Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:37:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 201 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Experiences with CoinsMarkets.com?  (Read 60636 times)
fleer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:17:17 AM

guys I deposited some eca to cm tonight, It added normally to it, the balances that you see on cm when you login, that`s not worthless numbers, they are real It added to my balance .....
don`t worry and do not listen to some people that like to say everything is scam !!

ALL COINS ARE SAFE

can you check and see if it works with btc?

●                                                           Z I X X                                                           ●
[     DISCORD     ]  [    TWITTER    ]  [ ANN THREAD ]  [   FACEBOOK   ]
|    Automated Shared MNs    |   80% Masternode Rewards   |    Highest "Locked %"    |
candyiman

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:33:36 AM

guys I deposited some eca to cm tonight, It added normally to it, the balances that you see on cm when you login, that`s not worthless numbers, they are real It added to my balance .....
don`t worry and do not listen to some people that like to say everything is scam !!

ALL COINS ARE SAFE

anyone confirm?
candyiman

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:34:13 AM

ALL COINS ARE SAFE

hey fleer do  I know you from somewhere? Tongue
qf3l3k

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:09:04 AM

ALL COINS ARE SAFE

anyone confirm?

Nope.. this guy is delusional or hired by CM to defend them. Full of s**t idiot. He can't explain source of his claims except mumbling nonsense about things he has no idea (like fixing servers).
Why would you deposit anything to wallet you can't access? Final act of desperation? Total idiot? or maybe hired by CM to delay people acting against CM and finding thieves?

Besides.. if someone claims that deposit was done.. where is txhash? It is easy to check in blockchain explorer.
qf3l3k

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:13:49 AM

ALL COINS ARE SAFE

Well.. first I would ask for txhas for transfer this guy mentioned.
That will show if transfer was really done.
Besides.. balance seen on CM website is from database.
There is no real blockchain transactions while trading.
That occurs mostly when you deposit or withdraw.
If he knew a little bit about blockchain and how exchanges work, he probably wouldn't make up such b**ls**t stories.
borderline

Activity: 798
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:18:17 AM

2 months with no really news..

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Airdrop to BTC holders
stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:34:45 AM

2 months with no really news..

thats not true! moving Servers - Fixing db issues - doesn`t moved Servers - Trading soon available - Fixing db issues - moving Servers - Fixing last db issues

just joking... Roll Eyes
l3eix

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:43:30 AM

ALL COINS ARE SAFE

Unfortunately almost All of my coins are in Cm and I don't have btc or ltc to send... But eca is cheap I tested it with 5 eca
I can insure you all the online wallets are ok and show us the real balance

This is a proof also:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hz2680.jpg
qf3l3k

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:45:56 AM

ALL COINS ARE SAFE

Unfortunately almost All of my coins are in Cm and I don't have btc or ltc to send... But eca is cheap I tested it with 5 eca
I can insure you all the online wallets are ok and show us the real balance

This is a proof also:

Provide wallet address or txhash instead of made up screenshots Smiley
Also, if there is issue with database, how database has information about transactions if it's offline Cheesy

How much CM paid you for making up this BS? Cheesy
blasterspewpew

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:58:30 AM

Also, if there is issue with database, how database has information about transactions if it's offline Cheesy

DB is not offline and it wasn't offline since the whole CM fiasco started. Just learn a thing or two before posting nonsense.
qf3l3k

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:00:15 AM

DB is not offline and it wasn't offline since CM went down. Just learn a thing or two before posting nonsense.

Sure, I will be happy to learn how fixing live database works Smiley
I guess it's the best method commit transactions to database while fixing it Smiley
Modern approach Cheesy

Also, interesting that website shows all wallets offline Cheesy
Thats how database knows about transactions.. from thin air Cheesy

And well.. if database is online all the time.. then there is no issue with it.. so what to fix? Smiley
In that case you right... I said stupid thing.. as all is fine.. site works fine.. people send deposits Cheesy
So, let's trade Cheesy or maybe withdraw Cheesy
blasterspewpew

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:18:54 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 10:34:08 AM by blasterspewpew

DB is not offline and it wasn't offline since CM went down. Just learn a thing or two before posting nonsense.

Sure, I will be happy to learn how fixing live database works Smiley
I guess it's the best method commit transactions to database while fixing it Smiley
Modern approach Cheesy

Also, interesting that website shows all wallets offline Cheesy
Thats how database knows about transactions.. from thin air Cheesy

We have established a month ago that CM has 5 servers, right now 3 of them are down and only one server is connected to wallets. The domains http://coinsmarkets.org or http://mail.coinsmarkets.com are pointing to 185.66.140.234. https://coinsmarkets.com is pointing to five servers, one of them is 185.66.140.234 which is connected to wallets, the other one is with message about "hosting resoved" but not connected to wallets and 3 others which are offline (cloudflare error 522).

Yes, fixing a database while it is still connected to the wallets and a buggy website with security holes (ip whitelisting by an old link) is extremly stupid. But we already knew that CM devs are incompetent fools who don't know what are they doing.

P.S. As for what is left to fix, I don't know. I don't believe that CM has been honest with us about what is really going on with their website. All I can see that they are doing something. Last sign of life from the developers was 4 days ago, when they shut down 3 servers.

P.P.S. Another example of their stupidity is the fact they didn't bring down the trading engine when the servers went down on 3rd of january when they first noticed that they had issues with their DB. As a result we have those ninja trades from 5th and 6th of january which could potentially corrupt DB even more.
therealwafdawg

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:50:48 PM

I never left money on CM but i made a deposit of .2 BTC to buy some COLX and ECA.  My luck would have it that the site went down at the same time i made the deposit.  I know the money is gone but would gladly contribute to seeing these guys brought to justice.
Lilmon

Activity: 475

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:15:35 PM

Guys,

2 cents from a pool operator who has migrated coins over to new servers personally. 

This process does take a bit, you either have to FTP all the blockchains over to the new server or have them resync through the nodes.  We migrated over 50 coins and it took the new server 2 days to sync with all the coins networks. 

CoinsMarkets has 100's of coins, so you can imagine this is going to take longer. 

We personally have no affiliation with the pool other then exchanging coins with them, and agree their support should be updating the customers.  (They really need a PR manager). 

But lets sit back and give them a few more days without jumping to conclusions.  If they are really self hosting their is considerably more config that need to happen.  Hopefully they will learn their lesson and migrate the live site to the cloud then cut it over.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:52:12 PM

Guys,

2 cents from a pool operator who has migrated coins over to new servers personally. 

This process does take a bit, you either have to FTP all the blockchains over to the new server or have them resync through the nodes.  We migrated over 50 coins and it took the new server 2 days to sync with all the coins networks. 

CoinsMarkets has 100's of coins, so you can imagine this is going to take longer. 

We personally have no affiliation with the pool other then exchanging coins with them, and agree their support should be updating the customers.  (They really need a PR manager). 

But lets sit back and give them a few more days without jumping to conclusions.  If they are really self hosting their is considerably more config that need to happen.  Hopefully they will learn their lesson and migrate the live site to the cloud then cut it over.

A few more days?  It has been over 3 weeks since their last "news" update and within that same time period the web hosting has also changed.  It really looks like someone hijacked the site and is paying $6 per month to get their troll hard-on by watching people anguish in the troll box.  This is seriously demented and cruel behavior by whoever is running the site now.  I don't think it is being managed by the original exchange owners anymore.  I think someone who is sick and belongs in a mental institution is pulling the strings now.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
mattcwu

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:12:03 PM

ALL COINS ARE SAFE

So... "Trust CM and Trust ECA"?
DigIt123

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:32:13 PM

After combing through as much of the past couple weeks of posting that I could I bring a couple perspectives to this discussion that I hope can create speculation on the supposed speculations.

And yes, this discussion obligated me to create an account on this site because observing all of this has me in shock yet at an understanding in the psychological responses occurring. So, please bare with me here...

Speculation 1 (and what appears to be the most prominent in recent posts) "ECA and a supposed direct involvement/connection with CM":

I've been seeing people wonder about the site dropping at the same time. As someone who has holdings in many different coins I can safely say that if the exchange i use to primarily trade my highest holding of coin were to go down, one of the first places I may look is that coin's website to see if they posted any news or updates regarding the exchange crash. If ECA was pumping a large amount to the point that the exchange crashed, it's safe to say a large user load that crashed CM would most certainly crash ECA's website from traffic visiting concurrently with the CM crash. (i.e. the ECA servers probably weren't able to handle that much traffic. Look at when it crashed during the WP release)

Those accusations seem clouded in what could be many things:
-False investigative reports to slander a coin for the sake of personal gains/wiping out a coin to better the stance of another coin
-Taking advantage of the hysteria by influencing people to jump on a wagon where it's easier to point blame than to be patient (propoganda 101. Look at the last US election and how political clickbait sites were rampant more than ever before, profiting off of emotions using completely false headlines that got shared via facebook and other social media)
-Similar other types of smear tactics used with other coins, FUDsters, nay-sayers, trolls, etc.

Let's also understand that (i believe someone said "youll be sorry when CM comes back online") many people will point the finger on the internet and once a resolve is reached they have the 50-50 chance of either being right or being wrong. And in any event they dont have to deal with the consequences of their statements because, well, it's the internet. So unless you're someone with a track record in a web community that now has to save face, new accounts (and yes, especially this one I'm posting with) should not be taken as seriously. When people start posting other people's info and/or DOXXing them, you are playing a very dangerous game with other people's lives, guilty or not. Never will anyone here be judge, jury, and executioner unless you're just some sociopath on the internet and lets be real, dont be a dick. That's like...the most dickish thing to do when it's not your job to do it.

Case and point: from what I've seen on this speculation, there are a lot of people working to recover everyone's funds, ECA included. While some may be reimbursing others for their losses, that's a giant expense that many established companies wouldnt even consider. Hell, some have even overlooked recalls until it got pushed to a class-action lawsuit in the US. (Look it up, that stuff is crazy)

Speculation 2 (and very much the most paranoid post) CM is a scam (definitely bare with me for this one):

So with this point being dropped more recently for what honestly seems like a witch hunt, it appears that people are overlooking a lot of informative posts that have been set aside for the previous speculation point I made (a supposed direct link between ECA and CM). The false address, the link to some old man that may or may not be able to help recover money, the "active" code that exists and the ability to contact a couple of the CM servers says to me that this may SEEM like a scam. However, let's also take a step back and look at all of the bloodletting that is occurring across crypto. Scams are rampant and it's very easy to point a finger saying "scam" just as it is to have one pointing back at you saying "FUD". If I've learned one thing about the human psyche during this entire birth and growth of crypto it is that there are a lot of people pointing fingers that also, somehow, have their hands over their ears saying "blah blah blah i cant hear you" similar to so many times in the history of mankind. (Let's take a second to remember who Hitler was and how people supported his cause based on "what he said and was going to do") Millions of deaths later... you do the math.

Sure, the symptoms for this to be a scam are very much real. It's just as much of a possibility at this point as it isnt one; 50-50 imho. However, have you gone on WebMD ever in your life and looked up the symptoms for a headache? Yup, it's gotta be a brain tumor. No, more often than not it's a headache and you're just being paranoid/self-diagnosing when you don't have the -professional training- to do so. There are people in the world whose job it is to find these answers and figure out what the hell is going on and what can be done. With crypto being where it is, right now, a lot of those people are new and getting flooded with absurd amounts of information to try and filter the scams/frauds/regulations/policies. It's a lot of data to process let alone links to connect. So for every "Joe Everyman" you see pointing a finger, be a skeptic. Not only to what they're saying is a scam but who they are as well. Remember: There's a skeptic in all of us (I'm looking at you person that mentioned x-files).

Speculation 3 "Not pulling coins from the exchange to a personal wallet isn't the individual investor's mistake":

Okay, this is a tough pill to swallow for people. I do wish that those who got into CM just before the crash my condolences. It may not have happened to me but I've had life kick me in the balls before just because of bad timing in the universe that I happened to be there for.

Yet, this is a major lesson that varies in value based on what you want to value it as. I don't care if Albert Einstein, himself, rose from the dead and said to me "You must keep your coins on the exchange!". I would pull it off as soon as I had the chance. That is crypto-investing 101. Don't care who said to not take it off, that's just the smart thing to do. For those saying that coinhouse was limiting transaction amounts and "oh they wouldnt let me take my coins", stop it. I traded with Coinhouse all around that time and sending to wallets worked fine for me.

To conclude, as a neutral party to CM (I've never had a CM account or even knew about it's existence until a month or so ago) this is getting very carried away. People, we all need to breath. I have friends with various coins on CM that are just as weary as all of you. However, raising pitchforks and torches wont solve anything when you're irresponsibly pointing fingers in every direction. This is the type of mindset that has not only gotten innocent people injured/killed in history but it has also started wars between countries. The CM team is, and I agree with this constantly stated point, not cut out for hosting/running an exchange site. I'm sure it's a bunch of kids that thought "Hey this could be a great way to make money! Look at all those other exchanges making bank off of transaction fees!" Anyone with even a decent understanding of making money knows that it's better to create a machine that can pay you eternally than to take a lump sum in a way that could, indefinitely, get you in serious trouble. It might be a scam, but I hope to christ that these people aren't that stupid.

Also, trying to strong arm people through text on the internet is a cop out of you not knowing what you're talking about. I can easily type a clean looking statement that looks official by filling it with technical jargon. You know, it's what people did before they "photoshopped" images. It's called lying. So to those of you that post credible sources and information that show what direction things are going in, thank you. You rock! To the others that are running around on all fours, hitting shit with a stick and thinking you're big for it, just stop. You're guna hurt yourself. To everyone else: stay skeptical. This -is- the new wild west. Shit is getting crazy and not everyone is cut out for it. Look at when businesses start out in the US: The government actually WARNS you that the failure rate of new businesses is 95% but they still let you try. Shit is relative.

Patience is very much a virtue but it comes at a great cost. I wish you all well and I really hope that this issue ends with everyone getting most of, if not all, of their investments back with no blood being spilled in the process.
mattcwu

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:56:18 PM

After combing through as much of the past couple weeks of posting that I could I bring a couple perspectives to this discussion that I hope can create speculation on the supposed speculations.

And yes, this discussion obligated me to create an account on this site because observing all of this has me in shock yet at an understanding in the psychological responses occurring. So, please bare with me here...

Speculation 1 (and what appears to be the most prominent in recent posts) "ECA and a supposed direct involvement/connection with CM":

I've been seeing people wonder about the site dropping at the same time. As someone who has holdings in many different coins I can safely say that if the exchange i use to primarily trade my highest holding of coin were to go down, one of the first places I may look is that coin's website to see if they posted any news or updates regarding the exchange crash. If ECA was pumping a large amount to the point that the exchange crashed, it's safe to say a large user load that crashed CM would most certainly crash ECA's website from traffic visiting concurrently with the CM crash. (i.e. the ECA servers probably weren't able to handle that much traffic. Look at when it crashed during the WP release)

Those accusations seem clouded in what could be many things:
-False investigative reports to slander a coin for the sake of personal gains/wiping out a coin to better the stance of another coin
-Taking advantage of the hysteria by influencing people to jump on a wagon where it's easier to point blame than to be patient (propoganda 101. Look at the last US election and how political clickbait sites were rampant more than ever before, profiting off of emotions using completely false headlines that got shared via facebook and other social media)
-Similar other types of smear tactics used with other coins, FUDsters, nay-sayers, trolls, etc.

Let's also understand that (i believe someone said "youll be sorry when CM comes back online") many people will point the finger on the internet and once a resolve is reached they have the 50-50 chance of either being right or being wrong. And in any event they dont have to deal with the consequences of their statements because, well, it's the internet. So unless you're someone with a track record in a web community that now has to save face, new accounts (and yes, especially this one I'm posting with) should not be taken as seriously. When people start posting other people's info and/or DOXXing them, you are playing a very dangerous game with other people's lives, guilty or not. Never will anyone here be judge, jury, and executioner unless you're just some sociopath on the internet and lets be real, dont be a dick. That's like...the most dickish thing to do when it's not your job to do it.

Case and point: from what I've seen on this speculation, there are a lot of people working to recover everyone's funds, ECA included. While some may be reimbursing others for their losses, that's a giant expense that many established companies wouldnt even consider. Hell, some have even overlooked recalls until it got pushed to a class-action lawsuit in the US. (Look it up, that stuff is crazy)

Speculation 2 (and very much the most paranoid post) CM is a scam (definitely bare with me for this one):

So with this point being dropped more recently for what honestly seems like a witch hunt, it appears that people are overlooking a lot of informative posts that have been set aside for the previous speculation point I made (a supposed direct link between ECA and CM). The false address, the link to some old man that may or may not be able to help recover money, the "active" code that exists and the ability to contact a couple of the CM servers says to me that this may SEEM like a scam. However, let's also take a step back and look at all of the bloodletting that is occurring across crypto. Scams are rampant and it's very easy to point a finger saying "scam" just as it is to have one pointing back at you saying "FUD". If I've learned one thing about the human psyche during this entire birth and growth of crypto it is that there are a lot of people pointing fingers that also, somehow, have their hands over their ears saying "blah blah blah i cant hear you" similar to so many times in the history of mankind. (Let's take a second to remember who Hitler was and how people supported his cause based on "what he said and was going to do") Millions of deaths later... you do the math.

Sure, the symptoms for this to be a scam are very much real. It's just as much of a possibility at this point as it isnt one; 50-50 imho. However, have you gone on WebMD ever in your life and looked up the symptoms for a headache? Yup, it's gotta be a brain tumor. No, more often than not it's a headache and you're just being paranoid/self-diagnosing when you don't have the -professional training- to do so. There are people in the world whose job it is to find these answers and figure out what the hell is going on and what can be done. With crypto being where it is, right now, a lot of those people are new and getting flooded with absurd amounts of information to try and filter the scams/frauds/regulations/policies. It's a lot of data to process let alone links to connect. So for every "Joe Everyman" you see pointing a finger, be a skeptic. Not only to what they're saying is a scam but who they are as well. Remember: There's a skeptic in all of us (I'm looking at you person that mentioned x-files).

Speculation 3 "Not pulling coins from the exchange to a personal wallet isn't the individual investor's mistake":

Okay, this is a tough pill to swallow for people. I do wish that those who got into CM just before the crash my condolences. It may not have happened to me but I've had life kick me in the balls before just because of bad timing in the universe that I happened to be there for.

Yet, this is a major lesson that varies in value based on what you want to value it as. I don't care if Albert Einstein, himself, rose from the dead and said to me "You must keep your coins on the exchange!". I would pull it off as soon as I had the chance. That is crypto-investing 101. Don't care who said to not take it off, that's just the smart thing to do. For those saying that coinhouse was limiting transaction amounts and "oh they wouldnt let me take my coins", stop it. I traded with Coinhouse all around that time and sending to wallets worked fine for me.

To conclude, as a neutral party to CM (I've never had a CM account or even knew about it's existence until a month or so ago) this is getting very carried away. People, we all need to breath. I have friends with various coins on CM that are just as weary as all of you. However, raising pitchforks and torches wont solve anything when you're irresponsibly pointing fingers in every direction. This is the type of mindset that has not only gotten innocent people injured/killed in history but it has also started wars between countries. The CM team is, and I agree with this constantly stated point, not cut out for hosting/running an exchange site. I'm sure it's a bunch of kids that thought "Hey this could be a great way to make money! Look at all those other exchanges making bank off of transaction fees!" Anyone with even a decent understanding of making money knows that it's better to create a machine that can pay you eternally than to take a lump sum in a way that could, indefinitely, get you in serious trouble. It might be a scam, but I hope to christ that these people aren't that stupid.

Also, trying to strong arm people through text on the internet is a cop out of you not knowing what you're talking about. I can easily type a clean looking statement that looks official by filling it with technical jargon. You know, it's what people did before they "photoshopped" images. It's called lying. So to those of you that post credible sources and information that show what direction things are going in, thank you. You rock! To the others that are running around on all fours, hitting shit with a stick and thinking you're big for it, just stop. You're guna hurt yourself. To everyone else: stay skeptical. This -is- the new wild west. Shit is getting crazy and not everyone is cut out for it. Look at when businesses start out in the US: The government actually WARNS you that the failure rate of new businesses is 95% but they still let you try. Shit is relative.

Patience is very much a virtue but it comes at a great cost. I wish you all well and I really hope that this issue ends with everyone getting most of, if not all, of their investments back with no blood being spilled in the process.

The ECA holders seem unaware of any criticisms about the coin...
daniel76

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:30:12 PM

Mr consmarket has logged into bitcointalk tonight, but can't be bothered to give us an update, I luck forward to raising a large glass of red once he/they are sent down
daniel76

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:55:19 PM

could some of these bitcointalk users divuldge the following pm's

April 09, 2017, 08:37:18 AM   cryptodev2014 to coinsmarkets "Can you please PM us, what you really want to do, so we can help you on your project.RPC port can be change in any port"

April 10, 2017, 06:05:42 PM    coinsmarkets to reez0105 "another coin , i am in . Wink .Check your PM"

April 14, 2017, 08:15:11 PM   coinsmarkets to PulseProject "how much overall coins , i sent u a pm  Wink"

June 17, 2017, 02:18:45 AM   coinsmarkets to SBDomains "We sent u PM about adding your coin "
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 201 »
  Print  

Jump to: