Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:07:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermarket Accept Bitcoin  (Read 12650 times)
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:25:11 AM

I'm not aware of any whether they are inside or outside my country. Usually, you found ATMs inside malls and Supermarkets but not shops directly accepting bitcoin. You will have better luck searching online, there are some retailers like Overstock that accept BTC.
It is a good advice. If you really want to seek a market or a specific business that is open on accepting bitcoin in terms of transaction, the nest possible way to know it is to search through internet. It is a good thing to inform people for the possible ways they could used their bitcoin specifically on transactions.
It is very interesting that supermarkets have started accepting bitcoin as their payments. It is a positive sign for implanting bitcoin all over the world. I have heard that in south Africa super markets have started accepting bitcoin/ I really appreciate this action and now to follow them many other countries will also start accepting bitcoin as their regular payments. Waiting for others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin_BOy$

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

|| Web developer ||

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:35:45 AM

I don't know any supermarket that accept bitcoin directly but there's a store (Jeffersons Store – A street wear clothing store in Bergenfield, N.J)

I think you will better get a bitcoin debit card, and spend it freely in Supermarkets.

You can find more of companies, shops, services accepting bitcoin here: https://99bitcoins.com/who-accepts-bitcoins-payment-companies-stores-take-bitcoins/
pia19

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:13:08 AM

Well in my country there are no supermarket that accepts bitcoin. Some of them dont even know what bitcoin is. But there some online stores that now accept bitcoin as a mode of payment. You can buy things online uisng your coins. But i hope one day bitcoin can be use in physical stores and supermarket to buy things. I think it will be a great innovation.
tevayo

Activity: 620

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:12:18 AM

Is there any Supermarket or Malls Accept Bitcoin near you ?
Bitcoins are growing with a fast rate.  Their prices fluctuates a lot.  As many Companies are coming forward to accept bitcoin.  There are some groceries store in United States which accepts bitcoins.  Bitcoins us trending.  And there is no day left when bitcoin will capture the economy and most of the supermarket will accept bitcoin as like any other currency.  Bitcoin comes with so many benefits that, no one can deny it.  Its attractive nature and advantages attract everyone.
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:02:53 PM

I think this is far from happening in my country! Though I have seen a few home businesses that would take BTC.
It's the same with me, and it's bad.
My country forbids all its citizens to transact using Bitcoin.
and recently an online store was closed for legalizing transactions with Bitcoin.
very disappointed.
blckhawk

Activity: 1498
Merit: 327

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:57:40 PM

Unfortunately in my country we have no that kind of store. I think it just because most of the people here are not aware on bitcoin or it might not fully accepted here. Anyway, for me having a supermarket that accept bitcoin as payment is pretty good idea because it will be more easier for us to buy stuff. Yet, we could buy alot of things because it is volatile that could make the bitcoin price more valuable.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Shinigami78

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:52:26 PM

for in my own environment there is no supermarket or mall that receives btc payments directly.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:58:01 PM

for in my own environment there is no supermarket or mall that receives btc payments directly.
well its not been supported as well from where am I right now, I'm still hoping that bitcoin will be supported by most supermarkets and department stores,
if this happen here then more people will start and adopt this investment, just needed to keep watching and wait for more updates.
majeed

Activity: 526
Merit: 253

Damn

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:55:29 PM

in my country the use bitcoin as a means of payment is not recognized by the government, so no one supermarket or malls accept bitcoin
Yes I also heard that many countries have started bitcoin in their local markets as their local currency, like Japan, India, South Africa, Vietnam etc. this is a positive step towards the success of bitcoin and prevailing bitcoin all over the world. I think that if most of the people involved in bitcoin the price of bitcoin will also increase and the investors will make a huge profit through bitcoin in the near future.
That the fuck man... Vietnam does not accept bitcoin and it is crazy to say that. Vietnam is the most stupid country on the plannet which the government control everything and the people do not want to fight for their own freedom. They living standard in Vietnam is suck and bitcoin is forbid here. My friend has just told me about this situation yesterday
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:27:07 PM

I have been to Japan 1 month ago. There a lot of shops where you can pay with BTC. Some huge resellers also accept it. I think this country will be a leader in the future world of crypto.
Here are 260k organizations that alredy recieve BTC: https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-accepted-260000-stores-summer/

mifanmuzny

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:38:39 PM

Hello people im from srilanka is there any mall or supermarkets that accept bitcoins. Please shed some light on this subject thnx Smiley
katrimans

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:02:20 AM

Accepting bitcoins fro groceries when checking out is not really an advisable method at this moment. The the transaction fee alone is already a huge rip off on top of that the long wait time for the confirmation. Just a no if I. Am a grocery owner.
I must say that one should take care of his bitcoins in the best possible way. There is no point of paying your utility bills or shopping by giving away your bitcoins. As far as supermarket accepting bitcoin is concerned, there is no such kind of supermarket at present which have started accepting bitcoin. There are online shopping stores which are providing this facility to their customers.
Yes I really like this action from super markets because it is the step towards the acceptance of bitcoin all over the world, and looking to these kind of super markets other shops and local markets will also start accepting bitcoins as their payments.

Now the big companies and restaurants have also started accepting bitcoin as their payments and gradually all the people are going to accept bitcoin for their payments.
TheNextChampion

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 12:15:11 PM

In our country it's not yet supported to pay with bitcoins in supermarket but the idea is great. If bitcoin will be accepted in supermarket it's another way of paying your groceries in a convenient way. When you don't have enough cash or you forgot your debit and credit cards and you only your bitcoin wallet then it's a plus because you don't need to skip your groceries.

H A R A               WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:07:08 PM

well its not been supported as well from where am I right now, I'm still hoping that bitcoin will be supported by most supermarkets and department stores,
if this happen here then more people will start and adopt this investment, just needed to keep watching and wait for more updates.
Yeah, me too, it is also not available here in my place. Well, if our country improve their system and include bitcoin as one of payment method well I think that is easier for us who can earn bitcoin so we don't need to bring cash just to have groceries.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:47:22 PM

If bitcoin will be accepted in supermarket it's another way of paying your groceries in a convenient way.
The process itself may be convenient, but we can't just discard the effects of the volatility this market goes through.

If you walk to a store with $100 in Bitcoin to buy your daily needs, and the price corrects itself with 10% at that moment (which happens quite regularly), you'll be short of value to buy everything you initially wanted to buy.

You'll either need to top up your Bitcoin balance, or use fiat to buy everything you need. If you think about it, you are far better off using fiat directly instead of Bitcoin. I don't consider Bitcoin to be a proper local currency.

Fiat in that aspect will remain the leader.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Krillin61

Activity: 314
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:52:12 PM

Unfortunately we don't have that kind of supermarket here in the Philippines. But Im hoping that there will be soon because it is more convinient and be more easier for me to pay. I don't need to convert my bitcoins into fiat and cash out in order to buy. I wanted to have supermarket that accept bitcoin as payment because it is cool.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:06:12 AM

Unfortunately we don't have that kind of supermarket here in the Philippines. But Im hoping that there will be soon because it is more convinient and be more easier for me to pay. I don't need to convert my bitcoins into fiat and cash out in order to buy. I wanted to have supermarket that accept bitcoin as payment because it is cool.
That's true, there is no supermarket right now accepting bitcoin but maybe in the future it will also happen, some countries already accepting bitcion for payment and I think it would be great if they will put bitcoin as one of the payment method so we can use our bitcoin to pay and will no longer convert our bitcoin into fiat. But if that's happen I hope their is no transaction fee.
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:02:53 AM

I haven't seen yet a supermarket accepting bitcoin as payment in our place, but i hope in the coming years supermarket here will start accepting bitcoin. If there is any one will accept bitcoin, the others will follow. And if that happens this will be great because it is more convenient and no need to bring more cash so it is more safe.
bitalive

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:10:31 AM

South African based Pick n Pay Started, I guess https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/the-second-largest-supermarket-chain-store-in-south-africa-pick-n-pay-recently-started-testing-bitcoin-payments-at-its-stores/
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:53:13 AM

I don't know any supermarket that accept bitcoin directly but there's a store (Jeffersons Store – A street wear clothing store in Bergenfield, N.J)

I think you will better get a bitcoin debit card, and spend it freely in Supermarkets.

You can find more of companies, shops, services accepting bitcoin here: https://99bitcoins.com/who-accepts-bitcoins-payment-companies-stores-take-bitcoins/
Bitcoin debit card will end up becoming the norm at the end of it all. At that point anyone can make use of the currency the way they wish even without the stores accepting bitcoin normally. However, the usage by stores will most definitely create awareness for the currency in the long run and people will start getting curious by the day to see how they can make the best use of the currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: