Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:56:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not gambling  (Read 20829 times)
Macai

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:06:36 AM

I don't know why people say bitcoin is gambling. Its not gambling. You are investing your money and time. You use your internet. So its not gambling dealing with it.
There is a risk in investing into bitcoin or any other form of investments. Like gambling, investors may loose or gain in their investments. You need a great deal of luck in gambling and so with investments and i think these are reasons why a lot of people think bitcoin as gambling.
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:42:49 AM

I don't know why people say bitcoin is gambling. Its not gambling. You are investing your money and time. You use your internet. So its not gambling dealing with it.

Hi there alihassan99! Gambling is far different from bitcoin. Once simply could say that the Dollar is not a gambling, but you need a dollar for you to enable to do or perform task like gambling. Another one is investment, investor stake their money for a hope that a company will succeed someday and will gain revenue and their investment would grow and give them a potential revenue in the future. What they give is a money, what they do is investment and thinking they will gain or loose it is somewhat you think is a form of gambling. I hope this clears your mind about difference between the two.  Wink
fipper

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:47:39 AM

depending on the people who access if I personally think bitcoin is not gambling is the same as investing with gold we will save if the price of gold down and we will sell it if the price of gold rose in my opinion it is not gambling but how to invest
adsadsx

Activity: 199

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:08:03 AM

Bitcoin is a currency.  You cant say money is gambling itself.  But if you invest your money and convert it into bitcoin,  now it is gambling.  Because you take a risk investing your money to a volatile currency hoping it would rise up in the coming days,  but you know it might also drop.  There is still win or lose in it,  so basically its still gambling.  The process is gambling,  not bitcoin itself.

Bitcoin has been a source of debate and suspicion since its inception. At present, there are no mainstream banks to join the ranks of market makers, there is no big exchange to provide trading platform. Bitcoin is a venture capital.
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:10:30 AM

Absolutely, it is trading, it is about exchange and earning money, but not gambling.
Roydgon

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:17:44 AM

My point is that Bitcoin is a game, you're losing and winning. Gambling is also a matter of whatever you do.
kunalqwe

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:25:29 AM

bitcoin is not gambling it is just a type of investment. for example , if you purchase gold u will sell it when its price is high. we do same in the case of bitcoin so it is not an gambling.
CarylnBoy

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:48:01 AM

Bitcoin is a digital electronic currency and basically a bitcoin still can not be gambling. If you invest in bitcoin to make a profit for yourself and you know it can also reduce because the market will fluctuate but only in a short time. I think investing in bitcoin will enrich people because I have been investing in it and bringing in income for myself.
Beehives

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:51:38 AM

Investing/trading is always comparable to gambling. Gambling is sense that there is a chance you will loose you money. The only made them difference investing/trading you can predict if you will loose or not and you can hold your coins/tokens in time that you want while in gambling is pure luck and time bounded.

https://VividToken.com     |     MAIN NET    >  N O W   L I V E
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Buttercup123

Activity: 455
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:09:00 AM

Bitcoin in a sense is a gambling too. When we say gambling we are talking about risks, oppurtunity, chances and luck. Bitcoin has sort of these things. Bitcoin is a risky way to invest your money, yes,  one can predict if you have invested your money in a promising ICO but you can also loose your investments by hacking, scamming and phising sites. Though bitcoin produces a lot of oppurtunity for us to have some huge profit it also leads to oppurtunity of others to hack someone. Chances are close to oppurtunity and each of us have equal chances to earn bitcoin. Bitcoin is also a game of luck,  though one can predict but not all predictions are 100% true,  so we also need luck. And by these characteristics,  i can say bitcoin is also a gamble.

━━━━━━━━━━━◆     SHREW     ◆━━━━━━━━━━━
██████████     Discounted Pre-Sale Live !     ██████████
◆    Revolutionizing Reward Points    ◆     | Telegram    |    Twitter
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:11:48 AM

I am sorry, but if you really think that bitcoin is gambling, then you are the King of the Dumbasses.
No offense, but this is never going to be compared with that, and i am glad that you know that, since 80% of the people who replied to you, don't.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
sheryl26

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:35:45 AM

Yes i agree to you that the bitcoins is not a gambling. They are more like an investment, not because you are losing money in bitcoins and they are unpredictable it doesn't mean that they are a gambling. Gambling is more in a luck and it is more a game that involves money. To gamble is to play with your luck not unless you are good at cards. But bitcoins is a code a binary codes so they are more technology inclined than gamble inclined. But there are gambling sites that are accepting bitcoins as a payment.
Mayapurnamasariazhari

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:59:39 AM

If you think lay people who think it's only gambling Bitcoin digital currencies but the price is Bitcoin is up and down. Why do many people say gambling such as brain bubbles or gambling. It's just according to the layman alone gan.
kadutz25

Activity: 172

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:01:03 AM

bitcoin instead of bitcoin gambling is a form of digital currency and I think only a handful of people say that bitcoin is a gamble because they have not understood what it is about bitcoin
bobylee

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:56:23 AM

BTCMany people refer to the fact that the value is very unstable and it can drop very low which makes it very risky too hold for long periods of time, there is a bit for gambling in bitcoin just like in any other investment, so only invest what you can afford to lose,  however,  it's true that bitcoin have many potential.BTC
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:06:40 PM

bitcoin instead of bitcoin gambling is a form of digital currency and I think only a handful of people say that bitcoin is a gamble because they have not understood what it is about bitcoin

Other people thought that bitcoin is gambling maybr because other people use bitcoin to gamble.  And aside from the fact that there is a risk, people associated it as gambling because there is a risk involve.  So it is like gambling but it is not, it is on how you think it is.
liivii

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:12:13 PM

If you first heard bitcoin the first thing will come to your mind is gambling, because right now most of the things that involved money in the internet is gambling. But if you focused on learning what is bitcoin then you will know that bitcoin is just a digital currency that has a decentralized system and those who risk have a chance to succeed by earning huge money. So if you're newbie and what to try to explore the cryptocurrency world you must first learn bitcoin.
gua86402

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:21:33 PM

Bitcoin is definitely not a gamble!
Gambling is all about luck.
And bitcoin is different, the price of bitcoin is determined by the market!
Bitcoin has its own technical features and is still optimized, so it makes sense for him to have a market!
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:25:36 PM

Yes it could be somehow but bitcoin could be use for gambling. Well, a real money could be use for gambling and bitcoin functions as money and the role of bitcoin is to be a money in this world. Also, there is a section existing in this platform that you can play gambling or some stuffs that you can bet your money or to be precise you can bet your bitcoin. What I am pointing is that, when talking about bitcoin it is ineed not for a gambling but it is a thing that could be use for gambling since bitcoin is also a money and we cannot deny that fact.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:35:49 PM

Bitcoin is definitely not a gamble!
Gambling is all about luck.
And bitcoin is different, the price of bitcoin is determined by the market!
Bitcoin has its own technical features and is still optimized, so it makes sense for him to have a market!
Buying a currency and not knowing whether it is going to go up or down seems like a gamble to me. The hope we all have is that, we are going to buy and hope that the value is going to rise and maybe gain some profits.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: