Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:36:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO SCAM  (Read 8740 times)
bebrno

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:04:22 PM

Dear CEX.IO
Please accelerate my Bank withdraw
---------------------------------
up112843258
Transaction id: 5294578885

Tickets:
Request #620164
Request #616994

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:23:18 PM

I was planning to open an account with this exchange, but I'm glad I found this thread. Saved me several thousands of my money.

I have read through this whole thread and the way they have been responding to users is shameless and careless to say the least.

Thanks OP for posting this thread and warning everyone.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
bebrno

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:36:53 PM

Dear CEX,

I have received this message at least 5 times up to now.

I Only have one favour to ask please accelerate this withdrawal it has been a long time:
up112843258 Transaction id: 5294578885
Tickets: Request #620164 Request #616994
jeffox

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:49:52 PM

I guess I will add my "query" to the list in hopes that CEX.IO customer service might see it and expedite a solution:  

Initial bank withdrawal request made on 4 January (transaction ID#5350343949) was "pending" up until 10 January when the status was changed to "sent", and here it is 3 or 4 days later and nothing in my bank account.  The amount was US$17,000 minus their absurd fee of $50.00.  My user name is up113552379 and the ticket number is 624396.  To be fair, my ZEC trade and withdrawal happened almost instantly, my Ether trade was instant though the withdrawal has taken days to appear in my wallet, and my BTC exchange was efficient and fast as well.  Little did I know that getting my fiat money would take the month that it already has!!  

I am aware that CEX.IO has a disclosure statement saying that bank transfers may take from 3 to 30 days...but they also list the United States on their list of "restricted for withdrawals" -- explained on their "limitations and fees" page as limited amounts per withdrawal per account per day or per month -- limits that my own withdrawal is well under.

Besides confusing the terms "restricted" and "limited", I have been told via email and in other ticket responses that "withdrawals to U.S. based accounts are not available" -- which is very different from merely restricted or limited -- and they seem to mean not just bank withdrawals, but Master Cards and Visa Cards as well.  If that is true, and considering the numbers of customers from the United States, it would seem WAY more straightforward to put a CLEAR WARNING to U.S. customers on the HOME PAGE instead of couching it in confusing terms, hiding it among long lists of country names in footnotes, and with arbitrary explanations (i.e. legal issues and changes that "we will surely let you know...").

Also, to be fair, besides credit card withdrawals and bank withdrawals, they permit the use of Crypto Capital accounts for fiat money transfers.  If CEX.IO would have simply cancelled my withdrawal so that my US$ had reappeared in my account I would have used this service and probably had my money by now, but my money has been unavailable to me since 4 January as it has been "pending..." (i.e. stolen).

Re: legal action to take against CEX.IO -- if you look at the Terms of Use page, under paragraph 23. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION,
it says, "All disputes and controversies arising out of or in connection with this website and these Terms of Use shall be submitted to the United Kingdom Court in London (main office), as the Court of first instance."  Just FYI....

Best Wishes All,

Jeff Danese
bebrno

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:54:09 PM

This is actually one of the best case descriptions I've seen so far!

I guess I will add my "query" to the list in hopes that CEX.IO customer service might see it and expedite a solution:  

Initial bank withdrawal request made on 4 January (transaction ID#5350343949) was "pending" up until 10 January when the status was changed to "sent", and here it is 3 or 4 days later and nothing in my bank account.  The amount was US$17,000 minus their absurd fee of $50.00.  My user name is up113552379 and the ticket number is 624396.  To be fair, my ZEC trade and withdrawal happened almost instantly, my Ether trade was instant though the withdrawal has taken days to appear in my wallet, and my BTC exchange was efficient and fast as well.  Little did I know that getting my fiat money would take the month that it already has!!  

I am aware that CEX.IO has a disclosure statement saying that bank transfers may take from 3 to 30 days...but they also list the United States on their list of "restricted for withdrawals" -- explained on their "limitations and fees" page as limited amounts per withdrawal per account per day or per month -- limits that my own withdrawal is well under.

Besides confusing the terms "restricted" and "limited", I have been told via email and in other ticket responses that "withdrawals to U.S. based accounts are not available" -- which is very different from merely restricted or limited -- and they seem to mean not just bank withdrawals, but Master Cards and Visa Cards as well.  If that is true, and considering the numbers of customers from the United States, it would seem WAY more straightforward to put a CLEAR WARNING to U.S. customers on the HOME PAGE instead of couching it in confusing terms, hiding it among long lists of country names in footnotes, and with arbitrary explanations (i.e. legal issues and changes that "we will surely let you know...").

Also, to be fair, besides credit card withdrawals and bank withdrawals, they permit the use of Crypto Capital accounts for fiat money transfers.  If CEX.IO would have simply cancelled my withdrawal so that my US$ had reappeared in my account I would have used this service and probably had my money by now, but my money has been unavailable to me since 4 January as it has been "pending..." (i.e. stolen).

Re: legal action to take against CEX.IO -- if you look at the Terms of Use page, under paragraph 23. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION,
it says, "All disputes and controversies arising out of or in connection with this website and these Terms of Use shall be submitted to the United Kingdom Court in London (main office), as the Court of first instance."  Just FYI....

Best Wishes All,

Jeff Danese

Trerik

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:50:22 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 09:46:11 PM by Trerik

Hi all, I've been waiting for 2k GBP worth of ETH to turn up in my wallet after withdrawing it from CEX.IO for 11 days now.

They've allowed me to process the withdrawal of a certain amount of ETH on 2018-01-04 19:39:02 and marked the transaction as complete from their side straight away. Unaware, that was the time they supposedly were doing maintenance on their ETH withdrawals - I don't need to go around social networks to check what's wrong with their systems - it should be shown and blocked on the website I'm using (i.e. CEX.IO), only found out about it after doing research after the fact. Here's the transaction on Etherscan showing "Sorry, we are unable to locate this Transaction Hash":

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x70ebe66c6c81767c0af7b89b3cbecf88b215ff86a8c3eac59a0326de8304db77

I've raised a ticket #601013 on January 05, 2018 09:29 saying I never got my ETH even though they marked the transaction as complete from their side, and I quote their reply:

"Thank you for contacting us.

ETH transactions are working now on CEX.IO.

Your ETH transactions for the recent several hours should have been processed, and the coins should have been delivered to the destination wallets and account balances.

Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter."

After telling them that no, in fact nothing is working and I don't have any ETH in my wallet, I've got this reply:

"Thank you for the update.

Kindly ask you to wait some more time.

ETH transaction will be delivered to the destination wallets in couple minutes (hours).

Thank you for your patience."

Wait a "couple minutes (hours)" - I like that statement, I'm going to use that in the future whenever I'm giving estimates to people. "You asking me how long this will take? This will definitely be done in a couple of days (weeks)((months))!"

Either way, looking at their Twitter feed alone you can see that stating ETH transactions are working with lots of people stating the opposite clearly doesn't do them any favours. (check the comments under "ETH transactions are back on track and working. Thanks for your patience and understanding." https://twitter.com/cex_io/status/949238013351079936)

I've also raised several tickets asking for direct ETH refunds to back to my account as they're not capable of processing the transactions (609969 and 605177) which got automatically closed and marked as solved by the support guys within no time whatsoever. Clearly I got no ETH refunds.

The final update was that they did ask me for my wallet address on my original ticket eventually and said they passed it on to their tech team. That has been on the 6th of Jan, 9 days ago.

My username is up106291146 and original ticket number is 601013 if our lovely local CEX representative sees this, otherwise, the rest is for others to read and potentially be wary. I will update this post if this has any positive developments.

EDIT:

I have received my ETH on 15th Jan at 7 PM. Pity the markets crashed 30% 3 hours after eh....I was sort of waiting to get my funds AT the price or after some sort of a crash. But the fact remains, I did get my ETH back.

CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 04:34:42 PM

Hi all, I've been waiting for 2k GBP worth of ETH to turn up in my wallet after withdrawing it from CEX.IO for 11 days now.

They've allowed me to process the withdrawal of a certain amount of ETH on 2018-01-04 19:39:02 and marked the transaction as complete from their side straight away. Unaware, that was the time they supposedly were doing maintenance on their ETH withdrawals - I don't need to go around social networks to check what's wrong with their systems - it should be shown and blocked on the website I'm using (i.e. CEX.IO), only found out about it after doing research after the fact. Here's the transaction on Etherscan showing "Sorry, we are unable to locate this Transaction Hash":

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x70ebe66c6c81767c0af7b89b3cbecf88b215ff86a8c3eac59a0326de8304db77

I've raised a ticket #601013 on January 05, 2018 09:29 saying I never got my ETH even though they marked the transaction as complete from their side, and I quote their reply:

"Thank you for contacting us.

ETH transactions are working now on CEX.IO.

Your ETH transactions for the recent several hours should have been processed, and the coins should have been delivered to the destination wallets and account balances.

Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter."

After telling them that no, in fact nothing is working and I don't have any ETH in my wallet, I've got this reply:

"Thank you for the update.

Kindly ask you to wait some more time.

ETH transaction will be delivered to the destination wallets in couple minutes (hours).

Thank you for your patience."

Wait a "couple minutes (hours)" - I like that statement, I'm going to use that in the future whenever I'm giving estimates to people. "You asking me how long this will take? This will definitely be done in a couple of days (weeks)((months))!"

Either way, looking at their Twitter feed alone you can see that stating ETH transactions are working with lots of people stating the opposite clearly doesn't do them any favours. (check the comments under "ETH transactions are back on track and working. Thanks for your patience and understanding." https://twitter.com/cex_io/status/949238013351079936)

I've also raised several tickets asking for direct ETH refunds to back to my account as they're not capable of processing the transactions (609969 and 605177) which got automatically closed and marked as solved by the support guys within no time whatsoever. Clearly I got no ETH refunds.

The final update was that they did ask me for my wallet address on my original ticket eventually and said they passed it on to their tech team. That has been on the 6th of Jan, 9 days ago.

My username is up106291146 and original ticket number is 601013 if our lovely local CEX representative sees this, otherwise, the rest is for others to read and potentially be wary. I will update this post if this has any positive developments.

We have escalated the case to the responsible department, and you should receive a reply in the shortest time possible. Your funds will then be restored manually.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 04:36:09 PM

Dear CEX.IO
Please accelerate my Bank withdraw
---------------------------------
up112843258
Transaction id: 5294578885

Tickets:
Request #620164
Request #616994

Thanks

We have already sent it. Kindly wait for it to arrive at your bank account.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 04:42:29 PM

I have 300,000 EUR blocked in "Bank Transfer Completed" and "SEPA Bank Transfer" with no updates for 2 weeks and no money in my bank account.

Their support is saying they are working around the clock and it will take extra time but does not say how much.

At this point I don't think I will ever be receiving this kind of money from cex.io and I am thinking to talk to a proper legal firm that can start a legal action.

My guess is they don't have enough cash to process all withdrawals and are waiting to cash in from ETH and BTC sales.

300k? O'boy!

You will definitely receive your money. The processing just requires additional time to be processed. You can tell us your user ID, and we will try to investigate with the Finance department on the status of the payment.

lovewise17

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:46:03 PM

My USER ID IS up109516904

Its been nearly 3 months and I have yet to receive a 10,000 USD wire transfer from CEX.IO that they said they would be returning because of non-compliance reasons unexplained. I have submitted multiple requests and get the same 'too busy to process your request be patient automated messages about a week later'. At one point they claimed the bank even returned the wire transfer to them because they needed a swift code again. Besides many complaints on this site about them, the real reason I am certain that this is fraud is because my bank investigated the wire by sending out a telegram probe to their bank and discovered that not only had they never attempted to return the funds but that their financial department refused to answer the inquiries. I have already contacted UK based Fraud Alert detectives and will be booking a flight to England to visit in person if this isn't resolved within a week. I can be reached at jaikai1017@gmail.com if anyone would like to ask anything or if anyone affected would like to help organize a class-action lawsuit against CEX.IO.

If this is CEX.IO reading this, my user ID is up109516904 and id kindly suggest you resolve this matter without further ado!

Thebigcalay

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:38:26 AM

Dear Cex, you have been holding my fiat withdrawal transaction for up to usd$40k since dec 19 2017. Your confirmation sent on Dec 26 and nothing happen hereafter. I have been asking your support nicely but i don’t even receive any concrete reply.  It’s has been a month and counting. Please attend to the issue swiftly or I will post on every forum of your incompent service

My Id is up110030084
Request 562235

setherplatform
Copper Member

Activity: 175
Merit: 10

RadiumX Blockchain Platform

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:22:03 AM

I have 300,000 EUR blocked in "Bank Transfer Completed" and "SEPA Bank Transfer" with no updates for 2 weeks and no money in my bank account.

Their support is saying they are working around the clock and it will take extra time but does not say how much.

At this point I don't think I will ever be receiving this kind of money from cex.io and I am thinking to talk to a proper legal firm that can start a legal action.

My guess is they don't have enough cash to process all withdrawals and are waiting to cash in from ETH and BTC sales.

300k? O'boy!

You will definitely receive your money. The processing just requires additional time to be processed. You can tell us your user ID, and we will try to investigate with the Finance department on the status of the payment.

User id is: up109803115
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 12:02:13 PM

My USER ID IS up109516904

Its been nearly 3 months and I have yet to receive a 10,000 USD wire transfer from CEX.IO that they said they would be returning because of non-compliance reasons unexplained. I have submitted multiple requests and get the same 'too busy to process your request be patient automated messages about a week later'. At one point they claimed the bank even returned the wire transfer to them because they needed a swift code again. Besides many complaints on this site about them, the real reason I am certain that this is fraud is because my bank investigated the wire by sending out a telegram probe to their bank and discovered that not only had they never attempted to return the funds but that their financial department refused to answer the inquiries. I have already contacted UK based Fraud Alert detectives and will be booking a flight to England to visit in person if this isn't resolved within a week. I can be reached at jaikai1017@gmail.com if anyone would like to ask anything or if anyone affected would like to help organize a class-action lawsuit against CEX.IO.

If this is CEX.IO reading this, my user ID is up109516904 and id kindly suggest you resolve this matter without further ado!

We are sorry for such a delay time, and we think it is unacceptable. We have escalated the case to the Finance department. Please, wait for an update.

CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 12:06:54 PM

Dear Cex, you have been holding my fiat withdrawal transaction for up to usd$40k since dec 19 2017. Your confirmation sent on Dec 26 and nothing happen hereafter. I have been asking your support nicely but i don’t even receive any concrete reply.  It’s has been a month and counting. Please attend to the issue swiftly or I will post on every forum of your incompent service

My Id is up110030084
Request 562235

We will try to speed up the resolution of the issue.

CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 12:10:41 PM

300k? O'boy!

User id is: up109803115

We have escalated your case. Please, wait for the updates.

biggerdude

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:09:32 AM

I have funds stuck now for 31 days with no replies and no resolutions.

I withdrew 1354.75 USD to my credit card on December 19, still nothing has arrived.

The transaction details are:
2017-12-19 04:28:41   1354.75 USD   Credit card: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-3670 Completed

I have tickets with ZERO replies from 14 days ago

ticket: #549834 - started December 22, 2017 17:44
ticket: #600164 - started January 05, 2018 15:52 - no reply at all.

I need some serious help with this.

I am fully verified. Have 2FA. Everything is in order. But no funds, and there is ZERO response from CEX.

At this stage, even a cancellation of transfer and place back into my CEX account would be best.

Please, help!
BeBlockTech

Activity: 304
Merit: 15

0xF8D135631a3dE808D86cA1CB1a5D4ecd9c2a0921

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:51:09 AM

Cex is good exchange. Near christmas i get my credit card withrowal next day. Bank transfers arrives usually 1-2 weeks. Only few transaction could be solved slower because cex use mt-103 form to locate the problematic transactions and it's quite hard to get it from some bank. But these rules understandable.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Lol...

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/7qsndd/update_on_my_missing_usd_34000_with_cexio/

Tell that to those guys that are waiting for months after their funds...
BeBlockTech

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:01:19 AM

300k? O'boy!

I'm taking this one to Reddit...
BeBlockTech

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:10:09 AM

300k? O'boy!

The only way these people listen is when you sit in their pockets, and the best way to do that is by exposing them their scam to the public...

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7rodem/no_updates_for_over_two_weeks_user_waiting_for/

I'm taking this one to Reddit...
biggerdude

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:06:34 AM

I have funds stuck now for 31 days with no replies and no resolutions.

I withdrew 1354.75 USD to my credit card on December 19, still nothing has arrived.

The transaction details are:
2017-12-19 04:28:41   1354.75 USD   Credit card: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-3670 Completed

I have tickets with ZERO replies from 14 days ago

I need some serious help with this.

I am fully verified. Have 2FA. Everything is in order. But no funds, and there is ZERO response from CEX.

At this stage, even a cancellation of transfer and place back into my CEX account would be helpful.

We have escalated the case to the Finance department. Please wait for the updates.

Well my ticket just got marked as solved. Well Done!

And I just got sent a reply which is the most useless copy/paste I have ever seen!!!! Clearly no one even read my ticket.

Here the copy paste:

Dear XXXXX

Now we actively solve your tickets in several streams.

=You can help us very much if you carefully read the following information=

If you have a problem with withdrawals to VISA cards, this information is for you. Especially if you get the error "initial transaction was not found".

1. If after 29 December 2017 you failed to make a successful withdrawal, you need to make at least one minimum deposit in the currency you want to withdraw (EUR, USD, GBP). In such a way, an initial transaction is generated, which allows you to withdraw to a card.
This is due to the recent change in the MCC code for transactions on 29 December 2017. The previous MCC code caused additional charges in some banks during transactions. Therefore, this step will improve the user experience.

2. We remind you that a withdrawal to the card can go up to 3 banking days (!) for VISA and Mastercard.

3. On 2 January 2018 our payment provider had a problem that was resolved the same day. Therefore, if you have successfully done deposits from 29 Dec 2017 to 2 Jan 2018, please try again, without the need for a second minimum deposit.

4. If you have a VISA card and you made a successful deposit, but you can not make a withdrawal in the same currency contact the bank and make sure that your bank understands such transactions and you do not have any limits on your card.
Also please check if we support card withdrawals in your region
https://cex.io/limits-commissions#/direction/withdrawal
For example,
- US citizens can't make card withdrawals, but are authorized to make card deposit
- Indian customers are not allowed to withdraw via VISA
If the problem persists, create a separate ticket through https://support.cex.io. Describe the steps in details, add screenshots and add the following text "visa_withdrawal_mcc" in your message.

5. If you have a Master Card and you can not make withdrawal, contact your bank and make sure that your bank accepts such card withdrawals and you do not have any limits on this card.
If the problem is not solved, create a new ticket with a description of the steps that you implement, attach screenshots and add "mastercard_withdrawal_01" to the text. Such a combination will allow us to promptly escalate such cases.

If your situation does not concern the above issues, please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience and resubmit the ticket with a detailed description of your problem.

Please do not create multiple tickets on the same requests. This takes only extra time for our team for requests processing like merging dozens tickets on the same request.

We reserve the right to lower the priority of tickets, which are created for the same request.
We work hard 24/7, the whole department is concentrated on speed and resolution. We will solve your issue for sure.
Thank you for understanding.
CEX.IO Team

NONE of that reply applies to me at all. NONE. ZERO. ZIP. NOTHING applies. The ticket clearly mentions my withdrawal was on Dec 19. You copy/paste about dates after that time.

Even the ticket clearly mentions Mastercard in the subject, yet you copy/paste rubbish including VISA card related stuff.

This is utterly abhorrent.

31 Days I have been waiting and my money has not arrived - and your point Number 2 in the email says "We remind you that a withdrawal to the card can go up to 3 banking days (!) for VISA and Mastercard."

31 days I am waiting, but you remind me it takes 3 days. Very helpful.

Whoever answered my ticket with that reply and then marked it as solved needs to be sacked.

Or else, CEX truly is a SCAM!!!

Please, can someone who actually cares take a look at my tickets:

BiggerDude
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: