Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:26:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8514 times)
Makar88

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:19:33 AM

Bitcoin is easiest to call a kind of hybrid asset with an evolving legal framework. The digital currency features the following features: decentralized nature, anonymity, high transaction speed, reliability, lack of regulators. If you look practically, today bitcoin is used mainly as an investment, even more speculative asset. One can observe attempts to create its currency functionality, but so far this format of using crypto currency has not gained much popularity, since its price is too unstable. As the preservation of the cost of bitcoin, and even today it is impossible to use.
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:20:33 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
Yes bitcoin is an asset and also a currency, I can say bitcoin still functions as a currency and an asset. At first, the main purpose of creating bitcoin is to use it as a digital currency, bit due to its value that continue to rise over time, people consider  it as an opportunity  to gain profit. So that how it begins to be an asset. On the other hand.
jasonjm

Activity: 1274
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 11:55:38 AM

I think bitcoin is an asset for me.Because i got currency from bitcoin .As a result i have a solvent due to bitcoin.

You are referring to the fact that bitcoin is both an asset as well as a currency. You can hold bitcoin and use them at difficult time which makes it an asset and you can use that to buy things so it is also a currency.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Rosa Paula

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:12:02 PM

Bitcoin is attractive as an asset to hold because of it's scarce nature. Bitcoin is also attractive as a currency because it's borderless, permissionless, and pretty fast and cheap (except when Roger Ver/Bitmain are spamming it).

So for some use cases like buying a VPN, bitcoin is the best currency.
Yes,Bitcoin can remember a virtual currency or asset of rare nature.Although we can not catch or touch it.Only we can see it on the Internet wallet.Although the question of bitcoin's acceptance arose.Bitcoin can be used as a currency to buy a lot of rare things.If we do not use it in a bad way, then we can remember it as an asset.
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:42:46 PM

To my mind it depends on  your target of bitcoin
If you save bitcoin and planning to richvrequested value and finally sell it with profit - it is asset

If you use bitcoin for buying different goodsit is currency

It just only my idea))))
Duecoin Official

Activity: 96

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:56:38 PM

It is obviously an asset now much like Gold, so it is now considered as very serious investment option and that is for the valid reason as well! Future is definitely for the Cryptocurrencies and that is UNLIKELY to change!
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:06:53 PM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
I think bitcoin is an currency in which I can exchange it in valuables things and I can also use it in some transactions like paying bills, shopping on online market and many more. In addition to that, I can say that bitcoin is also a good investment because if you invest in bitcoin you can assure that your money will multiply.
radjie

Activity: 1820
Merit: 264

www.licx.io

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:24:03 PM

Because the price is always increasing. Bitcoin can be considered an asset. Bitcoin is simply a medium of digital value exchange with a form of local money or from digital value to the form of goods. in my opinion like that.

▄███████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:28:31 PM

Well bitcoin is more like currency than an asset because we can exchange goods, transact and pay some bills with bitcoin just like a currency can do and also it is a investment but unlike gold bitcoin can make an easy profit due to it price constantly rising. but for the traders bitcoin is an asset just like a share of a company. but if you ask me, bitcoin is a currency why? because Satoshi made this coin as a currency where we can do peer to peer transactions free from centralization
Nokia777

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:42:42 PM

Bitcoin is not asset. It digital currency. So it will use to any where for the further process. It will change to move process and any purchases. Asset is a not movable case. So it will not use for all purpose. Bitcoin price change every  time but asset not increases every day. it will tack time to improve the prices.
bs9

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:52:04 PM

Bitcoin  used for various purpose and its depends on user.Many people use bitcoin gambling.and different betting service .But most of people used its trading and investment.
Turfu16

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:56:35 PM

Bitcoin is both of them. Fast, reliable now and borderless, it's a very useful type of currency but speculations cause you some doubts about its fundamental nature.
Mobshady24

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:12:18 PM

many people here need a bit of explanation regarding assets. Currency is money/cash right? cash is under assets in financial statements so if you are asking if bitcoin is an asset or currency it is both, bitcoin is a currency at the same time a cash but it is virtual, assets are properties own by individual or company including its rights and obligation and one of those are cash.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
spinno

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:28:01 PM

Bit coin is a crytocurrency.
wurth

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:24:41 PM

I think bitcoin is an currency in which I can exchange it in valuables things and I can also use it in some transactions like paying bills, shopping on online market and many more. In addition to that, I can say that bitcoin is also a good investment because if you invest in bitcoin you can assure that your money will multiply.
Really? If you can make money easily like that, why do you not invest all your money in Bitcoin? As your said, you can double your money without do anything and that is the dream for anyone in the world Roll Eyes

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
redcucumber

Activity: 153
Merit: 14

SOLARIS COIN

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:47:07 PM

i believe its both a currency and an asset why?
currency because we use bitcoin as a medium of exchange to get the goods we want and to compensate for work it has many and wide use
same time asset because its capital appreciation is one that bitcoin can boast as form of investment

_Mikasa_

Activity: 234
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:51:57 PM

Both. Bitcoin is an asset because its value increases over time and it is also a currency because it can be used as a mode of payment for online transactions worldwide.
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:56:38 PM

Yes bitcoin is an asset and also a currency, I can say bitcoin still functions as a currency and an asset. At first, the main purpose of creating bitcoin is to use it as a digital currency, bit due to its value that continue to rise over time, people consider  it as an opportunity  to gain profit. So that how it begins to be an asset. On the other hand.

Precisely, if indeed we are to benefit then it is definitely the main thing to do is to find a place that provides that opportunity. Because if we don't have a place that provides an opportunity to achieve our goal surely it would just be a dream, it's very profitable for us Bitcoin but one thing we have to remember that bitcoin can give advantages and disadvantages depending on how we use it. Don't ever assume bitcoin can bring money to the ktia without any hard work.

mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:18:13 PM

I recognize it as an asset and a currency. It is an asset because its price increases over time. It is also a currency because it can be used for online transactions. Bitcoin's price has increased fast this week, I consider it as a great asset.
Kim Domingo

Activity: 208

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:23:25 PM

Actually, on my opinion, I think it can act both as a currency and an asset which makes it really unique compared to other sets of existing currency in the international market. It act as an asset in a way that you can invest it just like what you have said wherein you can grow your invested money into numbers which will give you a profit from the initial money you have invested. It also act as a currency obviously from its name bitcoin cryptocurrency because mostly on the countries wherein bitcoin has been already legalize, they use it in terms of payment to avail or purchase products and services.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: