Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:09:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Block Erupter USB Out of Stock - kosmo will be back!  (Read 33282 times)
kosmokramer (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:03:54 PM

I'm supposed to ask - what are you selling now/next ?  She'll buy some...

I'm waiting for a response from ASICMiner. I believe they are getting more of the USB block erupters manufactured, but I have not heard back yet about an ETA. If any of you urgently need hardware, I encourage you to look into group buys that may be close to ordering - they should all be very competitively priced at this point.

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:31:28 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 01:17:58 AM by kosmokramer

Just posted two more block erupters on BitMit: https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/36457-asicminer-block-erupters-usb-336-mhash-instock-ships-today

ONE RED ERUPTER and ONE BLACK ERUPTER - 2.15 BTC each.

SOLD OUT AGAIN

These will likely be some of the last ones for a while - still working with ASICM to restore inventory.

Naelr

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 04:43:31 PM

Still waiting to hear about some gold ones!!!!!  I just want one!

Naelr

Join me in hosted mining.  And always use 2 Factor Auth whenever possible.
CEX.IO hosting mining
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:29:52 PM

yeah, i want to differentiate the ones i bought on eBay from the ones bought with mined coin by color. i only want to buy the yellow ones with mined coined.   Cool
hyperdallas

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:26:21 PM

Hello kosmo, will you be offering the new one you get in stock at a lower price? since the company selling them for .89 each will you sell for 1.00 each or something like that?
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 11:37:42 PM

Trust me - I will continue to offer you all the best price available to me paired with the best service you can imagine. New pricing will be advertised immediately upon receiving new stock.

rsbriggs

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:08:13 AM

Nice thing being, if you geting to 1,000 bought, they will refund difference in historical price paid and .89 BTC each.   Hoping you give brother good deal since he buying last 4 you have at old price thinking he so smart.
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:41:03 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 11:46:28 AM by kosmokramer

My loyal USA customers:

If you've been satisfied with my service thus far and want it to continue, I encourage you to leave honest feedback about my business practices on this thread, so ASICMiner can make an informed decision regarding a re-seller partnership. It would likely take you 60 seconds or less.

Also, please take this poll to let ASICMiner know what you value most in your hardware purchase.

Please see my OP ... TL:DR - I would love to continue serving you all, but only as a exclusive US re-seller with standard privileges and protections.

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:58:21 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 11:21:35 AM by gmaxwell

Mod note: kosmokramer requested removal of the friedcat contact info.
So you gingerly PM me once in a while and then complain if I "get in your sales" then you kinda insinuate your comform level with setting up some kind of an oligopoly between us (of which I want no part)... and now you want to strong arm friedcat by asking people to flood his inbox with PMs.
how low can you get??? disgusting
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:11:55 AM

Like many re-sellers, the recent price drop did affect my sustainability and my willingness to continue "fronting" my own money has definitely been reduced.

I still refuse to participate in any form of "pre-order" at this time, of which, I consider group buys to be variant of. As such, the only way I will consider continuing to serve you is as an authorized ASICMiner re-seller with privileges and protections that are standard in such relationships.

I don't refuse to participate in working hard and running group buys to deliver to people.  I have not lost my willingness either.

Why are you asking people to flood friedcat's PM?  You are very culturally insensitive by doing this and it shows that you lack any negotiation skills.

This is nasty, unprofessional and pretty low...

Your former customers are welcome at my group buy since you don't want to participate in further sales: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241414.0
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:24:39 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 08:35:07 AM by kosmokramer

Thank you, Canary, you've made your opinion quite clear. I've always respected the professionalism with which you conduct your sales (of which, I've participated in), but these last two posts are exactly why I feel like it's time to have some sort of re-seller agreements (not necessarily 'exclusive', but offer some order and protection for trustworthy sellers).

You're just insulting me with off-the-cuff, defensive, ad hominem attacks (with some hefty accusations I might add); cluttering my thread without taking any effort to see my perspective. I value my relationship with friedcat and the last thing I'd want to do is offend him; we're all grown ups here (I think). If my customers felt like I was asking them to SPAM someone, I would certainly hope they would have the restraint to not follow-through.

This is a customer service oriented business and the only true measure of such an operation is feedback - directly from the source. I honestly thought, if anything, ASICM would appreciate me arranging such data collection. I would love to hear what my customers think!

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:27:57 AM

Thank you, Canary, you've made your opinion quite clear. I've always respected the professionalism with which you conduct your sales (of which, I've participated in), but these last two posts are exactly why I feel like it's time to have some sort of re-seller agreements (not necessarily 'exclusive', but offer some order and protection for trustworthy sellers).

You're just insulting me with off-the-cuff, defensive, ad hominem attacks (with some hefty accusations I might add); cluttering my thread without taking any effort to see my perspective. I value my relationship with friedcat and the last thing I'd want to do is offend him; we're all grown ups here (I think). If my customers felt like I was asking them to SPAM someone, I would certainly hope they would have the restraint to not follow-through.

everything is exactly spot on here.  this is not a debate so please don't cry about "ad hominem attacks" etc...  you've shown your true colors.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:38:17 AM

everything is exactly spot on here.  this is not a debate so please don't cry about "ad hominem attacks" etc...  you've shown your true colors.

As a impartial observer i personally like the idea of multiple sellers.... its best for the miner and community.    I think having multiple people including Canary and Kosmo as well as any others to come is best.   Having one seller is just a way to line his pocket with money.
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:45:44 AM

I think having multiple people including Canary and Kosmo as well as any others to come is best.   Having one seller is just a way to line his pocket with money.

I think some assumptions are being made by my use of the word "exclusive" in my OP. I certainly am not implying that I want to be the only seller here - Canary appears to be reacting a bit before even talking to me (this isn't the first time this has happened, review this thread).

I am simply requesting some pricing protection as a trusted re-seller. It's hard to stay in business when the product you're selling changes in price so drastically. Details of my request have been emailed to ASICM, which seems appropriate since it is between me and them.

I would encourage anyone who has questions to just PM me (including you, Canary!). I'm a friendly guy, I just want to keep working and providing excellent service. I'm not as complicated and "scheming" as is being implied here!

I would like to add, as an impartial observer, how do you view one re-seller so clearly attacking another in his own thread as is happening above? This just seems way out of line based on the neutral post I made!

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:25:12 AM

I think having multiple people including Canary and Kosmo as well as any others to come is best.   Having one seller is just a way to line his pocket with money.

I think some assumptions are being made by my use of the word "exclusive" in my OP. I certainly am not implying that I want to be the only seller here - Canary appears to be reacting a bit before even talking to me (this isn't the first time this has happened, review this thread).

I am simply requesting some pricing protection as a trusted re-seller. It's hard to stay in business when the product you're selling changes in price so drastically. Details of my request have been emailed to ASICM, which seems appropriate since it is between me and them.

I would encourage anyone who has questions to just PM me (including you, Canary!). I'm a friendly guy, I just want to keep working and providing excellent service. I'm not as complicated and "scheming" as is being implied here!

I would like to add, as an impartial observer, how do you view one re-seller so clearly attacking another in his own thread as is happening above? This just seems way out of line based on the neutral post I made!
Good luck in your endeavors
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:29:49 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 11:47:26 AM by kosmokramer

*sigh* now to repeat this due to some unscheduled drama...

My loyal USA customers:

If you've been satisfied with my service thus far and want it to continue, I encourage you to leave honest feedback about my business practices on this thread, so ASICMiner can make an informed decision regarding a re-seller partnership. It would likely take you 60 seconds or less.

Also, please take this poll to let ASICMiner know what you value most in your hardware purchase.

Please see my OP ... TL:DR - I would love to continue serving you all, but only as a exclusive US re-seller with standard privileges and protections.

LazyOtto

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:37:03 AM

I think some assumptions are being made by my use of the word "exclusive" in my OP. I certainly am not implying that I want to be the only seller here
No, you are not implying it. You are flat out stating it.

And you restated it in your most recent post.

If you don't understand the definition of "exclusive", look it up.
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:02:00 AM

If you don't understand the definition of "exclusive", look it up.

Touché sir. It definitely appears to be associated with "one" and "single". TIL. I was under the impression that an "exclusive club" was open to a small group of people, not just one person. Hence, exclusive reseller - one of a small group in the US who has earned trust through hard work, dedication, and honesty.

Alas, the case I've been trying to make all along tonight is that I want to continue selling hardware and providing excellent service, but at present, the only way for me to do that is to buy inventory, cross my fingers, and *hope* I don't get undercut tomorrow with a price cut. I didn't start this to gamble, I started to provide a service (same-day shipping) that no one else appeared to be offering at a very fair price. I was under the impression that people enjoyed this service enough to support the transition to a dedicated reseller. I've been up night and day selling, working on a website, getting a BitPay account approved and setup, and all along I've had nothing but glowing feedback since I started. With ASICM's backing and support, I would be able to continue to offer such a service at prices similar to group buys (the best of both worlds), but I have yet to hear a response from them.  I'm simply asking for a little protection - that if I go through the trouble of gauging demand, placing an order, fulfilling orders, etc, they will make sure that I'm never forced to take losses on inventory ever again.

It's one thing to see my personally purchased hardware go on sale today, but it's entirely different to see business' inventory just lose half its value in one day - that seems like it's not conducive to a good reseller relationship and I feel like there must be something done to fix that.

I will continue patiently waiting for a response as I'm sure this has been a hectic day for them.

kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:57:19 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 01:42:22 PM by kosmokramer

Based on wise comments received, I would like to discourage customers from contacting friedcat/ASICMiner with feedback (previous posts have been edited - again, my apologies). They are likely swamped due to recent news announcements and the last thing I want to do is clutter their inboxes. Instead, please continue to leave feedback on this thread and also take my new poll.

Please take this poll to let ASICMiner know what you value most in your hardware purchase.

Based on feedback you've all provided me, I'm convinced customers crave a balance between fast shipping and low prices and one of the best ways to get there is to have a small pool of somewhat exclusive authorized re-sellers who have pricing and sales methods guided by manufacturer. I got pretty close previously as an In-Stock Non-Exclusive Re-Seller, but I just can't offer decent pricing or guaranteed inventory with fear of being undercut (look how wild my prices were at times and how unreliable my inventory was). I'm convinced that if ASICMiner moved to a somewhat exclusive In-Stock Re-Seller model, merchants would be more confident in offering same-day shipping at unbeatable prices and they would hold larger inventories. Of course, I'd love to help with that but only if that's what you guys desire! I have no interest in nudging you to purchase products in a format that you're not absolutely in love with. Take the poll and speak your mind!.

agibby5

Activity: 267

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:00:41 PM

I'm convinced that if ASICMiner moved to a somewhat exclusive In-Stock Re-Seller model, merchants would be more confident in offering same-day shipping at unbeatable prices and they would hold larger inventories.

I don't want to take this the wrong way, but it kinda sounds like you favor a monopoly... which would be bad for customers.  Yeah, you'd be safe and protected, but wouldn't it be negative for all of the monopoly's customers in the end?  I have gotten this sense in multiples of your posts, not just the one I'm quoting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: