Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 06:41:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Ever Be Shutdown?  (Read 2847 times)
greatfariola

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:36:49 AM

I agree with you and I think it's very difficult to close down Bitcoin because of the thousand/millions of supporters it has globally. However, times are tough for Bitcoin and we should get ready for more turbulence ahead. At the end of this, I still believe that Bitcoin will come out stronger.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:53:10 AM

However, times are tough for Bitcoin and we should get ready for more turbulence ahead. At the end of this, I still believe that Bitcoin will come out stronger.
Times aren't tough for Bitcoin, stop taking mainstream media articles for face value. If you look at the long term picture, Bitcoin is doing better than ever before, but people don't see that due to how short term minded they are.

Bitcoin's market has always been turbulent, and again, if you look at the long term picture, the volatility we have gone through, and the fud we experienced, haven't had a single impact on Bitcoin's price.

Some times I'm seriously embarrassed by how stupid the general logic here is. We have been through all this so many times before, but people still fail to get the whole point of this market and everything tied to it.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:57:08 AM

I agree with you and I think it's very difficult to close down Bitcoin because of the thousand/millions of supporters it has globally. However, times are tough for Bitcoin and we should get ready for more turbulence ahead. At the end of this, I still believe that Bitcoin will come out stronger.

Volatility is our daily life here, stop complaining about it Grin

If shutdown refers to ban then it wont. Bitcoin and crypto are all decentralized, unlike centralized technology that can be blocked. Good luck to you blocking peer to peer technology like blockchain has Wink

goodvibes05

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:24:07 PM

I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?
bitcoin is a strong cryptocurrency, the more people or investors who has the interest to buy bitcoin especially now that the market is in a red mark it will continue to be more stonger. The only thing that is possible to shut down bitcoin is when there's no electricity and internet connection. This two has the power to shut down bitcoin. But it's not going to happen because we people uses electricity and internet becuse it is part of our daily lives.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
hyadumadha

Activity: 254
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:31:12 PM

The only thing that come in my mind to shutdown bitcoin is only world war III, when massed country use nuclear bomb and chemical/biology weapon. Lost generator, lost electricity, lost money, only you and your skill to survive. Otherwise, government wouldn't be able to shutdown this things.
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:49:47 PM

For me, there is an important point that chokes like a bursa or business, which can cost a little price but in the long run it is difficult or can not be closed. It's just liquidity that will be very painful. Cool
recsoninlight

Activity: 167
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:20:05 PM

Bitcoin can be shutdown if and only if there is no electricity, internet, investors & miners. In today's setting, you can never shutdown bitcoin because it's all over the world. The bitcoin network is too big and there are too many users/miners that are working to improve it.
Ironman07

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:27:29 PM

BTC can death
But Blockchain will change the worrld!  Wink
weeklyeth

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:49:22 PM

No one can ever shut down Bitcoin ever unless internet is existent in the world Bitcoin protocol runs
Rodon

Activity: 106

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:54:33 PM

In my opinion, I don't think that government would ever be able to shutdown Bitcoin. But a worldwide stop of internet or electricity would definitely kill it.
suzane18

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 12:57:44 PM

Bitcoin atleast for a couple of years is here to stay. Adoption of bitcoin has just started, it still is the infancy stage, thn it will grow. So bitcoin is here to stay. But definately the boom period after a coyple of years might slow down

▬▬▬▬▬  First Ever Commodity Crypto Exchange  ▬▬▬▬▬
Digital Ticks│ Public Token Sale
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:58:58 PM

no one can shut bitcoin unless the internet is shut down, there is a truely need for bitcoin, but if the main countries like USA, Chian, Russia and so on begin to ban bitcoin, it will not spread over the world

ShiroThe5th

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:02:47 PM

Everything has an end. Shutting down of bitcoin is possible, bitcoin can be end or replace but i think and i guess the time doesnt come yet. Bitcoin now is really popular and its development. Bitcoin now is pursuing the highest path it can go but the end still come and come in no time.
Morgann

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:05:20 PM

I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?
i dont think bitcoin will be shutdown because it is already circulating all over the world and it is already legal to some big country. bitcoin already use as a payment in online shops and use a mode of payment in some establishment in some countries. bitcoin will be our future currency all over the world that why it exist in very very long time.
Fayamba

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:09:53 PM

That can only happen when the whole world shuts down completely,which is not possible from my perspective. As far as the internet exist, bitcoin continues.
gerjiss

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:14:49 PM

No, it is not possible. It may be tried to prohibit and the like, but while it causes interest and demand among people - this will not stop.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Altf4

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:29:02 PM

No it will not happen bitcoin can never be shutdown as long as their are everybody that patronize the important uses and functions of bitcoin in the digital world it would go for long period of time and always in success.

sneeze11

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:32:25 PM

No bitcoin will never be shutdown because there are so many users that won't let that happened. There are so many users on the bitcoin that are so popular because they know that they can have an extra income even if they have a job. Others said that bitcoin can be shutdown but for me it will never happened.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:38:28 PM

No one knows if bitcoin could ever be shutdown in the future, for sure there is no one could tell us exact detail with bitcoin and even the price that's why some of us are failure with bitcoin but some others are lucky to, to gain profit with bitcoin. Shutting down bitcoin for sure most of us will take rally.  Grin LOL.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:43:04 PM

Everything has an end. Shutting down of bitcoin is possible, bitcoin can be end or replace but i think and i guess the time doesnt come yet. Bitcoin now is really popular and its development. Bitcoin now is pursuing the highest path it can go but the end still come and come in no time.

Yes possible if government can pinpoint every node running bitcoin network.  It will be very hard and as long as there is one fanatic that keeps on running node for bitcoin, it will never die.  One thing to make sure that bitcoin will die is to shutdown the internet and I believe that is not possible because everything in the world needs internet access for transaction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: