Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:29:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not gambling  (Read 20839 times)
burnchan

Activity: 240
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:46:05 PM

I don't know why people say bitcoin is gambling. Its not gambling. You are investing your money and time. You use your internet. So its not gambling dealing with it.
I agree, Bitcoin is not gambling. Gambling is a risk of money to a chance of acquiring a prize.  Both Investing Bitcoin and Gambling have risks involved. However in Bitcoin investment,  you have the information to analyze if you are going to lose or gain. If the trend is on the losing side, then you might sell your shares to minimize loss.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:58:50 PM

Bitcoin is definitely not a gamble!
Gambling is all about luck.
And bitcoin is different, the price of bitcoin is determined by the market!
Bitcoin has its own technical features and is still optimized, so it makes sense for him to have a market!
Buying a currency and not knowing whether it is going to go up or down seems like a gamble to me. The hope we all have is that, we are going to buy and hope that the value is going to rise and maybe gain some profits.
Nope, not us. You are the only one that is doing that. You are buying and having some hope that the value might go up to the price point that you really like to sell but if you have proper knowledge of analyzing possibilities then you can easily predict or have a perspective if the coin is really worth to invest as of now or not.
kurian

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 03:01:03 PM

Bitcoin is virtual money.. You can gamble with Bitcoin but you can't say Bitcoin itself a gambling..

Goodsamaritan

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:01:28 PM

Well in my opinion, bitcoin is not gambling it is the method on how you out to the risk your bitcoin. Investing bitcoin is not gambling while converting your bitcoin in a such of volatile value is a gambling. There is where you will put your risk whether you will convert the bitcoin in a unpredictable value.
derdgzmn30

Activity: 93
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:05:25 PM

It depends on how you will use bitcoin, if you will use it in mining or trading but for me bitcoin is gambling because you don't know when will bitcoin will rise up or will rise down. You just predict its value.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
serverus

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:11:07 PM

Bitcoin is not a gamble But its like gambling. Bitcoin offers good profit for everyone. You will risk your money for a big opportunity of getting rich. Bitcoin is a short period investment. Also consider that it is decentralized so no one is backing up. Dont gamble what you cant afford to lose. Always take time to learn on how you can effectively invest ypur money.
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:24:44 PM

It’s just the opinion of someone who doesn’t know how bitcoin created so that’s why someone said bitcoin is gambling.
I believe investing is not gambling. But bitcoin is beneficial for us in a long-term.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:50:45 PM

Its not gambling, many people who invest in Bitcoin and losses their money are those who thinks bitcoin is gambling, everyone would probably say a wrong thing about good stuff if they didn't get what they expected from it. Other people thinks bitcoin is gambling because value is not very stable and it can drop very low making it very risky to keep.

I don't think you get the subject. Some people are considering bitcoin as gambling because you are investing onto something that doesn't exist. People
who regard bitcoin as gambling believe that there's always a possibility that it will lose its value. It could be the reason why some people consider bitcoin as gambling.

Well, All of us, has our own opinion, we should respect what they believe into.

1discovery

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:26:17 PM

Yea. Bitcoin is not gambling though some people see it from that angle since its worth goes up and down. But I think its not, its just an investment.
ranz_18

Activity: 112
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:31:13 PM

Its not gambling, many people who invest in Bitcoin and losses their money are those who thinks bitcoin is gambling, everyone would probably say a wrong thing about good stuff if they didn't get what they expected from it. Other people thinks bitcoin is gambling because value is not very stable and it can drop very low making it very risky to keep.

I don't think you get the subject. Some people are considering bitcoin as gambling because you are investing onto something that doesn't exist. People
who regard bitcoin as gambling believe that there's always a possibility that it will lose its value. It could be the reason why some people consider bitcoin as gambling.

Well, All of us, has our own opinion, we should respect what they believe into.
I didn't think so that bitcoin is not a gambling. Bitcoin price is volatile, the future price is hard to predict that is why anyone can play its volatality. Most of time it is profitable but there are times that it may lose your capital or investment.
reyzel27

Activity: 135

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:56:04 PM

really bitcoin is not gambling,This is money investing, and it's a work on internet. and I don't why people say bitcoin is gambling.
olatslodi

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:15:50 PM

Bitcoin is not gambling, because Bitcoin is a digital electronic currency and basically a bitcoin still can not be gambling. Though bitcoin produces a lot of opportunity for us to have some huge profit. I have been investing in it and bringing in income for my Family. If some people considered it as a gambling then I respect their views it all depends on how to use it.
Jexjatto

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:04:19 PM

Well I think it's gambling and it's not, the fact that you buy bit coins with your fiat currency and then wait for it to appreciate before you sell, now that is trading, everyone is just trying o make profits in this world, ad when some people are gaining, some are loosing..
mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:32:47 PM

Yes, the company of bitcoin is not gambling it was created to help all people to earn money and promote the innovation in our society to have a better life in future.
Vermilion-

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:36:03 PM

We are investing in it and investments are not gambling. It's like when we invest in share market and shares of that company goes up and down but it is not a gambling.Like that only Bitcoin is not a gambling it's an investment platform . According to me there is very much difference between gambling and Bitcoin.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:38:51 PM

I don't know why people say bitcoin is gambling. Its not gambling.
I have not heard this one before but if we categorise bitcoin to be an investment then it might as well be a gamble.
You are investing your money and time. You use your internet. So its not gambling dealing with it.
IMO Money, time, internet those are just resources to aid the use of our bitcoin....
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:43:37 PM

Yeah right, buying bitcoin or selling bitcoin couldn't be consider as gambling. As I thought gambling is the process of wagering your money wishing for luck that it could be multiplied by a fraction or could be gone with the wind. While when you buy bitcoin, it will not be disappeared, only the price value could be change due time. But, if someone use bitcoin in gambling, the bitcoin itself couldn't be consider as gambling but the activity itself.  
benalexis12

Activity: 854
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:46:42 PM

I don't know why people say bitcoin is gambling. Its not gambling. You are investing your money and time. You use your internet. So its not gambling dealing with it.

They said that because they just know bitcoin as internet of money without any source of income, well this people are very desperate until such time they will know that bitcoin is more important in any currency in the world.

ManMadeBox

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:58:37 PM

It is little bit like gambling, because there is no concrete application yet. The only difference is that we are gambling that this technology will pay off in the future
EtherSportz

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:01:48 PM

While I essentially agree with the argument made repeatedly in this thread that bitcoin is a currency/investment, I think if we're honest with ourselves, we'd admit that bitcoin holders are about 50/50 right now. That is 50% gamblers (or, lets call them "wild speculators" so we don't split hairs), and 50% true believers/investors. It wasn't always this way, but especially in 2017 I think that's been increasingly the case. These gamblers are the people who freak out every time bitcoin makes any movement whatsoever. They are the people who constantly try to figure out which ICO they can hold and dump 20 minutes later. They are the people who, everytime they get a whiff of a government even thinking about imposing some kind of regulation, they sell everything. So bitcoin itself isn't gambling, but a lot of the people involved are, in a sense, gamblers. And I know that because they barely understand the thing that they've invested in. A normal investor, buying into a company, usually at least has some general conception about that company's business model and prospects. In crypto, I really feel about half of the people have no idea of whats going on at all, don't understand the technology, its possible applications, its origins, and instead just hope to make a quick buck on the hot new thing.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: