Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:27:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8511 times)
theory_of_computation

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:14:47 PM

Bitcoin is just like gold, it is The Digital Gold.

You can use it as a currency (we still use gold as a currency for some trades) and you can use it as an asset to store your earnings (just like gold).
I love it.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zastria

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:21:32 PM

People are trading for short-term profits, bitcoin can also be used as a future investment like gold because bitcoin prices are currently rising steadily. I think bitcoin to be asset it's not a bad thing
Kezio

Activity: 108

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:21:42 PM

It is a currency that for now acts like an asset because it doesn't have a high enough circulation in the economy yet.

PRIORITYEX
███  ███  ███  PROFIT SHARING CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE  ███  ███  ███
███ ANN Page ███ WhitePaper ███ Telegram ███ Twitter ███ Facebook ███ Bounty ███
Allura74

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:25:25 PM

At the beginning bitcoin was meant to be a currency. This is how its creator wanted it to be: a currency whose transactions will be anonymous and will not have the possibility to be contested by any of the parts of the transations. Once the money is being sent, the transaction can be shown to the other person there is no doubt that the money were sent (and received). Because it is so good, because its price has gone up, the bitcoin became little by little also an asset.
Basically bitcoin is totally an asset because it has a value that can be used to buy goods and services and in other side a bitcoin is also a currency because of its market value that can be use in a stock exchange.

Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:26:34 PM

I think it both - and asset, and currency. As asset is to old, but it was first and still working.
As currency it has more stability than most national currencies.
Indeed i am also accepting that bitcoin is an asset and currency because if we have a bitcoins and we can keep in our wallet then we can say that we have an asset for future and present also with addition with that we can also say that we have a currency because we all know that bitcoin is a crypto currency and we can change it to any other currency also. so we can say that bitcoin is an asset and a currency also.
But users often use bitcoins for their assets instead of using bitcoins for currency. because I think that is a logical reason because to use bitcoin as a currency there will be many problems that come as little stores and merhcants who receive bitcoins, expensive fees, and so on. and moreover using bitcoin for asset is much better because it gives advantage even wealth
missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:38:19 PM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

That is actually a good thing. The dual nature of bitcoin makes more people to use it. Trading and investment is a good field for bitcoin since its price varies with demand. The anonymity of bitcoin highlights its currency nature and gained popularity to people who get tired of the banks. So as a community of bitcoin, we all should protect it from being ban by many countries by proving the success in bitcoin.
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:52:11 PM

It's the risky asset, that grows in price but can blow anytime. No currency at all due to absence of volatility and infrastructure.
Sean25pogi

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:53:31 PM

I'm still believe that bitcoin is an currency and also an asset why? First currency because bitcoin is a good thing when it comes for exchanging goods through bitcoin. And bitcoin is also an asset that the owners or bitcoin users are going to provide and support their needs through the use of it and they also bring to earn profit.
jennywhzz

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:01:32 PM

I'm still believe that bitcoin is an currency and also an asset why? First currency because bitcoin is a good thing when it comes for exchanging goods through bitcoin. And bitcoin is also an asset that the owners or bitcoin users are going to provide and support their needs through the use of it and they also bring to earn profit.

I too agree that bitcoin is both currency and assets but you have rather  mix the both in one entity. In reality it is a currency but these days it is used more as a commodity or an assets because not much options are available to directly spend it. People tends to keep it as an assets and more often if they want to spend, they will first convert to local fiat.
alterwelt

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:03:27 PM

I think many bitcoin users use bitcoin as both currency and asset, and so do I. I personally use bitcoin as currency only if I need it to fulfill my daily needs, while I use it as an asset when I want to get profit in investment.
BlackBird13

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:06:34 PM

I would say Bitcoin is more of an asset rather than a currency. For now, I think it is yet impractical, expensive and complicated to use bitcoin as an actual currency. But probably in the future more and more institutions will become Bitcoin-friendly, so then it could become a used currency as well.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:28:26 PM

If you see development of bitcoin since its birth and its popularity in the currency market bitcoin is 100% asset. Bitcoin`s price is rising with such a pace because people are buying it for long term investment. Though bitcoin`s popularity is increasing day by day, its price is touching new high`s but its use as a currency in day to day life is negligible. In my country only one restaurant in Banglore, accepts bitcoin as a currency. Use of fiat currency in day to day trade is much easier than bitcoin currency.
alterwelt

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:11:10 PM

I consider bitcoin as a digital currency. however, many bitcoin users around me use it as an asset since they think that bitcoin price is higher and higher from day to day.
/GeertJohan

Activity: 409

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:55:02 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 04:26:18 PM by /GeertJohan

Simply say, Both are the answer... But it only depends on you..
 If you need to hold it to save bitcoin until the value get raise it is asset..Because Now we are just hold another asset to get a more profit.. So it is also a asset.
Or trade bitcoin when you want to money you can trade it and it's is also like a fiat currency.. The difference is it is a cryptocurrency.... Even though still fiat currency value is idle which means all fiat has standard value.. But crypto not have a single and also is not possible to predict.
Predator25

Activity: 354

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:44:14 AM

At the beginning bitcoin was meant to be a currency. This is how its creator wanted it to be: a currency whose transactions will be anonymous and will not have the possibility to be contested by any of the parts of the transations. Once the money is being sent, the transaction can be shown to the other person there is no doubt that the money were sent (and received). Because it is so good, because its price has gone up, the bitcoin became little by little also an asset.
Bitcion is a currency and for me it is also a asset as a bounty hunter i can say that bitcoin is profitable and can help you especially in you financial aspect in life. Im just a simple student and using bitcoin to help my expenses in academics.
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:42:05 AM

It is both an asset and a currency. Asset, because it is valuable and continues to increase. A currency because you can use it as a mode of payment and has an equivalent on hard cash.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:46:42 AM

For me, it's kinda both asset and currency. Asset because it is something we can control it is something which contributes or provide income and learning experience which is essential in gaining profit. And currency is something we used mode of payment and bitcoin is currently being accepted in some of our business, remittances firms, or banks as mode of payment which is actually kinda awesome.

Dendy69

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:47:57 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

It is an asset, for sure. And yes, it is not bad thing Smiley It is really inconvinient to pay with bitcoin nowadays. And, I bet, It will not be better in future. Other coins could serve better.
naglas

Activity: 233

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:48:42 AM

it's both i think.
have anyone heard about my time coin, sorry for getting out of topic..?
Peter Murr

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:57:55 AM

I consider bitcoin as a digital currency. however, many bitcoin users around me use it as an asset since they think that bitcoin price is higher and higher from day to day.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: