Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:35:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8511 times)
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:40:59 PM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

Bitcoin is an asset and currency, for some country where bitcoin is legal and they have local shops accepting bitcoin can use it like local fiat currency to buy goods and services. Where their is no shop support their the users convert it to fiat currency and use it. Same time their are users who are just investing and storing the bitcoin as investment option so that they can sell on higher prices in future.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kryptopath

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Just letting you know right now, I'm kinda weird.

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:48:33 PM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

It's simply both.

Bitcoin is attractive as an asset to hold because of it's scarce nature. Bitcoin is also attractive as a currency because it's borderless, permissionless, and pretty fast and cheap (except when Roger Ver/Bitmain are spamming it).

So for some use cases like buying a VPN, bitcoin is the best currency.

This is why bitcoin is so revolutionary.

A new kind of collectible... The KryptoKaps are coming... Pre-orders have shipped! Thanks everyone!
cleofila

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:10:40 PM

Bitcoin is a currency because we can convert any currency into Bitcoin. That makes BTC  valuable currency.
coleman268

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:20:18 PM

Originally intended to be a currency, but I view it more as an asset now. As many people would call it "digital gold"
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:38:53 PM

Originally intended to be a currency, but I view it more as an asset now. As many people would call it "digital gold"
well i think it is both asset and currency i believe  that it is really a currency because it can be converted into money and it is really an asset because  it is an un expected income that even the investors itself didnt even know that tbey are already gaining.maybe it is a investment a great asset of investment.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:48:31 PM

well i think it is both asset and currency i believe  that it is really a currency because it can be converted into money and it is really an asset because  it is an un expected income that even the investors itself didnt even know that tbey are already gaining.maybe it is a investment a great asset of investment.
yes i agree maybe the bitcoin is  an asset because it helps us find the way through a good profit or maybe a good invedtment as well  from the start is is really use as an asset to those ordinary people arround the globe to have amazing extra curicular income that make an simple life living of a peole gloom and it really works life with bitcoin is now simple specialy in financial aspect.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:49:54 PM

I think bitcoin is an asset,because the value of bitcoin keeps increasing.If you hold bitcoin for long time you can have more profit while you sell it.
I think bitcoin is both assets as well as currency. But more commonly we use bitcoin as currency, we can use bitcoin for shopping in most big shopping center, in fact they accept bitcoin as currency for shopping. therefore i will like to say that bitcoin is more as currency and in future it will even be use as fiat in local shops also depending on the increasing number of bitcoin users.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:01:07 PM

Most people attracted to bitcoin due to its price keep increasing over time, makes them thought it will be great to invest in bitcoin and wait for long term or just trade it in short time to extract profits through trading or arbitrage. That's why bitcoin price always fluctuate and consider so volatile.
Bitcoin meant to be a digital currency running on blockchain which is better than banks system, used for daily transactions to buy goods or pay services, but the thing is; limitation of acceptance bitcoin on merchants, stores or business in most countries. It will be different if you live in Japan where you can use bitcoin to pay everything in daily basis.
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:05:13 PM

I believe bitcoin holds both roles with dignity. It is a currency and most certainly a valuable asset to many. It just depends on how you look at it. People like me, look at the bitcoin as a valuable investment asset with all the ability of a currency. However, I prefer to use bitcoin for investment only and not for spending. I believe that bitcoin price is still low and it has a huge potential to become really valuable in future. I am holding most of the bitcoin with that good hope and not spending it. However, bitcoin can be used as a transaction processor as well. The only thing that I don't like is that confirmation time of a transaction. The average transaction confirmation time is around 30 minutes which make it not so popular as a currency. But for investment asset, bitcoin is the best.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
AriannaSantosUU

Activity: 256

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:07:31 PM

I believe, currently,  it is more of an asset than a currency. Bitcoin's value keeps on increasing recently with no limit in sight. Some have even speculated that it may reach $10k dollars in a few months. With that in mind, no one would just spend their bitcoin which may have more value in the future.
ucok_aball

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

👨‍👩‍👧‍&#

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:07:37 PM

bitcoin is a digital currency that can now be a means for everyone who wants to earn profits by investing in bitcoin, then bitcoin also still has other advantages so as to be the best

Ch1bi

Activity: 289

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:25:55 PM

Bitcoin is whatever you want it to be. It's both an asset and currency. You can hold it like you can a stock and trade with it. You can also make transactions with people and businesses if you decide to. Bitcoin is pretty flexible in that regard.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Hasbro27

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:27:24 PM

from the onset of bitcoin is made for digital money, but many people keep their bitcoin as an asset because many people think because bitcoin prices continue to leave so many people store it and sell it later in the day at a higher price.
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:34:31 PM

I personally beleive bitcoin is an asset rather then currency. If you trade it on a low scale then The transaction fees will ruin you. So better buy and hold butcoins for a long term invesent and make it an asset for future to sell it at 10k $.
Bitocin has been introduced being a currency and it is still working in the market being a currency but if we evaluate bitcoin deeply then we may say that bitcoin is going to become an asset of the world because it has been announced that there are 21 million bitcoin in the system so it mean that bitcoin are limited in quantity while currency by nature is not limited somewhere. In this regard I consider bitcoin being an asset.
GOODNESS

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:35:24 PM

Bitcoin was originally design as a digital currency,in which many people engage in trading online with it.Sending and receiving payment online using bitcoin. As it is a known fact that Bitcoin appreciate in value, many still uses it as a currency they use for trading, while those who see it as an asset go a long way  by buying the Bitcoin and  leave it to when it value have so much appreciate and then will then in tend to sell or make more investment as the value appreciates above the buying price. So Bitcoin serve as a currency and  as well as an asset
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:40:47 PM

nothing is bad, this is better in my opinion, bitcoin can be useful as both a currency that can be used to transact and buy, and because the price is rising and never inflation like a flat currency, that is where bitcoin is very suitable to make as an investment asset.
blocklancer8

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 11:56:06 PM

The main purpose of bitcoin is as a digital currency, but its good existence can not be used as a legitimate currency in a country because in every country also has set the currency for transactions. Thus this excellent bitcoin is more suitable for future investment that is very guarantee.

kaasy.ai        Artificial Intelligence Algorithms on Blockchain                                               Knowledge As A Service +
                        Public ICO is live!        BUY KAAS TOKEN NOW                                         Distributed Infrastructure As A Service
Whitepaper     Telegram     2-Pages Paper     Twitter     Facebook     Discord     BTC ANN          = Plug-and-play skills, on demand
thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:00:25 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that can be used to transact and to buy your needs. I already paid some bills thru BTC. Some consider it as an asset because of the value. But for me, it is not an asset. It is a digital currency.

jackfruit

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:28:54 AM

Satoshi created it as a currency. There is no doubt about that. The community embraced it as a new money and want it to stay it that way. However, this is no longer possible. I remember that we were discussing how amazing it would be to buy a cup of coffee with your Bitcoins on the way to work every morning. It is popular enough today, but the story has changed. Current transactions fee cost is not making Bitcoin efficient and cheap for using in daily basis. Your question is simply the most important one among all Bitcoin users today.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:39:00 AM

I personally beleive bitcoin is an asset rather then currency. If you trade it on a low scale then The transaction fees will ruin you. So better buy and hold butcoins for a long term invesent and make it an asset for future to sell it at 10k $.
Traders are not assest the bitcoin. lack of knowledging users are assest the bitcoin. But we'll experienced traders and users are not assest the bitcoin. Because bitcoin value is simultaneously changing at anytime.
Bitcoin is a temporary investment. We don't spend all currency to invest. This is just a saving some money. It will help to useful for emergency time.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: