Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 09:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Ever Be Shutdown?  (Read 2847 times)
onurgozupek

Activity: 1303
Merit: 593

In #Bitcoin me trust

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 12:30:50 PM

No it can't. This is the reason why Bitcoin is so trustful and accepted as a global payment method. If you imagine all nodes stopped in the future there is Blockchain Stallite that syncs the blockchain from space.
pusa aso

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:36:15 PM

I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?
there is a possibility that bitcoin will be shutdown if all of us will quit in bitcoin but if we are still here and supporting bitcoin then of course bitcoin will stay and it will never be shutdown.
Deborah Christine

Activity: 862
Merit: 284

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:39:57 PM

I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?

I think it is very impossible. Bitcoin will shutdown if internet nothing and if technology is died. as long as technology and internet are there then bitcoin will still exist.
Spanopohlo

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Aim High! Bow Low!

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:43:31 PM

It can happen. To ban it or completely shut it down a worldwide banning of the currency is needed or the IP. With the government agreeing with the shutting down of Bitcoin, we will be forced to go back to the Fiat system or there is gonna be a new currency. Considering the importance of BTC in our life, with its security, fast and safe transaction, there a new currency bound to happen.

HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:45:40 PM

This is not possible at all . It can only happen in worst conditions when their is not electricity and no internet connection in the world which is not at all possible.Bitcoin is going to very famous in coming decades just show your faith in bitcoin.In many countries bitcoin is legal and people are using it in doing their basic transactions and are earning alot of profit through bitcoin.No doubt some countries are still not accepting bitcoin and even other cryptocurries but their is nothing to panic .One day hopefully it will replace the paper currency.Keep on investing in bitcoin so that your future get secure.Don't believe on such news like bitcoin is a scam or bitcoin is going to end soon.Nothing like this is going to happen.
carrie_white

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:48:24 PM

Of course, the most plausible chronology of bitcoin can die is if bitcoin is banned by all governments in different countries, so special rules for bitcoin prohibition already exist, and surely everyone is frightened, in the end there is no bitcoin transaction activity or bitcoin mining, and bitcoin is dead

Coleth

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:59:08 PM

Bitcoin will never ever shutdown. It will come alive due to the fact that crypto are still penetrating in different countries. So it will griw instead.
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:06:19 PM

This is not possible at all . It can only happen in worst conditions when their is not electricity and no internet connection in the world which is not at all possible.Bitcoin is going to very famous in coming decades just show your faith in bitcoin.In many countries bitcoin is legal and people are using it in doing their basic transactions and are earning alot of profit through bitcoin.No doubt some countries are still not accepting bitcoin and even other cryptocurries but their is nothing to panic .One day hopefully it will replace the paper currency.Keep on investing in bitcoin so that your future get secure.Don't believe on such news like bitcoin is a scam or bitcoin is going to end soon.Nothing like this is going to happen.
I agree with you, we don't have to worry it is not possible to happen eventhough there's a lot of discrimination and negative thoughts its all about our perception how bitcoin works . If bitcoin will be shutdown in all over the world, the people who are involve are always find a way just to transact on bitcoin,because we believe that the change is approaching to overtake paper money.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:10:32 PM

I think this is really impossible even netwrk will be shutdown it is all over the internet and we are in the time that all bitcoin will be mined and ofcourse , there are chance that bitcoin will be stable because of that. i DOn't believed that eve people hate it bank and other countries will accept bitcoin and start with business that is why bitcoin will become more stronger than ever think to be shutdown.
dimitriaustralia

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 01:14:33 PM

Why the current crypto currency market is worse than the Rothschild owned central banking system!
Why the need for bitcoin black?
The founding members of bitcoin own 95%+ of the entire crypto sphere! Founding members are disguised as Satoshi.
The new money system is doomed! The main need in the crypto space is a fair distibution with education to truly empower users, not to continue on the old path of money centralisation painted in a different picture based on tech.

From the start they owned the majority of  bitcoins and manipulated the price to accumulate more of a share in each project.
From this point any other project accepted bitcoin in ICO's and as accumulation through manipulation accumulated their holdings they invested a stake in the other altcoins.
Founding members get involved in a large stage and over time through manipulation accumulate more and more of a market share of the major projects.
Still at a small total market cap 400 Billion the manipulation continues with one goal to own more of a share of each crypto.
December 2017 masses were lured into crypto for the first time strategist to make them lose faith in the space and lose money. Many other rounds of luring will take place and accumulation of a greater % stake will take place into new upcoming projects.

It is the transitioning of the old money to the new money, owning more of a share in the new money than before. Making it seem fair, accidental and a betterment to humanity. When in fact its more slavery and concentration of wealth to the elite.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3124440.0
money1122

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:17:20 PM

n myself bitcoins is not shutdown, because every minutes bitcoins is high and high demand in every country, so many renewable energy technology is made, so bitcoins is not shutdown in electricity issues. on internet issue many of country has a free internet in super high speed internet connection, if many people loves bitcoins, so many people invented the way that the bitcoins prevent shutdown
coinmaster241

Activity: 672
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:19:39 PM

Bitcoin can only shutdown if there is no electricity and internet, these are the major factors holding up btc and increasing popularity
It's true that other bitcoin / crypto is dependent on electricity and the internet, but user / person also becomes important because need and use bitcoin is user.
No electricity and Internet = bitcoin dead
There is electricity and internet but no one is using bitcoin = bitcoin dead
gordeevaverona

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:21:10 PM

This is not possible, until there is at least one campsite connected to the Internet, so you should not worry
Nylelyn

Activity: 296
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:01:27 PM

It is difficult to totally shutdown bitcoin because as long as there is demand for it users will find a way to have the facility to get bitcoin. Electricity makes the internet possible and only chaos will prevent all of these to continue which I hope that will never take place. Bitcoin penetrated the world, both poor and rich countries.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 02:16:55 PM

When we are using the word 'completely' it means that the situation should take place in every corner of the world at the same time. There are two possibilities of shutting down Bitcoin network completely or making it worthless, the first one is to disconnect the internet and electricity from every corner of the world which is impossible unless there are any efforts from the aliens.

Alternatively, one can attempt 51% attack to make the whole network worthless. However, considering the huge amount of volume, it will require a huge amount of money to attempt the same. If the attack is successful then Bitcoin network will become worthless on the next second resulting in 100% price fall. In other words, it would be a suicide attempt with billions of dollars so again it is practically impossible unless anyone with billions wants to destroy Bitcoin and his own wealth too.
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:18:12 PM

For me, nope. Bitcoin will not be shutdown. First of all, bitcoin is not handed by the governments and second, There is demand for it users will find a way to have the facility to get bitcoin. It will come alive due to the fact that cryptocurrency are still penetrating.
Bitcoinislifer09

Activity: 257

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:34:18 PM

It is difficult to totally shutdown bitcoin because as long as there is demand for it users will find a way to have the facility to get bitcoin. Electricity makes the internet possible and only chaos will prevent all of these to continue which I hope that will never take place. Bitcoin penetrated the world, both poor and rich countries.
I totally disagrre that bitcoin can be shutdown. It is really living for a long time I think since it was a decentralized cryptocurrency and we the users and buyers are the real reason why bitcoin is still living today as we continure buying and supporting it it will not die. But it can be ban in some countries who didnt like bitcoin.
AltCoinBuddah

Activity: 161

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:39:36 PM

You must end your mining process to completely shut down the bitcoin web.The state will have to take a joint decision to end the mining.I do not think it would be possible for all countries to make joint decisions.
shainasaz

Activity: 372
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:10:35 PM

I don't like bitcoin to be shutdown. But, it is possible to be happen because if many people will stop or will end the mining process it will be shutdown completely. But it is more possible that bitcoin won't end ever because of how supporters or trying to invest, trade and participated here in bitcoin. So glad to continue that, so that it will maintain the progress of bitcoin.

TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:31:23 PM

That could be many way reason, but i think it will got big effect when
- No internet connection
- All of web wallet / exchanges are being shutdown by government, so we are having difficulty convert Btc to fiat or other currencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: