% of the gas (Performance Fees generated by all the DAFs) and will be paid each month in DAF tokens.

Is it clearer?
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:02:50 PM

Another very well thought out project with investor security in mind. I like the soft cap refund option through smart contracts. Does anyone know how to verify these things? Because I don't. I would like to see this one succeed. I sure as hell can't afford a gunbot license. I would like to try a trading bot .

Hello CHRISBIN702,

We will release our smart-contracts on github very soon. And this is on it. Basically they have been inspired by the works of Consensys and Open Zeppelin.

Thanks for the support !
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:10:39 PM

Looks like another idea to make more easy for investors to handle this complicated crypto world. It might attract more money into this field, so I guess it might be a positive factor for the entire crypto revolution.

However I agree with other comments, it is still a bit not so clear...

Hello yeswepump,

I think the main difference with other projects your are referring to, is that we have done that before, and on huge amount of investments! And we will apply these best hedge fund techniques in the crypto world, and also in the real assets world, bringing back the performance into the crypto-world.

I let you read a previous answer.

Interesting project. Will read up on the whitepaper and revert back with any extra information or questions that i have.
But basically as far as i understand this ICO will create a trading bot for S&P 500 and so on?

Hello niklasmato,

Initially, we have developed quantitative strategies for the biggest indices in the real word (S&P500, Eurostox50, FTSE, etc). And we do low frequency strategies (at most one trade per day at close). There are several reasons for that, notably liquidity and execution risk. When you do arbitrage techniques or high frequency trading, you can’t scale. You are doing good return, but you have huge execution risks (meaning you can easily lose money because of a tech pb) and you can’t scale that. By doing low frequency trading strategies, we have no tech issue and we can scale. Meaning, you will get the same risk/return, even with more than 1 billion on it!

So why aren’t all people doing low frequency strategies? Because doing low frequency strategies that gives a good return/risk ration is hard, even very hard! And we have developed such very good strategies for a long time now and used it at the personal level. You can find some of them in our Blackpaper. But, we want of course to continue on improving them also.

We want to bring this potential to the crypto-world. With both strategies on real-assets (S&P500, etc), that would be however hedged in ETH or BTC (meaning you will bring back the performance in the real world to increase the nb of ETH or BTC that the DAF holds), but also on crypto-assets. Liquidity and volumes on crypto-assets are still very low from our perspective, but the market is exponential, and by starting now, we will be in a great position when it will become bigger within 2 to 3 years.

At last, the NaPoleonX ICO is to fund the crypto-asset manager that will launch the strategies. These strategies will be embedded into specific crypo-vehicle called DAF, for Decentralized Autonomous Fund. Do not hesitate to ask more questions if needed.

KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:15:38 PM

I hope someone from the team will feedback on the questions asked in this thread, most specificaly I think the securities questions needs to be adressed.

Hello Cauchy,

We quite agree on your previous post ☺

For the securities issue, we have work with our lawyers (Fieldfisher and LEAX) in order to structure the NPX token as a utility token. With the NaPoleonX ICO, we will acquire an asset management license to create and run the DAFs.
Hope it clarifies your point?
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:22:55 PM

So i've been reading about the DAF's and i'm glad you guys are not only incorporating cryto assets, but also real world assets to allow for a big diversity of DAF's with ranging risk/reward. I've previously invested in Iconomi and so far have been a bit disappointed with them.

A few questions come to mind. I don't see any mention of the recent SEC ruling (don't think it's official yet?) that tokens are securities. If this ruling does go through, will you guys have any trouble with this? Will all trading done by the trading bots in the DAF's (always) be fully autonomous? I know the DAF stands for Decentralized Autonomous Funds, so the assumption is that the trading is fully autonomous, but in some cases i can imagine that a human can give the final OK on a trade. For instance when large amounts are being traded, big risks, certain news coming out (especially with crypto assets), etc. 

Anyway, you already got me as far as registering my e-mail  Cheesy

Exactly, the connection between crypto and real world assets is what sets this project apart from others. Real world financial instruments are (unfortunately) still the norm.

KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:24:19 PM

I hope someone from the team will feedback on the questions asked in this thread, most specificaly I think the securities questions needs to be adressed.

Yeah, there are couple things which neither clear from the video nor from the white paper.

Hello pynetx,

Can you be more specific? We answered in previous posts, maybe you will find your answer?
iad_xo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:27:15 PM

is this only going to support trading in crypto market only?
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:31:20 PM

NaPoleonX has been invited to BECON blockchain event in Barcelonna as SPEAKER in October! The presentation at the London crypto financing got a lot of attention!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Just look next to EOS, Cindicator and KIK  !! http://www.becon.global/exhibitors-crypto-london/

On of the 3 founders will speak : http://www.becon.global/speakers-crypto-london/

Meanwhile, If you have some group or channel in telegram with decent influence with the crypto/ trading/ ICO community please contact me DM cryptoyosh.[/color]

Will you be livestreaming this event? I'm very much interested in the presentation.

@KryptoKings,

Thanks for answering my earlier questions. I understand that for most markets a trading bot can make more accurate decisions then humans party because of the lack of the emotional factor. I'm happy humans are still involved with crypto DAFs because current exchanges require it.

In regards to the graph you showed, of course the basic principle of buy low and sell high (and leverage) will generate profit, but will shorting also be used when there is a bear market?

I'm also happy you guys are making blogs like https://medium.com/proof-of-performance/proof-of-performance-blockchain-applied-to-trading-6e30404a9754 If the above mentioned conference and your presentation there is not livestreamed, will you maybe make a blog about it?
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:49:21 PM

Great that there is an active dev here on the thread answering all the questions!
That will give some trust to all possible investors.

I joined the translation campaign, so cant wait to dig into that Whitepaper and to know all about this great project!
Trading bots are so cool Wink
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:50:42 PM

Some projects make a little calculator tool, will you do one?

It's like:
User will write amount of npx you hold or thinking to hold or just random number just see the result
He will choose a revenue on menu,
and calculator gives the montly profit will token holder will get.
It gets very helpful when investing. You know what to expect.

Hello levyashin,

We will think about that. However, we have to check if it is possible to do so from a legal point of view. But the math is quite easy to do. You can get an idea of the performances of our trading bots from the blackpaper : http://www.napoleonx.ai/wp32Y878754/NapoleonXBlackpaper.pdf
From the performance, you derived the gas which equals 25% of the performance and then NPX tokens holders gets 85% of that. You will quickly see that it is a business volume. The more is raised in DAFs, the more to the NPX token holders at the end!
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:57:07 PM

Hello, I am just reading different announcements to learn more and this thread caught my attention. I am very sorry if still new with Crypto world. But can someone explain this to me with much technical terms?  I mean what's with service this project will provide to us, etc?

We already answered in a previous answer to a post. But if it is still not clear enough, please be more specific and we will answer.

Besides, you can ask us directly (if you attend the following conferences) since we will be speaker at:
•   The ICO Summit in Zurich on Friday 15th sept (Jean-Charles and Arnaud) https://icosummit.ch/zurich-2017/
•   The World Blockchain Forum in London 25-26th sept (Stéphane, JC and Arnaud) https://london.keynote.ae/
•   The blockchain solutions forum in Barcelona 5-6th oct (the 3): http://www.blockchainsolutionsforum.com/

KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:05:59 PM

For anyone looking to invest or just want to grasp the background of the Project idea I recommend to read their goldpaper on quant. mgmt. Found it easy to read and insightful since I dont have finance background. Best of luck to the team.

Hello Cauchy,

Thanks for the comment!

Can I ask why did you take this pseudo? Are you a mathematician?
For those who don’t know, Augustin Louis Cauchy (1789-1857) was a famous mathematician (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustin_Louis_Cauchy).

He did the same school (French term for the best french universities) as Stéphane and Arnaud: the Ecole Polytechnique (http://www.polytechnique.edu/) founded by Napoleon. But he ranked 2nd at the entry contest (basically, 2nd best student in France) and then became Professor at the Ecole polytechnique. He did some tremendous work on real numbers and have several theorem on his name. So good choice!

iad_xo

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:23:46 PM

is USA and China allowed to participate? also looking into more competitive analysis with other crypto in existance such as AIcoin, IFT or CDT
Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:24:19 PM

I think that a french friend told me about this ICO a while ago, that he knew a trader working for NapoleonX, I'll need to take a look into this. It could be interesting.
Voltaje

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:27:35 PM

I think that a french friend told me about this ICO a while ago, that he knew a trader working for NapoleonX, I'll need to take a look into this. It could be interesting.

Well, for me this is a new niche about trading, i don't see bot much in cryptos in general, people rather trade themselves rather than leave things to a machine, but if the bot (or algorithm) is complex enough, and proves to be incredibly reliable, then I don't see why people wouldn't give this a try.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: