Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:49:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] [NaPoleonX] 1st 🌟French🌟 algorithmic crypto asset manager 🚀  (Read 70117 times)
KryptoKings (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:03:49 PM

The current scenario accurately reflects the great usefulness and application of this concept, the lack of control by inexperienced and anxious people during devaluation, shows that the bots of this project will be very useful and will allow us to have more control and profits in those moments. An excellent investment for our future investments Wink
Maybe :/ im kind a sad if bots be only way we will be able to trade Cheesy whats the fun then ? if everything is going by AI? off course the profits will be grater but still .. i will miss the human factor ,to bad its inevitable and sooner or later AI will concur the exchanges so i try to hop in now Smiley

The thing is that I'm a bad trader because I'm too emotional. And, I can't think straight in dips so, bots can help me.
But dont AI trading will mess with market? i mean the new people will have a little chance to hop in and start trading because ai will control the market and i bet costs a lot of money in the future so it will be another -rich people geting richer market sphere Grin

At some point, it will becoma ai vs. ai, and better ai will win Smiley

Little investors would need to beat ai to earn some money.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. AI is far from being developed enough to make these decisions.

On the contrary. Algo/bot trading has been around for 40+ years (perhaps even longer). AI/Deep Learning is deployed at several brokerages and nische firms to do trading. I would assume they would be even more successful in crypto than traditional markets.

You could use AI / Deep learning for 2 different uses:
1. taking positions on a long term horizon for an investor
2. taking very short term position to optimize execution for a broker / market maker
AI algo will really depends on the quality of the data that will feed them

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PewPewGoesTheDuck

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:05:18 PM

I don't have the eth to invest at the moment. But I do have to commend you on being so responsive to everyone and their questions.
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 877

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:09:38 PM

The project is quite interesting, I even wanted to join a Twitter company: https://twitter.com/VViljy/status/910143847329656833

By the way, about the bot algorithm of an answer, I never saw it. Perhaps my poor English is guilty and the question is unclear, but yes, forget it. Smiley
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:10:49 PM

I believe in the bright future of this project,
as we see the team is very ambitious - I draw a conclusion from the listened speech at the summit in Zurich
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:18:07 PM

The Blackpaper mentions the Omni Layer protocol and Ethereum Futures. Does that mean Napoleon Crypto will setup their own exchange, so to speak?
Cauchy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:57:58 PM

First, thanks to the dev for being active and responsive to the questions in this thread. I Think this is a key element of success in both the short and long term. I have posted two questions earlier but to my knowledge has not received any response (appologies otherwise). I will in some extent rephrase the question and kindly ask for response when you have time.

1. Can you please breakdown the budget in more detail, the numbers look quite high and the inter-relations/proportions is not what I am used to
2. We have fiat-fiat algo trading, crypto-crypto algo trading, and now crypto-fiat algo trading (npx). What would be the benefit of this? funds need to be set aside to hedge the crypto-fiat risk and as well as other drawbacks. Im pretty sure im missing out on something but please help me understand this.

Best of luck with the Project.

I thought we had answered all questions but here are the answers again:
1. We have mentioned a 10,000 ETH to acquire an Asset Management licence knowing that it is a regulated activity. The implication is a heavy burden in terms of legal, compliance, risk, fund admin, market access, fund auditing ... There is a heavy cost in terms of setting up the structure knowing that the regulator requires that you have at least 3 years of cash flow ahead of you in order to make sure that any investor investing with this entity would not be at risk of having a bankrupt company as a fund provider. There is certainly a little bit of headroom here but not much in our opinion knowing that we are asking for funds in ETH and not in USD for our ICO. So if ETH skyrocket to 400 USD then we have more headroom and if it plummets down to 100-150 USD we will be very tight. With latest development in ETH price, we know that it is a possibility.
2. The crypto-fiat algo are really trying to benefit from the best of 2 worlds: market liquidity and algo robustness in the fiat world and tokenisation advantages of the crypto world. With the development of futures for ETH and BTC and the major cryptos, it will be more and more seamless to cross these initial borders. It really looks like an investor wanting to invest on USD assets but with a EUR exposure.

Thanks for your reply.

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:16:28 PM

Could you post results of what your system did during the very recent China debacle?
It would be very interesting to see how you tackled this problem Smiley

Yeah, that would be nice but I don't think product rolled out to production yet. Is it?

I think these kind of posts put the finger on some of the challenges the team is facing.

As said before, the beta version is ready, just we are strengthening security around it  and putting some paint on it to make it look nice. We want people to be able to judge by themselves not only trust us. It is very important to us.

Looking forward to see the beta in action. Will you release the beta before/during ICO?

I hope so. Making an investment to a living product way better to invest an idea, which is a good one but still. I prefer seing beta Smiley

Yes, that's what I am thinking too. Seeing the beta working during or especially before ICO would bring more trust to investors and could bring in a lot more people. The product sounds pretty nice on paper, but seeing it working would be the top sell argument Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:09:39 PM

It's hard to digest for some newbies all the stuff NaPoleonX is doing. It would be nice if team do some video presentation on it or some AMA.

Agree. A good start would be to explain the most common topics/questions in this bct thread. Im Reading this thread from time to time and it seems quite a few questions is reccurent, those should be a good basis. Also host AMA based of those.

Thanks for your remarks, taken into consideration, we should post some materials soon for sake of clarity!

I just love that you are so active and answer all questions from community. Keep it up!

They are active here, but they are also active in other social media, like telegram or redidt, they really care for the project, but NapoleonX is a little complicated for normal people, so being active is one thing they are doing well, now they need to make it very  easy to digest for people that don't know anything about bots, and how to use them.

I have some questions though, are you trying to get people that invest in real assets to get into the project? or just to use the services of NaPoleonX? because if we are trying to get investments from the crypto community, we would expect that all of the DAFs will be for trading in cryptocurrencies, even more so because the gas will be a token to be paid to token holders and srtategy providers, but most of them are for trading real assets, which are not tokenized, to my acknowledge at least, but just 2 DAFs are for BTC and ETH, at least, that is what I understood in the Blackpaper, so if somehow people started to use the DAFs for trading in the assets they were built for, how will they generate the DAF token that will be used as gas to give to Napoleon Crypto and token holders?, those assets will have to be tokenized and already being traded in an excahnge or somehwere, or Do all DAFs will be used for trading cryptocurrencies?, and if that is the case? which crypocurrencies will the first 10 DAFs be trading and can be traded when the ecosystem goes online next year?

We have developed algos that are capable of earning regular money both in traditional asset and crypto space, even though we have much more to offer in the traditional asset space at this stage. Then the rest is a question of structuring and proposing this to the investors with money, regardless of where they are coming from. You have to realize than any asset performance is composed of 2 elements: performance in base currency and currency effect. For us cryptos can be seen as assets or currencies. For BTC and ETH, the currency characteristics are more natural vs small cryptos that act more like small caps.
DAF will just use assets wherever they are and convert their performance in their currency of issuance. Here we have thought of ETH because smartcontracting is natural for systematic trading. But if BTC develop anysuch feature we could also launch funds in BTC.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:15:30 PM

According to the Whitepaper 10,000 ETH will be used for Asset Management licenses to trade on exchanges. Wow, are those licenses really that expensive?

We understand your reaction, but you have to bear in mind that we will need to have a regulatory proof set up which will include: asset management capabilities, risk function and tools, compliance function and monitoring tools, marketing functions, sales functions, PR, trading tools for execution, reporting, audit ... In France the regulator (AMF) require that you have 3 years of spending ahead of you to make sure that the asset manager will be around for a while. This is a big constraint on top of experience requirement need to get such licencing.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:22:07 PM

What is the relation between Napoleon Capital and Napoleon Crypto? Is Napoleon Crypto a subsidiary or spin-off of the parent company Napoleon Capital?

As sponsor of the project, Napoleon Capital has already granted Napoleon Crypto the exclusivity of its production of trading bots for the crypto ecosystem.

That's worded as if they are separate entities, but it seems the same people are involved in both.

Napoleon Capital is a company that we launched last year and that is only involved in the traditional asset space. We use this entity to own our proprietary algos. Any clients that we would have would not be crypto holders but fiat holders. Looking at the developments in the crypto universe we found that there was a need for an asset manager (not just a fund) that would specialized on algo trading, where we are coming from. Napoleon Capital, is just the sponsor of this project and allow us to pay for the development of this project.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:25:24 PM

what about total supply of napoleonx project? i think this is best time to invest on this project.

We will be selling NPX tokens at a rate of 0.01 ETH / NPX and create less than 17;500,000 NPX depending on the amount raised and the bonus take up. At least, 70% of the tokens should be sold to ICO investors.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:29:17 PM

Hey guys, I am trying to read our whitepaper and I struggle to understand it. Do you guys have any link to blog post or youtube vids that can explain things a  bit easier for a non techy person. I think this will help
myself and other investors who are interested in investing, but are not tech savy

We understnad that the subject is not always easy to understand. As we have been for too long in this business we tend sometimes to forget it. I can point you to our video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfcbzt6sWvE or to the latest presentation we did in ZUrich https://fr.slideshare.net/Project_NapoleonX/napoleonx-zurich?qid=a3fda9cf-6b49-48fd-9917-89a86bbe3bff&v=&b=&from_search=1. I hope it helps a little bit in getting to understand what we are proposing.
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:34:27 PM

It's hard to digest for some newbies all the stuff NaPoleonX is doing. It would be nice if team do some video presentation on it or some AMA.

Agree. A good start would be to explain the most common topics/questions in this bct thread. Im Reading this thread from time to time and it seems quite a few questions is reccurent, those should be a good basis. Also host AMA based of those.

Thanks for your remarks, taken into consideration, we should post some materials soon for sake of clarity!

I just love that you are so active and answer all questions from community. Keep it up!

They are active here, but they are also active in other social media, like telegram or redidt, they really care for the project, but NapoleonX is a little complicated for normal people, so being active is one thing they are doing well, now they need to make it very  easy to digest for people that don't know anything about bots, and how to use them.

I have some questions though, are you trying to get people that invest in real assets to get into the project? or just to use the services of NaPoleonX? because if we are trying to get investments from the crypto community, we would expect that all of the DAFs will be for trading in cryptocurrencies, even more so because the gas will be a token to be paid to token holders and srtategy providers, but most of them are for trading real assets, which are not tokenized, to my acknowledge at least, but just 2 DAFs are for BTC and ETH, at least, that is what I understood in the Blackpaper, so if somehow people started to use the DAFs for trading in the assets they were built for, how will they generate the DAF token that will be used as gas to give to Napoleon Crypto and token holders?, those assets will have to be tokenized and already being traded in an excahnge or somehwere, or Do all DAFs will be used for trading cryptocurrencies?, and if that is the case? which crypocurrencies will the first 10 DAFs be trading and can be traded when the ecosystem goes online next year?

We have developed algos that are capable of earning regular money both in traditional asset and crypto space, even though we have much more to offer in the traditional asset space at this stage. Then the rest is a question of structuring and proposing this to the investors with money, regardless of where they are coming from. You have to realize than any asset performance is composed of 2 elements: performance in base currency and currency effect. For us cryptos can be seen as assets or currencies. For BTC and ETH, the currency characteristics are more natural vs small cryptos that act more like small caps.
DAF will just use assets wherever they are and convert their performance in their currency of issuance. Here we have thought of ETH because smartcontracting is natural for systematic trading. But if BTC develop anysuch feature we could also launch funds in BTC.
I've got one question. NaPoleonX will be able to trade and makes profits on traditional assets like stocks, gold or Forex?
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:37:59 PM

I've read the papers but haven't found any mention of transaction fees. I don't know what the transaction fees are for the traditional markets with the licenses Napoleon Crypto is going to acquire (just like there are lower fees for market makers). But I can say for on crypto exchanges they are generally percentage based, 0.25% on Bittrex for example and 0.1% on Bitfinex, which could amount to quite a bit for high value transactions.

Now NapoleonX is focused on low frequency trading so transaction fees or miner fees may not be that relevant, but have such fees been taken into account?

That's a very good point that you are raising. For algo strategies you can include or not transaction fees knowing that in the traditional asset universe, they are very very low (a few bps) whereas for cryptos they are relatively quite high but will reduce overtime. Once they are down to a few bps, it would be odd to change the fee levels in the strategy index we are going to launch.
That is why we always, on our side, run backtest with 0 fees, but are completely conscious that execution will lead to tracking error. What is important is to monitor and manage this inherent tracking error. Using very low frequency, intervening at close is a way to tackle this. As an example, our algo on BTC vs USD trades around a dozen time per year with an over performance on simple buy and hold strategy of 100% annually. So multiply 12 x 1.0% and you would still get 88% approximately. In reality, it will be certainly much lower in terms of tracking error.
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:41:13 PM

what about total supply of napoleonx project? i think this is best time to invest on this project.

It's an important question. I myself want to know about the max supply.
Number of tokens is 17.500.000, i think its the max supply.

What i find even better is that 70% of all tokens go to ICO contributes. I'm pretty happy with this, way better then some teams who just hoard millions and millions for themselves.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:41:36 PM

Will there be future promotional videos that simplify the whole automation process,  and usability of this platform. You've already used a fairly straight forward approach, but NapoleonX only seems to be marketed toward the intermediary level investors. Is this the case?
   If not, what aproach will be taken to break down the basics of this system, to the the more casual investor? I myself, can grasp the concept of this platform, but there are some subtle complexities, that make you take a second, and third look, in the white & black papers, that boggle the mind at first glance.  Huh
Though I don't fully understand all aspects of the project, I'm quite sure you have something very unique here, on your hands!  Cool

We don't want to market our project only to knowledgeable investors but to everyone. However, it is true that finding the right communication is not easy for such a complex system. We have our latest presentation that we did in Zurich, maybe it can help a little. We should have an even simpler one for our upcoming event in London, but maybe it will be too simple. https://fr.slideshare.net/Project_NapoleonX/napoleonx-zurich?qid=a3fda9cf-6b49-48fd-9917-89a86bbe3bff&v=&b=&from_search=1
Overtime we will build our marketing material that will try to address different type of investors.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:43:23 PM

You are correct but in reality, the supply should be lower than that. It will of course depend on the amount raised but also on the take up for bonus (presale and ICO).
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:47:08 PM

that makes this ICO very attractive, the lower the number of max tokens , the higher their value in the long run.

In fact, the quantity is not that much important. What's important is the token price during the ICO.

I would add, what is important is the value of the token post ICO !!! both in the short, medium and long run. We believe that as a first mover, there is a lot of potential for our project, even though I am of course conflicted  Wink
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:54:21 PM

this is best way to invest on this platform. after ico keep investors and traders will be on this network for get benefits. i have a question is there napoleonx platform will bot trade on assets etc or project will hire best traders?

We will initially propose our existing library of bots to get the project started but NPX token holders will have the possibility to hire external strategy providers. Napoleon Crypto would simply act as an Advisor to help analyse and prepare an audit report for NPX token holders to take their own decision. We believe generating first interest by DAFs investors and setting a certain level for performance will attract only the best strategy providers for the benefit of NPX token holders
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:58:11 PM

Very nice communication management, NaPoleonX handle things very well.
They manage well the communication both in this topic and in social media too, just look at the thread, all questions have immediate answers
KryptoKings thank you for operative support
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: