Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:55:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin replace gold?  (Read 15628 times)
sandaru

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:02:19 AM

We cannot say it surely. But there is a tendency to store bitcoin in countries other than trying to store gold. Therefore, gold could be replaced by bitcoin in some day.
hardycoorps

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:59:08 AM

I really agree with your opinion, and I think the current price of gold is far behind the bitcoin price. and it is very likely that many people will move from investing in gold to switch to bitcoin. but that's just my opinion.
sdmaxx

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:35:35 PM

why not.. Unlike Gold, Bitcoin shows a great price increment, Bitcoin has very good future and it is an awesome field to invest on. 
It went 1000% up in last 12 months. Even if you bought BTC a year ago, you would have x10 times investment by now.
Boys27

Activity: 329
Merit: 100

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:00:31 PM

bitcoin will not replace gold, I think that may be replaced is cash, because bitcoin better than cash.bitcoin can not be equated with gold because gold is a precious metal and physical form while bitcoin not physical

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                         
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Paul stuart

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:02:31 PM

bitcoin is the gold of the internet, but the physical is always more preferable than the non-physical
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:09:00 PM

bitcoin will not replace gold, I think that may be replaced is cash, because bitcoin better than cash.bitcoin can not be equated with gold because gold is a precious metal and physical form while bitcoin not physical
well, sometimes people prefer something real rather than not. well, gold has a very high price since the first. not even haya price, gold is also considered as a very luxurious jewelry, and it becomes an important value that is not owned bitcoin.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:09:18 PM

hmmmm i think will have alot of trials to replace gold by bitcoin because gold is like a physical money now
even bitcoin is like a physical money now bitcoin cant replace gold in this time but it will be in the future
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:10:14 PM

well, sometimes people prefer something real rather than not. well, gold has a very high price since the first. not even haya price, gold is also considered as a very luxurious jewelry, and it becomes an important value that is not owned bitcoin.

Bitcoin is able to partially help with the current form of payment, although I think it is impossible to replace something that exists since such a huge amount of time. Very bitcoin but it is not possible.
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:38:21 PM

I don't think bitcoin can replace gold since they are both of different forms. Gold for one is a physically mined metal while bitcoin is a digital currency and its volatile. Though they both are good for investment, but they are of different categories. However, the disadvantage for gold is that the price difference or profit gained is not that high since its value isn't fluctuating unlike bitcoin.
I think the number of people use Bitcoin is more than gold. There is a popular university in my country has accepted their students use Bitcoin to pay school fee. More and more people have approached Bitcoin than gold. Bitcoin has also changed many people's life and it continuously gains trusts from people around the world.
This cannot be correct, people may use more bitcoin than gold to pay for things, that is correct since in many countries is illegal to pay for things with gold, but many people use gold all the time they use it as jewelry they use it as part of their electronic devices or they can use it as a way to store their wealth, remember the market cap of gold is still many times bigger than the market cap of bitcoin.
trk

Activity: 228

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:21:30 AM

You cant just compare apple with orange
Gold is a safe haven, the most stable for of investment in any situation even at war
While btc is more like a speculative investment, with higher profit of course

HBT_HE

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:28:20 AM

I don't think so. Gold is hard currency.  ;DIt's a valuable thing, not a bitcoin. It's a virtual thing that can replace it.
KeeKit

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:08:01 AM

Buying an actual physical gold may be a good idea though you will have to spend for safe storage and have to physically sell it when you need money for something. Buying bitcoin or any cryptocurrency for that matter is less-hassle way. It's value is increasing and you can always bring your wallet with you on your phone or laptop. It is never too late to invest. Let me also add  that The Propthereum ICO crowdsale will run off a decentralized Smart Contract that runs on the Ethereum Blockchain. It is secured with a 256-bit encryption which makes it secure and reliable. Propthereum Tokens will be minted as PTCs. These coins are a digital representation tracking
the funding of our ICO and crowdsale. The pre-ICO token sale will take place on November 10, 2017 at 12PM GMT. You may check this link for more information: www.propthereum.io
kush14

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:09:42 AM

Someday bitcoin can replace gold becaise of its high value in the market and it is less hassle than the reserve golds it is not as big as gold.
jamie_farrel

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:19:16 AM

I don't think it makes any sense to compare bitcoin with gold. So all these articles saying that 'bitcoin is about to kill gold' make me kind of mad.
After all, gold has been time-tested many times and has so many applications. What's more, gold does not need electricity to be traded. It's completely different and the only common thing I see is that both bitcoin and gold are internationally approved values. That's it.
Aceanyth

Activity: 119

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:29:08 AM

gold will remain gold. this is clearly different because gold and Bitcoin have significant differences. gold has existed from thousands of years ago served as a valuable item, while bitcoin appears not yet even 10 years old and we also still see its development. for me gold is great for those who want long-term investments and Bitcoin is a way to invest in the short term. so gold can not replace Bitcoin and Bitcoin will never replace gold.

Because gold is gold always. Bitcoin is bitcoin and it will stay as digital asset. It's not the competitor of old, so there is no problem by our side if bitcoin lose against gold. We see bitcoin as a different millenium digital asset honestly.

Some people try to say bitcoin is much better than gold. This is not a must for bitcoin.

I agree bitcoin will not replace gold. Gold is just gold, and gold is way more cooler than having bitcoins online that you can't see them in your house. While if you have gold it looks sick to have them. You can move them and store in a vault and you don't have to worry about hackers trying to get your wallet when you have bitcoins.
Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:34:00 AM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.
I'm nit sure if Bitcoin is better than Gold IN GENERAL. Gold is still a good investment because it is legal to most of the countries and also, it has a stable market value. Bitcoin may be a better investment and asset than Gold in the future but I doubt that it will replace gold or make Gold no longer be used by people since it's been a part of the market for decades.
Yankeestyle

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:46:26 AM

I don't think it makes any sense to compare bitcoin with gold. So all these articles saying that 'bitcoin is about to kill gold' make me kind of mad.
After all, gold has been time-tested many times and has so many applications. What's more, gold does not need electricity to be traded. It's completely different and the only common thing I see is that both bitcoin and gold are internationally approved values. That's it.

So every one of these articles saying that 'bitcoin is going to murder gold' make me sort of distraught.

All things considered, gold has been time-tried ordinarily and has such huge numbers of uses. Additionally, gold does not require power to be exchanged. It's totally unique and the main regular thing I see is that both bitcoin and gold are universally affirmed esteems. That is it
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:12:24 PM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.
I'm nit sure if Bitcoin is better than Gold IN GENERAL. Gold is still a good investment because it is legal to most of the countries and also, it has a stable market value. Bitcoin may be a better investment and asset than Gold in the future but I doubt that it will replace gold or make Gold no longer be used by people since it's been a part of the market for decades.
Bitcoin has a lot of advantages because with bitcoin you can use it to purchase things or use it as a mode of payment while gold is just like an idle object that when you bought it then you cannot do other things but to just keep it on a safe place or keep it while bitcoin opens more chances for you that can help you to grow that amount of bitcoin into a higher amount for faster gathering of profit.
pratik009

Activity: 365
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:21:56 PM

Bitcoin and gold are too much different from eachother.so it's not important that bitcoin replace gold or not.And bitcoin is king of cryptoworld And i think gold is in general world.And the gold price is too much stable where the btc price fluctuate too much.So btc is also good profitable for the traders.And i think btc is more secure than the gold and we easily do transaction of btc in all over world.so both are different and no need of replacement.
rajuahmed763

Activity: 456

🔥 Ultimate Launchpad on TON 🔥

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:31:13 PM

I don't think so
But there are some icos coming which are backed by gold
Hmmm. ICO was coming. But where you from hear this news? It is true news or false? If there will give, then it will be great . GOod project will it. Must we should join the gold ICO.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: