Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 05:09:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Ever Be Shutdown?  (Read 2847 times)
Hashkon
Copper Member

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

Worlds Only Staking Platform with Withdrawal Trust

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 12:46:20 PM

Shutdown?? like seriously?? Yes its possible if sources on which it runs completely shuts down.... and you know that its not possible... I mean this can be done by the government to their people for some time not permanently just to shut down the Bitcoin....so be happy and keep investing...

https://HASHKON.com
│|│    JOIN NOW   │|│
World's First Hosted Staking Platform with Withdrawal Trust
ryanpargoz

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:50:44 PM

sure, if fud spread worldwide , eth will be on top,
cause btc high fees transaction , slow speed
evader11

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:04:51 PM

I think bitcoin will be shutdown if we don't have internet connection or lost electricity because this is the needs in working here and you can't access and work without it. In fact no one can ever do this even if the government will try to destroy it because of too many people who invest for it and i believe it will last longer.

wormgummy019

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:10:55 PM

I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?

In my own opinion, bitcoin can be shutdown when there is global shut down of internet connection. Of course if you don't have internet connection you can't post in signature and bounty campaigns. Another is when the government ban bitcoin it will shutdown in that country. But we all hope that bitcoin will never be shutdown.
lissa brak

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:11:29 PM

I believe it's entirely unimaginable. Bitcoin is a Decentralized cash and nobody is controlling it, so potentially bitcoin will never close down. In any case, one probability is that bitcoin will never again be in presence if the web is ceased, which I believe is outlandish. Blockchain is the future innovation and bitcoin is it's best, so have confidence in the innovation, u ll not lament.
wiro 212

Activity: 218

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:18:54 PM

I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?

The only thing that can make bitcoin shutdown is when bitcoin loses confidence, no longer bitcoin adoption, and at that time bitcoin will shutdown. For now bitcoin is becoming the most popular coin and as a prime choice for investment and I do not think bitcoin is shutdown.
vergel24official

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:20:01 PM

Trying to shutdown bitcoin is like trying to shutdown the internet It's not possible.
dedens212

Activity: 208

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:29:39 PM

Nowadays it is all-electric time, almost all the equipment uses electricity. That way because of electricity and technology the more sophisticated, I think Bitcoin can be shutdown. With the existence of electricity and technology, nothing is impossible.
Decima human

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:10:42 PM

Yes, nothing lasts forever but it will remain for a long period of time, it can be shutdown until the time comes that there are no more internet connections and electricity.
Man91

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:20:02 PM

At a long distance bitcoin will not disappear anywhere. Rather, it will turn into a kind of measure of the value of all cryptology as a whole, "digital gold". Bitcoin will be the yardstick of any cost of cryptology, it will be used for savings and for recounting goods and services, a kind of anchor, to which all kryptoclans will be strung. Acting as a kind of bulldozer, expanding the platform for new technologies, bitcoin will long be the leader of cryptology...
nowlscor18

Activity: 282
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:22:40 PM

It's simple my friend that if you have not an internet connection and this is the big reason that the bitcoin will be shutdown because it's online system.

Kamote_1102

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:49:39 PM

Bitcoin will shut down when we lost Internet. Since it's a Digital Currency, it needs the Internet to work.and without that, Bitcoin will definitely be gone forever. and maybe there's more reason aside from this on. just like Banning the Bitcoin all over the World.

umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:23:34 PM

I think bitcoin may be turned off when mining is out of the way for miners bitcoin and network conditions of bitcoin are not connected for a few seconds it is certain bitcoin will start to stop and there will be a terrible price shock which is likely to make the price collapse.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
charlemagne_15

Activity: 357
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:18:09 PM

Well, no electricity, and no internet connection would kill BTC for sure! You wouldn't be able to make any transactions without these.
Other issue can be all the countries in the world ban BTC, but this will not restrict it's circulation, as no internet connection do!

Very well said. I agree with you ! Bitcoin will surely be completely shutdown if that will happen. We all know that internet is one of the ways on how to access the bitcoin and if there was no gadgets and electricity, internet is also unaccessible. Bitcoin will completely vanish if governments of each country ban it as what stated above. I also want to add, if no one will support it bitcoin will definitely die.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
SaiWAFU

Activity: 193
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:46:38 PM

Since bitcoin is P2P, let's say most of bitcoin's network/ users are in a single country, and this country decided not to support it, it would probably be shut down.

No money exchanging stores would accept bitcoin because central banks wouldn't back them up and no business stores would accept it as well.
jayveerastrullo

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:25:57 PM

No, because there are many users and investor who uses it to do some campaign. Bitcoin will have a better system in the near future.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:40:44 PM

I don't see the possibility of bitcoin shutting down unless if there is no internet connection and electricity which is not possible but i just pray that bitcoin never shuts down
rinkeshkashyap01

Activity: 232

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:45:39 PM

How will bitcoin shut down if there isn't even anyone that has full control over it? Bitcoin is a decentralized bitcoin currency. It's time for us to think about the further development, because its clear that the blockchain technology is gonna make a big change in all sectors when implemented. No need to think of such a shut down, as far as I know the bitcoin archive are in for conditioning.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:47:11 PM

I think bitcoin network could have been turned off when the internet is gone, because I think the bitcoin network movement depends only on the condition of the internet or not, but if it is deliberately turned off it seems unlikely that the bitcoin miner makes so much bitcoin network will never die.
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:48:40 PM

Unless every single government in the world bans bitcoin and makes it illegal I don't think Bitcoin could be shutdown and all the governments banning bitcoin isn't going to happen as at least some countries are going to be in favor of crypto currencies and they would be enough for Bitcoin to survive in this world.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: