Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:18:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Open letter to Theymos regarding Butterfly Labs (BFL)  (Read 15261 times)
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:27:37 AM

That was 9 months back dumbass.
Yeah. Minirigs and Singles orders are 9 months old, too... Guess they're buried with the ancient truth, now, poor things.  Sad

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:27:53 AM

Sorry, not a lie.  We did not have any plans to raise the prices at that time.  However, in light of our increased costs due to the power usage, we were forced to raise the price.

Is that for real ?
Next you're going to tell people who ordered minirigs that the power usage increase makes it impossible, after all?

So you can tell anything today, and tomorrow...
 "Ooooh, look, the context have changed, so yesterday's truth is over, sorry. But I did not lie, since it was true yesterday."

You're very good, Josh, very, very good.
That was 9 months back dumbass. Which product, priced 9 months ago, after a major overhaul using twice the amount of original planned chips, twice the board size plus ditto casing and powerbrick, is still at it's original price setting?
The Avalon maybe? Oh yeah, that stayed unchanged, I mean, it was ripped of it's power supply, and went up 5 times it's original pricing wasn't it?

But Avalon is DELIVERING 66+Ghash while BFL still has PRE-ORDER for their 50Ghash unit after 1 year of development Smiley

Avalon's epeen>>>> BFL's epeen

MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:30:09 AM

Sorry, not a lie.  We did not have any plans to raise the prices at that time.  However, in light of our increased costs due to the power usage, we were forced to raise the price.

Is that for real ?
Next you're going to tell people who ordered minirigs that the power usage increase makes it impossible, after all?

"Ooooh, look, the context have changed, so yesterday's truth is over, sorry. But I did not lie, since it was true yesterday."

That was 9 months back dumbass. Which product, priced 9 months ago, after a major overhaul using twice the amount of original planned chips, twice the board size plus ditto casing and powerbrick, is still at it's original price setting?
The Avalon maybe? Oh yeah, that stayed unchanged, I mean, it was ripped of it's power supply, and went up 5 times it's original pricing wasn't it?
Tick tock
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:05:24 AM

Yeah. Minirigs and Singles orders are 9 months old, too... Guess they're buried with the ancient truth, now, poor things.  Sad
Does this imply you don't have an answer to the price change mechanism of hardware over 9 months time? The poor things are the fools standing by crying, probably because they won't be getting any. Tick tock, here comes my single 60GH/s, moved to production.

Sorry, not a lie.  We did not have any plans to raise the prices at that time.  However, in light of our increased costs due to the power usage, we were forced to raise the price.
Is that for real ?

But Avalon is DELIVERING 66+Ghash while BFL still has PRE-ORDER for their 50Ghash unit after 1 year of development Smiley

Yeah, 300 minus the missing ones from batch one, slowly some batch 2 dripping in. Batch 3, the $8800 ones, hahahaha. Say it again, how a $2499 single won't have a roi, but the $8800 avalon you will get someday, will?

Tick tock
Boooooooringgggg...

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:20:16 AM

Yeah, 300 minus the missing ones from batch one, slowly some batch 2 dripping in. Batch 3, the $8800 ones, hahahaha. Say it again, how a $2499 single won't have a roi, but the $8800 avalon you will get someday, will?

How many jally's did BFL shipped?

I don't even want to start with the chip amounts that each company has sold...

SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:20:33 AM

How the fuck should I know that, want a guess? 500?
Chip amounts don't mean shit, sold GH does, so 300+600+600(?) x 66GH/unit = 99TH for Avalon,
For Bfl it is easier to count the chips and multiply by 4(GH) or 3, because sold units are unknown, so 70k chips x 4GH/chip = 280TH or 70k x 3GH/chip = 210TH,
Fill in what you expect in GH or TH for the loose chips on top of that for Avalon. BFL will probably sell the same TH on top as those 70k chips, as more units and loose chips. If you think Avalon will do better, whoopee, big deal. I think even my next units will be in my hands before Avalon's or BFL's loose sold chips will be build on boards.
So far everybody seems to be waiting, whether it is for their Avalons or their BFL units, same boat, different directions, I choose BFL.
Have a nice evening.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
MooC Tals

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:21:14 AM

Yeah. Minirigs and Singles orders are 9 months old, too... Guess they're buried with the ancient truth, now, poor things.  Sad
Does this imply you don't have an answer to the price change mechanism of hardware over 9 months time? The poor things are the fools standing by crying, probably because they won't be getting any. Tick tock, here comes my single 60GH/s, moved to production.

Sorry, not a lie.  We did not have any plans to raise the prices at that time.  However, in light of our increased costs due to the power usage, we were forced to raise the price.
Is that for real ?

Tick tock
Boooooooringgggg...

Na I'll sit this one out and watch. To risky

It's quite sad to watch how hard you defend BFL, It's almost like you are basically saying your'e too far in to turn back. You have convinced you're self that this fairytale is true and no one, absolutely no one is going to convince you other wise.

Like I said before I'm out and BFL is just to risky.

Like come on here are my choices

1) Give my money to a liar or criminal, depending on who we are talking about.
2) Give my money to a company that can't get their act together. Fails in FPGA and worse in Asics
3) If they do get their act together and they are not scammers and get the unit quick enough maybe just maybe I can get 2, maybe 3 months of ROI possibly 4 months.

Na I see a long shot and I'll let others go ahead. I still have all my money and my dignity. Besides there are more opportunities in the market with better odds then BFL.

Poor is not what I am.
MooC Tals

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:58:09 AM

Chip amounts don't mean shit, sold GH does, so 300+600+600(?) x 66GH/unit = 99TH for Avalon,
For Bfl it is easier to count the chips and multiply by 4(GH) or 3, because sold units are unknown, so 70k chips x 4GH/chip = 280TH or 70k x 3GH/chip = 210TH,
Fill in what you expect in GH or TH for the loose chips on top of that for Avalon. BFL will probably sell the same TH on top as those 70k chips, as more units and loose chips. If you think Avalon will do better, whoopee, big deal. I think even my next units will be in my hands before Avalon's or BFL's loose sold chips will be build on boards.
So far everybody seems to be waiting, whether it is for their Avalons or their BFL units, same boat, different directions, I choose BFL.
Have a nice evening.

Are you afraid yet? No? You should be...

Look at that difficulty jump in red. Now look at the hash rate, The hash rate has jumped 2 times more quicker than the previous 2 months. Not only is it going higher it's climbing 3X the rate with no stalling. Bitcoin prices are giving a brite green light for mining. Litecoin is atleast being stalled out by the price.

It will be very interesting to see the next 2 weeks estimate jump.

Just look at the stepping of the difficulty and there are not many asics out and were seeing these numbers. This is exponential growth and there is no stopping until the money stops. Just look at that last step. Aft we going to see a 6X jump for the next estimated difficulty?

Remember this is exponential

Avalon and BFL and all Asic miners are fucking up bitcoin. Prices will drop I estimate or diff will shoot so fast that asics will be like GPU's and it won't take as long as it did with GPU's. This will be exponential even as it relates to time.

I can see asics will be the only thing on here and it will be the same profit as with GPU's but think of it as ever dumb fuck with a easy to run GPU farm. Like I said I'll sit this one out.

If you don't have your asic by now I am afraid you have missed the bus!!!!
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 07:10:21 AM

That graph is unbelievable. The glory days of GPU mining are over that's for sure.  Undecided

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:04:15 AM

Say it again, how a $2499 single won't have a roi, ...

You can advertise this mystical device in your signature as long as you want - it won't be available for a long, long time.

A Single SC available today would make you some decent money.

A Single SC available sometime in 2014 (or god knows when BFL starts shipping something other than Jalapenos) will actually cost you money.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:36:30 AM

Have a nice evening.

Are you really that stupid? Let me compare that again:
- UNITS: Avalon sold ~1200 units each having at least 66Ghash. They shipped around 400-450 (+- 100)  vs   BFL sold <70k units (variable hash rate from 5Ghash up). They shipped less than 100 and only the smallest units.  Avalon wins here.

- CHIPS: Avalon sold ~490000+ (that's 490 thousand) chips. They started to ship sample chips and soon will ship the actual chips   vs    BFL sold ~1000 chips(i may be wrong here). We will see when and IF will they ship them. Avalon wins again.

THashes doesn't matter. I'm talking about actual delivering stuff to people no matter the hash rate (ASIC only)

You may or may not get your units before Avalon's chips get soldered on the boards, but you are the only idiot who is still advertising a non-existing product.

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:18:43 PM

I'm glad that i got another prompt reply from you SLok Cheesy Or is it another retard Inaba's account?

MooC Tals

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:21:11 PM

I'm glad that i got another prompt reply from you SLok Cheesy Or is it another retard Inaba's account?

I think I gave him quite a bit to think of when I posted that graph earlier. Actually I have updated info.
SLok and all those that are waiting for their pre-orders the difficulty has been revised and were about 75% accurate now!!!.

73.81%    accuracy
15605633.00 Difficulty now
19367339.56 Difficulty estimate in  2d 22hr 54m 28s
24.10% JUMP in the past 2 week
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 04:07:50 AM

Although I enjoy these little chats we have I really do wish you well as even though I hate what you have done (being untruthful or deceitful) and are doing I still feel for you as a person. I'm sure you will remember this for the rest of your life as it will carry with you in this field of work. Unless you take a different route of employment or you're a sociopath.

Please, by all means, demonstrate where I've been untruthful or deceitful.  No?  Why not?  Because it never happened.  You troll crew like to trot this out, but to date not a single one of you have been able to demonstrate any lies or deceit. 

You stupid mother fuckin' liar! Do I really need to quote your "in two weeks" FCC statement for the umpteenth time?

Now dispute this, you cocksucker!
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 05:11:36 AM

Inaba is a pathological liar as well as a terrible human being, there is no winning here...

Frizz23 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:00:58 PM

Inaba is a pathological liar as well as a terrible human being, there is no winning here...

Yep. But once BFL goes belly up he will never get another job - other than plongeur.

MooC Tals

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:24:25 PM

Yep. But once BFL goes belly up he will never get another job - other than plongeur.

Oh shit I got a great Idea I'm making T-shirts with this picture.

Anyone interested in pre-order a 1000?

Estimated deliver in the week of July. Depending on supplies.
Frizz23 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:42:23 PM

You mean "in two weeks (© BFL_Josh)"?

Definitely interested. But only if I have to pay fully upfront.

Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 09:55:30 PM

You mean "in two weeks (© BFL_Josh)"?

Definitely interested. But only if I have to pay fully upfront.

You must also cover up any shirt redesigns because of power and cooling issues or no sale

infested999

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:29:49 AM

So exactly how many units do they have to deliver in order to get the scammer tag?

If they delivered 0 units, they probably would get the scammer tag.
If they delivered 1 unit?
2 units?

Right now they delivered ~5,000 units I think.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀