Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 12:07:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Groupbuy] Jupiter KNCMiner (0.5 BTC shares) 12 sold! [CLOSED] !!!  (Read 32962 times)
dutu

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:50:20 AM

3 shares

https://blockchain.info/ro/tx/ededb00d1613b22b396c9d66e7cfcc2375b2c7fd612cb3d6c93dfb534fcbdaf7
tyrion70 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 934
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:52:01 AM

Ditto, conanmi, Choadmeyer confirmed; Choadmeyer your transaction has no confirms yet; I'll update startpost once it confirms..

@dutu I already added you to start post but now I'll add your name, thanks!

@All as you might have seen BTC had a pretty huge crash just now (down to 90$ from 110$) it has restored to 96$ already but that means its still down almost 15%. We'll definately buy the miner but we might wait a bit.

Cheers

brishtiteveja

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:11:38 AM

2 shares with 1 BTC.
Transaction: 29f845c68a08683c436e135fca0c871ab73a85fe8f1bc7376dd977b842c87d5a
https://blockchain.info/tx/29f845c68a08683c436e135fca0c871ab73a85fe8f1bc7376dd977b842c87d5a
Lymo

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:22:35 AM

7 shares

address: 157xynh8F9Tts6pp4HYEdXb7FQtbD2cN9q

https://blockchain.info/tx/e447a7f236f3a6fd397916db15f287f86ddb6028ed6398297ddf83d13112ed35
kerhac

Activity: 65

RVelasco mi nuevo usuario

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:39:55 AM

Im screwed, I planned to buy 8-10 shares today  and just found out that BitInstant no longer
accepts cash deposits. Is there anyway i can quickly buy some BTC without taking days to do so.

I can hold 10 shares for you until Wednesday (~4 days) next week. You need to PM me and confirm this.

If there is a miner more, can you hold 2 shares? I don't have more BTC until Monday or Tuesday

bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 11:04:07 AM

How you are gonna pay for that ?
btc dropped 25%

u will get 150k usd from your pocket ?
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 11:08:31 AM

btc dropped 25%

u will get few k usd from your pocket ?
tyrion70 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:44:57 AM

btc dropped 25%

LOL, yeah we won't front 150k.. :p Luckily..

Actually I'm waiting for Blasbob to come online. So far we paid 10BTC ahead already on the previous miners. this miner alone will cost us another 13btc extra to pay upfront and you can imagine we didn't calculate a 20%+ price drop. We've sold all the shares of miner 9 now. We want to try to sell miner 10 as well, but we'll have to consider our options. The other group buys have had to either raise prices on shares or had a big margin to start with (we have no margin on the buy at all). We are reluctant to do that because it will make an IPO on BTC-e harder to do. As soon as I've spoken to Blastbob we'll come with a definitive solution.

Cheers!

BTW, miner 9 is now Sold! You can buy shares on miner 10 but we might have to change something with the share price or something else. We'll get back on that.

brishtiteveja

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:53:18 AM

My name is not in the list.... Do something. Grin
Already got 9 confirmations:
 http://blockchain.info/tx/29f845c68a08683c436e135fca0c871ab73a85fe8f1bc7376dd977b842c87d5a 
tyrion70 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:59:22 AM

My name is not in the list.... Do something. Grin
Already got 9 confirmations:
 http://blockchain.info/tx/29f845c68a08683c436e135fca0c871ab73a85fe8f1bc7376dd977b842c87d5a 

Yes it is.. you must have looked wrong  Grin  Tongue  Roll Eyes

LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:06:13 PM

btc dropped 25%

Actually I'm waiting for Blasbob to come online. So far we paid 10BTC ahead already on the previous miners. this miner alone will cost us another 13btc extra to pay upfront and you can imagine we didn't calculate a 20%+ price drop. We've sold all the shares of miner 9 now. We want to try to sell miner 10 as well, but we'll have to consider our options. The other group buys have had to either raise prices on shares or had a big margin to start with (we have no margin on the buy at all). We are reluctant to do that because it will make an IPO on BTC-e harder to do. As soon as I've spoken to Blastbob we'll come with a definitive solution.

Cheers!

BTW, miner 9 is now Sold! You can buy shares on miner 10 but we might have to change something with the share price or something else. We'll get back on that.

I'd recommend NOT changing share price if you want to IPO.  I haven't bought any shares, just an outsider interested in how these group buys are going.  Up to this point I believe your offering is better than the other because the Terms haven't changed from what I've read.  You 2 are going to have to eat the BTC drop if you plan to make this a successful IPO or business in the future.  

To the group, one thing that stands out that I don't like from what I've read is the fact that these shares are conditional shares.  I hope all of you realize you'll only have 2 years of mining revenue.  Then the 2 owners get to keep the machines and earn 100% profit from then on.  Read the Terms again and make sure this is what you want to do.  

I also am cautious about the amount of money the 2 owners have put into the group buy.  I can't tell as easily as the other Jupiter group buy in the forum.  If the owners are actually just acting as a pass-through to Jupiters (meaning they have a low order number but aren't paying their money, YOU are paying money) then make sure those are the terms you are good with.  Remember any number of things can happen with this, but they still get to collect a maintainence fee no matter what.  

Also, what about power supplies?  The amount the Jupiters were bought show that PSU wasn't included.  Who is going to pick up that tab?  The group or the owner?  The Terms need to be defined better with this.  That's an extra $200-$300 per Jupiter that someone needs to get in order to make anything.

And finally, how do the shares work as units come online?  Are the first buyers or private buyers in a line and get paid as "their" unit goes online?  Or is this a group buy and all shares are part of the whole buy?  Do you own a % of a mining collective (if this IPOs or not) or do you just own a share(s) of 1 Jupiter unit?  And when that goes online do you then get paid?  What if that unit is DOA or stops?  Do others get paid as you don't?

Anyways, like I said, up to this time I think the 2 owners have covered most stuff well.  Just make sure you're informed and understand the Terms.  Again, as an outsider, my biggest beef with this is that the owners may not be putting any money in... the still get a nice fee no matter what...  and after 2 years they own the equipment and 100% profit and these shares (IPO or not) become worthless.
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 12:16:27 PM

btc dropped 25%

Cheers!

I'd recommend NOT changing share price if you want to IPO.  I haven't bought any shares, just an outsider interested in how these group buys are going.  Up to this point I believe your offering is better than the other because the Terms haven't changed from what I've read.  You 2 are going to have to eat the BTC drop if you plan to make this a successful IPO or business in the future.  

To the group, one thing that stands out that I don't like from what I've read is the fact that these shares are conditional shares.  I hope all of you realize you'll only have 2 years of mining revenue.  Then the 2 owners get to keep the machines and earn 100% profit from then on.  Read the Terms again and make sure this is what you want to do.  

I also am cautious about the amount of money the 2 owners have put into the group buy.  I can't tell as easily as the other Jupiter group buy in the forum.  If the owners are actually just acting as a pass-through to Jupiters (meaning they have a low order number but aren't paying their money, YOU are paying money) then make sure those are the terms you are good with.  Remember any number of things can happen with this, but they still get to collect a maintainence fee no matter what.  

Also, what about power supplies?  The amount the Jupiters were bought show that PSU wasn't included.  Who is going to pick up that tab?  The group or the owner?  The Terms need to be defined better with this.  That's an extra $200-$300 per Jupiter that someone needs to get in order to make anything.

And finally, how do the shares work as units come online?  Are the first buyers or private buyers in a line and get paid as "their" unit goes online?  Or is this a group buy and all shares are part of the whole buy?  Do you own a % of a mining collective (if this IPOs or not) or do you just own a share(s) of 1 Jupiter unit?  And when that goes online do you then get paid?  What if that unit is DOA or stops?  Do others get paid as you don't?

Anyways, like I said, up to this time I think the 2 owners have covered most stuff well.  Just make sure you're informed and understand the Terms.  Again, as an outsider, my biggest beef with this is that the owners may not be putting any money in... the still get a nice fee no matter what...  and after 2 years they own the equipment and 100% profit and these shares (IPO or not) become worthless.

Great questions,
One thing I would like to point out here is we are speaking about 2 years of ownership, that is 20 years internet time and 200 years in bitcoin time.

In 4 years we have gone from cpu>gpu>fpga>asic, next year it will be asic v2 or something else and for 0.50 BTC that is an easy very low barrier to entry for folks that do not have $7000 to drop on a single unit themselves (that actually has the possibility to get delivered in a reasonable timeframe), as it is this is the lowest cost way for hobbyist's to get into the game in a meaningful way.

2.82 GH/s for 0.50 BTC, that is cheap! Find me a cheaper alternative to that and I will jump all over that as well.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
tyrion70 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:39:21 PM

Hey Litebit,

Lot of good questions and I'll answer them for the benefit of the group Smiley

Exactly what we believed so far and why we haven't changed terms.. BTW it's the group that actually eats the BTC drop because the market difference will be deducted as costs in the first payouts. So far they were only relatively small amounts which we could pay out of pocket (still hurts to pay it now and not see anything in return but we see it as a show of good faith). On miner 9 we pay almost 15BTC out of pocket which means a total of almost half a miner which we only get back once the miners are delivered.. We are still deciding on what to do with miner 10.. Maybe we should just stop here, we'll get back on that.

True; but we actually only added that part to prevent discussion later on when the hardware is end of life. We can only hope this gear stays profitable for that long. Were expecting that it won't take two years before the hardware isn't profitable anymore. Aside from that the most profit will be made in the beginning not in the end.

A lot Wink from the 9 miners sold so far 5 were bought by us (marked by privately bought). One of the reasons why this deal is so good is that we add our own miners to the deal (spreading out risk of failure etc). We have a lot at stake here but we strongly believe this is going to be the ASIC that shook up the world. That's also the reason why the recent price drop is not making us happy; We invested 35000$ already. We simply don't have much left and every 1000$ we have to pay upfront is a lot of money.

Correct; we need to buy power supplies; I do agree that terms could have been made more clear on that point. We considered them as costs of hosting (since you need power to host). I'll update the terms clearly stating when it was changed. Same goes for shipping costs as well btw. We tried to make this as transparant as possible but I now realize that it might still raise questions. Other group buys have much bigger margins on the shares and still calculate costs from proceeds though. It can't come as a big surprise that we won't lose money on this deal (other than our own 35K ;-))

That's the shiny part (as far as we think), this is a group buy and a group effort. Therefore you own a % of the collective (just like we do). as soon as the first miner fires up we'll start paying dividends.

This is stated in the start post, I thought this was pretty clear but if it needs updating please give suggestions:
Dividends
Payouts will take place bi-weekly. Statements will be made available on http://p2pool.nl/blog/

Payment will commence when first miner is delivered. Payouts will increase as every miner is delivered until the group buy and private buy are complete. As you can see below, 4 miners have already been privately purchased and brought into this group buy.

We plan to make an IPO on btct.co in order to make it possible to trade your shares. Untill that time it is possible to transfer ownership of your shares. We will however charge a 0.1BTC transfer fee for this.

We consider that as a compliment; thanks! With regards to your last sentence; we are coming up with a business plan for the IPO. we will definately not IPO for a two-year venture. It's not worth the trouble and costs and we believe the definitive shares should be a part of a company not just miners. We'll get back on that to..

Cheers!

LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 01:48:37 PM

I think the clarification you gave is great.  Especially the matter of capital invested.  I think this could roll well into an IPO.  The deal with the 2 year life cycle I don't agree with but that still doesn't mean it might be the best choice.  Especially if you look at it as business expenses and stocks in company.  Equipment needs updated and investors supply capital once things get rolling.  So more machines coming online down the road is good for all.

Cheers,
LiteBit
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:13:09 PM

Would like to buy a share or two, but you seem to be on hold. I have funds ready. What should I do to be certain of getting in?

blastbob

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:18:26 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 03:37:09 PM by blastbob

Would like to buy a share or two, but you seem to be on hold. I have funds ready. What should I do to be certain of getting in?

Tyrion is back soon, we will most likely get it going in a short time.

Goal is 10 miners, and hopefully the BTC can stabilize enough later today.

Bitrated user: blastbob.
clicksmoney

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:48:20 PM

Derp. 2 under tx ID : 130299bbd0741fb531e66afbb490697be6b6411861a69888996f57d3b02f3363

tyrion70 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:52:45 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 04:07:46 PM by tyrion70

Allright people! We've had the worst it seems. We'll be buying the 9th miner shortly and we'll open up the 10th miner. If BTC crashes again later tonight we reserve the right to refund the 10th miner. We decided not to change anything else.

Cheers and thanks!

KSV

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 03:54:34 PM

still offering any shares? it says on hold? i want in for 4 shares.

Trade Bitcoins @ FYB-SE ---> https://www.fybse.se
tyrion70 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:07:09 PM

still offering any shares? it says on hold? i want in for 4 shares.

Yes we're open for business again! I was updating the main post when u replied Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: