Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:34:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin replace gold?  (Read 15628 times)
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:25:39 AM

Gold is an untaxed commodity in the us. It is an insurance policy for bad times.i Gold is undervalued and so far this year is doing well. Gold is a universal legal tender. Gold does tend to go down when the fed raises rates as people move into bonds that pay yields but I think people are concerned with the overheated market and hedging with gold. I don't think u guys appreciate the 4,000 years gold has been accepted as currency and value. Please stop this nonsense. Btc is btc it's a good thing but incomparable to gold or stocks. Next someone will say btc will replace the Nasdaq or S and P. People don't loose confidence in gold, it has never been worth 0 in its thousands of year history and never will, please, I beg you, stop these nonsense posts you are being redicoulous plus there is 200 posts here saying this same thing
johnlhy251

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:35:44 AM

Bitcoin price now is 10 x the price of gold
Crypto Rock

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 06:44:34 AM

Gold is an untaxed commodity in the us. It is an insurance policy for bad times.i Gold is undervalued and so far this year is doing well. Gold is a universal legal tender. Gold does tend to go down when the fed raises rates as people move into bonds that pay yields but I think people are concerned with the overheated market and hedging with gold. I don't think u guys appreciate the 4,000 years gold has been accepted as currency and value. Please stop this nonsense. Btc is btc it's a good thing but incomparable to gold or stocks. Next someone will say btc will replace the Nasdaq or S and P. People don't loose confidence in gold, it has never been worth 0 in its thousands of year history and never will, please, I beg you, stop these nonsense posts you are being redicoulous plus there is 200 posts here saying this same thing

50% of gold that we have extracted on this planet has been used for jewelry. The last time gold was used as insurance policy in bad times was in WWII, and it did not work well (both for individuals and the governments), it''s heavy and hard to move around. Leading currencies are not pegged to gold for over a century. And above all, how many people that are under 30 today are buying and investing in gold?

Any digital commodity with limited supply has chance to become a reserve currency and replace gold in that function. Gold will still rule the jewelry market in our lifetime :-) 

Walrus1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:21:34 AM

50% of gold that we have extracted on this planet has been used for jewelry. The last time gold was used as insurance policy in bad times was in WWII, and it did not work well (both for individuals and the governments), it''s heavy and hard to move around. Leading currencies are not pegged to gold for over a century. And above all, how many people that are under 30 today are buying and investing in gold?

Any digital commodity with limited supply has chance to become a reserve currency and replace gold in that function. Gold will still rule the jewelry market in our lifetime :-) 

dude u couldn't be more wrong, gold is used as insurance against major issues aka cyber attacks, gold, financial upheaval and so many others. I've had gold for twenty years and it had served me well, please do your research and don't compare gold to crypto it defies logic
thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:52:42 AM

not replace because the bitcoin and gold are equally different. we are in the presence of real and virtual investments that are the same have the great potential for the future. choosing the same bitcoin and gold should have many considerations. bitcoin and gold can not be equated
For me bitcoin can replace gold. Bitcoin and gold have similarities and differences. Bitcoin and gold is just a money, we can earn money through this. If your holding bitcoin for how many years, the price of this keeps on increasing its price. Bitcoins price keeps on increasing day by day while gold, the price of this remains the same even you hold this for many years but the price of this remains the same. Bitcoin and gold is just the same, it is just a money that can buy anything but bitcoin can also buy stuffs online. Bitcoin too can also help us book ticket if we want to travel anywhere and we can send money through this.
kimkieu88

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:57:20 AM

It's hard for bitcoin to replace gold because gold is a precious metal and Gold trading has existed for thousands of years. The current trend of world is stills buy gold and the gold market is always hot
Samuel T. Ramirez

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:04:03 PM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.
According to Goldman Sachs investment bankers, despite the high demand for Bitcoin in the world, it is impossible to replace traditional gold.
  In addition, gold has a remarkable advantage over other commodities and assets, which have been borne out for hundreds of years, as a safe haven for investors when they occur. geopolitical instability.
echo11

Activity: 188
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:15:06 PM

I think this topic had been tossed up as well as criticized many times by the members whenever bitcoin was compared to gold. Bitcoin is something valued upon its usage in virtual world, but gold had been there since ages and IMHO, nothing could replace gold because it holds majority of support as it's something very special as well as precious as a metal being available in the market in less quantity just like bitcoins. Bitcoin can be considered a shadow of gold but can't replace it
muhsyakir

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:18:24 PM

If replaced will not, because between bitcoin and gold different, bitcoin can only be used for online only, while gold is the real thing, so between real and online objects will not replace each other.
cadiente014

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:30:50 PM

I dont think bitcoin will replace gold because gold have a stable value and it will not lost its value so many rich people tent to collect gold bars because of its value and stability while bitcoin is value is unstable and we dont know what will happen to bitcoin . if it will continue to increase or decrease its value or replace by another digital currency
honeyira

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:34:17 PM

Bitcoin and Gold both have some specific features in terms of making profit. Gold has been considered the most popular saving tool among the people regardless of nation or community. but the time has been changed, day by day Bitcoin is taking the control over the business platform. people are becoming dependent on the Bitcoin system. so it will replace of the gold in the future.

Gold is still a gold in time immemorial. Technology changes and btc is driven by technology  ten years from now technology will change and it could be the btc will be obsolete. But gold will remain the same regardless how fast the technology changes. BTC simply cannot replace gold.
haji lulung

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:47:36 PM

Bitcoin and gold are different things. Bitcoin will not replace gold and gold also will not replace bitcoin. Bitcoin is one of kinds growth technology while gold is a kind of goods / materials. The value of both is also different, bitcoin is always very fluctuative while gold is not like a bitcoin.
baho11

Activity: 263
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:17:38 PM

Gold will be hard to replace with anything including bitcoin, I'm sure even though bitcoin is legalized by all countries then gold will continue to be used and become the first choice of investment, this is because gold has a physical form, can be seen, accepted by anyone and anywhere.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:33:53 PM

Will not. Gold will still exist as an investment. In addition there are many golden fans, because it can be used as an accessory and investment in order to show the existence of self. Gold also has a limited amount like bitcoin, so the price trend also tends to rise even though not as fast as bitcoin.
I think those who are using bitcoin and they are investing in bitcoin so they can understand that where is gold standing and where is bitcoin standing bitcoin is much more better then gold because I try so many time gold but it give me lose whenever I invest in gold so I lose always and whenever I invest in bitcoin so it give me a profit so I will prefer bitcoin on gold because bitcoin is a life changing currency and I’m tank full to bitcoin.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
Walrus1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:40:17 PM

Will not. Gold will still exist as an investment. In addition there are many golden fans, because it can be used as an accessory and investment in order to show the existence of self. Gold also has a limited amount like bitcoin, so the price trend also tends to rise even though not as fast as bitcoin.
I think those who are using bitcoin and they are investing in bitcoin so they can understand that where is gold standing and where is bitcoin standing bitcoin is much more better then gold because I try so many time gold but it give me lose whenever I invest in gold so I lose always and whenever I invest in bitcoin so it give me a profit so I will prefer bitcoin on gold because bitcoin is a life changing currency and I’m tank full to bitcoin.
really, gold is up today, funny how you always lose with gold
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:04:12 PM

Before invest to Bitcoin or Gold, you have to calculate your risk first. First of all, the Bitcoin price is unstable and always fluctuation. While Gold can give you a safe fund for holding long term, you can lose 50% - 80% your funds within short time with Bitcoin, even 100% if you invested in Altcoin.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
Krispin47

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:41:05 AM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.
if you ask bitcoin will replace gold my answer is definitely yes because bitcoin is increasing the price and it has a possibility that increases than gold, people become rich in this system of bitcoin so if i have you now i will do it now
madainfamous

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:43:17 AM

We can't compare the two with each other because both are different in always though they have both good prices. Bitcoin is a digital thing while gold is a a physical thing. They have different markets that's why its impossible to replace each other.

inmediate.io | The Smart Insurance Platform
Making Policies Transparent and Trustworthy
ngerok

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:06:11 AM

Bitcoin will not replace gold that is actually used, but I believe bitcoin will be more valuable and useful than gold.
I think for now Bitcoin has replaced Gold, just look Gold price is very far and Bitcoin price is very high and if everyone knows about this surely the gold holders will move to Bitcoin
capsicumpepper

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:26:55 AM

Gold is a precious metal extracted from nature that is very real, while bitcoin in digital form. Although both places or tools to invest but still both can not be equated, even people who invest in bitcoin should be able to read the market because the price is very unstable once, so it must be monitored every time.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: