Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens when there is NO electricity? How does one trade with BTC?  (Read 3075 times)
Gila uang

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:22:20 PM

I think we can't do anything if there is no electricity, bitcoin that time would be useless. I hope we can't experience that bad calamity no electricity because it's affected not only bitcoin also the community.

I think It's an unreasonable question, because not only bitcoin trade will be affected, but all things powered by electricity will also disappear. Imagine life without energy, surely you will struggle everyday life by knowing that we are already living in this comfortable world because of gadgets or objects that use electricity. If it's gone then it's messed up.
You will not really bother or to troubleshoot these things first when there is a power outage surely you will find to secure your first family, loved ones about how to live without electricity rather than thinking about how you will be able to trade with bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitexpert2017

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:41:52 PM

Since you need an internet connection, a cellphone or any smart devices to log in to your account, and you also want to trade using bitcoin and there's no electricity or connection, the trade is not valid.
Bolivar_Tony

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:38:50 PM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Is there a way to still trade with BTC in such situations?  

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

I can be sure that if the world that no longer exists in this world power would inevitably survive and sustain the power shortage, then Bitcoin too should be traded and paid primarily for a net so that investors can grasp the market, I think will not survive without electricity.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:02:57 PM

Well, if we have NO electricity we will have much bigger problems than BTC Transaction issues!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
SchiefelbeinBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:23:44 AM

I dont think I know it. But it is sure that, its really a matter to think over. It can make people scammed if we cant cope up with it
magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:52:14 AM

If there's a natural disaster cutting off electricity for days, trading bitcoin should be least of your worries really. Priorities man.

Yes I agree to that fact because if something happens that makes the electricity cut off the least you would think of is of course the bitcoins. But I also think that if you really need to do some transactions in that time make sure that you have a battery for your phone because that will do but the thing is the internet connection so you can just transact an offline wallet transaction. But i am oretty sure that you will think of other things if the electricity cut off rather than wondering how can you transact to bitcoins at all
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:04:43 AM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

If you want to relate the cryptocurrency and the internet then obviously a lot of things will become useless not just cryptocurrency, bitcoins fame and popularity from social are all because of the internet so there is no way to trade in the market if electricity is gone.

Ryanpogi

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:45:19 AM

You will be able to access a power bank to use your android phone. pwede naman yung. the phone is used for trading in btc ..
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:28:24 AM

An interesting question. Wink
Actually, electricity or the internet is too important for any profession in technology, communication, economics, society ... with my views on the question, What will happen and what can be done when power outage. All transactions will be suspended.
Probably, there is a prepared source of electricity from solar. We will find for more preserved energy that can be use to have electricity since it is important for the technology. Everything will shutdown if ever electricity shuts, and trading will not be processed. Even our gadgets will be useless. Unlike before, life will be boring and have to find another job to do in order to earn little amount.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
ronics

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:27:57 AM

for me it's quite easy to solve such things because today's internet site is very modern now because there are so many users using standard equipment such as a generator that is used to use electricity that can be used let's make sure we get rid of electricity so we can keep going with bitcoin to trade it forever.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:10:43 AM

Bitcoin is anonymous, do you understand anonymously? Can in the real world be anonymous?
You can not trade using btc if you do not have electricity and internet connection. Both are important to trade, if both do not exist then they can not trade. Countries such as puerto rico can no longer trade, because there is no electricity.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 06:35:36 AM

The further the technological progress moves in our technocratic society, the more we become dependent on advanced technologies. The Crypto currency is still at the top of the current technologies. Therefore, if in you temporarily for some reason the electricity disappears, you need to look for ways to eliminate this problem. Perhaps it's worth thinking about buying solar panels to have your own source of energy. If you mean the lack of energy in the global sense as a great natural disaster, then without the Internet and electricity, the crypto currency will be out of reach for us.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:37:46 AM

bitcoin is not an alternative to cash yet. so it is not an issue at all. you cant buy fresh water or food with bitcoin. even if you buy you pay so much transaction fee and you have to wait so long for approvals. but in the future maybe after lightening network it will be possible. and no without electricity or any power supply you cant do any payment.
I think this is one of the challenges that might affect the role of BTC. Significantly, electricity, internet, cellular tower, power supply are its major sources of data to let nodes establish contact in the network. It would cause inconvenience along the way and it's quite difficult. I think fiat would still be an option if it would happen, but I would suggest that the smart course of action is diversification.
Yeah I agree with you. The controllers should think about it because bitcoin depends upon internet and if there is no internet all the investors will lose their money and there will no record of their money and they would not be able to claim their money because of the decentralization. His problem should be solved and there must be an alternate to use our bitcoin.
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:46:53 AM

no electricity means that, no water, no gas, no energy, no internet etc, so measn that no life, so if there is no life, we dont neet btc anymore.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:42:43 AM

use mobile devices for this or refer to friends who are familiar to assist in trading bitcoin or pay bills for electricity Wink
Yeah this one method is great. Really if you have got no electricity for the time being, not a problem. Just use your mobile devices and pads for all such trading and checking the market. Because all such platforms can be accessible from the mobile devices as well. But if you are talking in the sense that when there would be no electricity at all, then brother leave this world and relax.
teeevnglst

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:19:11 AM

No you cant simply you need a internet connection for it to work but thats really why im here its a calamity why would you ever think to trade its dangerous and you would still want to make money.

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
genocide

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:30:28 AM

In this kind of situation, wherein we don't have control over the nature, what important is the lives of the people and forget for a while about trading and investing. For sure having no electricity is not for a lifetime. Then, trade again if it is already fixed.
rosepetals

Activity: 650

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:06:16 AM

Obviously cryptocurrencies will become worthless,in trading and doing different transactions nowadays were dependent on the existence of electricity,in real life or in a cryptocommunity.Electricity is life,that is why we have lots of sources in it and its impossible to lose  it since this is very important to our life.

lokanot0

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 03:31:54 AM

If there is a natural disaster and the issue is how to buy resources using BTC during electricity outage, then that country using BTC as their currency has a very big problem. BTC can only be used through network, well you can manage to trade through your phones or other gadgets that has battery, but eventually it would run out.
PonyBoy

Activity: 313

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:09:59 AM

Even though you always have to be aware of the safety of your exchange or the wallet that you use.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: