Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:16:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DON'T DO PANIC SELLING !!!  (Read 8878 times)
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:35:51 AM

yes, i highly agree with your opinion on this matter. bitcoin is increasing its value for some various factors and i think the wallet of each bitcoin users affect it. all of us would like to earn money and make profit from our investments but if we think of bitcoin as our future opportunity as well, we should give time for our bitcoin to be invested and not sell it right away due to increase in value for we may all have our loss in the future due to this happenings.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:17:52 AM

Keep calm and HODL mate Smiley
Holding is something far better option than that of panic selling. There is no pint of selling your coins at less price which will result in nothing else but huge loss. The one who is going for panic selling is going to lose his very own money with his very own hands. Patience is the only key which can help you in such kind of situation.
Yes holding bitcoin is always is a  good decision, through holding habit you can prevent yourself from a big long, In fact when panic selling started in the market we see that there become uncertainty in the market.
It won't always be a good decision, especially if you've bought at $5000 and the price starts falling rapidly from $5400 for instance. It's a great investment for long term holding, but most people panic in fear of losing their funds without thinking that in a few weeks or months, the price could be a lot higher. We've all been in that position.

Bitcoin right now, with the current high price is really for long term investments. Is really hard to do daily short because of the volatility. If you really want to do daily trading, much better to go to altcoins.

And as for the panic, newcomers on the market is the first one to really sell their coins once they see the price is dropping. They don't know what is going on and the initial reaction is to just sell everything and get out of the market before losing their money. But the case should be hodling on events of a price crash. But once bitcoin has rebounded, you will thank yourself for not panicking and selling your bitcoin afterall.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:19:51 AM

Hey everyone Smiley

finally the price of bitcoins is increasing and was becoming more stable but ! Its price is again decreasing now... You know it will be very nice if you guys instead of dumping them hold on to them...
Dumping the bitcoins in panic because of the fear of the price never reaching this high value in future.. does affects the price of bitcoins in a very bad way!
Yes some people get profit form it but!!!it decrease your future chances of earning even more higher profit... And so does for everyone else...

Yes he is right, do mot panic selling because it will just ruined all of those profits you worked hard on. Whenever the bitcoins drops do not be afraid because it will always comw back again to its stable price or even grow up just like what happened lately. Some of the bitcoin holders sell their holdings when bitcoins price drops because of the incidence happened in china. They taught that it was the end pf the bitcoins but no, after weeks bitcoins are on their highest value, luckily I do mot sell my bitcoins I just stay calm and hold them confidently
smauni
Copper Member

Activity: 484
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:32:42 AM

My badluck. Sad I always sell my bitcoins and other coins in panic. I try to hold those coin but I can't. 
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:37:09 AM

Hey everyone Smiley

finally the price of bitcoins is increasing and was becoming more stable but ! Its price is again decreasing now... You know it will be very nice if you guys instead of dumping them hold on to them...
Dumping the bitcoins in panic because of the fear of the price never reaching this high value in future.. does affects the price of bitcoins in a very bad way!
Yes some people get profit form it but!!!it decrease your future chances of earning even more higher profit... And so does for everyone else...

There are a lot of weak investors that have jumped on the bandwagon over the last year. Many of them buy Bitcoins when the price is high and then panic when it drops and start selling. A correction usually flushed out some of these weaker investors and the price consolidates.

After this process, Bitcoin could be healthier, because the more serious investors remain and the price can make a more gradual and organic increase that is more realistic. But Bitcoin will continue to attract more investors if the price keeps rising.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:09:48 AM

Hey everyone Smiley

There are a lot of weak investors that have jumped on the bandwagon over the last year. Many of them buy Bitcoins when the price is high and then panic when it drops and start selling. A correction usually flushed out some of these weaker investors and the price consolidates.

After this process, Bitcoin could be healthier, because the more serious investors remain and the price can make a more gradual and organic increase that is more realistic. But Bitcoin will continue to attract more investors if the price keeps rising.
Bitcoin can easily attract people to invest their money in bitcoin because they know that their money can grow a lot in bitcoin but if they are weak hand investors then they will not succeed in investing money in bitcoin because bitcoin will have a lot of fluctuations that will shake the hands of the investors and turn them into a seller in just a few dips from the market. So for the people who want to invest in bitcoin then they should think if they can handle the risk and challenge of bitcoin.
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:34:35 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 10:00:07 AM by Seansky

It won't always be a good decision, especially if you've bought at $5000 and the price starts falling rapidly from $5400 for instance. It's a great investment for long term holding, but most people panic in fear of losing their funds without thinking that in a few weeks or months, the price could be a lot higher. We've all been in that position.
There is a point that holding is not the wisest move at all times. There are some times that it is better to sell. For instance, it is wiser to dump one's stash when big pump happens, an opportunity to buy cheaper coins when price retracts might present itself later on. It is the same when price doing a rapid downward trend like thy said. Shorting is also better when a coin doesn't really have much of a potential to do an upward trend in the near future, time might present another buying opportunity but just to be sure, always leave a part of your stash.
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:14:30 PM

I think some investors do panic selling is because they are afraid to lose everything they invest maybe because they place everything they have to investment. For the people who want to invest in bitcoin you must think wise, don't place all your money to investment, make sure you have something left for all your needs so that you will be confident with your investment that whatever happens with the price of bitcoin you will not be afraid and not do panic selling.
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:25:11 AM

I think some investors do panic selling is because they are afraid to lose everything they invest maybe because they place everything they have to investment. For the people who want to invest in bitcoin you must think wise, don't place all your money to investment, make sure you have something left for all your needs so that you will be confident with your investment that whatever happens with the price of bitcoin you will not be afraid and not do panic selling.

That makes sense. If you've placed all your funds into the same place, even if you're an experienced trader, it's hard not to feel jittery especially if the price is plunging at a fast pace. Obviously you're going to think about a worst case scenario where you may not be able to recover. You're right that you don't have to put everything in a single roll so you won't be pressured to make decisions you'll regret.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:03:29 AM

Dont worry if there comes a panic selling because it only means that there are more coins available to the market and more coins for the bigs to buy. Panic selling and the price drops? There's even more panic buying because they'll be thinking that the price would go up.
Panic selling is an opportunity and we should not worry for the panic selling because we all know what to do and that is not to do the panic selling and just wait for the dips to come up and buy at the dips and keep it in a safe bitcoin wallet for long term investing and that is how you will become a successful investor because you are thinking out of the box.
Panic selling gives loss to bitcoin as well as investor and those who are newbies are the panic sellers because they take seriously to every news against bitcoin whether it is rumor or not and when it is confirmed that it was rumor they start regretting so everyone should ignore suck kind of news and manage his nerves so that he can earn through bitcoin rather than facing loss.
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:06:08 AM

My badluck. Sad I always sell my bitcoins and other coins in panic. I try to hold those coin but I can't. 

Everyone will face the situation but you need to risk your money and you can't get profits anymore if you can't wait. Many people are holding Bitcoin by not selling them in the market only because they patience in order to make more money.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:13:05 AM

Everyone will face the situation but you need to risk your money and you can't get profits anymore if you can't wait. Many people are holding Bitcoin by not selling them in the market only because they patience in order to make more money.
Patience is the basic foundation for every bitcoin investor because that is how they will make profit because the longer they wait then the bigger of profit that they can get in bitcoin investment or other form of investment. In investing, it is all about the patience and if you already have a lot of patience then you can easily become a winner in investing.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:35:46 AM

Yeah, you are right. If people don't sell at panics and wait till the price recovers then they won't lose anything but people have emotions and these emotions force them to sell when there is a panic happening so they don't lose much money than they have lost now. If you look back at charts wgere there were panic drops it always manages to recover to its previous price but despite this peoe will still sell because of emotions.
If a person is investing into bitcoin he must know how to manage nerves in critical situation and investing and earning in bitcoin easy because but if one has skills to make decision according to time and those who do panic selling gives loss to bitcoin as result prices goes down more, my suggestion to panic sellers is hold when prices go down bitcoin has ability to recover soon don’t throw your money.

UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:06:09 AM

This is the problem of those who are newbies here and in crypto world, like if they sees that they get profit even if it is just small. This always happen if there will be an event and even from.the last month of the year, which is so terrible. They were lack of patience, it happened to me before when I am.a newbie too.
E-shipper

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:10:21 AM

Hey everyone Smiley

Well, in principle, the right to say, only who will listen to you, if many people no longer want to trade or want to invest in another coin. You can not stop them all, and it's good for us, the more you leave, reducing the price, gives us a chance to buy a few more coins for the future.

████████████████████████
  ███████████        █████████
  ████████████████████████████
  ████                    ████
  ████        ████         ███
██████     ██████████     █ 
  ████    ███      ███    ███
   ███   ██          ██   ████
  █     ██          ██   ██████
  ███     ███      ███    ████
  ████     ██████████     ████
  ████        ████        ████
  █████████████▀▀█████████████
  ████████████    ████████████
   ████████████▄▄████████████
Galaxy eSolutions
  ICO TOKEN PRESALE STARTS ON FEBRUARY 28
  #1 ICO ON A GLOBAL ECOMMERCE ECOSYSTEM!
   WORLDWIDE REFURBISHED CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
WHITEPAPER│MEDIUM
FACEBOOK│LINKEDIN
  TWITTER│TELEGRAM
    ████████████████████████
  ███████████        █████████
  ████████████████████████████
  ████        ████         ███
██████     ██████████     █ 
  ████    ███      ███    ███
   ███   ██          ██   ████
  █     ██          ██   ██████
  ███     ███      ███    ████
  ████     ██████████     ████
  ████        ████        ████
  █████████████▀▀█████████████
  ████████████    ████████████
   ████████████▄▄████████████
Orsenise

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:47:06 AM

It's just the dynamic of the market, and the sheeps following the sheeps. The financial market in general is driven by participants psychology and it works in a chain like effect, where one loss follows the other (usually in a downtrend, or vice versa in an uptrend). We've witnessed this already several times, especially after protocol updates or with the recent hard fork, or when China banned crypto's - what happened? Everyone panicked and followed everyone else to the slaughter house. And when the price went to the button people sold, and lost the uptick which came a couple of hours later. In general, try not to trade at all, just buy what you believe in and let it sit there. If it's going to happen it will, if not the entire cryptomarket will collapse - besides that you can't predict the market so it doesn't make sense to sell when things go bad and buy when things go according to plan.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:47:44 AM

The prices of coins must fluctuate and the corrections always create another opportunities to buy low. I have been trading coins since the beginning of this year and one thing I discovered is that the price always recovery quickly than others trading assets. I have also see that most people that buying high always sell low out of panic and inexperienced, on how this market works. In reality you are to buy low and sell high and once you are doing the opposite you will be selling at lose.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:55:17 PM

Keep calm and HODL mate Smiley
Holding is something far better option than that of panic selling. There is no pint of selling your coins at less price which will result in nothing else but huge loss. The one who is going for panic selling is going to lose his very own money with his very own hands. Patience is the only key which can help you in such kind of situation.
Yes holding bitcoin is always is a  good decision, through holding habit you can prevent yourself from a big long, In fact when panic selling started in the market we see that there become uncertainty in the market.
The worst that can happen to any bitcoin holder should be the selling of his asset at the same price in which he bought it. If the prices have decreased to a big difference, then just forget about bitcoin for someday and do not check the price as it will increase the stress. The investor must trust bitcoin and show patience during the downfall.
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:19:05 PM

Yeah, you are right. If people don't sell at panics and wait till the price recovers then they won't lose anything but people have emotions and these emotions force them to sell when there is a panic happening so they don't lose much money than they have lost now. If you look back at charts wgere there were panic drops it always manages to recover to its previous price but despite this peoe will still sell because of emotions.
If a person is investing into bitcoin he must know how to manage nerves in critical situation and investing and earning in bitcoin easy because but if one has skills to make decision according to time and those who do panic selling gives loss to bitcoin as result prices goes down more, my suggestion to panic sellers is hold when prices go down bitcoin has ability to recover soon don’t throw your money.
It is all about the needs. When you need money for your day to day life you will have to sell your holdings and it is not too bad but it is not also good for your future, because in the near future you may need more money to overcome your dreams then if you do not have money in your banks or in wallets then you will rub your hands with sorrow.

Holdings needs a little bit financial planning you must compromise with your regular income.
cardinalVC

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:38:36 PM

Some exchanges have a automatic system to sell their coins if it reached a certain trading value, better make sure you inactive yours, if there are.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: