Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 04:22:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Ever Be Shutdown?  (Read 2846 times)
fortuneteller

Activity: 49
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:53:33 PM

Well, no electricity, and no internet connection would kill BTC for sure! You wouldn't be able to make any transactions without these.
Other issue can be all the countries in the world ban BTC, but this will not restrict it's circulation, as no internet connection do!

Definitely, and if i may add END OF THE WORLD?. (Smiling) bringing bitcoin to a total shutdown is like waiting for the ocean to dry, possible but it'll take time and it'll happen in differrent places first, different scenarios and different reasons.
fanhuaijiao713

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:58:37 PM

BTC is a huge book that exists on the Internet!

To close the BTC needs to close the block chain so BTC user's network, this seems very difficult to achieve!

BTC will only die because of the Internet shutdown.
vasilvas15

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:30:34 PM

Stop bitcoin is impossible, it can not be controlled by one or a group of people. One can only beat the bitcoin, those who have a large percentage of all bitcoins, but then all the crypto-currencies will collapse, and with them the world economy as well. There will be a disaster.
KITTY 0108

Activity: 147
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:33:30 PM

It might be possible.

▰▰▰   Decentralized Sports   ⚽ ──   GlobaTalent    ── ⚽   Join PRE-ICO  ▰▰▰
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬┃▮┃ Sport Blockchain Revolution ┃▮┃▬▬▬   ❱❱  April 16th, 2018 ❚ ❙ ❘
Telegram  ┃  Twitter  ┃  Facebook ┃  Whitepaper ┃ Bounty ┃  ANN Thread
alexxx22

Activity: 183

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 08:54:45 PM

I think some danger to bitcoin is the jurisdiction of some countries, this more affects distibution than technical problems
gtx1060aa

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:57:28 PM

Well, no electricity, and no internet connection would kill BTC for sure! You wouldn't be able to make any transactions without these.
Other issue can be all the countries in the world ban BTC, but this will not restrict it's circulation, as no internet connection do!
MoeKaloolon

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:05:50 PM

There is no way to shut down bitcoin unless you plan on shutting down the internet, it is something that will remain for a long time, all you as an investor needs to worry about is securing your coins.
qyn0

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:08:10 PM

I think not! The price is a very important thing in the bitcoin future! If the price goes down the mining price then is a problem!
tayogpanganiban

Activity: 235
Merit: 1

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:12:27 PM

I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?

I  hope this will not be happen because there are so many people  that will lose their source of income especially for me that has no job at all and only depending in signature or bounty campaigns.

♦ taucoin.io       │       THE ACTIVE UNIT       │       taucoin.io ♦
er]
Astermony

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:24:43 PM

in myself bitcoins is not shutdown, because every minutes bitcoins is high and high demand in every country, so many renewable energy technology is made, so bitcoins is not shutdown in electricity issues. on internet issue many of country has a free internet in super high speed internet connection, if many people loves bitcoins, so many people invented the way that the bitcoins prevent shutdown Wink
Yes I agree with you. There are a lots of supporter of bitcoin so it is impossible to be shutdown. I think theres no reason to shutdown bitcoin. Even though it has a low value now adays but it is not an excuse to shutdown it because users believe that it will high.
Memminger

Activity: 540
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:29:41 PM

Exactly sir. It's just a matter of fact that btc won't function without electricity and internet. I do believe it won't die just because of the bad articles regarding scam and stuff but the lose of internet and electricity will.
Memminger

Activity: 540
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:31:02 PM

I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?

It is very easy. Turn off the internet, everything will die. If that is not enough then turn off the electricity and it will cause a bigger trouble and Bitcoin might finally die with it. If that is not enough again for people to stop using Bitcoin then a ban on all gadgets and technological instruments such as laptops and personal computers could be added, and everything will definitely be gone. Apart from all these, Bitcoin will continue to exist and people will always be supporting it.

You got a point sir. Bitcoin comes with bouth electricity and internet it will not work or no other transactions will become successful without those two. Bitcoin will always exist due to it's proven profitable business, it will never die.
Godday

Activity: 1554
Merit: 401

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 12:32:43 PM

Exactly sir. It's just a matter of fact that btc won't function without electricity and internet. I do believe it won't die just because of the bad articles regarding scam and stuff but the lose of internet and electricity will.
Electricity or the internet will never be extinct because now everything is modern and when both are lost then all sectors will certainly tergangu because both of these things is the most important also in the economic sector

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
JoshJelly

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:01:27 PM

No, no, no way for that mate. I am one of the many that will disagree if Bitcoin will be shutted. Shutting one of the most sucessful investing and profiting fast at the same time. On my opinion it will never ever be shutted. NEVER.
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 02:05:39 PM

nah nobody could kill bitcoin because its decentralized need to kill all computers which mining bitcoin also to stop this system.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Geljames28

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:19:46 PM

Bitcoin network could be shutdown completely when there's no more internet connection, because without internet connection we cannot make transactions with bitcoin. Bitcoin could also shutdown if everyone will stop using bitcoin.
bundjoie02

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:23:36 PM

Bitcoin network could be shutdown completely when there's no more internet connection, because without internet connection we cannot make transactions with bitcoin. Bitcoin could also shutdown if everyone will stop using bitcoin.

I don't believe bitcoin will shutdown, as long as there is an investors and users that continue to use bitcoin, it will also continue to grow and never gonna stop.
Akorharrison

Activity: 399
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:01:38 PM

Marinecoín Crypto currency is here to stay forever I think. There are many nay sayers to this but I am sure they wish they could have some. Payment System in Internet Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Things (IoT). time dilution technology. time dilution technology - artificial intelligence - self sustaining - community - fair distribution - iot. Marinecoín is the future of crypto currency. Everyone will be surprised that coin that was once less than pennies is worth so much more and that is because 20000 peoples will say its worth more. It was once $7 on the exchanges some years ago and it can be there again. It has a new team and a more secure blockchain. The project is to give wealth to 20000 people with transactions on the block chain.
O9NpJ9ld1opS

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World"

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:14:40 PM

I think it's pretty impossible. Bitcoin is a Decentralised currency and no one is controlling it, so possibly bitcoin will never shut down. But one possibility is that bitcoin will no longer be in existence if the internet is stopped, which I think is impossible. Blockchain is the future technology and bitcoin is it's king, so believe in the technology, u ll not regret.
Itha_

Activity: 67

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:32:14 PM

To completely close the bitcoin, all countries forbid the circulation of bitcoins, disconnect the internet network. Everyone is no longer interested in using it. But this might all happen but it is very unlikely to happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: