Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:33:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO SCAM  (Read 8704 times)
gregi1 (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:30:21 PM

This is just to clearly warn others about this shady exchange.

They've been holding back user's funds for months now, e.g. https://imgur.com/a/w5uAJ and https://imgur.com/a/DNmzk
No help from support, every once in a while there's an automated and meaningless response, which I'm assuming is to buy them
more time to cover the tracks.

This firm, although apparently registered in the UK, appears to be run by some Ukrainians and even though I don't have anything
against the nation as such, if the combination of crypto an Russia/Ukraine doesn't raise your eyebrows then nothing will.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 08:33:19 PM

Follow the right format for reporting scams:

Code:
[b][color=black]What happened:: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Scammers Profile Link: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Reference Link: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Amount Scammed: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Payment Method: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Proof of Payment: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]PM/Chat Logs: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Additional Notes: [/color][/b]

See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260073.0.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:28:39 AM

They've been holding back user's funds for months now, e.g. https://imgur.com/a/w5uAJ and https://imgur.com/a/DNmzk
No help from support, every once in a while there's an automated and meaningless response, which I'm assuming is to buy them

This firm, although apparently registered in the UK, appears to be run by some Ukrainians and even though I don't have anything
against the nation as such, if the combination of crypto an Russia/Ukraine doesn't raise your eyebrows then nothing will.

Can you provide some more info?

I can see in the screenshots that these deposits and withdrawals are indeed pending. But that doesn't prove much, you have to give us more info in order for DT members to actually tag these people.

I've seen a lot of issues with deposits, and withdrawals pending recently and a lot of people are complaining. How did you come to the conclusion that they were based in Ukraine btw?
gregi1 (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:01:13 AM

I don't know where they're physically based at, but the firm's payroll is dominated by Ukrainian names, see https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/index/?keywords=cex.io&origin=GLOBAL_SEARCH_HEADER (login required).

As for pending deposits, if arresting a substantial amount of clients' funds for over 3 months with no feedback from the exchange isn't enough of a proof that somebody's scamming then what is?
How much do you need to wait to get convinced? 10 years? Google for CEX.IO + scam and see how the net is full of reports about them. The fact that they appear to do it selectively doesn't change anything, because it's one of the most popular scam schemes around. I'm soon gonna take a drive to what they advertise as their London office and we'll see what that really is.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:48:22 AM

You can message this person he's the admin or some representative from that platform https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=148073 or refer him to this thread instead so he can reply here and solved your issues.

Some people have some type of issues like you count with months already and got resolve like this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2151771.0.

EDIT: I message him/her to take a look to this thread.
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 09:42:58 AM

Good day. If you personally have any issues with deposits or withdrawals, please provide us with your User ID and we will make sure to solve it ASAP.
Also, if you have User IDs of the people, whose screenshots you posted here, please let us know as well, or let them contact us in this thread/via PM.
Thank you

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
gregi1 (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:03:20 PM

Well, we'll see what's your words worth. One of the ticket numbers is 306213, but I wonder what makes you declare it actionable asap, when
there was absolutely no progress on the matter for many weeks? Is this forum the official support channel or is it support.cex.io? Or maybe it's because
it's easier to buy back missing bitcoins after the prices have plummeted?
Andrew017

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:17:46 PM

Beware of these scammers. 3000 euros were transferred to them on 19th July 2017 by SEPA and that's it. They just stole the money! Avoid to deal with this scam company at any cost if you want your money to be safe!
CounterStrike

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:58:38 PM

Another zero proof report. There are some red flags though 4sure.
gregi1 (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:03:30 AM

So another week has passed, where's my money Mr. CEX?
todualex

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:12:09 PM

my case is exactly like this one but much worse.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2075979.0

almost 6 month is gone.

i have up to 100 emails of chatting with representative USELESS emails.

just for you to have picture about CEX support, i was told that my activities were suspicious.

i was and i am ready to assist.
i had to answer question:

1. where are these BTC coming from, okey i can understand their concern but answer was simple -MINING.

2. next question was to show proof of mining facility or mining machines - they got it.

3. next question was to prove that these miners were mine and provide documents from CUSTOMS to make sure i have imported it in my country properly (WTF?HuhHuh?)

4. next question was to show proof of purchase from manufacturer Cheesy  (again WTF???)   of course they got it.

i do not want to mention all those documents which i was asked to print-sign-scan and send back to support.

i have done everything they asked for. 6 month is gone.

last email was saying my case was very complicated and they had to pass it to another department.

i have answers and proofs of everything they want but still its same as when we started.

i think they are trying to find if there is something you cannot provide and thats it - they got money - but in my case they have failed. they got everything absolutely everything and still last email is exactly as i have received when i emailed them for the first time regarding this case - 6 month ago.

Good day. If you personally have any issues with deposits or withdrawals, please provide us with your User ID and we will make sure to solve it ASAP.
Also, if you have User IDs of the people, whose screenshots you posted here, please let us know as well, or let them contact us in this thread/via PM.
Thank you

Mr.Cex whats point of asking everybody user ID-s and details if there is no point of that?? you have my details as well, you promised to make it faster but... that was month ago or so....
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 09:46:44 AM

The conversation is privately held with the user in tickets.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
todualex

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:07:13 AM

ticket which takes FOREVER to solve, like mine?
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 02:40:58 PM

Could you please send you ticket number. We will check your case with our support team and return to you.Thank you in advance.

CostaRibeiro

Activity: 171
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:11:41 PM

I can't understand why people still uses CEX with so many great exchanges out there.
todualex

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:43:51 PM

Could you please send you ticket number. We will check your case with our support team and return to you.Thank you in advance.

yes sure, request# 183165
pinky

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:08:26 PM

I can't understand why people still uses CEX with so many great exchanges out there.

I am really feeling comfortable with Cex.io.There is almost second to none feature on this great exchange: Instant withdraw funds to any Visa/Mastercard. I love this function and believe me i dont have any connection with this exchange(This isnt paid post or something like that).

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
todualex

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:13:49 AM

yeah everybody is setisfied before you face some issues. i was like that as well...

today i got another email Smiley  look like others i got before but i hope it will fix my issues at this https://preview.ibb.co/bVBqPQ/5_B6117_EF_3_D75_41_AA_81_F7_8_E29_FFD09_AD3.jpg
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:33:39 PM

yeah everybody is setisfied before you face some issues. i was like that as well...

today i got another email Smiley  look like others i got before but i hope it will fix my issues at this

I hope they will fix this problem asap.Try to contact with  forum account of support.Maybe they are able to solve this problem through forum.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gregi1 (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:07:02 PM

Mr. CEX, to your credit, I must admit there was some traction on #306213 after your last intervention, but it hasn't been resolved fully and your people reverted to what they're best at - they clammed up completely and didn't give a sign of life since two weeks. You still owe me several thousand euro worth of BCC, so I'd appreciate if somebody could wake them up or call back from vacation to get the work done. As much as I like the exchange's trading solutions, the quality of support is nothing but atrocious and dangerously reminds me of Mt. Gox in their final days.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: