Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:18:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I lost 95 Bitcoin  (Read 5951 times)
XFlowZion

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:31:37 AM

Be more cautious. Lesson learned. Stay strong.
I'll be having many sleepless nights if that happened to me or it could be worse.
rjefferson

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:43:43 AM

Man that sucks to hear  Sad

The only thing we can learn from this is to not depend on desktop wallets.
timjs

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:54:57 AM

REQUEST

Could the OP, or someone knowledgeable on this type of situation, speculate on the ACTUAL mechanism of this attack? What did the OP actually do, that gave away his private key? Was it stolen from the computer's clip board (copy/paste?)

Knowing HOW this kind of stuff happens will make it easier for other people to be more secure.
Thanks
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 01:59:55 AM

That's sad man. Even though I don't have that much amount as yours, I would still be furious if my account is hacked. This reminds me to always be cautious and prioritize security always. I don't know if there is a way for you to get back your coins but don't give up. It is quite a significant amount and I hope someone can help you getting it back if possible.

panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:03:46 AM

Oh man, that's awful. I'm sorry to hear that.

BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 02:10:29 AM

Really sorry to learn of your loss.  I hope you are able to determine the attack vector.  If it has the characteristics of a vulnerability that could be wider-spread, please consider sharing details with the community so that all can take precautions.

Just goes to show that you always need to keep your guard up, especially with that amount of Bitcoin.  Horrible way to be reminded of this.

I hope you are somehow able to recover them.  Very difficult, but there are some outstanding experts among us on this forum -- some of the very best in the world, they may be able to assist.

Dream it. Plan it. Build it.
Need help with your project? [MY WEBSITE] | [MY COMPANY] | [BLOG] | [TWITTER] | [LINKEDIN] | [EMAIL]
Want to help support the blockchain charity I'm building? [LEARN ABOUT BTRIC] | [DONATE] | [TWITTER] | [EMAIL]
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 03:05:18 AM

The stolen 95 bitcoins represent a huge amount. Of course, it is unreasonable to leave the computer unattended in a working state and with open access for outsiders. Maybe. someone took advantage of this. Sad story.
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:05:43 AM

what? 95 bitcoins is a big big value of money now.. im sorry for your lost. Where is the place of your last login before the keylogging happen? Im hoping that someone help you with this, even though it will be hard to get it back at least you will have to know who made this keylogger or who put this keylogger. We have to be cautious at all times.

jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:13:47 AM

That must have been very hard. Since you say it was stored in electrum and you suspect a keylogger to have stolen the electrum password, still whoever stole your btc must have had physical contact your computer. If its your personal computer then it shouldn't be too hard to find out who all had access to your PC(assuming there was no break-in or any 3rd-party accessing it).
TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:23:01 AM

That's sad to read, anyway as per reading your story, do you think it is someone from your house that stole your bitcoin? because it is really creepy that you lost your bitcoin and someone stole it without knowing your seed key and your private key?. Can you explain it more?

Chanock

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:07:13 AM

Big lost to you.. It is hurt to heard it. 95 Bitcoin is a big money. Here in my  country that kind of amount your a millionaire.
wilhb81

Activity: 224

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:12:29 AM

Wow, it's absolutely a HUGE loss indeed and it very sucks, when you can't do anything to get those bitcoins back  Cry

PS: Hmm, isn't the Ledget wallet should keep you safe from keylogger?  Huh

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:21:41 AM

REQUEST

Could the OP, or someone knowledgeable on this type of situation, speculate on the ACTUAL mechanism of this attack? What did the OP actually do, that gave away his private key? Was it stolen from the computer's clip board (copy/paste?)

Knowing HOW this kind of stuff happens will make it easier for other people to be more secure.
Thanks
It is impossible to know since the OP does not give too much information, the most likely thing that happened is that he had installed the electrum wallet in an insecure OS like windows and then he download some pirated software or something that infected his computer with a key logger and then when something interested was typed the key logger called back home to alert the hacker and he stole all the money.
rajsimran

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:24:11 AM

Oh shit. I am sorry for your loss.Please call security expert or a hacker that how your bitcoin is hacked.It's a big loss for you
baronious

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:24:43 AM

Keeping that much bitcoin in an electrum wallet was a big mistake in the first place.  May I ask why you didn't invest in a hardware wallet? It would be the best investment you could make with that amount.  
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:25:21 AM

95 bitcoin equivalent $45,000.  this is huge with me, hope you will soon get back your money
kerjakuat

Activity: 346

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:35:10 AM

When i got $10k in my wallet i just split it apart. Because i dont want thing like this would happen. i never trust anyone because in bitcoin there was no insurance for the lost. May this will make a lesson for everybody that read this story out. It suck to lose all hardwork money just for nothing. Make sure to always on your antivirus to the max. Be careful with malware,trojan or worm. They can steal your private key also. Just alway careful. Im hope you will recover from this matter mate.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 717

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:40:25 AM

That surely is a very big amount of BTC you lost. You must be really sorry for your loss. That's the reason why I don't keep my coins on a desktop.
Desktops are vulnerable and a bit easier to hack than smartphones. I keep my wallet secure on android as it is tough to inject keyloggers on linux based OS. The only thing you can do now is learn from your mistakes. I wish you good luck and a bright future ahead.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:43:14 AM

It hurts man, in just few moment all your bitcoin was gone and that was a huge money, i cant imagine your feeling mate but even me i feel hurt to see your statement. This would be a lesson to all of us that every time we log our account in other computer make sure that before we left it was already log off for our safety.
Hoping that you will recover it or you will get much more than of that amount, i think GOD will challenge you how you handle that situation.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 04:52:30 AM

It's strange as Ledger wallet should be safe, where did you bought it?

The OP never got his Bitcoin into the Ledger. He had just bought a Ledger but hadn't funded it yet.

95 bitcoin equivalent $45,000.  this is huge with me, hope you will soon get back your money

Try that math again. 95 Bitcoin is equivalent to $450,000.

It is impossible to know since the OP does not give too much information.
The OP has to have an idea where his behavior went reckless, as far as the security and safety of his bitcoin is concerned.

What questionable link did you click on? What "BITCOIN LIVES HERE" sign were you waving from your PC?

How did you become the target?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: