Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 09:12:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Patience and Holding  (Read 22093 times)
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:16:26 PM

Ive been wrong that i withdraw all my earnings on trading ..
i learned that ..must have patience in holding then exchanging it times 10 from the day I bought my alts..
hmm .. too bad for me now bitcoins is still aiming high ..
Not only you, most traders have this problem and I too, I sold it when it was high but it was not the peak of it after a day of value increase x5 i really sad  Cry Cry Cry Cry

The truth is that no one can know the peak and it is always very good to have this planned even before you sell your position. The best way I go about this is to sell just some few percentage of it than selling all, and then with that I can at least use that percentage if it goes down or capitalise on the peak and probably set a stop loss to not loose too much from the little percentage I sold while still profiting from the peak. However sometimes, you just have to be patient, most especially if it is your plan to hold for long term.
I utilize the same strategy as you. Usually I put sell orders at different profit percentages to spread out my profits in case a coin starts massively going up. Stop loss is also a very good method of capitalizing on a bull run but you don't want to look at the charts all day. However stop loss isn't always advisable. Moving on though, don't regret taking profit. There's no point in doing that. Literally nothing. I also bought ether when it was 90$ and sold at 110$. Was that the best option to maximize profits? No. But do I regret my decision? No. Why? Because at the time it seemed right to take profit.
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:41:09 PM

Yep, patience is key! I sold 20 Ethereum in january 2016 when it was $2,50 for a 100% profit. I bought QRL right at the peak (77k sats) and subsequently sold it for 17K. Thanks to the extreme bullmarket in especially Q2 of this year I could still crank out a 900% profit overall, but my trading techniques were dire. That's why I trade with small amounts 'cause I know I'm not a trading pro to say the least.
Patience, right, but there is also the risk that the altcoin it will no longer be present on t he market and what then? I have heard/read a lot of user putting the problem the same way, i could have made 1 000% profit. Ok, let's see the facts, if you have profit it doesn't mether the percentage of it, this is where patience comes in. All it matters is that you are on profit, event if you wan 1 satoshi, the transaction it is positive.

You're right. That's why diversification is also crucial in cryptoland. Especially nowadays as the majority of existing coins is simply garbage without any value for the cryptosphere. Lots of these coins were fun to have during the extreme bullrun in Q2 this year, but are bound to flatline eventually on the longer term. Crypto with potential is hard to spot, especially for those new in trading!
Frank0209

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:06:21 PM

Yeah. I also think so. At this time holding is the best option cause as everyone can easily see that Bitcoin price is increasing very quickly day by day and will get over 5k$ soon maybe before the hard fork happen and I hope that after the hard fork Bitcoin price will increase like crazy and the price will be double soon Smiley)) It's what happened after the hard fork on 1st August and I hope it'll happen the same at this time.
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:13:10 PM

Yes, Patients is most important for earning a good profit on holding. If you hold your coins for a long time, obviously you will be able to get much profit. Patients are must need for holding business. So be patients and make much profit.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:28:03 PM

Yeah. I also think so. At this time holding is the best option cause as everyone can easily see that Bitcoin price is increasing very quickly day by day and will get over 5k$ soon maybe before the hard fork happen and I hope that after the hard fork Bitcoin price will increase like crazy and the price will be double soon Smiley)) It's what happened after the hard fork on 1st August and I hope it'll happen the same at this time.
It is the key of trading success indeed , but you cannot do it randomly.
I mean you need to have alot of plan , anticipating for something unexpected happened.
As cryptocurrency always have a high risk , full of risk , do it carefully and you are good to go to hold bitcoin as long as possible.
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:39:40 PM

Yes, Patients is most important for earning a good profit on holding. If you hold your coins for a long time, obviously you will be able to get much profit. Patients are must need for holding business. So be patients and make much profit.
You are wrong, not all of coins are good and not all of them will increase the price after a long time, some of them even fall down and lost a big value. You need to determine whether the coin is good or not because there are many shitty coin in this cryptocurrency community. Since the blockchchain was created, there are about more than 1000 coins and 80% of them are shit and they can never bring you anything.
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:43:32 PM

i learned that ..must have patience in holding then exchanging it times 10 from the day I bought my alts..

I think you learn the trading very late. Since the principal of trading is Brought the bitcoin when the price of bitcoin is low and sell when the price is high. Do sell in panic and all.Just wait till the price of bitcoin reaches the high value. Just avoid of panic selling to rich in short time.
Well this kind of mistakes cant really be avoided specially when we are just starting up on trading but somehow a good thing that would give us learning so that on next time we do trade we do already aware on the best thing that we should do on these kind of situations. Patience does really matter on trading field if you dont have this then expect you would really have a hard time on making profits.
Jating

Activity: 2954
Merit: 810

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:58:48 PM

You are wrong, not all of coins are good and not all of them will increase the price after a long time, some of them even fall down and lost a big value. You need to determine whether the coin is good or not because there are many shitty coin in this cryptocurrency community. Since the blockchchain was created, there are about more than 1000 coins and 80% of them are shit and they can never bring you anything.

That's why no can never really tell if you are going to hold on the shitty coins or not. I guess its up to you on buying that shitty coins. You didn't do your homework that's why you lose your investment buying that coin. I would rather stick to the best 5-10 coins in terms of marketcap and not look for a coin that is cheap and hope that the price could go up in the future otherwise if you keep holding that coins chances are you are going to lose and can't recovered your investment. However, if you hit a gem than your  gamble paid off.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2856
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:08:38 PM

It's okay mate. You can try it again, just don't lose hope. Everything in trading are trials only, we can't predict the market. Patience is the best technique or strategy in trading, also we should have strong hands. Trading is not just a games or something funny, let's take it seriously and real.
Trading failures would really affect our self-esteem specially on this kind of field which prices are really unpredictable which would really cause on random decisions which would lead up on mistakes but later on we would really gain experience as we engage on trading on a matter of time.We would enhance our skills and the emotions we do need to be profitable on next times trades.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:10:39 PM

We all made this mistake, learn from it so you make a better decision next time.
I learned my lesson and from then on I only hodled Bitcoin or bought goods with it.
There are still some altcoins that I just keep temporary, to trade with, but I buy in small portions.

ghost14k

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:22:11 PM

The act of patience is what every trader must learn to have. Selling of coins during dip is not always a good call. If you can always keep calm and analyse the market well , then you will be alright. always learn to HODL.
okissabam

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:02:28 PM

That is the most important trait you would want to practice on because that's how you get most of your profits by having patience and holding on to the coin for a couple of years or weeks or month just like bitcoin, you need to hold on for this coin for long term so you can get more profits out of it.
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:16:17 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 11:16:10 PM by NutMasterTardd

Well holding over a period of months/years is always best for higher returns, gives the project time to develop and establish. I always think it is much easier to just buy into a good project, not look at the graphs and wait a long period of time but I am pretty much addicted to day trading so I am constantly viewing charts and trying to increase my holdings short term, but when the huge spike happens it seems like it is a lot of wasted time for very little profit.

My main advice would be patience is always key, if you see your alt you hold 10 BTC in drop 50% and you "lose% 5 BTC, close your browser and and come back in a month or two (This will only work if it is a decent alt).

GEO, RLC & QRL.
rajsimran

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:57:56 PM

Holding is the main part of trading. If you bought a good coin and hold for a long time you will be the gainer. But if you sell in panic you will be a looser. Just patience and hold tight. Until you become a gainer
xaxistech

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:05:09 PM

Just like it has always been, the patience is the key for success, and it always will be, and the same applies to the markets, you can not buy an alt expecting it to go up by 1000% in just matter of hours, because it never happens, unless that you are investing 1 million dollars in a low marketcap coin.
so it is better to be patient, and wait some time if you are doing an investment, it applies for all kind of investments too.

▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
      ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
          ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
             ▄█████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             █████████████▀
             █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             ▀▀▀
Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
   ▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:25:13 PM

It's a very usual and normal mistake of each trader upon starting their own trading career. I have sold many of my bitcoins before on sale and after a couple of days the price went high. I don't know why is this happening to me though by the time I sold it I was very contented on that price but seeing the price went up very quick after selling, I was thinking that if only I was quite late of selling then I've got more profit.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:46:11 PM

Yes it is true that you must be patient in trading but always be happy when you have profited on the trade. Profit is profit no matter how big or small. We do not know the future so if you think the price  will go down sell it. You cannot be right all the time but of course it is better to have a few profit rather than a loss trade

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:24:44 AM

Sometimes trading alt coin need a very patience action, some of the alt need a very long term to get a maximum profit, every mistake is an experience, and building a lot of experience will help you to become a better trader, bitcoin price is high but it will get higher, so you still can grab this opportunity
crazyer

Activity: 69

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:41:36 AM

I think so. The altcoin is very good and tends to increase. The Crypto market is very potential. Investing in idle money on Crypto is a logical investment.
eekkaa

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:55:48 AM

I hold my coin as well because when I buy it in the expensive price and suddenly the price drops to the base, i hold altcoin like XRP,XMR,XLM because Bitcoin rising up and Hardfork this month  Cry
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: