Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:02:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Patience and Holding  (Read 22090 times)
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:21:56 AM

Ive been wrong that i withdraw all my earnings on trading ..
i learned that ..must have patience in holding then exchanging it times 10 from the day I bought my alts..
hmm .. too bad for me now bitcoins is still aiming high ..

Just we all know that repentance always comes at last, But at least you learned from your mistake buddy. In trading, it really need the application of patience so that big rewards will receive. That's the content of holding in a long term or short term which is be patience.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ged00u

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:10:31 AM

i learned that ..must have patience in holding then exchanging it times 10 from the day I bought my alts..
Not only you, most traders have this problem and I too, I sold it when it was high but it was not the peak of it after a day of value increase x5 i really sad  Cry Cry Cry Cry

The truth is that no one can know the peak and it is always very good to have this planned even before you sell your position. The best way I go about this is to sell just some few percentage of it than selling all, and then with that I can at least use that percentage if it goes down or capitalise on the peak and probably set a stop loss to not loose too much from the little percentage I sold while still profiting from the peak. However sometimes, you just have to be patient, most especially if it is your plan to hold for long term.
I utilize the same strategy as you. Usually I put sell orders at different profit percentages to spread out my profits in case a coin starts massively going up. Stop loss is also a very good method of capitalizing on a bull run but you don't want to look at the charts all day. However stop loss isn't always advisable. Moving on though, don't regret taking profit. There's no point in doing that. Literally nothing. I also bought ether when it was 90$ and sold at 110$. Was that the best option to maximize profits? No. But do I regret my decision? No. Why? Because at the time it seemed right to take profit.
Panicking always cause losses and unforgettable regrets and patience and nerve control is the major game of crypto, as in past bitcoin as gone through some serious loss because investors started panic selling and that was the black day for the bitcoin because they take seriously to the china ban news and rumors spread by JP now awareness has come and investor knows about his best.
PAtience is not always good. There are many people claiming that patience has made them become less wealthy, too. AS you can see, there are many coins that are not good and their prices keep falling down without any recovery. And in this case, patience can cause a lot of trouble because the longer you hold the coin, the more money you will lose. You need to know whether the coins you are holding are good or not and whether they have the potential to increase the price
behindcrypto

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:16:03 AM

If you try and hodl, and also do trading at the same time, you will lose in the long run. You have to choose one or the other. If you choose to hold longterm, you have to avoid cryptocurrency news and try to avoid reading charts or watching the latest market trends. Watching the prices go up and down will kill any amount of patience you might have, even if you have a lot of it.
ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:31:57 AM

Just we all know that repentance always comes at last, But at least you learned from your mistake buddy. In trading, it really need the application of patience so that big rewards will receive. That's the content of holding in a long term or short term which is be patience.

Holding is the best  for your Profit. If you have a patience means,you will get huge profit. If you have a Guts to hold your money in growing technology, sure you can get into the Bitcoin Holding and be patience to get profit from bitcoin. This I will suggest you for your Profit. But it's your wish.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
truthstalker

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:33:46 AM

If you try and hodl, and also do trading at the same time, you will lose in the long run. You have to choose one or the other. If you choose to hold longterm, you have to avoid cryptocurrency news and try to avoid reading charts or watching the latest market trends. Watching the prices go up and down will kill any amount of patience you might have, even if you have a lot of it.

I would disagree you can do both if you put 50%/50% into each one then its fine. you have the held amount which you will revisit in a few years or at your desires price. and trading will be more of a short term income which won't be as much but will be a steady income.
Karen23

Activity: 189

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:01:13 AM

Still, it is not too late to invest in altcoins and bitcoin. You earned in your investment, there's nothing wrong of withdrawing it because maybe that time you think that profit is enough and you are contented with it.  For instance you did not withdraw it because you want to  have a huge profit and the bitcoin and altcoins crashes, you will then regret it too. We have to avoid greediness when investing. We can lose all that we  have with greediness. There are no mistakes just learnings.  You learned that patience is one value one must have in investment.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:07:51 AM

Yes, the problem in beginners that they are anxious that they will loose money and the cost they earn low than other because others know how to still earn money even they loosed money which is a characteristics of a PRO trader.
Mr.john

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:34:38 AM

Holding is the best  for your Profit. If you have a patience means,you will get huge profit. If you have a Guts to hold your money in growing technology, sure you can get into the Bitcoin Holding and be patience to get profit from bitcoin. This I will suggest you for your Profit. But it's your wish.
Being patience is a good attitude that we should have for everyone. If we have a patience to hold our bitcoin for long term is enough to get a lots of profit, because we are become patience to hold our bitcoin and we are also still waiting a high price before we should sell our bitcoin. And if  we are become patience in holding we shall get or earned a lots of profit, because there was a time that the price of bitcoin will reached thier maximum price we are so lucky to sell our bitcoin because we are having a patience by holding our bitcoin. So we should make our own way to get some profit and it is good that we are having a patience into ourselves.
ZzV1Finn

Activity: 345

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:33:41 AM

Well, you still have not lost anything, come back and do everything right, the main thing is that you realized it in time, and the rest for the small one. So everything is in your hands, and if you doubt it, you better stay with what you have now.

fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:42:49 AM

I think so. The altcoin is very good and tends to increase. The Crypto market is very potential. Investing in idle money on Crypto is a logical investment.

Altcoin is no doubt a very good coin but it is not a very good option for long term investment. You cannot rely on altcoin if you are planning for holding for a long time. You can opt for bitcoin in that case. Patience and holding are having a very strong relation in between. One cannot hold his coins until and unless he is not having a good patience level.

eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:49:30 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2017, 02:02:21 AM by eann014

Ugh. I've lost so much potential profit by not being patient and not believing in bitcoin--but I don't dwell on it, since none of us knows what the future holds.   And that's the main reason why I don't trade altcoins.  The market volatility is insane, and I don't have the stomach to be patient in a market where you could potentially lose literally everything in an instant.

Once I get my debt settled, I'll be buying some bitcoin to hold on to.  But no altcoins for me.
Holding of bitcoin and being patient is the key to earn more bitcoin. If we know how to wait, then invest today. For sure bitcoin price will going to rise again. Just be careful on next fork.
Casmania

Activity: 390

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:05:07 AM

Ugh. I've lost so much potential profit by not being patient and not believing in bitcoin--but I don't dwell on it, since none of us knows what the future holds.   And that's the main reason why I don't trade altcoins.  The market volatility is insane, and I don't have the stomach to be patient in a market where you could potentially lose literally everything in an instant.

Once I get my debt settled, I'll be buying some bitcoin to hold on to.  But no altcoins for me.
Holding of bitcoin and being patient is the key to earn more bitcoin. If we know how to wait then invest today. For sure bitcoin price will going to rise again. Just be careful on next fork.
Bitcoin sure has the great potential. I agree that patience is needed to grow the bitcoin you have today. I strongly agree with holdong to bitcoin after you settle your debts. But be sure next time you hold on to bitcoin, be more strategic and calculate the risks better. You’ll never want to regret again, right?
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:08:44 AM

Holding of bitcoin and being patient is the key to earn more bitcoin. If we know how to wait then invest today. For sure bitcoin price will going to rise again. Just be careful on next fork.

Correct. The more you/anyone hold the better will be at the end, when you want to withdrawal. Sometimes is hard to be patients when price go up and you/me/he see the opportunity to make money and try to sell but then in few day price goes again and you see wasted opportunity. Both patience and holding need to be crucial here if everyone want to get more out of this.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:08:52 AM

Well, you still have not lost anything, come back and do everything right, the main thing is that you realized it in time, and the rest for the small one. So everything is in your hands, and if you doubt it, you better stay with what you have now.
Yes, that's a wrong decision. The user could have kept the bitcoin in the wallet holding for a bigger price margin. While into trading activities, emotional outburst should not take place. Right now too the situation is almost same. It's the time to hold, but experiencing a the ath, lot might have started to cash it out.
planfox

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:53:25 AM

Of course, you can not earn money with bitcoin or other crypto currency simply impossible. You need to learn to control your emotions in order to get a good profit.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:56:00 AM

Yes, that's a wrong decision. The user could have kept the bitcoin in the wallet holding for a bigger price margin. While into trading activities, emotional outburst should not take place. Right now too the situation is almost same. It's the time to hold, but experiencing a the ath, lot might have started to cash it out.

Well let's just say learn to limit emotional outbursts. It's going to be very difficult to do that we can control our emotions but we can start by limiting decisions swayed by it. Lean away for a while if you're comig from a loss. That would help a lot

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:32:39 AM

It's just okay, bro. It's one of the common mistakes of trading staters. You are still in the process of dealing with your emotions and the good thing is that there is self-realization that you need to change it. I also experience and I know other traders too. I'm sure that after a year, you already mastered how to control all of your emotions.
i think the most beautiful thing in trading is to identify the opportunity where the price has peaked and you sell a bit of the coins to grab some profits and when the market falls again you can grab at lower price. every trader there or anywhere in the world wants to grab the opportunity to make profit and enjoy it. i have sold a bit of btc when price around $4300 and now it is almost $5500 but i always believe in btc and have some of in my wallet either price fall or rise.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:41:25 PM

Clever decisions come with experience and lessons learned, that is the only truth. It's impossibe to avoid mistakes and bad decisions but the most important is how you deal with that and are you capable to get out of the problems this have caused. Not many people can do that and only them could be called good traders.
Patience and waiting could be cruicial sometimes and good traders and investors know that very well.
Yes, this is where most people always end up finding themselves on the wrong lane. They make mistakes and they give up at the slightest chance instead of finding out what could have caused the mistake, how to do it better next time and to make the best out of future opportunities.

Professional traders did not just become one over night, it took years of experience, failures, learning and improvements to get there.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:58:30 PM

Indeed, you should hoard your bitcoin before and enjoy the benefits of $5,600 value of today. Well, still it is not too late because by next year the speculated value is now at $10000 so i think we start buy bitcoin again even it is quite expensive to purchase now because the most important is the profit you will going to earn by next year.
owengtam09

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:27:14 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 12:44:25 AM by owengtam09

Yeah. Bitcoin now has a huge amount, and a lot of people whos holding their bitcoin are happy and bitcoin still continue to rise because they have a lot of patience to wait for the right time to sell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: