Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:57:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8511 times)
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:26:17 PM

well its both an asset and currency because the real nature of bitcoin is it function as a medium of exchange to serve as payments in our transactions and also an asset because the capital appreciation in bitcoin is really fast and high that it provides us high profits in our investments

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:48:25 PM

bitcoin is a currency but some people do not still accept this fact that bitcoin is a currency becaues the price always change with high price difference.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:31:39 AM

It is both asset and currency like the other said but you cant' just use bitcoin for everyday usage frequently as the price goes up and down, it is not advisable to use it as a common currency like USD and other fiat ones, It is great to use it as an asset and investment as the btc continues to grow everyday. you will gain such profit if you store enough coins, but don't get me wrong it is still currency not just stable to use it for now.
Yes I agree with you its both you can use it as a currency as well as you can use it as asset because bitcoin is a digital currency you can use it for buying things and also you can keep it for a long time for investment purpose I use bitcoin in both way I am using it for daily expanse and I also keep it go high price when the price go high then I sell it out to get extra money.
Brama Jasa

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:37:50 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

the amount of bitcoin trade on the goods or services is because everyone wants to make a profit, for now it's still not bad, maybe next few years will have a bad impact, but I do not know whether it will have good or bad impact now impact as a community is a positive impact
cryptosipi

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:44:42 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

the amount of bitcoin trade on the goods or services is because everyone wants to make a profit, for now it's still not bad, maybe next few years will have a bad impact, but I do not know whether it will have good or bad impact now impact as a community is a positive impact
Yes you are right actually the big fluctuation in bitcoin market is the main reason for it to be considered as a investment and not a currency
.Everyone wants to be profitable and the big swings we can see in bitcoin market can seriously make any normal person a billionaire and there are many real cases like this.being said this yes on the down line over next few years when bitcoin gets more stable it can be used as currency.
But for now its rare.
karabasss

Activity: 284

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:45:13 AM

It is used and so and so. As an asset, it is postponed to the future to be always on top and in a trend. As a currency, because there are already many exchangers, and you can safely use it for settlements and purchases.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:46:46 AM

It is both asset and currency like the other said but you cant' just use bitcoin for everyday usage frequently as the price goes up and down, it is not advisable to use it as a common currency like USD and other fiat ones, It is great to use it as an asset and investment as the btc continues to grow everyday. you will gain such profit if you store enough coins, but don't get me wrong it is still currency not just stable to use it for now.
Yes I agree with you its both you can use it as a currency as well as you can use it as asset because bitcoin is a digital currency you can use it for buying things and also you can keep it for a long time for investment purpose I use bitcoin in both way I am using it for daily expanse and I also keep it go high price when the price go high then I sell it out to get extra money.

There no really clear cut definition of what a "Bitcoin" is. Though is initially design by Satoshi is for micro payments using P2P, with no third party. However, as bitcoin price surges, many think of it as a assets because it is being considered not as one of the best assets in the industry. So it you want it to be currency, like converting it to fiat then used it to buy things you want or just hodl and become as assets, its really depend on each individual. You used it depending on what you what. Don't just be confined to the technical aspects of it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:53:50 AM

bitcoin is a digital currency sought by btc users, and as an asset to keep prices profitable. there is also an use as an investment because not many are familiar with bitcoin as a means of payment.

queenofbtc

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:56:30 AM

Both. That's the beat answer if no one else recognise that then get back to me. I will be happy to discuss further.

POTENTIAM the rewarding music ecosystem powered by blockchain technology.
willmunte

Activity: 87
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:14:30 AM

Bitcoin is a currency because it can be used to exchange commodities and to payment online . It can do things that currency can do, why treat it as asset ?
bitqistchris

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 08:24:57 AM

In my opinion (almost) all cryptocurrencies are an asset currently. I would like to hear it if there is actually 1 cryptocurrency that is being used as a currency.
Fretcy

Activity: 395

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:48:07 AM

Bitcoin can be considered both as a currency and an asset, bitcoin allows a transparent and secure transactions worldwide which is otherwise called the digital currency at the same time bitcoin can act as a commodity like Gold it can be purchased and stored,unlike Gold bitcoins can be transferred easily all over the world many companies see bitcoin as an asset, as a currency bitcoin has more potential in the financial market. Moreover, bitcoin as an asset or a currency bitcoins are volatile. The value of bitcoins increase as time passes and the volatility will be nullified when the prices reach a peak.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Faroxx

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:48:38 AM

In fact, this is a difficult question - considered bitcoin asset or currency. I personally believe that bitcoin is more an asset than a currency.
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:00:52 AM

It's pretty much the perfect asset, an asset allows you to generate wealth. But Bitcoin not only generates wealth it's also very liquid so that you can use it like a currency.

miss.M

Activity: 171

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:02:35 AM

We all know that bitcoin is a digital currency and if we convert it to our local money and if it is in a hingest amount it could be an asset that like other things has a value. Because asset is the things with value.

bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:32:14 AM

We can treat it both assets and currency because it can be a money into your local country and also an asset if you have a earn on the wallet as for this we can earn btc at Sig camp and can be tradable at local currency

tutorroma

Activity: 255

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:40:27 AM

Bitcoin can give investors a sense of security. It's centralized, anonymous. Holding bitcoin is not easy to devalue. This is very popular in most countries because people are worried about the devaluation of their property.

melted349

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:47:58 AM

It's pretty much the perfect asset, an asset allows you to generate wealth. But Bitcoin not only generates wealth it's also very liquid so that you can use it like a currency.
So it can be asset or a currency depends on how you treat bitcoin because there is no clear definition of it but as we all know this is a currency.
SiHidoyoti8

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:51:22 AM

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency. But bitcoin also can be use for asset.
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:06:40 AM

For me bitcoin is both as an asset and also an currency but now the price of bitcoins is increasing very rapidly so I have been treating it as an asset and not as a currency as if I manage to save it for a long term then it can give me best returns on my investments and for currency I have fiat money which can take care of my expenses so right now I don't see any point in using bitcoin as a currency.

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: