Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:00:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN AS PAYMENT FOR ONLINE GAMES  (Read 2677 times)
mykha

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:06:21 PM

I need your opinion about having bitcoin for payments in online games, it is good or nah?

Using bitcoin as payments for in-game items and upgrades is very useful since many people are capable of technology devices though bitcoin and online games are done by computers.

I thinks its very efficient for me as a gamer and a bitcoin user to have a transaction or payment like that.
yeah it could be one of the most effective and efficient way to purchase online games tokens to level up

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:07:48 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 01:27:15 AM by Bakemat

I need your opinion about having bitcoin for payments in online games, it is good or nah?

Using bitcoin as payments for in-game items and upgrades is very useful since many people are capable of technology devices though bitcoin and online games are done by computers.

I thinks its very efficient for me as a gamer and a bitcoin user to have a transaction or payment like that.
Bitcoin as a payment in online games i think its a good idea. Just like steam now they already approve the use of bitcoin to buy in-game items. People will became much more at ease at buying in-game items because sometime buying in-game items using cash always has a risk. I am not saying that using BTC has also no risk but there is much more risk in actual cash. So if you want to buy in-game items using Bitcoin just buy it.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:28:01 PM

As i know steam is already providing this service, where you can purchase any game with bitcoins, sure for others games that does allow to buy a boost in the game would be good to see the option to pay with bitcoin. The games wich will follow such, will only benefict from bitcoin potencial, a lot people selling host last year were able to see bitcoin grow into 4-5x its value. Soo this a great moment to accept and work with bitcoin, we arent near to reach the full potencial of bitcoin.
jirene21

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:09:12 PM

That would be a great and nice idea to have an payment in bitcoin on online games

jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:16:02 PM

Some games can be brought by a bitcoin, like steam .Steam is already accepting bitcoin as a payment and steam or valve corporation is huge video gaming company that are providing this kind of service. I’m sure that other big gaming company are now studying this kind of process.  Smiley
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:06:59 AM

What's the point of paying in game items and upgrades with bitcoin? I understand you as a gamer (I am also playing online games and I feel the urgent need of upgrading your account or your character esp. when the battle comes), but wasting money for nothing? I don't think bitcoin is an ideal way of paying in-game items. Bitcoin is so volatile that it can rise up or fall down anytime. Once that happens and online games accepts BTC as payment, there will be problems in transactions, unless regular updates is done by the developers. And I am sure that you don't want any updates to happen once or twice a week.

You will also need extra amount of BTC whenever you make transactions with BTC since there's what we call transaction fees so miners will prioritize your transaction. I think there's a separate currency for gamers that can be used in buying in-game items and upgrades.
LancienMaleAlpha

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:27:54 PM

It's good to have Bitcoins as a payment option. But only as an option. Fiat should still be present as Bitcoin is not the only world's №1 currency.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
Ahmed28

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:31:54 PM

it would good idea ! this way i can buy online games ! because in my country we can't buy things online . using bitcoin gonna be so helpful
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:22:37 PM

Bitcoin has already been payment for online games for quite some time. However I do not recommend you spend your bitcoins as one day they will be worth a whole lot more.

I only spend Bitcoin because it is how I use and spend money now. I don't really use fiat. Steam has accepted bitcoin for a long time. I hope blizzard will too. I don't care if EA do or not because they the devil and dont need my money. Humble bundle claim to accept Bitcoin but I've never spoken to anyone who has used Bitcoin with them and I tried myself and the option was not available.

Mei1418

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:34:00 PM

a very good idea, the more payment options the better
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:01:09 PM

I will be the odd one that says NO at this stage. In a game you want to do instant transactions. < no waiting > Bitcoin cannot offer you that at the moment.

I kinda agree with this one. People who play games especially pay to win games cannot afford to wait longer to get their's item. They want to get ahead of the other fast. In that sense with the slow of how the transaction of bitcoin is, it's not practicable enough, Maybe some alt's who dealing with game like GAME or even DGB can step up to this problem, but that's another problem with bitcoin still not getting mainstream attention, yet.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:07:49 PM

I have yet to use bitcoin as payment for online games, but it's very suitable since they are both online based, all I know is online websites uses paypal and credit card because of the charge back in case there's a complaint, I don't know if it is possible with Bitcoin.
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:30:45 PM

Bitcoin has already been payment for online games for quite some time. However I do not recommend you spend your bitcoins as one day they will be worth a whole lot more.

I agree, payment thru bitcoin in online games is nice and convenient to all gamers but in my case, i am not using my bitcoin for my wants but instead i use it for my daily needs. I am now a very practical person when it comes to my income and need to verify if i really need it before i purchase some goods.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 05:29:52 PM

Ok so here is the issue with using bitcoin to pay for online gaming. My wife has been doing so called experiment of sorts if you want to say. She has been using a bitcoin card to pay for her $16.00 monthly subscription. Six months later what should have been $96.00 in cash has costed her like $2000.00 LOL so i would say only do it if you really must.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:31:27 PM

Ok so here is the issue with using bitcoin to pay for online gaming. My wife has been doing so called experiment of sorts if you want to say. She has been using a bitcoin card to pay for her $16.00 monthly subscription. Six months later what should have been $96.00 in cash has costed her like $2000.00 LOL so i would say only do it if you really must.

Currently it's not advisable especially due to the huge transaction fees and so for me i wouldn't refrain from using my bitcoins online for games and other such things that i can easily use my debit card for. It's still soaring up and i wouldn't want to loose out in  any way  and so i prefer to keep than spend currently.
12popi123

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:24:33 PM

if the community wants to pay with BTC, you should consider add payment system to online game
jam22

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:10:33 PM

It is a good idea for payment cause mostly of the teens now are online-games-addict and every gamers will invest in BTC for their games.

alfacentavr

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 12:14:07 PM

In my opinion, it would be very convenient if the online games were accepted by the bitcoins.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
00BtcBuddy

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:25:06 PM

A good feature it is. It will be a great help for gamer like me that do not have access in credit card and other traditional payment methods. Well Steam already put bitcoin on their payment methods which is what I use when I buy games. So yeah, I wish other gaming platform would also put bitcoin on their payment methods.
Noore Najjar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:31:17 PM

Valve had partnered for Bitcoin installment administration Bitpay with bring everybody's most loved cryptocurrency into steam platform. Bitpay says it might have been approached by the organization in view it needed to internationalize its operation, making it simpler for steam clients over rising businesses with with purchase games without utilizing a Mastercard.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: