Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:17:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are We Dead Without China?  (Read 17163 times)
quocsi

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:50:48 AM

I do not believe that without China we would lose everything. The truth is that China is forbidding bitcoins. I think you are promoting China excessively. China has a big impact on bitcoin but I think it is not dominant at all. Bitcoin networks are distributed everywhere.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:06:12 PM

I do not believe that without China we would lose everything. The truth is that China is forbidding bitcoins. I think you are promoting China excessively. China has a big impact on bitcoin but I think it is not dominant at all. Bitcoin networks are distributed everywhere.
The impact of China's ban on bitcoin lasted for just a few days but the bitcoin survived it successfully and is doing great without it. Bitcoin today is about to cross the pillar of 20k which is a great achievement for it and that's all without China's interference. All that proved to be a hurdle in its path but that pumped it to an enormous height...

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:10:38 PM

Well technically they are really against the very foundation of bitcoin, their government is what I am talking about but I think they are still incapable of banning it in their country this is probably because many of their are smart and wants to gain their freedom for their government, which is why bitcoin has strived for many years in their country.

Henry27

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:26:14 AM

I think at the beginning of bitcoin is prohibited in china market was chaotic bitcoin prices dropped dramatically but over time bitcoin stabilized and its price continues to rise. so whether bitcoin can survive without china? of course can, because bitcoin like internet network no one controlling it.
MerrickMaverick

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:31:52 AM

Forget about China. They will not control anything. Cryptocurrency is not under their control and never will be. However they are not able to ban it even in their own country, so they will have to ride the train, or jump off completely and let it go without them
Dluretic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:44:36 AM

Now that there is an answer, going to China not only has not resulted in the death of bitcoin, but has made bitcoin a new height, so China is a dangerous factor. Grin

haster100

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:49:28 PM

we will not be dead without China. Of course, the ban on bitcoins exchange would create an impact on the market, but this would not kill bitcoins.
China plans to regulate the ICO, so perhaps after that we will see a spike in the price of bitcoins.
vinzanityyy

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:51:38 PM

The drop would definitely be a big loss if it wasn't for china I guess.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:02:54 PM

The impact of China's ban on bitcoin lasted for just a few days but the bitcoin survived it successfully and is doing great without it. Bitcoin today is about to cross the pillar of 20k which is a great achievement for it and that's all without China's interference. All that proved to be a hurdle in its path but that pumped it to an enormous height...
And back down on the rollercoaster. Nothing to do with China though.
favor222

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:46:50 PM

No, we are not dead without china . There are so many different countries which increase knowledge about btc and they buying btc.
doreraj

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 01:38:19 PM

if to speak about Bitcoin, it may be already now can survive without China but in what form suppose nobody knows

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
prolisko

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:14:35 PM

China has influence, but Bitcoin will survive without China
Regsoa

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:20:13 PM

China has become the powerhouse for Bitcoin (and the whole cryptocurrency in general) as it is hosting many Bitcoin miners due to cheaper electricity and maybe also cheap labors. China also boasts of probably millions of Bitcoin owners and traders who are influencing the moves of the market on day to-day basis. As far as acceptance of Bitcoin in China, it is comfortably good until such time when the government decided that it is time to intervene.

In general, the Chinese government is not comfortable with Bitcoin as it indeed representing a different currency that they can not control with. since Bitcoin is decentralized it would be hard for the government to make interventions and so they are thinking that maybe it is time to ban it altogether. The government can not kill Bitcoin but what they are doing is actually closing the country as a market for Bitcoin.

So the question is: Can Bitcoin survive without China? In case, it can't then then there is something wrong with it since it is not resilient to ride the big storm it is in.

Reading something like this I always wonder when will be the time when countries & Borders will be irrelevant!

Anyways, IMO people with Bitcoin are going to move to places that gives them favorable environment. I see all the countries trying to  grip Bitcoin end up loosing their innovative minds.
Michellekking

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:25:37 PM

China has become the powerhouse for Bitcoin (and the whole cryptocurrency in general) as it is hosting many Bitcoin miners due to cheaper electricity and maybe also cheap labors. China also boasts of probably millions of Bitcoin owners and traders who are influencing the moves of the market on day to-day basis. As far as acceptance of Bitcoin in China, it is comfortably good until such time when the government decided that it is time to intervene.

In general, the Chinese government is not comfortable with Bitcoin as it indeed representing a different currency that they can not control with. since Bitcoin is decentralized it would be hard for the government to make interventions and so they are thinking that maybe it is time to ban it altogether. The government can not kill Bitcoin but what they are doing is actually closing the country as a market for Bitcoin.

So the question is: Can Bitcoin survive without China? In case, it can't then then there is something wrong with it since it is not resilient to ride the big storm it is in.
I don't think bitcoin can survive without China. Now that bitcoin is circulating around the world, it doesn't just circulate in China, it doesn't die because of a country. If China completely bans bitcoin, the entire encryption market will be hit hard, but it will not lead to death.
1jaffa1

Activity: 280
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:36:26 AM

One can argue the statement but at the moment bitcoin (and all cryptos) are still in quite early stage of development. Events like the recent ones in China help establish weak points and possible problems in the future and make (bit)coin more resilient to future problems. So in unlikely development that the bitcoin would fail totally for some reason, i'm quite certain that the some new coin would implement the solution to the problem which would cause the failure and move on.
weeg4

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:41:08 AM

China is indeed an important contributor to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. From the statistical data, China has a major impact on the world economy. But it is not isolated from the rest of the world. China cannot prohibit Bitcoin on behalf of the world.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:48:43 AM

China is indeed an important contributor to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. From the statistical data, China has a major impact on the world economy. But it is not isolated from the rest of the world. China cannot prohibit Bitcoin on behalf of the world.
yes, Of course not. bitcoin will survive, because there are still many countries that develop bitcoin, and I know it will be more popular. china may have an effect on bitcoin prices, but china has banned bitcoin from their country. so, we have to move on and keep working.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
denpinchinhhangcom

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 05:00:40 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 06:10:27 AM by denpinchinhhangcom

No, we don't
den pin sieu sangđèn pin siêu sángden bin sieu sangđèn bin siêu sángxml t6ultrafire xml t6đèn pin chính hãngden pin chinh hangden pin sieu sang cua myđèn pin siêu sáng của mỹden pin sieu sangden bin sieu sangden pin sieu sang
quuyt4

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:03:19 AM

China is indeed an important contributor to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. China does have a large number of miners and investors, but they only have 20% of the world's shares. So, I don't think so.
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:08:01 AM

Despite the fact that China house cryptocurrency due to China advance ability in technology, bitcoin can not die just because of China there are some other countries that support bitcoin but if China don't support bitcoin it may affect the Price but not to the level of killing bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47]
  Print  

Jump to: