Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:02:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesus Coin?  (Read 2516 times)
SAAVgames (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:23:32 PM

I ran across this the other day, clearly it is a scam, but they sure spent a lot of time putting together a very nice site and it seems to have raised some money as well. Anyone know anything specific about this or is it entirely a joke?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:47:08 PM

Its more a joke, some people on Reddit discovered its source code and decided to mine it and build something from it.
Dogecoin is kind of similar, it isn't very serious. I would not go as far as calling it a scam but..

But anyone can see that with a name like that it isn't something to really be taken serious.. same as Doge..

SAAVgames (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:03:38 PM

last I looked they had pulled in like $50,000. Not too bad for a joke Smiley. I ran across it when looking at various web designs, I really liked what they did.
yura888

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:05:52 PM

I think that's probably a joke. I do not see in this project global in and interesting ideas

MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:14:10 PM

Honestly I'd almost invest in it as a form of payment for giving me a really good laugh.

Namecom

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:21:50 PM

Honestly I'd almost invest in it as a form of payment for giving me a really good laugh.

Good job Grin
But still even if it is a scam, it has high chances to become quite popular, with such a concept
Defloration

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:28:10 PM

I examined the website, absolutely phony in my opnion Smiley
BigBall

Activity: 253

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:29:37 PM

Heheh really funny name.For me right now Jesuscoin award can have only firstcoin and bitcoin and that is it.Somebody who created Jesuscoin only wanted to stole money and that is it.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:31:43 PM

I ran across this the other day, clearly it is a scam, but they sure spent a lot of time putting together a very nice site and it seems to have raised some money as well. Anyone know anything specific about this or is it entirely a joke?

For me its a entire joke to invest such a coin. They haven't gain any traction from the community and those who have invested on it will sure find the hard way that they have been scam by this coin. What the hell someone put a coin and called it Jesus Coin to begin with? Their marketing is not very good in choosing a brand name.

I think that's probably a joke. I do not see in this project global in and interesting ideas

Exactly. Not a very interesting ideas to begin. But I'm sure that some have already fallen for this trap. And will regret their decision, Although $50,000 is no joke, I will still not invested my hard earn money to this kind of project with no interesting ideas but to get peoples money.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 09:48:32 PM

Yes it is an entire scam, but a lot of people have invested ethereum in them, maybe it was a gift or a donation, or who knows, i dont understand how the hell they have raised more than 100 ethereum, maybe it is not a lot of money, but they are only running a joke-project, and it is not even serious.
there are a lot of good projects and they can not raise money because nobody trust in them, but they trust in jesuscoin.. I am sure that those eth that they raised were only donations..

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:15:07 PM

Yes it is an entire scam, but a lot of people have invested ethereum in them, maybe it was a gift or a donation, or who knows, i dont understand how the hell they have raised more than 100 ethereum, maybe it is not a lot of money, but they are only running a joke-project, and it is not even serious.
there are a lot of good projects and they can not raise money because nobody trust in them, but they trust in jesuscoin.. I am sure that those eth that they raised were only donations..

Whoever made this name of a coin,I definitely don't like the idea. Label any names they want but religiously speaking,don't use it as a coin's name. Don't you ever think it is a holy name? Think first if it's worth the name. If it really exists,but I hope to change the name. Even if it is a gift or a donation,this is still a very pure and sacred name in the world of cryptocurrency. I haven't seen someone is using Jesus coin and I have no idea at all that it is already there. Could somebody give me details about Jesus coin? I'm just so curious about it but at the same time worry too.
momopi

Activity: 501
Merit: 127

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:12:18 PM

Of course this completely a joke. Lets check the name first, we have different beliefs here, Christians, Muslims, etc etc even Atheist. We all agreed that this is something that "Jesus" shouldn't be used in any coin or what or any religious personality. I think the purpose they had was to have a coin that's catchy but it turned out not.
nomad1109

Activity: 238

Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:30:31 AM

Someone probably just wanted to create a polarizing coin that would cause a lot of drama, so they went with a religious approach. It's not a bad idea if you want publicity, but I don't really see their endgame, even if they did manage to cause some fuss. Also if they really wanted to create drama they should have called it Mohammad coin. Too risky, I guess.

sealofsun

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:17:58 AM

Jesus coin? This coin name very interesting and like a joke Smiley this is definetly scam
luffy7

Activity: 97

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:11:40 PM

best investment to get to heaven.
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:19:35 PM

I really hate the people who created this kind of coin and made it a joke. Jesus is not just a word but it has a meaning for Christian like us. I hope this scammer is put in jail or something.
Coldsnap4457

Activity: 98

STOCKBET TOKEN SALE OCT 29 - USABLE SOFTWARE TODAY

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:21:45 PM

I really hate the people who created this kind of coin and made it a joke. Jesus is not just a word but it has a meaning for Christian like us. I hope this scammer is put in jail or something.

Good point. Can you imagine if someone came out with Muhammad Coin? The whole world, especially Western media and Western politicians will freak out.

ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 01:24:45 PM

Jesus coin is a bright future for next generation and recently it was a more value able . I'm buy Jesus coin total amount of $5000 we buy this because is bright future for me. I thing it will be a more value able in this last year. My family member like Jesus coin and we are all like this coin.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:30:28 PM

ITs still really not worth the time spending time to create such complicated website all for a joke like that. I posted their youtube video on my facebook  just to make people laugh too seeing jesus did some pitch to investors. Some of my bitcoin friends reacted saying its scam. of course it is. I don;t think it even got funds. Did they get some?

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Qpeep

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:36:32 PM

We should define the concept of "scam". Jesustoken cannot be a scam if you don't believe in Jesus, of course. It can be a scam only if you DO believe in Jesus, and you have to understand if Jesustoken will effectively manage to decentralize Jesus as promised. For non believers, this is not an issue, since the object of this decentralization doesn't exist in the first place. However, supposing that Jesus exist, the success of this decentralization relies more on the public than on the devs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: