Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:46:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8511 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:03:53 PM

Bitcoin is both and you don't need to try hard to determine which is the suited term for bitcoin because you can use bitcoin as an asset by putting some investment by your own money in the cryptocurrency market and hold them for a little bit long and wait for the price to go up and make some money because of that. Bitcoin is also currency because some of the shops here in my place is already starting to accept bitcoin.
Adbitco

Activity: 1442
Merit: 664

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 12:21:07 PM

Yes bitcoin is both an asset and a currency too, it has the potential to serve as both. Basically, it depends on the way you use it, also it depends as per individual needs. I admit it's used more for trade than buying things but just because it's still quite a new thing it will take time before all the merchants world wide start accepting it and it can be used as a currency too. As a community we need to educate people about the benefits they may have by adopting and accepting bitcoins. That's the only way to add more people to bitcoin ecosystem and make it more popular and thus making it successful in serving both as currency and asset in equal proportions.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:38:45 PM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
In my opinion, bitcoin is both an asset and a currency.  When you start investing on bit coin then it can be considered as an asset. On the other hand, when you use bitcoin to buy online goods or engage on any online transaction, then it can be considered as a currency.  I guess, it cannot be considered as a bad thing.  It is depend upon you on how you use your bitcoin.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:56:26 PM

Hey
Bitcoins are not a currency for sure because the power that a currency has regarding to that situation bitcoins do hold a very less sector of that, and also its use is limited to many countries or anonymous traders who takes it as a currency because of their own personal reasons.
Bitcoin for sure are an asset because they can be taken as a means of storing money and using it for long term benefits.
I think weather bitcoins are treated as an asset or as some normal currency it all depends upon the user and the person that he is doing the deal with.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:06:42 PM

Yes bitcoin is both an asset and a currency too, it has the potential to serve as both. Basically, it depends on the way you use it, also it depends as per individual needs. I admit it's used more for trade than buying things but just because it's still quite a new thing it will take time before all the merchants world wide start accepting it and it can be used as a currency too. As a community we need to educate people about the benefits they may have by adopting and accepting bitcoins. That's the only way to add more people to bitcoin ecosystem and make it more popular and thus making it successful in serving both as currency and asset in equal proportions.
Bitcoin is considered an asset  because you can trade it and  you can also use for medium of payment as an currency what it differ from traditional asset because it is a virtual asset you cannot touch it but in functionality it work as an asset. And also a crypto currency because you can buy goods out of it.

mehcat11

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:21:32 PM

In essence, bitcoin was made with the purpose of being an alternative worldwide currency.
But as currency, bitcoin needs stabilize its price because one of the requirement of currency is having a stable price.
Because of bitcoin price volatility, i think it doesn't have profitable as medium of exchange.
So for now, most people are use bitcoin as an investment.
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:46:10 PM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

depending on what you think. we are all here to do it with pleasure. yes i agree one thing with you. bitcoin is an asset. there is always a bad or risk in any investment world. so I think it depends on what you think and plan.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:02:43 PM

It depends on the users, Basically, for me Bitcoin is more than a currency because of its increasing price, day by day Bitcoin price is getting high so that many people are using this system for making profit. suppose, you have a bitcoin, so if you want to save for the future purpose then it would be one of the potential asset in the future. but if you want to spent it on your daily purpose then it would be a currency. But i believe that Bitcoin is just not a currency but also a asset for me.
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:11:35 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin is an asset and currency at the same time. Being an asset, because you can gain profit from it thru trading in the market, buy low and sell high, either short term or long term investment. Being a currency as well, because you can use it to purchase goods, services, etc. online and it is already being accepted widely in the whole wide world. I personally think that the future of bitcoin is bright and it will never stop.
Rotsor

Activity: 309
Merit: 102

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:23:23 PM

Bitcoin is both. It performs like an asset and functions like a currency. It is also the best universal ledger for keeping track of debt, so it is also the best form of money in terms of sound money as well.

Hasbro27

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:30:29 PM

bitcoin is the most valuable asset for now, because bitcoin price in my opinion will be more than 6000 by the end of this year, bitcoin good investment for this year and the next year.
paragon07

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:32:41 PM

now a days bitcoin is a big asset and currency for me, big asset for me because it gives me extremely profitable income thru the use of trading to exchange it into currency (money).
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:47:47 PM

I believe that bitcoin will eventually be used as a currency in the future; for the moment the number of users is too small for it to be reliably exchanged for goods and services.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
cah ndablek

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:54:19 PM

actually I consider bitcoin also as one of the most valuable asset because most likely every year the price will jump dramatically.thus making us have a great opportunity in obtaining a relatively large income later.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

JOSE2014

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:56:45 PM

Bitcoin is both. It performs like an asset and functions like a currency. It is also the best universal ledger for keeping track of debt, so it is also the best form of money in terms of sound money as well.

Bitcoin is the digital currency.it not asset. Bitcoin use to any where and you purchase anything. Bitcoin is use to any country it will give more information for the future growth. But asset is not is use to any where it not moving. Bitcoin is give the more information for the business, finance and trading. Asset is the movie not. but bitcoin is the currency it will change any time.
Jarixx

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:08:33 PM

At the beginning bitcoin was meant to be a currency. This is how its creator wanted it to be: a currency whose transactions will be anonymous and will not have the possibility to be contested by any of the parts of the transations. Once the money is being sent, the transaction can be shown to the other person there is no doubt that the money were sent (and received). Because it is so good, because its price has gone up, the bitcoin became little by little also an asset.

Totally agree on this one. If everything goes well fiat currencies will be transferred to blockchain or they will be gone.
No more bankers and banks, but some villain will exist in some form.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
rasmadisulaiman

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:12:09 PM

To me, bitcoin is an asset and a digital currency, because bitcoin can be used as an asset and investment for the future and can be used as a transaction tool. This proves that bitcoin can be an asset or a digital currency.

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
███ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ███
▬▬▬▬▬    ●    Whitepaper    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter    ●    Telegram    ●    ▬▬▬▬▬
bennybeezy

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:31:00 PM

I'd definitely say it's a little of both. It's no doubt a speculative asset, just like stocks, because if you buy it at a certain price and the value goes up, the worth of it increases and you've just experienced a capital gain (conversely, a capital loss in a downturn). It's a currency because you're able to purchase goods and services with it, albeit it hasn't been widely adopted (relatively speaking) to date. However, all that is rapidly changing as there are more and more companies out there in varying industries that are starting to accept Bitcoin as a form of payment. Now you have companies like Bonpay (an upcoming ICO) that are looking to bring crypto payments mainstream and rival the convenience of standard fiat transactions via an e-wallet or a physical card. As far as I am aware, there is nothing quite like Bitcoin in that it can double as both an asset and a currency.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bringing-crypto-payments-mainstream/
Lalafell

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:35:33 PM

It's still a currency. An asset generates money without any other investment. Although that could be provided by the increase of bitcoin I don't think it passively earns you more. So it's an investment rather than a asset
Well, I think it will depend how you use it. As of now you simply say that bitcoin is a currency because you exchange it in valuable things. In addition to that, you can also use it as asset but I prefer to use it as investment. We all know that bitcoin is a good investment for long term and it will help you to gain and make high income.
Rubel445

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:42:43 PM

I do  believe my personay bitcoin is an asset rather then in best digital currency. If you trade it on a low scale then The transaction fees will ruin you. So better i say buy and hold bittcoins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: