Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 06:13:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I lost 95 Bitcoin  (Read 5964 times)
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:32:47 AM

Would obtaining a hardware wallet eliminate this kind of losses? I don't like this electrum feature which can expose your seed after you typing a password. They should at least use 2fa or similar. I would definitely get one if my wallet reach 2 btc (I promised myself)

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:34:44 PM

I feel sorry for your loss. I hope we all can learn our lesson from that story.

Losing 95 Bitcoin is no joke (though I don't believe it) lol, because that is insane to lose just for gambling, I think it is not that worth to spend bitcoin that many just because you wanted to win back what you have lost, because sometimes, the result is just like what happened to yours, because you wanted to win a certain amount, you lose the whole thing that you have, and that is more painful than to lose a certain amount.
shouter

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:51:19 PM

I feel sorry for your loss. I hope we all can learn our lesson from that story.

I make yours my words! "lesson"
We have to be careful, I can not imagine myself in his place. I hope you have more luck in the future.
100%succes

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:38:54 PM

i am so sorry for ur loss really if i lose 1 bitcoin i will kill my self Smiley but dont warry u will get more bitcoin in the future just go on
Bitcoin allows you to transfer anywhere in a very easy way and allows you to control your money, I think Bitcoin provides a very high level of security if used correctly. so I hope you Always remember that it is your responsibility to take good security measures in order to protect your money.
coolcountry

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:05:51 PM

If someone can loose his bitcoins just like that, then why use hardware wallet? I always thought hardware wallets would not allow a loose like that

bitcahunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

CIBUS FOOD Ecosystem

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:15:58 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 07:53:59 AM by bitcahunter

It is  the creepy history,dude( Be careful next time! Read the safety information.
mufettis

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:20:31 PM

you have 100 btc but dont have a hardware, ı dont want to say its your fault but ı am pissed of you. even ı get pissed and cant imagine your feelings. sorry for you
knien

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:29:47 PM

could have.... should have.... etc. is of course not going to help.

Can you please keep us updated in this topic ?
I would like to know how this story ends and if it's possible that someone (against decent reward) is able to return your lost coins.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:32:39 PM

Sorry for your losses, that sucks to hear.
Do you have any idea where the keylogger came from? Have you confirmed it was indeed a keylogger?
Make sure to always check the task manager when using a pc. It is to ensure hacks and I am also sorry for the huge amount lost.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:37:27 PM

Would obtaining a hardware wallet eliminate this kind of losses? I don't like this electrum feature which can expose your seed after you typing a password. They should at least use 2fa or similar. I would definitely get one if my wallet reach 2 btc (I promised myself)

Absolutely. That's the whole point of them.

Control over your private keys is never exposed directly to the internet. The important functions are on the device which is air gapped.

That's why I've never really understood why people recommend Electrum unless it's on a permanently offline computer. There are so many ways to access coins on a PC and you can never be sure it's secure.

Same goes for blockchain.info. Your security depends on how solid your own machine is. I can't be sure so I don't mess with it.
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:51:39 PM

I am sorry to hear about your losses. 95 BTC is a huge amount and I am sure you feel miserable. Did you manage to find any recovery service? I hope you are able to recover. God bless.
HammadAli

Activity: 136
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:10:45 PM

Sorry for your loss. But i must say if you have that amount of BTC's then you should have that amount of flawless security.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 04:11:19 PM

I am very sorry for your loss and I hope that one day you can make it back again. I have barley anything to lose, just a few coins here and there nothing of great value, but even so thank you for the kind advice and we should all learn from this lesson. Sometimes we also got hacked and lost coins in exchanges but not such large amounts. We lost mainly by not selling certain coins at ath or selling too early before they mooned. My wife got her btc stolen by 2 devs that was a total of around 50 btc so it was painful enough. All her life savings plus some.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:25:28 PM

100 bitcoin if you have them you have become the millionaire present nearly 1 million dollars pretty much dreamed. Condolence with you. I think you should control your computer so that no similar situation happens.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
phpdev3

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:31:04 PM

So shocked! I forgot my word to show condolence on it. Not ready to hear it.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:42:07 PM

I bought my first few Bitcoins in 2012; eventually I got around 100 and managed to hold most of them until this point. Yesterday they were stolen from me. Shortly after I made a transaction, I left my PC with Electrum open, I believe there was a key logger waiting for me to type my password as when I returned an hour later, I saw my account had been emptied.

This happened shortly after receiving my hardware wallet (ledger), which I never got round to filling up. Obviously storing £350k(that hurts to type) on my daily computer was a moronic thing to do.

See the transaction here: https://blockchain.info/tx/220caec53bac39cc1a2d2692eecd385bca796fc1a839254ddd622b911344ae97

The Bitcoins were then split and are currently residing at these two addresses:
https://blockchain.info/address/18JCmLzKQoZydXspc6CPwovWVwYtUT7DCx
https://blockchain.info/address/16YiXuw4eaFVvpyhX7mYufwsj77LHrydUx
https://blockchain.info/address/18ZnbD5JQwdEJRwKrb34nXPu7J6pHN1CMR

I know I wont get these Bitcoins back but if anyone knows of a blockchain or malware analysis service or just want to give me advice, I would appreciate it.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is 56kbkid and I lost all my bitcoins on the 8th of October 2017
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1NndjYLXPgHmSFYEk5exCabGbcynzqpii4
G5UFrkVd1qGcbVlIyUw0yh0Zls/82K7Liuer6UNUK7yiE/I//7f4clNI70sD/w21vh0HJBkPUj3vvfioxIfj5U0=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

bitcoinrecovery2017@gmail.com
For information leading to the recovery, I can pay 3 BTC + 50% of the recovered bitcoins

Wow, that is some big amount for most of people, i can life a happy live a happy life if i have that.
Sorry bout that, but i am sorry for your loss, i hope you can get more bitcoin later in a short time. I cant even imagine if i ever lose up to 0.1 bitcoin, and you lose up to that amount, iy must be really really bad experience for you.
This could be a lesson for you, and for all of us, to be more careful using a computer, and for the best, use a hardware wallet for bitcoin.
cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:45:14 PM

You would've not lose them, if you used MyWish service, that lets you transfer your crypto to another wallet in case you lose an access. MyWish is based on smart contracts and works with Etherium, however in Q1 2018 there will be bitcoin support. Keep that and mind and try it Smiley
leanhtuan

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:11:22 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. That really is a huge amount . I learned a lesson from your experience, which is to be careful with the bitcoin security,
otherwise it will  lose it.  AND  that's  really a  huge sadness, I'm really sorry for your loss.  I think that  lesson will help  you a lot in life,
 it will be a costly lesson of carefulness.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
████  BRIDGING MARKETS ███
██          AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM          ██
NewalTurim

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:17:10 PM

so many captain-hindsights around here...
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 06:32:07 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2017, 10:51:48 AM by endlasuresh

While reading topic title I thought it is a fake one, but when seen in Blockchain it proved that you lost huge money. I am not getting why these wallets doesn't have support, whereas PayPal, Skrill and other payment systems had support in recovering money back.

Who is going to store money in such type of wallets when there is no support or security from hackers.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: