Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:03:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Schools Are Officially Accepting Bitcoin for Tuition  (Read 6483 times)
carlo.p

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:37:49 AM

Universities are embracing accepting bitcoin for tuition, with Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Switzerland the latest school to adopt. If anything, it's another clear sign the cryptocurrency is here to stay.

https://futurism.com/schools-accepting-bitcoin-tuition/

Even so... Bitcoin has been used to buy homes, and countries like Venezuela and Vietnam are beginning to truly embrace the currency. Now, certain universities are adopting the payment method of bitcoin for tuition, albeit with a few caveats.

in the future, bitcoin will have significant value to everyone, today people are starting to accept bitcoins in their everyday living, all of this good news will just make bitcoin more and more stronger! just hoping government will be easy with what they will do to bitcoin in the near future.

♦♦♦     CLOUT     ♦♦♦     MEDIA DECENTRALISED     ♦♦♦     CLOUT     ♦♦♦
♦     ANN Thread     ♦♦♦     ICO start on 17th of November     ♦♦♦     WhitePaper     ♦
♦  Discord  ♦  Facebook  ♦  Medium  ♦  Telegram  ♦  Twitter  ♦
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:57:12 AM

That's still a good news to crypto world,even if it just a small influence,it will make bitcoin one step closer to be a currency not just an investment
I hope there will be many more bitcoin adopter and make bitcoin known by the whole world

Another achievement for bitcoin history indeed. Atleast this will show how bitcoin was full trusted by this nation and perhaps other countries will follow. The government of this school should make a policy that every school shall receive bitcoins as optional form of payment because i believed that this school accepting bitcoin payment is exclusively for this kind of school only which is an expensive type of education.
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:04:11 AM

This is a good news for people who have lots of bitcoin but I don't think they have financial problems for them to be using their bitcoin. And as for me who is investing on bitcoin hoping to be rich someday I dont think I'll be using my bitcoin cause it will defeat the reason why I hodl bitcoin.
Yes there are schools are accepting bitcoin as payment and its good news for us that bitcoin get to know to other establishments.Im wishing that bitcoin can accept to all countries as payment and currency in the world.
kriticko29

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:14:36 AM

I will be a big help for such students that are enrolling there. It will be a big factor for them to engage in bitcoin that any person in the world coz it will help them in their studies. But the problem is when bitcoin takes its dip again it will be a big shit on them to pay their tuition right a way.
mozillaspez

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:03:17 PM

Universities are embracing accepting bitcoin for tuition, with Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Switzerland the latest school to adopt. If anything, it's another clear sign the cryptocurrency is here to stay.

Even so... Bitcoin has been used to buy homes, and countries like Venezuela and Vietnam are beginning to truly embrace the currency. Now, certain universities are adopting the payment method of bitcoin for tuition, albeit with a few caveats.
That's a good start to improve the system of higher education. The debt caused by tuition fees have been the major problem of college students. If more schools adapt this method, more students can easily pay up their fees since transactions in bitcoins is faster and cheaper. Also, many students who use and invest in bitcoins are the busy ones so bitcoins are really a great help for them.
Now the bitcoins are getting more and more popular that's why now a days schools ate also accepting the bitcoins because they knows about the benefits of bitcoins and on the other side cash have no such benefits.
BusyBeaverHP

Activity: 209

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:17:04 PM

Yes I wish that happened in my country and use all of my bitcoins there to pay all of my fees easily and also save some btc to make life easy and full fun I think schools directors will be very mature and greedy if they order and allow bitcoin because they will know the real meaning of bitcoin and they will must know that accepted bitcoin will be very useful because of growing price and this will make then not only millionaire but also billionaires and just because of a lot o students there.
brainape

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:18:47 PM

Wow I wish I was studying on that school so I can directly use my bitcoin to pay my tuition fee. It is a very good thing for the students who have bitcoin. I think that school has lots of people (students and teachers) that are bitcoin holders and user that is why it is implemented. It is hassle for me to first convert my bitcoin into fiat then pay my tuition and other expenses in my school because if I am converting bitcoin I have to pay extra fee but if it is directed to school I have no any extra fees to pay. Paying tuition by means of bitcoin is much more helpful to me becuase I can make sure that my money will.not be dedicated to other unimportant things.
How I wish my school notice bitcoin and accept it.
This will be really amazing and if that happened then everyone will use bitcoin for their schools colleges because that where bitcoin will help students and I know this will help the economy of that schools because when student pa bitcoin as money then schools will save them for the right time and then the price will become double and which will give them a lot and also for schools upgrading to will be really helpfully.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:19:55 PM

This is really becoming interesting! Definitely, if the government of a country has accepted the Cryptocurrency into their system then bodies within the system like banks, schools/universities, hospitals and the likes will also adopt Bitcoin as forms of payment. It is going all over the world and acceptance is imminent.
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:26:31 AM

This is a really good news in crypto industry it will have a great affect in bitcoin hopefully more schools accepting btc i know its not gonna happen sooner but still we have some progress going on until the government finally recognized how efficient bitcoin is specially for us ordinary citizens.

Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:58:37 AM

Yes there is one school who accept bitcoin here  in our country as a payment and its good to hear that for every parents who are using and earning in bitcoin is an easy to pay in the universities and no hassle to transact.Finally our cryptocurrency were being known to every establishments and it will be progress because of this.
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:08:26 PM

wooww.. a remarkable development of the bitcoin world.
I think this is one good step because it can make bitcoin more popular in the world and finally can raise the price of bitcoin itself.
I hope my country can follow such a thing and definitely accept bitcoin as the official currency.
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:25:37 PM

This is really becoming interesting! Definitely, if the government of a country has accepted the Cryptocurrency into their system then bodies within the system like banks, schools/universities, hospitals and the likes will also adopt Bitcoin as forms of payment. It is going all over the world and acceptance is imminent.
Well that is really a very good news I have to admit. Good for you people who are in those countries that have accepted Bitcoin in their system. I must say it will be very convenient knowing that, it will now be more easy to use Bitcoin as it should be for the longest time. Well I wouldn't say it is that long but hey, Bitcoin always wanted to be accepted. Besides, one of its concept is to be utilized as you see fit.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:48:36 PM

Smiley Hey

Yes bitcoins are going to stay for sure Cheesy
They are now taxable :- Government is finally recognizing them as a source of income
Now restaurants and many other places in Japan are accepting bitcoins as a source of payment and other countries are following this example.
You can directly buy houses in many countries with bitcoins thus even if there are countries and various institutes and colleges accepting bitcoins as their transaction fee , I think its not at all something commendable its just that the roots of bitcoins were established and its just growing day by day .

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
nomad1109

Activity: 238

Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:25:24 PM

Even tho the Swiss tech school is obviously accepting BTC as a marketing gig, it's still cool of them. I bet someone in their administration has an interest in it and wants the school to go down at the forefront of blockchain or something.

romeitaly

Activity: 308
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:49:40 PM

These things indicate that bitcoin will make a great change in our society and a sign that in the near future, we can buy anything by paying with bitcoins; just like what fiat currencies do. There are many wonderful things bitcoin has done nowadays and it is clear that it will do a lot more in the future.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:55:07 PM

Well people who have to recognize and realize it will never think of it in good terms. Fiat is better to pay tuition fees for college  I feel because the transaction fees and I just feel that bitcoin can be used for better purposes like investment, I would rather spend my fiat than bitcoin, as volatility can get me ample profits.  Cheesy

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:56:52 PM

There is a difference between accepting bitcoin as tuition fee or accepting bitcoin as a payment option.

If they use a service to directly transfer it to fiat, then its nothing more than another payment gateway.
grermezter

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:14:29 PM

By accepting Bitcoins as a model of payment for tuition, the schools know that in a couple of months and even years the fees paid the students would have doubled and the schools would have made some good profit just by accepting bitcoins and not using it.

Lanatsa

Activity: 2870
Merit: 657

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:20:33 PM

By accepting Bitcoins as a model of payment for tuition, the schools know that in a couple of months and even years the fees paid the students would have doubled and the schools would have made some good profit just by accepting bitcoins and not using it.
Well its just been part and would really be their advantage but this would only possible if the price would shoot up but if it would decrease then it would really be also a loss for them.Good to hear at that there are schools who do accept bitcoin as a payment for tuition and I do have doubt if it would be adopt fast by other schools too.This would really make the awareness of bitcoin would increase even more.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Hamstead

Activity: 805

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:30:40 PM

It's a great news, this is another achievement of bitcoin and a big start. There will be more possibilities that it will spread to other big universities to accept bitcoins as a mode of payment. And not only for them but also for other establishment to step along with this kind of technology. I believe that bitcoin will continue to spread worldwide as it gives chances everyone to be a part of this great invention.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: