Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:49:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has no role in real world  (Read 5995 times)
btcgainer24724

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:45:49 PM

BTC has no role to play in the real world affairs. People who try to create such a role are confused between asset and currency. The design itself only considers pure virtual activity with no touch with real world. People also mistake the buzz words such as "peer-to-peer", "border-less", "decentralised" etc as the problems to be solved. But sadly these are not real problems. The insignificant problems (speed and fees) are hardly enough to sell and these problems are going away anyway. I have no respect to Nakamoto because he ignored the most important element (govt and authorities) in social situation and still want to sell it as some solution to social situations. Hardly any country has regulatory framework that deals with btc.

The problems are rooted in the philosophy of crypto, not in the code. So, the beauty of blockchain tech is irrelevant for btc. It is like selling a bad app by showing how great Android is.

1) Bitcoin does not provide controlled visibility, because it doesn't recognise the existence of governments. Now if you make changes to provide visibility to authorities, ALL privacy is gone. If you don't, then ALL visibility is gone.

2) Fees are rooted in the design. Whatever consensus you invent for a public blockchain, you can't escape rewarding the work of validating transactions. So zero fees are not possible.

Public blockchains sacrifice all good qualities of a business application for the sake of trust-less environment which is not even actually a problem to solve in many contexts. Also they make it extremely costly to run small amount of code or small storage. Who wants their business code to be validated by all arbitrary people in the world?

Most ICOs are sharing economy concepts similar to uber model. Lack of a responsible intermediary and costs will make these "innovations" to fail, if they ever have to touch real-world activities.

Bulk of the blockchain activity will move to business collaborations which might not even look like a blockchain. Crypto coins will be used in most business blockchains, but these coins will be value-less tokens and very specific to the business or institutional activity.
I don't agree with you, Bitcoin is playing its role for everyone.although bitcoin really is still too weak to have a big impact on our lives but we are only at the beginning of the path.
jaicos88

Activity: 215
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:52:29 PM

bitcoin is an easy and safe investment for everyone, for us bitcoin has given a big role for everyday needs, easy way to make a lot of money so for us bitcoin is very valuable and also a good future.
LynielZbl

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:58:09 PM
Merited by NyLymZbl (1)

Well actually it is a false opinion. Bitcoin is playing an important role in our life since there are many people depending on bitcoin and bitcoin has also brought us a new kind of technology. And also it gives us a good status in life in terms of financially status.
It is been only 9 years since bitcoin was created and therefore, we need to wait for a long long time for bitcoin to be accepted widely. Even though bitcoin fail, the blockchain technology in bitcoin will help us to rebuild the world.
orarider

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:01:13 AM

Bitcoin can be used as a form of fine when it is accepted for payment in daily life. This currency is still unknown in some countries. Especially in Vietnam, only about 40% of the population know bitcoin.
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:45:06 AM

Bitcoin has now a big role in our economy, it is a new kind of currency in online world that help people to rise from poverty and it is now change the world and maybe in the future it will replace the fiat because technology evolve daily and we must adopt.
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:18:37 AM

The needs of a person in real life are true, and bitcoin is one of the medium to meet some things we need, So i might say bitcoin has a role in a real world.
MakLampir

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:47:54 AM

You can spend bitcoin at many places. You just have to look. How well have you actually looked? Not all places take bitcoin directly so look out for payment processors in which accept bitcoin as a payment option. I use bitcoin to buy things all the time.
schatzi

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:03:17 AM

I don't think that it is true that bitcoin doesn't have a role in real world because bitcoin is serving as an option for mode of payments where people can choose bitcoin over fiat to send money which is faster and also convenient because it is still has a lower rate of fee compare to other mode of payments in terms of huge transactions.
arienna23

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:09:06 AM

Lol, that's so inaccurate. Bitcoin has a huge role in real world. I agree people don't use it offline. But online, it is a big thing. And don't say that online world is not real. I pay many people using bitcoin. I accept payment in bitcoin. I purchase many real things using bitcoin. So bitcoin of course has a role in real world. And in coming years, the role would be much bigger than we think.
Jimbo Abu

Activity: 170
Merit: 6

(┛❍ᴥ❍)┛彡Axi

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:10:01 AM

Bitcoin has no role in your opinion, but for us BTC has a role in our life. It has important role for us that can give a better life. It helps for our daily life because the transaction is so fast than I thought. So bitcoin is important for me.

/Bitcoin / Ethereum / Ripple /
Bedebah

Activity: 524

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:21:08 AM

This is the assumption of people who are pessimistic about the future, they will always look for ugliness without ever appreciating work and change, I am sure if they do not immediately change the thinking then they will regret.
portgas313

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:02:50 PM

I am sorry to tell you that you are wrong.
Many people became so rich because of Bitcoin and they still investig in cryptocurrency and even those who are famous and already rich started to invest in Bitcoin market because they know how Bitcoin is changing the financial world.
Another point, if you presume that Bitcoin have no effect, why governments are making such effort to control it?
CAPT.DEADPOOL

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

PHORE

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:10:22 PM

there are no rules in bitcoin but other countries do not want to bitcoin because they are scam or maybe other people in their country are trying to keep other people beware of bitcoin but that's not true because bitcoin and so many people are too legit it's the source

Pinoyfan

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:34:04 PM

BTC has no role to play in the real world affairs. People who try to create such a role are confused between asset and currency. The design itself only considers pure virtual activity with no touch with real world. People also mistake the buzz words such as "peer-to-peer", "border-less", "decentralised" etc as the problems to be solved. But sadly these are not real problems. The insignificant problems (speed and fees) are hardly enough to sell and these problems are going away anyway. I have no respect to Nakamoto because he ignored the most important element (govt and authorities) in social situation and still want to sell it as some solution to social situations. Hardly any country has regulatory framework that deals with btc.

The problems are rooted in the philosophy of crypto, not in the code. So, the beauty of blockchain tech is irrelevant for btc. It is like selling a bad app by showing how great Android is.

1) Bitcoin does not provide controlled visibility, because it doesn't recognise the existence of governments. Now if you make changes to provide visibility to authorities, ALL privacy is gone. If you don't, then ALL visibility is gone.

2) Fees are rooted in the design. Whatever consensus you invent for a public blockchain, you can't escape rewarding the work of validating transactions. So zero fees are not possible.

Public blockchains sacrifice all good qualities of a business application for the sake of trust-less environment which is not even actually a problem to solve in many contexts. Also they make it extremely costly to run small amount of code or small storage. Who wants their business code to be validated by all arbitrary people in the world?

Most ICOs are sharing economy concepts similar to uber model. Lack of a responsible intermediary and costs will make these "innovations" to fail, if they ever have to touch real-world activities.

Bulk of the blockchain activity will move to business collaborations which might not even look like a blockchain. Crypto coins will be used in most business blockchains, but these coins will be value-less tokens and very specific to the business or institutional activity.
Its not true, Bitcoin in my life give meaning. They just belieaved it and no proven. Bitcoin gives meaning to the real world. The money we earned from it is very useful for our family. Business person used it as a payment system and some transaction.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:47:49 PM

This is kind of true since bitcoins did gave us freedom to send our very own money to other people without middlemen, but the thing is, the technology behind it is not as refined as money transfer. Money transfer is still better than bitcoin transfer hands down. It'll take a lot more years to develop fiat money efficiency.

WakinXXX

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:03:50 PM

Anyone who says that the bitcoin or any Crypto money doesn't make any sense in the real world directly lies or doesn't know what they speak about. He has many applications, and people use him every day to pay for anything.
Kita Kita

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:05:24 PM

i don't believe this speculation about bitcoin are no role in real world, if put on your mind bitcoin helping to people giving hope in the daily routine in lives because bitcoin giving a lot of benefits for the people and helping to economy of every nation accept the bitcoin as currency using the volatile, example the role of bitcoin in world giving decent job for the jobless and if the nation or country are in troubles to provide the great job for his people bitcoin giving this and give good income.

I agree with this. Of course bitcoin has a role in this world as a currency. It's role is to give us a more accessible way of paying or transferring money. It's just accurate to have this kind of currency because in ten years i expect the world to be more high tech. So i think it is righteous to have or give bitcoin its role.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:06:25 PM

You write too much in your mind It seems like you have a lot to learn about what bitcoin is You already misunderstood what bitcoin is.
Yes, there are some people like this. They don't know how Bitcoin works. They just buy and buy, the technology behind Bitcoin is blockchain which is very amazing and very big help for everyone. This technology is really powerful and let's hope blockchain will adopt by the people.
Akupuniard

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 02:49:58 PM

Nowadays bitcoin is not popular enough but i think in future cryptocurrencies gonna replace paper money. At my opinion cashless world would be much more interesting.

zhopas

Activity: 323

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:29:02 PM

People are thinking like thisbut nowadays along with the rapidly growing bitcoin in different parts of the world it is more recognizable and has this value in human life especially for those who are capable of using it. And I think if people will know how bitcoin really helps for those jobless and poor  people they will also know how bitcoin affects to one person's life and also in real world. For me, people need to open their eyes for them to know the worth of everything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: