Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:28:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens when there is NO electricity? How does one trade with BTC?  (Read 3076 times)
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:08:43 AM

Bitcoin is very dependent on internet access and the internet certainly uses electricity, if there is no electricity then we can not automatically access the internet so we will never know bitcoin, we must be grateful to the inventor of electricity.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:35:00 AM

Yes, an interesting question you asked in many developing countries there are problems with electricity supply, it is often disconnected without warning in this case it is necessary to purchase a diesel generator of electricity in order not to depend on a centralized supply of electricity.
but if there is an automatic power outage the Internet network will weaken because some may not work well because of lack of electrical energy to be able to run it, so if you use diesel power generator, can make sure the internet connection you use will be slightly disturbed even will run long enough to be able to access anything,
Yes there is many ways to make sure internet connection and  electricity will be able and that's why solar penal can solve every problem of internet connection, so bitcoin is available for every one and that's why bitcoin is more beneficial for every person.
Maybe someday there will be a new innovation that is environmentally friendly to replace electric power but for now we know. we are very dependent on electricity. without electricity we will not be able to operate the internet, mobile phones, computers, laptops and so forth. so without electricity we will not be able to trade
danwanyd

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:51:39 AM

It's digital currency, it's about the Internet and the digital world, so you can't use bitcoin without electricity.

In any case, you'll have to stop trading. It's impossible to live without electricity.
auliasilvana

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:10:24 AM

If someday there is no electricity anymore. Surely we will not be able to trade with Bitcoin. Because to access Bitcoin alone we do need electricity and if there is no electricity we have to stop our trade with Bitcoin.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
heninur

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:55:13 AM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Is there a way to still trade with BTC in such situations?  

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

I think this may be one of the shortcomings possessed by bitcoin, if there is no electricity then we can not trade to buy everything we need, because nowadays everything that is done depends on electricity first, including ordering Through the internet.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
roxbit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:09:04 AM

Yes, an interesting question you asked in many developing countries there are problems with electricity supply, it is often disconnected without warning in this case it is necessary to purchase a diesel generator of electricity in order not to depend on a centralized supply of electricity.
but if there is an automatic power outage the Internet network will weaken because some may not work well because of lack of electrical energy to be able to run it, so if you use diesel power generator, can make sure the internet connection you use will be slightly disturbed even will run long enough to be able to access anything,
Yes there is many ways to make sure internet connection and  electricity will be able and that's why solar penal can solve every problem of internet connection, so bitcoin is available for every one and that's why bitcoin is more beneficial for every person.

The answer is if no electricity and no internet connection there is no bitcoin trading can happen. Cryptocurrency transactions requires internet connections. You cannot proceed, transsact and cannot transfer funds and payments without it. The blockchain is dependent on internet due to its unique design that needs to be recorded in the system.
Mancung

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:45:39 AM

When the electricities gone, it would be a global catastrophic.. Not only btc or cryptos, all mankind would be suffer. There wont be a civilization like now if its not because of electricity. So, this crypto wont be exist without it.
You know what?? i think it would be good for the earth.. as it can decreasing the global warming effects
Elrozaq

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:26:22 AM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Is there a way to still trade with BTC in such situations?  

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

I think, you don't. For a transaction to be validated you need to send it over the network. And this needs electricity and connection. How can you trade BTC? it is impossible.
PonyBoy

Activity: 313

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:57:43 AM

Altcoins and bitcoin greatly relies on the internet. Since it's a digital money, therefore it can only be accessed with the presence of internet.
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:01:01 AM

hahah if there is no electricty in the world i think we have to think another things before bitcoin trading, like water,heat,health etc.
dz roknroll27

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:52:02 AM

Electricity is the source of all human activity. without electricity these new technologies we have today wouldnt be possible or in a simpler word nothing, we got nothing but people roaming around the world.
squog

Activity: 462

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:56:01 AM

If there is no electricity in the area, i don't think anyone will trade there because hey, there's no way you can actually trade or even do banking without electricity. Next is if you're in a hurricane, then i think preparing yourself and your funds would be smart. Besides, you can't also do your banking in the middle of a freaking hurricane

pokeronlinestatus

Activity: 455
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:50:31 AM

Concerning bitcoin it is up to you to decide what to do, to hold or to sell, so it can be considered more safe.
There can be no one other than you yourself who will be more concerned regarding the crypto currencies which you are having as it is you who will be responsible for good and bad and that you must be sure that you are doing the right thing at the right time. in case, there is no electricity, I don’t think so that it will be possible for anyone of us to either trade or do any other thing related to that of the crypto currencies like that of performing of the transactions.
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:13:52 AM

We  all know that internet is the main ingredient of Blockchain technology so if electricity will be gone. I think everything will become useless. BTC will not exist.

I don't know if there is no electricity in the world the crypto currencies are not to be usable it will be an important thing for all the people we need to make alternative idea for this.

Honestly, it is difficult to imagine that this can happen. In this case, there will be no Internet, and all the virtual money will really become useless. Hope, we will not see such catastrophe.
tazman

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:17:13 AM

One of the most important is electricity when doing trade with BTC everyone is affecting to it, we all know we need internet or power to transact if no electricity it will not work because crypto is basically a blockchain technology that need internet network.so its really important not just us people with BTC but with everyone
TechnoBibble

Activity: 179

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:37:45 AM

No electricity means you can't trade because doing trading needs connection if you don't have this you can't do it. But some people used cellphone as trading, is it true? If its true, it is good to hear that because if you don't have a connection in your place then you can load it so you will have a internet connection to start doing trading.
justicesquadron

Activity: 215

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:01:57 PM

Of course it would be hard to trade if you do not have electricity and extra batteries for the gadgets that are being used in trading. We have to wait for the electricity to be able to trade again.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:29:10 PM

We  all know that internet is the main ingredient of Blockchain technology so if electricity will be gone. I think everything will become useless. BTC will not exist.

I don't know if there is no electricity in the world the crypto currencies are not to be usable it will be an important thing for all the people we need to make alternative idea for this.

Honestly, it is difficult to imagine that this can happen. In this case, there will be no Internet, and all the virtual money will really become useless. Hope, we will not see such catastrophe.
No electricity then no internet. if there is no internet of course there will be no bitcoin transactions that can be done and there will be no moving market. You're right that electricity and internet are the main necessities nowadays. hard to imagine for no electricity in this world. it is impossible to happen dude
kb24mvp

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:47:44 PM

If there is no electricity then we should turn off the computer and go out with friends. Or maybe go to a family picnic. We can not trade Bitcoin without electricity
Oto3

Activity: 195

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:02:42 PM

No electricity = No internet connection. So, you can't broadcast your transaction to the Blockchain. Actually, electricity is the main source in this world. So, it's impossible to trade it with BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: