Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:28:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What are some disadvantages of BTC?  (Read 7895 times)
Dulanjaya

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:53:02 PM

Bitcoin is virtual money on the other hand bitcoin does not exist physically, so, huge thing which are related to bitcoin happens through the internet, therefore, bitcoin is used pay an advance for drug, gun dealings, not only that but also bitcoin scams ,gambling happens hugely. Those are the some disadvantageous of BTC.
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:59:26 PM

We all know the advantages of BTC, but what are some of the disadvantages??

The only disadvantage of bitcoins is, it can be used by everyone like those people who are trying to do some illegal transactions like drug laundering and since it was a digital currency then it will be really hard to trace and this are the problems that governments are avoiding in different country.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:03:57 PM

the disadvantage of bitcoin is when his price deacrese you lose your money for example if you invest 500$ in btc you can't find the same value of your money when the price of btc is low
Maryverycool

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:11:31 PM

Bitcoin transactions are slow and require high fees.
Its prices are volatile and volatile. In countries around the world, few stores support bitcoin payments.
alekseidanilov0803

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:13:38 PM

one of the drawbacks of Bitcoin - This is a huge transfer fee on the stock exchanges for projects that take a very large amount of money
Chinatsu Akasaki

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 01:33:58 PM

Some of disadvantages of bitcoin include the fluctuations in its value. While it serves as an advantage because the amount of bitcoin can increase and decrease significantly, it also serves as a disadvantage because we dont know when will this happens and the market of bitcoin doesn't have a pattern or a cue when will it's value increase/decrease compared to stock market where analyst have multiple formulated equations to compute for the increase/decrease in the value of the market. Another disadvantage is since bitcoin is getting popular, there is also an increase in number of scammers in the community, so its becoming difficult to find a way where to productively earn a bitcoin.
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 01:42:38 PM

The advantages of bitcoin are also its disadvantages depending on the current situation of the market. Here are some of disadvantages of using bitcoin today:

1. The volatility of bitcoin is a double-edged sword, very unpredictable in its price and might result to a profit/loss on an individual;
2. Its limited supply of 21 million in the market;
3. Some counties ban the usage of bitcoin, resulting to a decrease on potential investors;
4. There are many external factors that can affect its price like the banning of ICOs in China; and
5. Its decentralized nature makes it as a perfect medium under the dark web for illegal transactions.

Those are some of my opinions regarding its disadvantages but the advantages of using bitcoin in the community supersede all of those what I stated. There may be some drawbacks from transacting bitcoin but let us not forget its endless opportunities in the community.
I agree with you, for example we buy bitcoin today, hoping its price will rise but it drop drastically. I am also still worried about the total supply of bitcoin that only reached the limit of 21 millions. how the next time the supply in the market runs out? whether there will be more supply, or bitcoin ends on the 21 million supply.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
sandaru

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:42:55 PM

In my case, I'm not having troubles in using and trading bitcoin now. Actually, i think that my goals are slowly achieved. Sometimes there may be a small thing that I may consider it as disadvantage and that is the indirect cash.. but it is only a minor  issue. But there is a purpose on that and I know it is for security of trades and purchases.  Considering all the things I like the way bitcoin treat the people and soon it will pump up more and more in the future and a number of people are trusting bitcoin..
MS.LAWLIET

Activity: 221

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:52:40 PM

Bitcoin can't be reach if you are on a place with a very low internet signal. Bitcoin can't be used in any country because on some it is illegal. It has a very unpredictable value which can betrayed us any moment for we risk our money for it.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:59:26 PM

One of the disadvantages of the bitcoin is people in our society become more greedy to earn more money. There are some of people who do bad way for them to earn bitcoins. I think it is true that the money is the root of evil. Bitcoin can be considered as a money and some people are using bitcoin in bad way.

jeraldme

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:08:00 PM

Bitcoin for me is good, but their are some disadvantage of them, like you can't hold physical, their are no bank to hold your'e bitcoin.
Cduff

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:10:55 PM

High energy
Course too random
Undeveloped currency in the real world
stephylarde

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:13:39 PM

The advantages of bitcoin are also its disadvantages depending on the current situation of the market. Here are some of disadvantages of using bitcoin today:

1. The volatility of bitcoin is a double-edged sword, very unpredictable in its price and might result to a profit/loss on an individual;
2. Its limited supply of 21 million in the market;
3. Some counties ban the usage of bitcoin, resulting to a decrease on potential investors;
4. There are many external factors that can affect its price like the banning of ICOs in China; and
5. Its decentralized nature makes it as a perfect medium under the dark web for illegal transactions.

Those are some of my opinions regarding its disadvantages but the advantages of using bitcoin in the community supersede all of those what I stated. There may be some drawbacks from transacting bitcoin but let us not forget its endless opportunities in the community.
-Bitcoins are not widely accepted.
-Wallet can be lost.
-Bitcoin Valuation Fluctuates.
-No buyer protection.
-Risk of unknown technical flaws.
-Built in Deflation.
-No Valuation Guarantee.
ccabz

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:15:45 PM

================

There are actually lots of disadvantages of when it comes to Cryptocurrency Market and that includes Bitcoin currency. But what I can really think of is Security Issues and prone to Theft. Lots of exposures through this market is potential to scams and fraud. You also don't have an assurance that your investment will increase or you can even lose a profit if the market is not going well. However, if you have the perseverance to proceed and continue for a long term investment, this is actually a good option for you!  Cheesy Cheesy CheesyBTCBTCBTC
cyruh203

Activity: 165

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:17:31 PM

bitcoin is volatile and decentralize, the disadvantage of this is we dont know when will be the price going down or up. we dont know also if we gonna loss the money or gain profit. other disadvantages is, due to the fact that btc is unonymous some people are taking advantage of making bad thing like scamming and money laundering.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
Marileno

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:18:17 PM

1. High transaction costs (ridiculous right now)
2 Slow confirmation speeds
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:20:54 PM

The disadvantages pf bitcoins are also their advantages especially them being volatile and we all know that the world is not always positive so veing volatile means that lossing money can also be a possible. So a lot of people who invested in bitcpins when there was 20k in the market are now suffering fpr a huge lose alnost a half of their money.
Jdragon6x6

Activity: 247

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:24:13 PM

The disadvantages of Bitcoin is lack of awareness and understanding, for example, a Companies accepting Bitcoin as payment. However, if they do not have a knowledgeable to understands what is digital currencies, because many people are still unaware of digital currencies they need to be educated about Bitcoin.
Owl129

Activity: 203

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:27:42 PM

Advantages in some people are disadvantages of some in bitcoin. A disadvantage of bitcoin is its price being volatile, people refuses to invest in bitcoin because its price is not stable at a high price. But it is an advantage because when the price of bitcoin is low they can buy bitcoin then when it becomes high they will sell it and earn a lot of profit. Its disadvantage also is its transaction being slow in processing. Also as of now bitcoin is not legalized worldwide and some government see it as a threat and sometimes ban it.

jamiebear

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:43:57 PM

One disadvantage is that bitcoin prices are very volatile and increases/decreases at a very high pace. Speculators wish to take advantage of it but genuine investors thinks of it as too risky and therefore all the investors does not invest in Bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: