Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:11:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8511 times)
kriticko29

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:43:17 PM

Somehow it is designed for both purposes. Bitcoin can be used to buy goods and any other services while many use it as a way of earning more bitcoin thru trading and exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
anjuara29

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:14:21 PM

From my opinion bitcoin is an asset rather then currency. If you hold it for log time then you will definitely get profit. Actually when bitcoin price will increase then your profit also will increase. Profits depend on bitcoins price up and down////   
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 03:24:08 PM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

Well for me its pretty both and its all up on the person who hold their own btc. Some uses it for investment , saving it for the future or waiting for the possibilty of btc's value going sky high and that makes it an asset. Some are using it to buy their needs and wants by converting it to physical money, that makes it a currency as well. Thats just my simple opinion.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:26:34 PM

for me bitcoin is an asset right now, why? because i can't use it free in my country, offline or online its just little shop that will accept bitcoin as the payment, so right now i make bitcoin is an asset with some hope that bitcoin will 100% work in my country

fattyforhire

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:05:58 AM

Probably, now bitcoin is used mainly as an investment. The main reason is the profit, as it is an excellent contribution that is constantly growing. The second reason - bitcoin while there is nowhere to spend, in my country I do not know such places where you can have lunch or drink coffee for bitcoin. It's all ahead.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:52:55 PM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

Well for me its pretty both and its all up on the person who hold their own btc. Some uses it for investment , saving it for the future or waiting for the possibilty of btc's value going sky high and that makes it an asset. Some are using it to buy their needs and wants by converting it to physical money, that makes it a currency as well. Thats just my simple opinion.
Using it in both ways is very good and it was basically made for the replacement of currency and people made it as investment and money making machine and yes it is but its basics are as currency and that’s why countries are accepting it because they know that this currency can help them in expanding their e-commerce business and that’s true so use it in both ways it will beneficial for user and give profit at both.
immunity

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:55:40 PM

This matter remains a debate ever since up to this moment!
In the story of the evolution of money, we have come a long way from barter to cowries, coffee beans to coins, paper currency to plastic currency and the latest one on the line is “Bitcoin”. It is a “decentralised virtual currency” that took its shape after the subprime crisis of USA somewhere  in 2008.
Ever since then, it has been awarded a number of hit and trials- being used a currency, in black marketing, round tripping, drug selling, hoarding (virtual gold) and as a ransom; as in case of ransomware attack by “wannacry”.
Femhab

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:59:46 PM

Bitcoin may not be perfect answer to inflation but Bitcoin thus possesses both property of stock commodity/asset and currency. Do you know that some stores now accept BTC as payment? That is primary definition of currency. The value of currency also appreciate and depreciate in value even though not as volatile as Bitcoin. Bitcoin is still in its early age to show up full properties. In 10/20years time. While there is much value to it. It can then become whatever any governments want it to be either commodity or currency.

Lannie25

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:08:46 PM

as i know bitcoin is a currency not an asset
wurth

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:57:40 AM

Using it in both ways is very good and it was basically made for the replacement of currency and people made it as investment and money making machine and yes it is but its basics are as currency and that’s why countries are accepting it because they know that this currency can help them in expanding their e-commerce business and that’s true so use it in both ways it will beneficial for user and give profit at both.
About the nature, Bitcoin has became a crypto currency and crypto asset, unlike digital asset and currency, because the crypto theory is something uses blockchain technology and decentralized. Therefore, you can using Bitcoin as both type and you do not have any problem.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Raisa263616

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:09:33 PM

Bitcoin is currency and asset both.anyone can bitcoin and convert it in his local currency as his wish.so it is asset and currency both i think .Thank you.

konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:15:02 PM

Actually bitcoin can also be considered an asset because we just buy some coin And wait a few months to in exchange when the price has increased.That's where the greatest opportunity for you to gain a profit.

nithin@123

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:06:23 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin is not an asset, but a currency
CryptoMoar

Activity: 450
Merit: 107

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 12:11:09 PM

first time, creator use bitcoin as transaction with believer. so you can make transaction with other people that accept bitcoin as payment. but now, many people or organization need bitcoin and will buy though it have expensive prise. smart people use that situation to make them got more profit.
and it be happen until i dont know when bitcoin or other coin die

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
RSM0103

Activity: 269
Merit: 12

we're Radio, online!

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:37:22 PM

At first bitcoin was used as a currency that can be paid to any bills or buy anything using bitcoin, but time pass nobody uses it as currency because of its huge value in the market, now everybody sees bitcoin as an asset that can be hold as a capital to invest in this industry and can be keep and exchange it with the higher value of bitcoin.

CyberFM   we're Radio, online!   Whitepaper
RADIO   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
mintomia199

Activity: 201

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:41:04 PM

in my opinion bitcoin is not only currency but also it is a asset for me.i am holding bitcoin to get some profit from it. and lots of people are doing that.so it an asset for them and also it is a cryptocurrency.
FabZel

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:41:31 PM

I guess for me that bitcoin is a currency and not an asset. We make money here in bitcoin by posting on a topic or investing some money.
wurth

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:10:04 AM

Actually bitcoin can also be considered an asset because we just buy some coin And wait a few months to in exchange when the price has increased.That's where the greatest opportunity for you to gain a profit.
It is depends on the method you are using Bitcoin. Example you are holding Bitcoin for long term or until the price of Bitcoin reaches your target, you are using Bitcoin as an asset because Gold is also an asset for this form. But if you only using Bitcoin to transfer money easily, you are using it as a currency.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
ridho002

Activity: 340

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:15:55 PM

I think Bitcoin is an asset as well as a currency that can be used online shopping site that provides payment via bitcoin.
bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:27:57 PM

I think bitcoin is a property and a currency. Bitcoin is very valuable, it is a lot of buyers to hoard for the future. Like gold, if you buy more and more profits on higher bitcoin. On the other hand, btcoin is also considered as a currency, which can be used to pay for some items

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: